(1000)(132,10054) Group thread

Ghostwheel

I know I'm not the only one and I believe if we compare notes on computer specs to figure out what is causing this (like how Razer Chroma users did).

Bonus points to those who DO have a working client and are willing to share what their specs are!

As always please avoid sharing personal identifying information to avoid potential doxxing.

64bit Win 7 Professional

Intel i5-2500k 3.3ghz (unclocked)

16gb ram

DirectX 11

AMD Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB

WR841N router (hardwired)

Fixed Wireless broadband 6d/1u

Comodo Firewall (BnS exceptions added and/or disabled)

EDIT: Corsair K70 Keyboard, Logitech MX 518 Mouse

I'm using an ASUS computer, and tech support told me that particular model of computers have issues. I tried following their steps (asking me to locate a process and disable it) but all the names of the processes that it could be weren't in the list so I can't do anything except live with disconnecting. Sucks, but so does life sometimes.

34 minutes ago, Zellogi said:

I'm using an ASUS computer, and tech support told me that particular model of computers have issues. I tried following their steps (asking me to locate a process and disable it) but all the names of the processes that it could be weren't in the list so I can't do anything except live with disconnecting. Sucks, but so does life sometimes.

Try disabling Asusgamerfirst in msconfig, under services

4 hours ago, Zellogi said:

Yeah tech support told me to do that, but that does not exist when I look it up.

http://prntscr.com/9vdw53

Asusgamerfirst does not exist, nor does any of the other names Tech Support told me it could be.

Odd, considering most ASUS machines would have it. At least you can cross that off the list of causes.

13 hours ago, ShiroNoGame said:

Did someone already tried using another version of DirectX?

I have Direct X 12. I was suprised the game uses 11, normally games this age still use 9.

Here's my system specs in full. I built it myself a few years ago

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: Z68A-D3H-B3
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16302MB RAM
DirectX Version: 12

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770

SteelSeries Apex Raw Gaming Keyboard

Corsair M65 Gaming Mouse

Monitor Model: S240HL (Acer)

To get a full version just type dxdiag in your run or search Windows bar.

I don't have the issue. However, just reading through this thread, I can tell your not providing enough information, if you want to find a common denominator.

Everyone is just giving basic system specs in a list like you may see on the back of a game box. If there is a commonality its not going to be in the basics.

Few examples of what you should be posting and comparing.

What chipset does your motherboard have? Do you have the manufacturer's drivers for it installed? What version of those drivers?

What sound hardware does your system use? Do you have the manufacturer's drivers for it installed? What version of those drivers?

What Network hardware does your system use? Do you have the manufacturer's drivers for it installed? What version of those drivers?

Yes we all Know if you have Win7 or 8, 8.1, you have Dx11 installed, and if your on Win10 you have Dx12 installed. Do you have the Dx9 libraries installed? Which version?

Do you have any .Net and MS Visual C++ libraries installed? Which ones?

What other memory resident programs are running? Anti-Virus, anit-malware, printer software, keyboard and mouse software, Steam, Raptr, PC mfg native software, hardware monitors, etc.? What versions of these programs?

And on, and on, and on..

Most likely the cause is in your internet connection..

Who is your ISP? Are you using any proxy or vpn settings? Using ISP DNS servers or open DNS such as Google? Have you verified your network card drivers are up to date?

If not have you tried using an alternate DNS? Or configuring your game machine in the DMZ on your router?

These questions are underlined because in my experience as a support tech for a major game console for 6 years they solve 90% of all game connection issues my customers called in with.

The devil is always in the details. Second thought the shear amount of information needed to be compared is probable way to much for a forum thread. The Razor Chroma peeps already knew what they had in common and a place to start. Good Luck I do hope this issue gets resolved soon.

5 hours ago, Mythbinder said:

I don't have the issue. However, just reading through this thread, I can tell your not providing enough information, if you want to find a common denominator.

Everyone is just giving basic system specs in a list like you may see on the back of a game box. If there is a commonality its not going to be in the basics.

Few examples of what you should be posting and comparing.

What chipset does your motherboard have? Do you have the manufacturer's drivers for it installed? What version of those drivers?

What sound hardware does your system use? Do you have the manufacturer's drivers for it installed? What version of those drivers?

What Network hardware does your system use? Do you have the manufacturer's drivers for it installed? What version of those drivers?

Yes we all Know if you have Win7 or 8, 8.1, you have Dx11 installed, and if your on Win10 you have Dx12 installed. Do you have the Dx9 libraries installed? Which version?

Do you have any .Net and MS Visual C++ libraries installed? Which ones?

What other memory resident programs are running? Anti-Virus, anit-malware, printer software, keyboard and mouse software, Steam, Raptr, PC mfg native software, hardware monitors, etc.? What versions of these programs?

And on, and on, and on..

Most likely the cause is in your internet connection..

Who is your ISP? Are you using any proxy or vpn settings? Using ISP DNS servers or open DNS such as Google? Have you verified your network card drivers are up to date?

If not have you tried using an alternate DNS? Or configuring your game machine in the DMZ on your router?

These questions are underlined because in my experience as a support tech for a major game console for 6 years they solve 90% of all game connection issues my customers called in with.

The devil is always in the details. Second thought the shear amount of information needed to be compared is probable way to much for a forum thread. The Razor Chroma peeps already knew what they had in common and a place to start. Good Luck I do hope this issue gets resolved soon.

I can't blame my PC as i've done no changes and the game was working properly until the small update the game made before the 26th

No I wouldn't be looking at your PC either. My point was listing the basic specs of their PC's is almost pointless.

However since the game still works for 99.99% of people, I can't blame the game.

Often what happens is they make a small change to an IP or hostname of this or that. Then since the DNS servers of many, many consumer facing ISP's take far longer then the standard 72 hours to update their DNS information your screwed until the update happens. I've seen this take as long as 2-3 weeks for some ISP's. This is the reason using an open DNS such as google often fixes game connection issues. Be aware it can/may have a detrimental effect to the speed at which websites start to load.

Since some threads on the error have suggested using a VPN or pingbooster or WTFast can fix the issue, chances are pretty good its DNS related.

I have this issue as well. However I think it's because my PC being weak to the point game freezes while trying to load. It always happen if my game freeze (my mouse turn into an hourglass) while on the loading screen.

This is bad for me because there's no way to prevent this on Dungeons. And if I wait for the dungeon to load, I get left behind and everyone gets all the loot.

A solution I'd like to suggest for NCSoft is to implement a feature where if your connection is terminated, (IE, internet cut off, game freezing for an extended period), it will wait for a certain amount of time before it forcefully ejects you from the server. A lack of such system could be why this occur, least to players with Lowend PCs

64bit Win 10

Intel i5-4670K 3.4ghz overclocked to 3999.07ghz

16gb ram

DirectX 11

AMD Radeon R9 280 3GB 

Virgin media LAN connection optic fibre 200 Download 40 Upload

Malwarebytes Antimalware Premium

Razer Chroma Tournament Edition, Razer Naga 2015 and Razer Deathadder 2013.

Also i run Razer Surround Pro

Archived