Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please remove the block limit! i'm sure removing the block limit is really easy and if they ever make new accounts we can just block them all. its a quick fix too banning them all on every server will take a while, removing the block limit is prolly just changing a number. i bet if they ban them they'll just make new accounts, and maybe they could add like a block counter then so they can see who has been blocked by the whole server so its easy to filter to gold sellers out for a ban. I just removed all the gold sellers from my block list, added the ones online and guess what? there are more gold sellers spamming online then im able to block!

2 minutes ago, TheTrophieStars said:

Find a way to prevent duplicate messages from being sent, and get rid of the party broadcast. Or make preset party broadcasts.

thats a great idea. but I think also  Game Advisors should be added where they can  Moderate only  the chat of function and region !  recruiting them from ages 25+ but this will must 1st the game mature to see who of those users on forums are actually worth adding in such a "dream team" 

Gold spam is worse than ever now. I'm in the Crimson Legion (Poharan) Faction chat used to be pretty entertaining even though it was mostly just Alienware spam. We would get maybe 1 gold seller an hour and it was pretty easy just to block them. Logged in tonight and suddenly the gold selling is worst than ever. No conversation in faction chat all, its pretty much just gold spam now (just as bad at region chat in starting area.) I had under 30 people blocked when I logged on a few hours ago, now Im at 50 and cant block anymore.

I know that I could just hide faction chat, being that I'm not in a clan that chat was actually enjoyable for me and its sad to have it ruined it... :/ would be cool to at least be able to block more people while NC Soft figures out a way to get rid of bots

60028c2a13cb97fe21bb55b7ac4ed983.gif

Just now, 846806_1452550169 said:

Gold spam is worse than ever now. I'm in the Crimson Legion (Poharan) Faction chat used to be pretty entertaining even though it was mostly just Alienware spam. We would get maybe 1 gold seller an hour and it was pretty easy just to block them. Logged in tonight and suddenly the gold selling is worst than ever. No conversation in faction chat all, its pretty much just gold spam now (just as bad at region chat in starting area.) I had under 30 people blocked when I logged on a few hours ago, now Im at 50 and cant block anymore.

I know that I could just hide faction chat, being that I'm not in a clan that chat was actually enjoyable for me and its sad to have it ruined it... :/ would be cool to at least be able to block more people while NC Soft figures out a way to get rid of bots

lol hello fellow Reds from Poharan, glad im not alone in this gold crusade :(

1 minute ago, KitsuFox said:

Haha, Gold crusade, I love it.

wat else to call? this gold spamming has really suck me out from the enjoyment of this game, i was so having fun just leveling up and messing around in faction chat~ but it all changed when the gold nation attacked.....sorry for all the jokes, but on a serious note im an active player from XIV and i was f2p-ing this game to consider its prem worth, tbh with all these goldies around, i cant even enjoy anything right now, its sad :(

Request - Please increase size of block list from 50 to, say, 200?

And if this is not possible (or in addition to the above), please populate the block list in chronological order (rather than alphabetically) so that the oldest ones can be removed (since these spambot accounts are probably only used for a short time) freeing up space to report and block the newer ones.

Thank you!

If .COM is still use by those gold spammers means there is no filtering whatsoever.I think lots of people gonna uninstall really quickly atm with all that spam.Should be priority number 1 right now before whole servers have only bots like what you see on Lineage 2. Next few days gonna be critical to blade and soul future success.

I agree, faction chat was really enjoyable. I'm too socially awkward to make friends in game, so it was cool to have a random chat I could read and occasionally participate in while leveling. Right now there is a person asking a question in faction chat, but it keeps getting washed away by the gold spam, and they keep asking... but nobody is responding because I guess by now everyone's either tuned out the chat or nobody can see it with the spam. I dont even know what theyre talking about so I cant help :/

I get that this is a free game and all, but Ive seriously never seen anything this bad.

It's a huge issue we can all agree and one that will empty servers. I've played a number er of he's where it was a huge issue and not just NCsoft games. There doesn't seem to be a sensible means to eradicate them once they are embedded into a game it's rare for the problem to be fixed. Ive seen all manner of different attempts to remove them but it comes to the point where no 1 solution will work. They need to target not only the spammed but the delivery system. It would seem to make sense to lvl restrict world chat and each area chat should require it's own access. Auto blocking toons that spam the same message repeatedly can cause issues but might be a necessary step when the problem is currently as bad as it is. 

Bottom line is this is sad foe a game that has so much promise, it's had an extremely positive launch but it will be for nothing if they can't offer some solution. Player interaction making friends having a laugh and chatting are the glue that hold mmorpgs together it's those aspects that make a game last right now I might as well be playing solo I can't chat to friends of meet new folks I might as well be playing a solo game the spaming is that bad

5 minutes ago, 846806_1452550169 said:

I agree, faction chat was really enjoyable. I'm too socially awkward to make friends in game, so it was cool to have a random chat I could read and occasionally participate in while leveling. Right now there is a person asking a question in faction chat, but it keeps getting washed away by the gold spam, and they keep asking... but nobody is responding because I guess by now everyone's either tuned out the chat or nobody can see it with the spam. I dont even know what theyre talking about so I cant help :/

I get that this is a free game and all, but Ive seriously never seen anything this bad.

yea me myself already turned off faction chat, but the silence makes the game feels like just another single player game...

1 minute ago, 872542_1452550399 said:

yea me myself already turned off faction chat, but the silence makes the game feels like just another single player game...

Im close to turning it off myself. But I've kept it on in hopes that something will suddenly change... T__T but I dont think theyre doing anything about it right now. The gold sellers I've blocked/reported are still around, I even saw one of them in town with premium membership (and this was after I had already reported them DAYS ago)

Please make it so that faction chat can not be used by players below lvl 30, or maybe even 40, I don't care anymore. The gold seller spam has gotten completely out of hand.

I just logged in and was immediately bombarded with the usual gold seller spam, but today blocking doesn't fix it. Every few seconds there's 10+ new ones, and I'm not even exaggerating. It's impossible to block that many that quickly. Not to mention that my block list is already full.

Oh, and since NCSoft apparently can't be bothered to ban them, the old bots/spammers we reported 2-3 days ago are also still around, spamming to their heart's content. I released some from my block list to make room for new ones, but had to block them all over again. Seriously, do something. This is getting ridiculous.

Just to add - not being able to block players fills up chat boxes so much that it's hard to read the real messages - and also causes duplicate reports to NCSoft because if I can see that one is blocked (right-click panel will show "unblock") I know I've already sent in a report on the bot.

Archived