Forfeit?

Rikkado

51 minutes ago, Nachtdrache said:

Was curious myself so I could skip wasting my time against certain classes

You will never get better at playing against those classes if you refuse to fight them... in essence perpetuating your problem with them. GL with that. 

54 minutes ago, Kutsuu said:

You will never get better at playing against those classes if you refuse to fight them... in essence perpetuating your problem with them. GL with that. 

If you can tell me how to beat a destroyer on an assassin I'm all ears I currently have no idea.

1 minute ago, Nachtdrache said:

If you can tell me how to beat a destroyer on an assassin I'm all ears I currently have no idea.

Although I'm sure there is no clear cut "do this and this" solution to your issue, that's going to depend on what class you are. However aside from specifics, the clearest path to you being able to beat those classes is to learn their abilities and what they do. Knowing is half the battle!

They spin spam to avoid cc, they then cc+RB spam and repeat. I don't know how to counter play someone whos immune to CC and breaks my stealth constantly. I haven't figured it out and no one has suggested anything to even handle them. I'd rather just skip the fight entirely.

5 minutes ago, Nachtdrache said:

They spin spam to avoid cc, they then cc+RB spam and repeat. I don't know how to counter play someone whos immune to CC and breaks my stealth constantly. I haven't figured it out and no one has suggested anything to even handle them. I'd rather just skip the fight entirely.

The spin only gives them immunity to CC during the first .5s of its animation. The key to getting around the spin is to attack them at the end of a spin before the next one. It also eats up their resources, so if they are just spinning over and over they can starve - you can use this to your advantage. Even when you are in stealth, you can be seen as a shadow moving around so you'll need to make sure you stay out of their range until you are ready to attack. I guess that's a start, eh? 

43 minutes ago, Kutsuu said:

The spin only gives them immunity to CC during the first .5s of its animation. The key to getting around the spin is to attack them at the end of a spin before the next one. It also eats up their resources, so if they are just spinning over and over they can starve - you can use this to your advantage. Even when you are in stealth, you can be seen as a shadow moving around so you'll need to make sure you stay out of their range until you are ready to attack. I guess that's a start, eh? 

This is the only helpful information anyone has given me on the topic. It "feels" like the invulnerability to CC is longer on their tab spin but its worth testing out thanks for the help Kutsuu.

qETDCj4.jpg

So you can read our skill. We have 100 total Focus so we can spin 5 times. Each spin has 4 rotations. Also, watch out for our red spin as well (it hurts more but it slows us down).

0oXVe1H.jpg

The first one on the left right after you unlock the first square leads me to believe that the it can reset if you spec that one though. The one you might run into is the one I have hovered above probably.

Another thing to think about while destroyers are immune to cc during that .5 sec spin. They are not immune to knockdown. Whenever I face a destroyer and i see them spam that spin the first thing i do is knock them down let them waste that tab and if possible knock down again and go full hell. Class that I have done this with are BM, and KFM. I haven't played any other class so you will have to do research on it. I'm not sure about assassin but this might work if you get close enough and make them teleport to stun them. Just throwing an idea not sure if it will. I just know the knockdown works well Except when they are spinning with red flames just run!!!

• 1 year later...
On 1/17/2016 at 10:29 AM, Kutsuu said:

The spin only gives them immunity to CC during the first .5s of its animation.

I'm a noon destroyer so I might be wrong... but from what I remember our spin give full stun, daze immune with 0.5 sec parry.

so for 0.5 secs we can parry KD as well as other stuff and after that we are immune to stun and daze until next spin. so basically easy counter will be KB, Pull and AOE stuff.  

Altho some matchups are just imbalanced...like sin vs kfm, or warlock vs dest, where a sin always ALWAYS beats a kfm assuming they are on same skill lvl and wl beats destroyer, SIN has the advantage against dest...just abuse your stealth 

On 1/17/2016 at 9:18 AM, Rikkado said:

Is it possible to forfeit a duel, it jsut seems so pointless to waste time standing there getting clobbered by enemies at max level or when you know you will lose the second round.

You just answered your own question. "Is there a way to fofeit a duel?" Yes, just stand there and get clobbered.

On 21/03/2017 at 1:32 AM, Phytolacca said:

where a sin always ALWAYS beats a kfm assuming they are on same skill lvl

Really hard to measure skill lvl, but if elo ranking is taken as a measure, I win 50/50 on low gold against SIN with my KFM.

The trouble with SIN is that their play style does not overlap with any other class, so you basically learn PvP against them completely seperately.

Easy for me to believe that there are a lot of KFM that just have not found their way around the SIN style yet and lose every match.

But then the same could be said for SUM and WL I guess. >.>

2 hours ago, Shuchin said:

and WL I guess. >.>

The best strategy vs WL is - stack you evasion on WL's pet and then proceed to stunlock poor WL to death. Works great vs low gold. Works great vs me.
I hate this stupid ultimate evasion - you can't even see if it is fully active or he just have 1-2 stack.
Oh yeah and spam that counter non stop.

Yes KFM have it easier against WL than many other classes. I usually do not bother with max agility because too many skills penetrate it, but go for the HM counter instead. Since the Thrall attacks once per second I am basically invulnerable until the WL thinks of recalling his pet.

But I think I am sidetracking the topic here, this was actually about forfeiting the arena. Such a button/function once existed I think, though I cannot even rememeber if it was in the West version or only on Asia. Never was made public why it was removed, unless it's still there and hidden somewhere  no one finds it. :P

Archived