Levels not included in server transfer?

Ayahime

I like the fact that they are doing this. but me and my sisters can't be bothered to level up to max again it is a huge pain. Plus its not guaranteed that all other servers won't have problems as this one. remember guys this is just headstart, when at official release f2p players will stomps all server population hard. so it won't be just Mushin and Windrest.

i dont want to transfer to a server then having the queue problem again. it is a huge risk to take

1 hour ago, Zuzu said:

Having 1 "mega server" would just cause this log-in queue problem to happen for everyone rather than the people of Mushin.

No, this wouldn't be a problem, the login queue issue is because too many people are in the server. If you have a mega server the capacity is that of which all the current servers combined would be. There wouldn't be a queue issue.

5 hours ago, Glavos said:

No, this wouldn't be a problem, the login queue issue is because too many people are in the server. If you have a mega server the capacity is that of which all the current servers combined would be. There wouldn't be a queue issue.

For them to create a mega server they would have to know approximately how many people are going to play the game then. Or have a very educated estimate of it.

The cost of that a mega server, a  mega server would most likely cost much more than having multiple servers.

Then you have to view the risks of a problem arising, it would affect everyone if it's 1 mega server rather than it being an isolated problem to one server while the others are fine.

There are many pros and cons to having a mega server over multiple servers and vice versa. But you have to look at the risks and such the company has to take.

It is not just simply, "get more capacity, everyone's happy. easy" there's always more that follows with it. Of course a player, like yourself, will just see it as simple as just increasing the capacity would fix all of the current problems when sadly it's not like that.

They may begin to merge servers later on once the population actually stabilize so they can get a general number to combine and increase the capacity rather than blindly doing it right now, seeing as it's only the 3rd day of Headstart. Not even the official launch.

NCsoft isn't offering transfers. They're offering to refund your founders pack items and NCcoin onto a new character on another server nothing more. A transfer would mean the entire character and their progression are carried over to another server. I'd consider it if it was indeed a true transfer alas it is not. Like someone else mentioned above though Mushin is just the beginning. When this game goes to Free to Play expect almost all NA servers to be having the same issues. 

3 minutes ago, Zuzu said:

For them to create a mega server they would have to know approximately how many people are going to play the game then. Or have a very educated estimate of it.

The cost of that a mega server, a  mega server would most likely cost much more than having multiple servers.

Then you have to view the risks of a problem arising, it would affect everyone if it's 1 mega server rather than it being an isolated problem to one server while the others are fine.

There are many pros and cons to having a mega server over multiple servers and vice versa. But you have to look at the risks and such the company has to take.

It is not just simply, "get more capacity, everyone's happy. easy" there's always more that follows with it. Of course a player, like yourself, will just see it as simple as just increasing the capacity would fix all of the current problems when sadly it's not like that.

They may begin to merge servers later on once the population actually stabilize so they can get a general number to combine and increase the capacity rather than blindly doing it right now, seeing as it's only the 3rd day of Headstart. Not even the official launch.

Megaserver is just a joint cluster of the same servers. It would cost more, but the price would go into development of a system that manages the data and directs players into subserver (channels).

Seeing how lazy done the other minor features are I don't think they will make a megaserver any time soon.

The thing i find weird is ...if we are all Premium members why do we get thrown back increasing the time to wait ...instead of lowering it ?

Says " X Premium members waiting queue 26 minutes" ...then after a bit you see the queue time becoming longer...why ?

Me and the other's are all Premium members ..so the one's that try to log in after me and who was already in queue shouldn't get ahead.

That's the only reason and thing I second in all the tens thread that spawned over this 2 days.

My 2 cents...

I've played other MMO's and on those a serve transfer transferred everything including level so not sure whats wrong with N$soft here.

The other problem was the server naming, I suggested on the forums back when everyone was complaining about server names that they should use all new names and not a single one that was used for beta servers to prevent hords of people all flocking to mushin and to get things to possibly spread out more.

True that, and I recall them saying they might make a poll with server names we would chose. I was the one suggesting it and they replied to my post with that.

But never did. And them using the Most populated server in CBT name (let alone making a change from EU to NA) and not expecting this is kinda ...weird too (if they truly didn't expect that ...I wonder.....).

And yes ....every other game that had a Free or Paid server transfer, transfered Everything not just the items.

I have used that myself in WoW and Tera a few times.

Edit: While it might be players fault to chose said servers....they (NCSoft) would know too right ?

Why is there no Character Transfers? Whoever is running this show has dropped the ball, for letting too many people join one server. You can't blame the people for joining that server they didn't know there was going to be 4 hr queue times they didn't have population access. They should have closed the server to new characters when it hit 90% capacity. And forced new players over to other servers. 

A lot of people played this game for 20 hrs straight from launch and now they have a lvl 30+ character on a server they can't get into. This company needs to step up and do the right thing and offer character transfers and problem will be solved it can't be any easier then that.

48 minutes ago, Artillis said:

My 2 cents...

I've played other MMO's and on those a serve transfer transferred everything including level so not sure whats wrong with N$soft here.

The other problem was the server naming, I suggested on the forums back when everyone was complaining about server names that they should use all new names and not a single one that was used for beta servers to prevent hords of people all flocking to mushin and to get things to possibly spread out more.

The difference is other games have an automated system. here its a manual solution so its logic lvls wont transfer as then they would need to reinstate all ur equips and lvl items aswel and survey etc.

13 hours ago, Shinonome said:

The thing i find weird is ...if we are all Premium members why do we get thrown back increasing the time to wait ...instead of lowering it ?

Says " X Premium members waiting queue 26 minutes" ...then after a bit you see the queue time becoming longer...why ?

Because people only enter the game when other people leave it.  So the time is an estimate based on how fast people have been leaving the game  If the rate at which people are leaving the game slows down, such as, I don't know, at the beginning of "prime time",  then the time estimate will start going up.

You aren't being pushed backwards in the queue.  There just aren't people leaving the game for you to take their spot.

(And, similarly, at the end of "Prime time" you'll likely log in significantly faster than the initial estimate, as people all start logging off.)

How is this topic still open for debate? They haven't made an official server transfer system yet as it would take time for them to work on to make sure it works properly. So their compromise for now is the manual transfer system and it can't transfer levels. People really should just be grateful that their offering the service of moving on to a new server FOR FREE no less.

I'm not being hostile, but just calm down everyone. If you hyper-leveled knowing you wanted to leave the server then that is your own responsibility and not to be thrown on the Staff. You either tough it out to keep your levels; which will get worse when launch comes. Or you sacrifice your level progress and move to a server where you won't wait for very long Queues.

15 hours ago, Zuzu said:

A Mega server isn't 1 device it's multiple servers linked together and sharing the same environment. It's just as easy to expand as a normal server is.

Same here, I'm not being hostile and if it looked like that that was not my intention or purpose. And I do agree that at least they are doing something, you are getting back all your Founder Items and Ncoin's. It's to be happy for. I only wanted to say that it should have been expected from both parts. And seeing how many people I asked said the ping is a lot better (for me as well) they did fix that issue. The queue thing, it looked like that because of the growing number of people trying to login and the time needed growing as well.

In the end yesterday me a few others  had about a 30-40 minutes to wait  (based on what they said in chat) at around 4 pm ...so compared to Mushin we are getting better/aren't that bad (and thanks to people moving out probably :D ).

Archived