Reacting to Producer's Letter

CatchSpeLL

Hello all & @Green Storm,

I would like to react on the Producer's letter in this topic, because there are some questions and requests in my head regarding this:

-Firstly:

"With the Gold economy in a better place, we are currently gathering and analyzing data to strike a balance between Gold and material acquisition, focusing on making the in-game experience smoother."

Thank you and fine, we definitely have gold now. However, what are your planings regarding the moonstone and soulstone lack in the game? Do you know that most players don't like going to arena and BG to earn tradeable soulstones? And mostly, we don't want to pay for it in cash shop because theese materials didn't have high value for 6 years? Currently there is no PVE source of them. We infomed you about this half year ago. Now the most players are stuck with their gear, since the materials which requires soulstone and moonstone to create/craft, skyrocketed and overpriced because of the very limited way
to acquire.

-Secondly:

"We’d also like to highlight the changes to the Dragon Express for Premium members. Hearing from Premium users that the rewards felt outdated and unrewarding was feedback we took to heart. "

That's a nice thing, please keep it upgraded with every patch, just like you did it a few years ago. 

-Thirdly and the most important:

"The first month with lighter content will be February, and the second is projected for September. "

Theese sentences are need to be clarifyed as soon as possible. As you know we had a dungeon update (Chimera lab) at the beginning of december, and during the holiday season, the community had much more time "finish" the gear obtaining content. Truly hope and required to get the new dungeon (Halls of Ephiphany). 3 months or more without new content never happened and completely unacceptable. Give us the soulboost new season and new dungeon at February 8th. We don't want to wait for content, with a returning event only.

- And lastly:

The gear upgrade gate compared to Korea. I know that the Korean community get's a lot more materials such as free dungeon dynamic reward resets from Hongmoon Store, 500 vials/ event, higher value of accessory upgrade materials, tier higher gems, etc.

And West got 2 years old gem vouchers all time, such as weapon gems (hexagonal), and pet gems (sparkling octa and triangular legendary), just don't feel worth to buy them. I think the developement team need to ask about the community regarding the upcaming bundles what should be contain, before they releasing it. 

Final sentence:
Just make give us more Sacred vials/sterling scales/stigma crystals/Oculus Stones/Starcoss stones/Soulstones/Moonstones and continuously 2 monthly dungeons.

Thanks and regards.

3 hours ago, CatchSpeLL said:

Thank you and fine, we definitely have gold now. However, what are your planings regarding the moonstone and soulstone lack in the game? Do you know that most players don't like going to arena and BG to earn tradeable soulstones? 

So in short there is a good way to earn thoose material but you refuse to do them so sorry no mats for you. Its not supposed to be a game where you can get anything from whereever you like. 

Thanks to people like you PVP is at the state it is currently. PVE only people keep complaining about not wanting to enter pvp and NCwest listens and makes pvp just a lil bit more shiet so PVE onlys can be happy. Not once since 2018 we have seen anything that was for PVP players which is also the reason 99% of players interested in pvp are gone now. 

Please stop being so selfish and instead of requesting all the stuff try to think about a solution that would not hurt PVP just cause you dont wanna play it. Hell i never wanted to play certain Dungeons and i never get another way to earn the stuff in the dungeons either. Stuff only PVE Players get the privilege to. 

Also everything aside. Ive not seen a single trustworthy Production letter. Dont take it to heart whatever is written there most stuff is either a lie or just marketing. 

• Like 1

Pvp had venture tokens removed and most people stopped playing it! For the race some people were banned for speedhacks and the reward was not removed like in pvp bg! Now we have someone saying "don't like going to arena and BG"... PvP should be made alive even if lag/freezes etc. --the game is cool with pvp, I myself don't enjoy only pve fest & seems like pvp in Blade & Soul EU/NA should be called a dead horse...Pvp should be made alive & fair since the race!

Oh yea & che ats galore in pve -what's new!

Edited by Fury Moor

1 hour ago, Fury Moor said:

Pvp had venture tokens removed and most people stopped playing it! For the race some people were banned for speedhacks and the reward was not removed like in pvp bg! Now we have someone saying "don't like going to arena and BG"... PvP should be made alive even if lag/freezes etc. --the game is cool with pvp, I myself don't enjoy only pve fest & seems like pvp in Blade & Soul EU/NA should be called a dead horse...Pvp should be made alive & fair since the race!

Oh yea & che ats galore in pve -what's new!

You mean pvp wintrade galore?

Dude pls, everyone who wants "PvP", is wintrading against themselves with multi clienting, wintrading for soulstones. This game stopped being fun long ago, stop acting like it's for fun and not full of abusers now. These people just don't want their precious soulstone income nerfed.

8 minutes ago, Shiro said:

You mean pvp wintrade galore?

Dude pls, everyone who wants "PvP", is wintrading against themselves with multi clienting, wintrading for soulstones. This game stopped being fun long ago, stop acting like it's for fun and not full of abusers now. These people just don't want their precious soulstone income nerfed.

What is my fault they don't kick out the ones that were afk for wintrade + not all did wintrade/multiclient let's be real...

Because back then people had fun, and they played PvP for fun.

Now even the good players (doubt there's any left but w/e) will wintrade simply because it's much more efficient. Why waste time in queue, then to have a long fight when you can have instant q and 5 sec rounds against yourself, a lot faster soulstone income.

PvE is full of hacks and bots too, not disagreeing, just saying the game is not even a game anymore, literally just farming simulator and how to farm more efficiently with cheats. And it's all NCwest's fault, because they don't give a crap about hackers and don't investigate properly to ban or anything.

99% of end game players who cheat, would actually prefer a clean game and for fun like it was back then years ago. There's very few with the "lul game full of hacks is fun" mentality.

But it's impossible to play clean anymore with so many hacks going around unpunished. Game is doomed since long ago.

Edited by Shiro
  • Like 3

Yea the only thing we can really do is just not cheat ourselves and hope that sticks to others, but let's be real... that's naive and wishful thinking only.

and on the soulstone / moonstone problem, I know those were really just meant to be pvp specific mats, but they really should be farmable some otherway, even a little. Or just make a pvp event thats actually rewarding.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PervertedLyn said:

So in short there is a good way to earn thoose material but you refuse to do them so sorry no mats for you. Its not supposed to be a game where you can get anything from whereever you like. 

Thanks to people like you PVP is at the state it is currently.

Baloney -- not everyone is willing to be a wooden dummy to be killed in PvP.  PvP is no fun because players aren't made equal.  The equipment is partially balanced, but I have no PvP equipment (most of which is purchasable - Pay-to-Win).    It's not a matter of refuse to do them, but to get the mats, you need to WIN.  If you lose all the time, or are shot down all the time -- no mats for you.  Sorry -- that's not balance and proves there needs to be alternate ways to get rewards when you don't stand a chance in Pvp.  You want it to be a game where PvP experts can get mats, but others can't.  How is that fair or attractive to new players.  It's not a matter of "refuse" but "can't", unless you want to hand out the same mats, regardless of win/lose.  Make PvP about rankings, not who has access to mats and you'll see the state of Pvp improve.  But having half the population be a practice dummy with no or small rewards -- that's what gives you the state of PvP it is currently.  I say "half", because in PvP (esp 1:1), there is a winner and a loser, so 50% have to be losers in order for the other 50% to soak up the mats, with the lowers getting dust.

You want some of us to be your target dummies -- it has to be worth our while.  FWIW, I have no problem being a dummy for someone (especially someone lower level than me) so they can make game goals needed to advance.  I've done that countless of times -- such that someone might think I'm farmable.  But go up against higher level people, do I get the same courtesy?  Nep.  I'm still missing my "Heart Breaker" title.  There's no way you can entice me to play a PvP when it is completely one-sided.  That's no fun for the dead-dummy side.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, CatchSpeLL said:

"The first month with lighter content will be February, and the second is projected for September. "

This actually shocked me too. After pointing out going bi-monthly now due to your own valid reasons, now we won't get anything on Feb 8th? What content we did get for Jan then? Will archer 3rd be pushed to April then, since bi-monthly but skipping February? Quite unsure if this letter actually has any content or is just the draft some intern published by mistake?

"With the Gold economy in a better place, we are currently gathering and analyzing data to strike a balance between Gold and material acquisition, focusing on making the in-game experience smoother."

Better place? Feels more like real-life now since we are forced to pay 4.38 times the amount our income got increased. Yeah, 2k sounds alot at first which is merely 1click to fail upgrading. Thus the numbers have shifted, but that aside where is this better place?

As for material acquisition I will again nitpick on Soulstones[!] It ain't a dire ressource we are unable to gather, yet it is way more difficult since West decided to remove old plains and not to implement the new area. Smart decision to limit a ressource and actually lower the gold balance again. And to conquer this we have darkwead now to buy Soulstone crystals while certain recipes ask for actual Soulstones. Not much thats screeming smooth here.

"We’d also like to highlight the changes to the Dragon Express for Premium members. Hearing from Premium users that the rewards felt outdated and unrewarding was feedback we took to heart. "

Mixed feelings about that. Yeah, premium has more perks now though speaking about outdated rewards you neglected log-in rewards. Atleast the sites been updated and stopped claiming different levels of premium, though thats a thing which might be re-introduced I hope.

With coming soulboost I wonder if prem tab will receive updates too. Like fashion tickets [as seen in KR]would really be enticing,.

16 hours ago, Saito Sacchi said:

his actually shocked me too. After pointing out going bi-monthly now due to your own valid reasons, now we won't get anything on Feb 8th? What content we did get for Jan then? Will archer 3rd be pushed to April then, since bi-monthly but skipping February? Quite unsure if this letter actually has any content or is just the draft some intern published by mistake?

they said "lighter content" which means what we get in February will not be something major or a lot, but there will be an update. Nowhere did they say they are skipping an update.

14 minutes ago, dannythenut said:

only wish that i have, is a new raid. we need new raids! xD

As far as I recall they clearly stated there will not be any raids anymore at all. Unless I am mixing things up.

Generally, the producer letter is no big whoop...same topics come up as they have been since release, just slightly shifted.

the producer letter was typically always just to quiet the masses a bit.

On 1/29/2023 at 7:01 PM, Saito Sacchi said:

to conquer this we have darkwead now to buy Soulstone crystals while certain recipes ask for actual Soulstones. Not much thats screeming smooth here.

Darkweald isn't an option with only 1 hours allowed/day and no reasonable option to obtain time extensions.

Agree with Sterlings and Stigma Crystals, way too low Amount what we get for Upgrading Stuff.

Also they should bring old Pet`s back in F10 for new Player, that ppl collect them in f3 Collector AP System/Achiv 😉  ( with old Pets i mean the Pet's that ppl need to collect AP Achive, in F3 you can find them Greenstorm 🙂

Edited by Zalerius

Best Option would be when you add Sterling Crystals and Stigma Crystals ( tradables also in f8 or above in Demonsbane loot table like Pet Pod and Oil..

And Bound Sterling Crystal + Stigma Crystal fragment in f5 or above in Demonsbane loot table.. 

You give us the same Upgrade Cost like Korea for both Items but you dont know they can buy both Materials in f10 ( without Limit!!!) 

But well nothing will happen about that and all Player will end on Casual Heart and Talisman any Day 🙂

23 hours ago, Zalerius said:

Also they should bring old Pet`s back in F10 for new Player, that ppl collect them in f3 Collector AP System/Achiv 😉 

simple re-introduce merchant of wonder (hence stuff exclusive to them for collections as well) and put some items in there...ez

2 hours ago, dannythenut said:

but back to the letter, does this mean we dont get next week the new dung., not the new unity levels, not the new archer spec, etc. 

according to website we get 2 recycled events, one of which (windrace) is betitled as endgame ... well. as for next soul boost. I mean we should already had it by January so not alot sense to postpone even further.

as for dungeon: no mentions

as for 3rd archer - while we had new spec last time soulmate event happened - seems to only lowkey be introduced, if at all that is

@Green Storm no patch preview stream today? what happened?

8 hours ago, Zalerius said:

But well nothing will happen about that and all Player will end on Casual Heart and Talisman any Day 🙂

either that or soulboost will slowly integrate max stuff. well previous max stuff that is.

On 1/30/2023 at 1:31 AM, Nicolee said:

You want it to be a game where PvP experts can get mats, but others can't.  How is that fair or attractive to new players. 

Lets just imagine. If not everyone would think like you which to me sounds like "i dont wanna play that mode so i dont care about anyone who plays it" guess what more as you would call it "target dummies" would paly which guess what ? would also result in two "target dummies" getting matches against each other.

Ive seen several people really enjoying PVP and they wanted to get better but there are simply not enough people to give them the opportunity so ultimatevly they had to quit the game again.  

I dont care how good you are or how bad i want NCsoft to make it possible that more people want to play pvp so that more people have the opportunity to get better in pvp and we get actual good matches. Sadly i can only see two ways for it to happen. 1. make the rewards good in pvp which is hard to do if pve can get everything easily too. Guess what was the reason PVP Players played alot of pve back then too ? cause like 99% of mats was not obtainable via pvp. Thoose people didnt care about PVE either or atleast it was not a part of the game they enjoyed. And 2. which is the idea i prefer. NC would have to offer rewards for community tournaments. This would also remove their need to ban wintraders which is the reason they removed HM coins and killed PVP. This way the Community itselfe could remove any kind of cheating players instead relying on NCwest that ignores any kind of report. 

On 1/30/2023 at 1:31 AM, Nicolee said:

There's no way you can entice me to play a PvP when it is completely one-sided.  That's no fun for the dead-dummy side.

I totally understand your point dont get me wrong here but like ive mentioned NCwest has always locked most PVP relevant stuff via PVE so i cant have any sympathy towads PVE people when there is just one single item they cant obtain. 

BTW: @Green Storm can you please update us ? Several months ago you told us that you were talking about pvp with the higher ups for several months. Anything changed ? 

On 1/30/2023 at 8:13 PM, Grimoir said:

they said "lighter content" which means what we get in February will not be something major or a lot, but there will be an update. Nowhere did they say they are skipping an update.

never have I mentioned lesser "updates" - if I did pardon me. "lighter" content if we speak about shouldn't be like recycling events and not adjusting anything in there. PLUS even if the need is to recycle: we have plenty other old events we'd like to see again *glances at raid outfit*

Still by that logic its month 3 now - so we shouldve gotten a major update.

On 2/1/2023 at 8:58 PM, Zalerius said:

Agree with Sterlings and Stigma Crystals, way too low Amount what we get for Upgrading Stuff.

Also they should bring old Pet`s back in F10 for new Player, that ppl collect them in f3 Collector AP System/Achiv 😉  ( with old Pets i mean the Pet's that ppl need to collect AP Achive, in F3 you can find them Greenstorm 🙂 )

AP arch(F3) is rendered almost useless hence removing way to much content. Sterlings used to be a problem, not so much anymore it seems. Stigma on the other hand are rare, which sucks after all.

On 2/2/2023 at 8:36 PM, Saito Sacchi said:

simple re-introduce merchant of wonder (hence stuff exclusive to them for collections as well) and put some items in there...ez

according to website we get 2 recycled events, one of which (windrace) is betitled as endgame ... well. as for next soul boost. I mean we should already had it by January so not alot sense to postpone even further.

as for dungeon: no mentions

as for 3rd archer - while we had new spec last time soulmate event happened - seems to only lowkey be introduced, if at all that is

@Green Storm no patch preview stream today? what happened?

either that or soulboost will slowly integrate max stuff. well previous max stuff that is.

and second (hongsils toy soldiers) doesnt give any sufficient exp. run takes ~40sec with SB gear and the only "gain" would be if you stack keys and use soup. but then again for every 1min run you have 2min loading screens....talk about recycling.

windrace - whatevs. ppl will still usain bolt across the map and so idk.

as for streams. yeah I wondered the same.