Why isn't disconnecting from game while switching characters listed as a known issue?

Unicorns

I don't know a single person that doesn't disconnect at least once or twice a day while trying to switch characters. For some people it actually happens more often than not. Problem has been reported by ppl since the launch of UE4 yet is not even listed on this thread 

Does that mean that they are not even considering looking into it? 
It's completely ridiculous that the game completely shuts down after a disconnect. Game should kick you to the pin screen, or character select screen, not all the way to the desktop. Game doesn't even boot that quickly even with UE4. 
This needs a fix. I expected things to be broken after UE4 launch, but it's been almost 4 months and we didn't even get a "we are looking into it". 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Unicorns said:

I don't know a single person that doesn't disconnect at least once or twice a day while trying to switch characters. For some people it actually happens more often than not. Problem has been reported by ppl since the launch of UE4 yet is not even listed on this thread 

It's completely ridiculous that the game completely shuts down after a disconnect. Game should kick you to the pin screen, or character select screen, not all the way to the desktop. Game doesn't even boot that quickly even with UE4. 
This needs a fix. I expected things to be broken after UE4 launch, but it's been almost 4 months and we didn't even get a "we are looking into it". 

I also get disconnection while switching to a different character, but only if I switch while in Koldrak's Lair, if I leave instance first and then switch, then it's no problem, but if I try to switch inside instance, then it's a gamble of DC or Not.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SayhaSeer said:

I also get disconnection while switching to a different character, but only if I switch while in Koldrak's Lair, if I leave instance first and then switch, then it's no problem, but if I try to switch inside instance, then it's a gamble of DC or Not.

disco also works outside:

HV8Azps.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Unicorns said:

----

When that was the worst of my problems, the game was playable.

Now random 4044's every 3-5 minutes the the game is unplayable.

It happens all the time for me and for people I know, not just during dragon, dragon just seems to make it worse, either because you are switching characters more often so the chance of it happening is just higher, or dragon just makes the issue worse which wouldn't surprise me. 

Game guard has made the issue worse, getting as many disconnects as before GG, but now I'm getting a lot of problems when launching the game and trying to connect to server since GG got implemented. Sometimes game won't even launch for no apparent reason, sometimes it launches but it gets stuck before character selection screen with no error, sometimes I get a failure to logging to the server error. If I forget to close x-mouse before jumping on bns, which I still use for other games, there's a big chance that GG won't let me connect to server for a while, which makes the issue of disconnecting between characters that much more aggravating. Meanwhile people are just bypassing GG, not getting punished for it, and get to have a game at least slightly more functional than ppl not bypassing it. 

• Like 2