MACRO use - with a bit of personal story

Otaner

@Hime don't want to be disrespectful or anything like that.

I understand that it has been a long and hard battle NCSoft has been fighting against game cheating. But to completely block macros doesn't seem (to me personally) the right way to go.

I've been playing BnS for some years now, when top end dungeons were things like Naryu Labyrinth, Naryu Foundry, Ebondrake Citadel, etc... dungeons that many of the current community no longer knows. I've loved the game from day 1, for the amazing looks, for the gameplay, and most of all for the general ambience the game allways had. 

For me the game has not been simple or straightforward to learn, with a lot of things being constantly implemented in order to keep highbies challenged and motivated. Which made me allways running trying to catch the train... but I've never catched the train, just continously running behind it. (not complaining)

The learning curve, although not difficult, it was demanding for me, when we start we just have to tap one or two buttons at a time, but when we end the "Tutorial" and finally reach the end of Story Mode and start our Hongmoon Levels, in order to master dps, we have to sequence a combination of key strokes and mouse buttons in a precise order to max dps, we end up finddling the keyboard like Rachmaninov playing Rach9. This has been the most difficult part for me to adapt and as a result I've always under dps, as my fingers get tired really fast. And you should see my wife trying to take a nap while I'm giving my "concert"!

One of my happiest moments in BnS was when Simple mode was implemented, this allowed me to play, and have fun, without messing my hands completely. I'm pushing 40 and I work all day with a mouse and keyboard, my hands ache continously. I knew I continued to under dps, because Simple Mode only covers a few options and we are still forced to finger crossing the keyboard around in order to get the most dps possible. And I think Simple Mode was better for other specs (Shadow) than for (Reaper) at least for Warlock, Simple Mode doesn't do anything close to a decent DPS for (Reaper).

I was forced to buy a new machine due to the hardware problems BnS always was (even now with UE4) only high end machine are able to properly run BnS.

I bought an high end(ish) computer, and thinking about my personal confort I bought a gaming keyboard and a gaming mouse. 

I had to do it as my hands were aching more and more. 

I've installed xMouse and have been able to have some pain free fun playing BnS once again. I've improved DPS, but most important for me it was the confort.

Until the day the game blocks xMouse.

I understand you have to block third party apps in order to prevent cheating. But you need to do that within reasonable. 

I'm not saying I want you to unblock xMouse, I'm saying you should create the proper conditions in order to block macros.

This is a game, as all games, BnS demands grinding, for BnS it's mostly Dailies and Weeklies grinding, there are people playing throughout a complete day, you need to give the community the capability of grinding. All Top games allows Macro use, while you block it. 

Ok, I understand, cheats and stuff, and you give us Simple Mode, but your Simple Mode is NOT ENOUGH. Give us a fully costumizable Simple Mode, where we can chose any skills and any order for the skills. You can cancel Simple Mode for PVP gaming, allowing only for PVE. Whatever DPS gain or advantage it could give is not relevant game wise, as it will always benefit the team and not the player individualy. The player big advantage is the confort it offers for casual play (as myeself) or for enduring grinding. 

Please tell me you are considering including some changes to this shortly...

Well... stay safe and have fun

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Otaner said:

iI understand that it has been a long and hard battle NCSoft has been fighting against game cheating.

When did this happen ? the last 3 or 4 years they even encouraged game cheating with extra loot and extra xp etc.

Another encouragement is adding gameguard instead of a working anti cheat. How else are we supposed to understand this message ? they give us an anti cheat that has a known bypass since 5 years.

only high end machine are able to properly run BnS.

Nah high end is atleast RTX 2070 or GTX 1080ti. A GTX 680 should be plenty for this game which is somewhere between a GTX 1050ti and a GTX 1060 booth being mid tier or some might say low tier already.

• Like 2

@PervertedLyn

The point here is how Macro is important for gamers, even for non-cheating gamers. I've spent a lot of money in a mouse and my intention is not to use LMB and RMB only. 

I do agree with you that BnS, inadvertedly (or not), have themselves created the loop holes for people to explore. 

I think maybe they are focusing too much on players who use Macros to help DPS Rotations and maybe continue to ignore the exploits.

Regarding the machines: My previous BnS laptop has a GTX1060 and gave me about 20 fps in runs. My current machine has an 2070 and it runs dungeons at 60 fps. And even with the current specs and with the brand new (in BnS) UE4 Koldrake is hell. 

Thanks for your input.

Have fun.

2 hours ago, Otaner said:

@PervertedLyn

The point here is how Macro is important for gamers, even for non-cheating gamers. I've spent a lot of money in a mouse and my intention is not to use LMB and RMB only. 

I do agree with you that BnS, inadvertedly (or not), have themselves created the loop holes for people to explore. 

I think maybe they are focusing too much on players who use Macros to help DPS Rotations and maybe continue to ignore the exploits.

Regarding the machines: My previous BnS laptop has a GTX1060 and gave me about 20 fps in runs. My current machine has an 2070 and it runs dungeons at 60 fps. And even with the current specs and with the brand new (in BnS) UE4 Koldrake is hell. 

Thanks for your input.

Have fun.

What mouse do you have? It should have it's own software that allows you to macro and assign whatever command you want to which ever key you want on your mouse, just like x-mouse, and those work perfectly fine with BNS and game guard. I've been using synapse for my razer mouse to key bind some of my skills to my mouse with no problem, so I'm sure macros will work just as fine.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Otaner said:

@PervertedLyn

Thanks for your input.

Have fun.

Just use the software that came with your mouse. From what I've seen, only x-mouse and AHK are both blocked by gameguard. I know for sure that you can still macro just fine using Razer's Synapse, logitech's g-hub, and corsair's iCUE software.

I totally understand this...I can't believe x-mouse is blocked. Now I have to buy a new mouse that has it's own macro system. I can't push a lot of buttons repeatedly because I end up with cramping and tingling in my finger joints (not complaining, it is what it is, some of us are older players). I also have a friend who is a lot older who has the same issue, so macros are a must for some players, especially for those that are also disabled and may not have the dexterity as other players. I wish NC would think about that before blocking us "oldies" from using our macros @Hime❤️

• Like 1

I don't see a problem with using macro. Some classes or specs are literally impossible to play with manual, because it will result in carpal tunnel syndrome... and that is something you don't want to have. Also in current simple mode, the rotation is just terrible and has a lot of unneeded delays for many classes. 

What would help is a customisable simple mode if not using macro, as it would defeat the purpose in using illegal XML.

Also it's a solution provided by the developers, so totally legit. 

Edited by Amane
  • Like 1

On 12/13/2021 at 5:19 PM, Unicorns said:

What mouse do you have? It should have it's own software that allows you to macro and assign whatever command you want to which ever key you want on your mouse, just like x-mouse, and those work perfectly fine with BNS and game guard. I've been using synapse for my razer mouse to key bind some of my skills to my mouse with no problem, so I'm sure macros will work just as fine.  

After your comment, I went to check. I have a Razer, therefore Synapse. But somehow I can't get it as smooth as it was with x-Mouse. I used to have different Macros for different actions like (shift+E) and then the rotation, but the first delays the second. Don't really know how to adjust the setting, my dps droped from 20k to 10 or even lower. But oh well, I can still play it.

Tbh, I think they gave up on banning macros when simple mode was introduced. There is literally no point, they put in a macro directly in the game for QoL changes and there no difference from making ur own macro with like a inbuilt macro mouse like Razer or steelseries. Its part of the program and way too hard to even detect at this point. 

Banning ppl for the one thing they directly themselves implemented into the game seems way too silly and a waste of resources. and sometimes macros kinda of help especially when this game still has FPS problems in some cases, *cough Koldrak. 

Also it helps players focus more on learning or doing mechs, especially in harder raids where you dont have many fingers to press all the buttons u need at once. if u got a button doing ur basic dps rotation, u can put more effort in doing mechs correctly which is a core part of most raids especially endgame ones. 

I would rather take someone who knows how to do mechs than someone who is more dps but floormatting because of failing mechs. as DPS can always be made by other ppl. And macro will help ppl focus more on mechs which was the key point of simple mode besides wrist sprain or strain

Edited by Askaria