Where can we obtain Orb of Ascension shard now?

Bellial

Dailies and weekly dont give Orb of Ascension shard anymore it was replaced by an event key we dont even have the boxes to use our keys, except u get the boxes from that box event(24hr cd)

Edited by LYamato
  • Like 1

Yeah, event made it chance drop, but theres lack of orbs which was before this mod and forced ppl to find party (CS + HM). This fragile ballance now is destroyed. We ended in situation when You can't make dungeon becouse you don't have orb, but you have daily quest in that dungeon which is hilarious. The best option would be made it 100% chance drop from event boxes. You will get dungeons runs, ppl doing full dailies, and forced to do event becouse they need orbs.

Edited by Syanis

10 hours ago, Syanis said:

but theres lack of orbs which was before this mod and forced ppl to find party (CS + HM). This fragile ballance now is destroyed

5 Pages on f5 with bundles of 45 pieces, daily dash has a chance to give them....there is still plenty there

10 hours ago, Syanis said:

We ended in situation when You can't make dungeon becouse you don't have orb, but you have daily quest in that dungeon which is hilarious.

There are 14 other daily quests you can do instead of HM....

1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

5 Pages on f5 with bundles of 45 pieces, daily dash has a chance to give them....there is still plenty there

There are 14 other daily quests you can do instead of HM....

Yes but you lose out on an extra 12 gold that new players won’t be able to access. Additionally, new players can’t access the higher level dungeons anyway so they lose out even more on necessary mats and gold that they need unless they know a sympathetic whale to carry them or someone taught them how to use the mp (unless they swiping ofc)

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Li Mingxia said:

Yes but you lose out on an extra 12 gold that new players won’t be able to access. Additionally, new players can’t access the higher level dungeons anyway so they lose out even more on necessary mats and gold that they need unless they know a sympathetic whale to carry them or someone taught them how to use the mp (unless they swiping ofc)

The only dungeons where i could see them having an issue would be DST, H0, SP. All others are easily doable as there are no wipe mechanics and just brainded DPS without any real boss shields with damage reductions. 2 dailies alone are Moon Refuge and Mushin Tower. At most they would need to do 1 of the "higher" dungeons to get the dailies done. Not to mention it isnt every day since CS / HM rotate every other day and 12g are very negligible and easily compensated with solo dungeons if someone really wants that 12g.

4 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Yes, but You think in short term:

1) They will finish someday

2) When They will finish, while marked isn't flooded by items, prices will rise

3) They were free, now they isn't. It can cause rise of prices to limit where dungeon don't give profits (gold, drop)

Yes, I'm doing HM and CS solo for drop and gold. Extra expense to buy orb just make it less attractive, but as Li Mingxia said:

3 hours ago, Li Mingxia said:

Edited by Syanis
Adding new value

4 hours ago, Grimoir said:

The only dungeons where i could see them having an issue would be DST, H0, SP. All others are easily doable as there are no wipe mechanics and just brainded DPS without any real boss shields with damage reductions. 2 dailies alone are Moon Refuge and Mushin Tower. At most they would need to do 1 of the "higher" dungeons to get the dailies done. Not to mention it isnt every day since CS / HM rotate every other day and 12g are very negligible and easily compensated with solo dungeons if someone really wants that 12g.

Uh, You forget Sandstorm Temple where last boss has outer ring death zone during certain mechs (I died a lot to that until someone explained what’s going on) Shadowmoor 180 death zone, RT jump boss where if u overlap the puddles you are dead, Hollows Heart flower mechs (yes I’ve run into many pugs who can’t burst this boss) and a few others. All of them the average pug cannot burst unless a whale is carrying them. You give new players too much credit.

and why do one or the other? Its more lucrative to do both hm and cs. If u just do one u are gimping yourself. And 12g is not negligible to a new player. 12 g is a lot when you are new. That extra gold is pretty important. And solo dungeon? You don’t even make gold from solo dungeons until outlaw island and most new players won’t even be able to beat Yunsang right after story so no idea why you bring that up. I feel you are giving new players way too much credit for one their skill level and two what they can actually reasonably do if they don’t know a whale to carry them.

ps: I’m also starting to feel you are an NCSoft white knight here. Every post I see you make is in favor of NCSoft so I feel you aren’t actually understanding the complaints people are making or why they are complaining in the first place. Every time I see a legitimate concern posted here, bam I see another white knight post from you stating all this stuff players can do not considering the fact that they are new and actually really can’t do much until they have the skill, gear, know a whale, know mp antics, etc. There’s a lot a new player has to get thru after story to be able to start consistently getting mats and gold. It isn’t instant. I know because I used to be one of those lost new players lol.

tldr; let’s agree to disagree shall we?

@Li Mingxia The fact someone had to explain to you in ST your not supposed to be 20m from the boss explains alot...

Also both the ST and RT example are not death zones... ST is damage over time while in the area, RT is a high damage aoe that you can iframe. (Although no, I don't expect new players to know anything about how iframes or mechanics work since 90% of the player base doesn't have a clue either, it's a much easier to just leech and when that doesn't work cry "pay wall" on everything.)

Edited by Bobthemonk

vor 1 Minute schrieb Bobthemonk:

@Li Mingxia The fact someone had to explain to you in ST your not supposed to be 20m from the boss explains alot...

To be honest i agree with him even tho is arguements are bad sometimes. Alot new players to my experience die in Easy mode dungeons it dosent even matter which dungeon they simply die cause they have no idea what attack x or attack y does so they dont evade or they dont know everything about their class.

People that already play this game for a long time cant understand it but there has to be a reason why they die in Easy mode. For us its like you need to be mentally challenged to die in easy mode cause its so easy but they have no exp, they dont know how to play etc. they still die.

In short new players may die in low dungeons but there is no way theese are impossible for them cause every pleb group you get in F8 will be able to do most dungeons cause there are only 2 dungeons you cant solo nowdays as high player the difficulty is extremly low for a whole group.

@ImoutoMaster Not just new players, the reason they keep nerfing things and made "easy mode" is because over half the player base will die in the majority of dungeons if they don't go out of there way to try make it as idiot proof as possible... Anything other than that they flame and cry pay-wall and say it's whale only content or only clearable if there is a whale to carry...

Honestly, new players are more competent in this game than the majority of the player base you find in F8, simply because they try instead of just going there to leech. They want to play the game while most of the player base wants to login for 5 minutes a day and get max-gear, otherwise it's a pay wall. I really don't understand why people choose to play grind-based games and then expect to max out in 2 days meaning they would have no reason to login anymore since nothing else to progress...

12 hours ago, Grimoir said:

OP is asking where is the source for them, not where's the stockpile which will run out at one point or another.