[Suggestion] Add option to buy purple Ascension/Radiance boxes

Xzard

We should have an option to buy purple boxes with white feathers. I don't understand why this system was implemented as RNG anyways, almost nothing in the game is, all the gear can be grinded with enough time, but making people grind feathers for days just to lose them all is frustrating. 

At least we should have easier access to purple stones for now, and hopefully legendary stones later.

Please don't make this system so unfriendly to F2P players, since now only mega whales can have all legendary set while the rest of the people have not even a full purple set.

Being block by an RNG wall is the most frustrating thing, is Ok if is it takes effort, but effort + luck is not something well received on this server.

Edited by Xzard
  • Like 1

I had the same thoughts....a <20% shot at turning 8 low gems into 1 purple, and just as low or lower for purple -> orange....again, I am starting to accumulate gems in storage now, cuz it's not worth using them -- they just disappear.  And, BTW, someone though you had a chance to get purples when you bought blue's.  Nep.  Never once.  In a trove -- where they say blue, yes -- there is a chance, but when you buy blue, you get blue.

On 20/5/2019 at 11:14 PM, Astarae said:

I had the same thoughts....a <20% shot at turning 8 low gems into 1 purple, and just as low or lower for purple -> orange....again, I am starting to accumulate gems in storage now, cuz it's not worth using them -- they just disappear.  And, BTW, someone though you had a chance to get purples when you bought blue's.  Nep.  Never once.  In a trove -- where they say blue, yes -- there is a chance, but when you buy blue, you get blue.

You can get purple from the 10-feather-cost ascension stone boxes you buy at cold storage merchant. I did.

I have yet to receive any heroic purple stones purchased from ANY source other than a RNG one, and I have purchased 4 radiant's from that merchant almost every day until recently when I have only purchased 0-2 due to their low value.  I purchased a an ascendant from that merchant maybe once or twice when I didn't have any, but after I got all purples in the ascendants from RNG sources, I stopped.  From what I've read elsewhere, the chances on RNG items are higher when they are first released, dropping to minuscule values  as time goes on.  They try to get the world out or advertising by early wins, but then drop chances for good stuff to near zero.  This has been my experience from what I've noticed, and has been very noticeable in the $70/box (50 chance) boxes.  

Also I have purchased 1-2 of the ascensions from the merchant of mundania but the rest have been radiants as I learned what a waste it was there.  *I heard that early on they put 1 purple in the ascension boxes to get the word out, but no more since then*. (*- I'd take that statement with a grain of sarcasm if I were you, but I wouldn't completely discount the RNG-chance of its truthiness).

What's real sad/pathetic is how the *merchant of wonders* has been hitting skid-row lately with only 'wonders' being offered were small amounts of mundane items (soul/moon/sacred/elys).  Next he'll be offering healing tonics and dumplings.

On 5/21/2019 at 12:29 AM, Grimoir said:

they will  be added at some point very likely, but right now its still a bit too soon in my opinion, considering the boxes have chances to give legendary versions.

Nothing soon about it when they've already put the purple boxes in the last trove. Unless they delay it so they let the whales enjoy their bought perks for a little while longer, I don't see a reason to keep it away from us. Also there's legit no way to get gold ores ingame at the moment.

Oh one more thing. A friend that's playing in the TW and KR servers, pointed out that the success chances when fusing stones here, is nothing like the chances in NA & EU* (where he checked the system). Apparently getting good stuff there is much more frequent. So bravo NC soft, you managed to mess with us once more. Truly bravo.

Edited by MassiveEgo
typo

7 hours ago, MassiveEgo said:

Apparently getting good stuff there is much more frequent. So bravo NC soft, you managed to mess with us once more. Truly bravo.

Well, you can't tick off your main consumer market, right? Look at what's happened with Bethesda; they decided to disrespect their main consumer market and player base, and now they're distrusted internationally.

Edited by Snowyamur

@Snowyamur See, the thing with that is, if they don't knock it off, people like me who adamantly refuse to get baited into their p2w scheme, will just have to leave. Can they afford to lose more players, that's the question. There's nothing left to merge anymore. In other words we have hit rock bottom when it comes to the playerbase size.

Also NC is disrespecting the playerbase all the time by having those anti consumer practices in place. Their monetization model impacts the ENTIRE player base, but only a small fraction of it positively, the rest reaping the negatives. This is quite literally the only thing that annoys me when it comes to them. They see it keeps driving their game into oblivion, but still go at it. Zero respect for us and zero respect for the game. You can tell from a million miles that none of their big wigs were ever PC gamers, nor know what makes the players happy, NOR what gaming is all about. Even if I understand their motives, they are employing their methods on the wrong turf. That's all.

And these ascention stones are no exception. Wall it off so 90% of the players can't get it. But newsflash, at certain levels you start getting more than just some lame AP and HP bonuses. 480 set points are a milestone that gives you mystic points. It's like having a hepta obsidian just pop into existence in your stats. 5-6% more damage on all your skills just like that. So there's no way to convince me that selling the purple stones and ores in a trove, isn't the most anti gaming thing ever.

And make no mistake, BnS is game first in my eyes. It might be a product in theirs, but as long as it's a game in mine, it not functioning like a proper game will keep me from giving them my money. And it's not like it can't be done. Private servers are in much higher regard than official ones for multitude of p2w f2p mmos, simply due to the fact that they do not employ such scummy practices to such an extent.