Beware of CS scams

Elijah23

Yes... it's one of their most ridiculous rules that you can't come warn others about scammers, especially since they don't do anything against all the scammers, creeps and AFK jerks in the game.

I guess you could start some reddit thread. They can't Big Brother that.

Edited by Nylena
  • Like 1

If it's a reportable offense, you report it to the mods. If it's just someone being a d-bag, that falls into the name and shame category on most official game forums and the moderators won't allow it. As unfair as it sounds, this is made to prevent flame wars and in many cases, unfair accusations (those do happen as well). In this case, the "offender" is not really considered a scammer because there's no real money involved. This could be more akin to a cheater or badly behaved player. If it's use and practice from the same individual, try reporting it for bad/unfriendly behavior and let the mods decide.

I believe this specific thing wouldn't be such a problem if there were more orbs around. I do very few runs, but for the VAST majority of them, people either have no orbs, or claim they have no orbs, usually forcing me to use the also scant few I have. One or the other, if you have to fake not having an orb, or don't have an orb at all, something may be wrong in the supply part. I mean, outside of daily dash and events, orbs come from completing your daily challenges. You get a single piece for them every day, and you need 6 pieces to make an orb. BUT, you get the dungeons that use up those orbs as part of the daily challenge itself, every single day. 

Now when you check the dailies, usually newbies and low geared alts only have the 1 star challenges available to them (unless you are a pro and can do 2 and 3 star challenges with an ungeared alt). And these orb using dungeons are part of the 1 star group, so people will be prompted, nearly forced to do them to get the 3 challenges done. Today though, you get 4 very easy challenges to do. One of them is HM, but if you don't have an orb for it, you can skip it and do the other three. You will be missing the rather generous 12 gold you get from it, but other than that, you can reach the 3 challenges today without the need for an orb. On the other hand, CS doesn't need an orb to complete, but the bonus mats the orb requiring boss gives are usually very welcome. When I provide the orb, even though I don't enforce moml, people just thank me and enforce it themselves. So far I haven't had problems with people, only with the orb supply.

So I'd say, the easiest way to fix this would be to add a few more orbs into the general population. Either through giving more fragments from other dungeons/activities or giving more than one fragment at the 3/3 completion reward. Fixing f5 could also be of great help. There are tons of orb fragments there for cheap (Exchange>Coin tab), but they have to be manually searched for.

I wouldn't recommend eliminating the need for orbs because some people run some of their economy through selling fragments. Anyway, sorry for sort of hijacking the thread with my plea for more orbs, but I hope the initial statement answered a question or two, and the rest tries to address the source of the problem.

9 hours ago, Elijah23 said:

Some player (can't give name apparently, so he can still do it) makes moml gr takes first boss loot and leaves. Just be careful. Is there any place I can make his name known? 

How is this a scam? Sure he might of did that in order to get you guys to join him so I guess that could be the scam part. However, it was the community or to be honest certain players that feel like if you use the orb you should get the 1st boss loot as well which..Breaking News...Doesn't require a orb. As such, you guys could still do the 2nd boss if one of you guys had a orb or you could of always exited and recruited for only the 2nd boss as the dungeon isn't fully locked til you do the 2nd. Just saying.

30 minutes ago, Deadly Intent said:

Solution - keep the quest the same but make doing Kaari first a requirement to open the second door.  That seems the simplest way to address the issue.  It would also give everyone as much time as they want at the unity merchant (no need to rush anymore).

On a side note, why keep the merchant inside the dungeon anyway? He could have been placed, dunno, like, somewhere OUTSIDE? I mean, everyone skips cutscenes in the dungeons that have them. "Go to youtbe" they say.. Even I skip them even though I haven't seen them because I know people rush. So adding a merchant inside a dungeon that people want to rush if they have the orb to do it is also kind of asking for bad things to happen. BUT, I suppose that's for another thread.

13 hours ago, Kitsune Takahashi said:

How is this a scam? Sure he might of did that in order to get you guys to join him so I guess that could be the scam part. However, it was the community or to be honest certain players that feel like if you use the orb you should get the 1st boss loot as well which..Breaking News...Doesn't require a orb. As such, you guys could still do the 2nd boss if one of you guys had a orb or you could of always exited and recruited for only the 2nd boss as the dungeon isn't fully locked til you do the 2nd. Just saying.

The scam is he agreed to use his orb in exchange for the others foregoing the 1st and 2nd boss loot and letting him have it -- this agreement was in the form of him recruiting "moml both bosses" and others joining that lobby/party. Him leaving after freely looting the first boss breaks the trust of everyone who passed for him. If you don't think that is a scam, there is something wrong with your thinking.

And how would someone ELSE putting an orb for Kaari recover the right to roll on the 1st boss loot?

I mean seriously... I know you keep posting 'it's a game, you shouldn't take it seriously, blah blah blah', but sometimes people are sick of bending over.

Edited by Nylena
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Nylena said:

The scam is he agreed to use his orb in exchange for the others foregoing the 1st and 2nd boss loot and letting him have it -- this agreement was in the form of him recruiting "moml both bosses" and others joining that lobby/party. Him leaving after freely looting the first boss breaks the trust of everyone who passed for him. If you don't think that is a scam, there is something wrong with your thinking.

And how would someone ELSE putting an orb for Kaari recover the right to roll on the 1st boss loot?

I mean seriously... I know you keep posting 'it's a game, you shouldn't take it seriously, blah blah blah', but sometimes people are sick of bending over.

Real question is why do people think that just because you use a orb for the 2nd boss, that you should get the loot for the first boss as well which doesn't require a orb. I mean lately, I've only been doing the first boss and basically telling people before hand, if you want the 2nd boss then they can orb it but first boss loot is fair game for anyone regardless of what drops.

On 20.04.2019 at 8:11 AM, AkibaTheOne said:

Prob you are talking of me lmao, my isp was ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing me Thursday, i made a moml party and then got dcd

I'm not, if you get dc you still in party, but the guy actually left, he was still in game because I could whisper him.

The whole concept of "MOML" on first boss in CS is greedy BS in the first place, since an orb isn't required to run the first boss. Bonus boss sure, take the loot. But MOML on Winter Mane is a DB move from the beginning, and you guys/gals that do it, know it. I don't join those groups, because I don't support the notion that that is okay, so I'm safe from that sort of 'scamming'.