Sign in to follow this  
The Shadower

Improving my specs to make game smooth on Ultra

pakjs   
1 minute ago, Grimoir said:

I have the same CPU as you, ram , ssd, just a worse video card, and i never drop under 60-70 fps in populated areas ....not even raids LOL.

So it might be RTX related. How's your GPU usage? Does it go up to 100%?

Max settings 1440p or 1080p?

Grimoir   
Just now, pakjs said:

1080p, CPU usage rarely does to 50% usually under that around 35-40%.  But yeah might be the RTX.  I am using the game boost and XMP features of my motherboard tho, so maybe that makes the difference.

Fiana   
20 minutes ago, pakjs said:

you should try bns buddy too, it's can stabilize your fps

pakjs   
14 minutes ago, Fiana said:

you should try bns buddy too, it's can stabilize your fps

Have heard about it on multiple occasions. I don't feel particulary comfortable by having to enter login credentials in a 3rd party software to run BnS.

But it seems to have source code available, will review it to see if i can find anything fishy and make my decision based on that.

At this point, im just waiting for the Devs to push out the Unreal Engine 4 update....That is only if they Devs utilize UE4 well...if not, the game would be just as bad as now..... (havent touch this game over a year now~)

SkyStorm   

Trying to max performance and quality at the same time is pointless. There's always a trade-off, and maxing one is going to make the other suffer, up to the limit of the physical technology.  Throw a lot of expensive hardware at it and you might get great fps on ultra settings, otherwise it's a waste of time.

You can try and get the best pc there is and this piece of ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ game won't even care if you have a cpu with 128 cores, it will never run as smooth as other games, it's simply poorly made, just wait till UE4 hits and if we are lucky, that ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ won't be a waste of time and money. 

pakjs   

@OP

You can try bnsbudy, it seems to have a fix loading screen issues option, it might help you without any purchases.

@Racingwind

Tried bnsbuddy, now i get 70-90 in heavily populated areas, haven't tried raids atm. But the GPU usage jumps from 45% to 70%, so it also rises the bar of resource limit used by BnS. With the options provided by @Fiana (much appreciated), 1070ti/1080 should be enough to max BnS at 1440p an have a smooth fps (still have to check raids).

Updated:

Haha, no, there were just too few ppl online. 30-40 fps in Mushins Tower when there are a lot of ppl. and gpu usage stays at 45% there. Might be really RTX related.

Same in MSP.

Edited by pakjs

Belido   

Well if your GPU usage seems too low, it might be a mess with your Windows 10 settings!

Within Windows Display settings you can use "Scale and layout" to change the size of text, apps and other Items (ie. BNS). It should be at 100% and nothing else! I had it at 150% for a while when changing screen resolution, as I changed system as well it took me a while to find out, I had random performance issues and stutters while the GPU only had less then 50% load (and that with a Radeon R9 290)...as soon I changed that back to 100% all stutters been gone and GPU was able get load up to 100% again.