HQ bug bomb

csisy

Hi,

So we've just tried to kill HQ but people randomly died. We figured out that it's the same problem than it was before - the so called bug bomb.

The bomb was invisible and unpredictable.

Could you please fix it again?

Oh, and the spiders are so bad like this... but that's not a bug just a bad feature... :D

Each time the mechanic is done to KD the spider, the ranges that are in the center kill them in 10 seconds. Nothing is going on in the head at all, only the 3 middle ranks explode. Check that BUG so you can not do HQ.

Having spent over an hour in HQ tonight, My raid tested a lot of theories regarding what was going on with bug bomb because some of us were doing vt back when the mech existed. We tested having players in mid, out of mid, whichever players hp bar had agro besides the tank and having them get out. Unsure if this is EXACTLY whats happening, but in the end we concluded that the bug bomb; which is supposed to go to one of the 3 players in the middle section of the map, and with an fm can be semi- cheated into giving the fm the bomb 100% of the time, would NOT be on the player but just centered directly on the middle itself. Which for HQ your main dps comes from having ranged players in that section.

After 40% its extremely hard to have players in the middle unless you can stun the boss the entire time because all the players must step out of the middle, which gives an ap reduction buff if you step back in within 30 seconds; Or die. Simply because the bomb doesn't seem to be centered on anyone and can not be guided away from the party so that no one gets caught up in it. Most vts won't see this problem because they simply out-whale the raid and can stun Hive queen all the way from 100 to 0. However alt vts or progression vts will run into this due to the fact they HAVE to KD or they will hit the wipe mechanic. 

10 hours ago, Babbletr0n said:

Could you please provide some additional information? A screenshot or video would be very helpful

Unfortunately I was not able to record a video since I'm having FPS issues at HQ anyway.

But as the others said it happens after a KD. When the bomb was in the game before, the process was something like this:

- KD

- HQ wakup anim

- drive

- hourglass

- infest

And this was the point when one of the people in the middle got a timed bomb - side note: if there was a force master at mid, it got the bomb like 100% of the time. I've found a random video about this process (from a FM "bomber" pov): 

We've also tried to apply the same strategy but it seems that none of us were "marked", none of us got a bomb (oh, and forgot to mention that I'm playing with a FM), but people randomly died despite the fact where they were standing.

Thank you for your quick reply tho, appreciate it.

It's just as Arktic explained.  

When you KD Queen, to move her further from the approaching laser and she goes thru her attack rotation after getting up and moving, the Bug Bomb she throws at one of the center people does aggro one of them, but doesn't infest/follow them.  The 'bomb' stays in the center and will kill anyone standing in the center up to the outer most ring of the center, not the person that got infected and got away from everyone.

Even though everyone in my group doesn't need anything from VT anymore, we spent the time to figure out what the heck was going on.  Any progression or alt raid isn't going to clear her or is going to struggle a lot, because you have to have people rotate in and out of center (and not be dead) and lose dps on her while building ap buff back up only to rinse and repeat if laser is getting too close and a KD is needed.

bug bomb is cast on the center ZONE, not on a person.

So when you start KD'ing HQ, the middle becomes useless, no1 can go middle cause bug bomb will randomly explode or cause of the debuff you keep getting you cant go in and out all the time

and we also wanne request to revert the changes to mites, making them move makes the fight harder, please make them stationary again, It makes no sense to suddenly change a mechanic completly when the raid is out for so long already

Our group has a hard time clearing because we can't see any pattern with the bug bomb. We have a full Arnsu 3+ party with blue buff and black wing and we still couldn't clear. Request to revert this mech asap or no one will be able to progress in VT from now on 

We spend 2 hours at the hive queen yesterday until we cleared it. Our strategy was pretty simple. Stun only until the 40% phase begins and use kds as late as possible during the 40% phase to maximize our dps. Then alternate between kd and stun. People need to leave the mid after she infected the players and can safely reenter after the stun. Make sure to have 3 people in the middle again if you kd. Otherwise she will enrage. This way we were able to clear the HQ. Although it is still a huge dps and time loss because you can't kd the whole time. So basically every raid group without good vt gear can't clear the HQ anymore. This needs to be fixed asap. Also that the little spiders follow you makes it actually harder to position them right. If you want to nerf the HQ just spawn them on the sun so that you only have to pull them together. 

Still no fix for this??? Totally unfair to make the raid unfinishable for the majority of players when you added special rewards for completing it.  Nice extra bonus for the whales while shafting people who had previously been clearing Hive Queen.

5 hours ago, Rychael said:

Still no fix for this??? Totally unfair to make the raid unfinishable for the majority of players when you added special rewards for completing it.  Nice extra bonus for the whales while shafting people who had previously been clearing Hive Queen.

you can do HQ without even kd-ing her once if you have good dps. you just need to stun her instead of KD and it shouldnt be a problem.

22 hours ago, Rychael said:

It shouldn't take TT level DPS to do.

You're supposed to collect the things she drops to go past Raven weapons. You saying a party full of raven-equipped people can do that?

Or is this dungeon now only passable via carry?

A full raven party can easily do it, under the condition people use their brains and not simplified mode and kill their own dps.

• 4 weeks later...

So... did they fix it yet?
Cause me and my clan have been trying to clear HQ since the update (Dec 05) and this bug is making it impossible for us, we don't have enough DPS to just Stun the boss and with this mecanics we've been just skipping HQ entirely. Note that we were doing fine before the patch and even got to 40% mecanics.
Since our raid is only Friday i would like to know so i could avoid waste our time on bad content and go directly to SK.

In our experience, she just kill everyone DPSing in mid unless they leave just after KD and if someone tries to get back in they would just instantly die.
We do have ppl with some good gear but since we are a brazilian clan our DPS is already reduced due to ping issues.

Please be more considerate to us south american players, we are poor but still persevere even with this kind of issue and keep on playing, cause we love the game.

Archived