Returning player after a few years... Is it fixed now ?

Zordrage

So want to give a second shot on this game.....

the main reason i left was because the game simply wasn't able to handle what it was designed for... any Big raid boss fights with 20-30+ people or Mass PvP was causing constant nonstop DCs and Crashes and FPS drop from 60+ all the way down to 5-2 fps for almost everyone even if you turned your graphics down to the bare minimum...

so some years have passed.. 2 i think ? last i played maybe... did it got any optimization or its still broken in Big fights ?

Also how is Balance between classes now days ?

16 minutes ago, Zordrage said:

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nobody ?

Not everyone will have time to respond to your question/post, some might feel like they are uncertain of the answers to your questions, etc... so do be patient.

With that being said, most fights have been reduced to 12-man or less, this helps out the FPS a lot, however, there are a few times where few players will find themselves needing to hide other characters to maintain a decent FPS - most of the time, it's in 12-man raids. As for crashing, most of the crashes players experience are from loading screens/when loading into a new area instead of boss fights.

If you're playing on a decent PC/laptop, your FPS should be ok.

The game is still poorly optimized however, if this is a concern for you, I'd make a return to the game later in the year when they release/update their Unreal Engine 3 to Unreal Engine 4. 

As for classes, it's mostly balanced, however, nerfs and buffs do happen every few months, so the "Top Classes" are constantly changing. With that being said, all classes are viable - it's just a matter of your ping and playstyle preference (some classes are more ping-dependent than others).

Hope this helps clear things up a bit ^^

yeah saw the Engine Update.....

bassicaly that was my dream that the devs one day update the engine... that was the major reason i left....
im surprised they are actually doing it.... lol

i just stay away from 20-30 man world boss fights until then....

8 minutes ago, Zordrage said:

They took out the 20-30 man world bosses ^^

They took out world bosses as a whole. The closest thing to a "world boss" are the bosses that periodically spawn (30-70 minutes) in Celestial Basin and the "zone raids" in Grand Harvest Square. But, in that case, welcome back! ^^

9 minutes ago, Zordrage said:

yeah saw the Engine Update.....

bassicaly that was my dream that the devs one day update the engine... that was the major reason i left....
im surprised they are actually doing it.... lol

We don't have such big raids anymore. The biggest raids are 12 man ones. Maybe we'll get bigger raids in the future with UE4. We'll see if they actually manage to tough it out and give us an optimized product instead of just a more refined hdr and on point self shadows on characters.

12 minutes ago, Ludicium said:

They took out the 20-30 man world bosses ^^

They took out world bosses as a whole. The closest thing to a "world boss" are the bosses that periodically spawn (30-70 minutes) in Celestial Basin and the "zone raids" in Grand Harvest Square. But, in that case, welcome back! ^^

did they redesigned those quests and dailies that needed those bosses ? or just removed the quest all together ?

8 minutes ago, Zordrage said:

did they redesigned those quests and dailies that needed those bosses ? or just removed the quest all together ?

Everything that was 24 man was toned town for 12 man groups. The boss HP is lower and the enrage timers are more lenient. Mechanics didn't really need changing.

If he was away from a game for that long then the only World Boss that existed back then was 'BlackWyrm Dragon' in Misty Woods, which used to be 40-50+ Man Raid but the more we progressed the less people it required to kill, Which eventually got removed from the game, so all these 24/12 Man Raids that we have right now didn't existed back then. Now Instances that we used to have to normal Dungeons been Changed.

Back then 4 man dungeon was hard mode, and 6 man dungeon was a normal mode. Right now we have 6 man as an easy mode, and 6 man mode as a hard mode.

then we got our first 24 man raid which later was changed to 12 Man raid mode, the only difference between dungeons and raids is that for dungeons you can F8 while Raids you make party and do it in local so everything happens in instance.

There's no world bosses like BlackWyrm was. there was a close one like Golden Plegue Boss, but no one really cared spawning it, because Essences were expencive and you needed alot, with bad rewards, unlike blackwyrm was. 

I never crashed on the Wyrm tho. Yes it was a 2-3 fps mess, but for game to crash?.. not even once.

But about a year ago, when they got that Xigncode protection for the game - it made the whole game unstable. And the more updates they roll out - the more unstable and stuttery the game becomes. I hope the new engine will fix that.

10 hours ago, SayhaSeer said:

If he was away from a game for that long then the only World Boss that existed back then was 'BlackWyrm Dragon' in Misty Woods, which used to be 40-50+ Man Raid but the more we progressed the less people it required to kill, Which eventually got removed from the game, so all these 24/12 Man Raids that we have right now didn't existed back then. Now Instances that we used to have to normal Dungeons been Changed.

Back then 4 man dungeon was hard mode, and 6 man dungeon was a normal mode. Right now we have 6 man as an easy mode, and 6 man mode as a hard mode.

then we got our first 24 man raid which later was changed to 12 Man raid mode, the only difference between dungeons and raids is that for dungeons you can F8 while Raids you make party and do it in local so everything happens in instance.

There's no world bosses like BlackWyrm was. there was a close one like Golden Plegue Boss, but no one really cared spawning it, because Essences were expencive and you needed alot, with bad rewards, unlike blackwyrm was. 

yes Blackwyrm wast one of the big issues...

BUT

what about the big Open PvP Zone with a bunch of Giant bosses that came with the Expansion right outside of the town in a BIG plain Field ??? that place had the same issue .. they did redesigned that too ?

As some already said, the game is not that much better than when it was released, I'm playing since CBT btw, the area you refer was the faction pvp field named soulstone plains, that is a dead zone at these moment cuz NCsoft reduced the HP and rewards from the bosses, also related to open world pvp is broken, every fight is just a matter of who one shot kill first, same on pvp 6v6, 1v1 and 3v3 are fixed stats so there's no oneshots there. If you left 2 years ago then there's quite a bit to do and lots of things changed, you can get in and do the story and that will let you get lvl 55 and get your baleful or seraph for free to start.

On 21/05/2018 at 4:46 PM, Zordrage said:

what about the big Open PvP Zone with a bunch of Giant bosses that came with the Expansion right outside of the town in a BIG plain Field ??? that place had the same issue .. they did redesigned that too ?

Soulstone plains? That's still the same, but there are so few people farming there these days that it's not an issue.

There's also been a major optimization patch since the blackwyrm/early silverfrost days, so you'll probably find your performance to be better overall. But alas, there are still a lot of issues with framedrops for some people in the raid dungeons (even on really high computer specs) while others can run them fine on 50+ fps; as with everything in this game, it seems to be pretty much rng whether or not your system runs the instances well. Same with crashes, most of people very rarely crash (except in 6v6 where there's a major memory leak connected to reviving), but some do.

On 5/21/2018 at 2:46 PM, Zordrage said:

yes Blackwyrm wast one of the big issues...

BUT

With our current gear, most people can solo everything in SSP and with higher gear you can solo akbul now too, so they nerfed rewards from SSP, I wish they added Floating Island, Korea have reworked that place, and it works like Celestial Basin, you do quests within for a reward of Points instead of peaches, with more optimization and increased damage/health on bosses it would be a nice place to farm then Old SSP. but since we didn't get Ethereal Battleground and Infernal Battleground. Korea/jp removed the Hell Island, but they reworked Floating island, but I doubt we will get either of them ever. because both of them were supposed to come out with soulfighter release. so kinda rip. No other big world bosses worth doing left.

Archived