fps unstable, huge drops, screen freeze, is this normal

eric11zhao

my laptop is i7, gtx 1050, 8 gb ram, but after this week's maintenance this game became very unstable in all dungeons no matter solo or cross-server one, fps suddenly drops from 60 to 10ish just like a yoyo and screen freeze, average ping is about 450ms (in australia), especially during weekend, does anyone has this issue 

Did your windows 10 also recently update?

I've been having this problem ever since the last patch for the game and the windows update, on a gtx1070 desktop and a 1050 laptop, and still have yet to solve the problem. The only thing that has helped me is running the client in 32 bit

16 hours ago, eric11zhao said:

my laptop is i7, gtx 1050, 8 gb ram, but after this week's maintenance this game became very unstable in all dungeons no matter solo or cross-server one, fps suddenly drops from 60 to 10ish just like a yoyo and screen freeze, average ping is about 450ms (in australia), especially during weekend, does anyone has this issue 

My first guess would be that the CPU is throttling due to high temperature. Install Aida64 and enable the OCD. Monitor if the CPU frequency drops while you play.

6 hours ago, Souba said:

Did your windows 10 also recently update?

I've been having this problem ever since the last patch for the game and the windows update, on a gtx1070 desktop and a 1050 laptop, and still have yet to solve the problem. The only thing that has helped me is running the client in 32 bit

I've been ignoring the update for the past 3 days.

Quest Tracking is a broken memory leakage hole for me.

It wasn't until last week I found a post on Reddit about (unchecking all the quests in the quest journal "J" this turns off quest tracking and greatly increases overall stability of the game, " for some reason for me quest tracking dropped my fps from 60 to 10-20 whenever anything happened, I stopped playing back in November because of this. 6+ months I waited for an update to fix it and nothing, heard it had something to do with shaders not loading properly"

Out of all the suggestions on forums this was the only thing that worked me.

On 5/20/2018 at 11:01 PM, Corvenir said:

Quest Tracking is a broken memory leakage hole for me.

It wasn't until last week I found a post on Reddit about (unchecking all the quests in the quest journal "J" this turns off quest tracking and greatly increases overall stability of the game, " for some reason for me quest tracking dropped my fps from 60 to 10-20 whenever anything happened, I stopped playing back in November because of this. 6+ months I waited for an update to fix it and nothing, heard it had something to do with shaders not loading properly"

Out of all the suggestions on forums this was the only thing that worked me.

I was actually doing that before the most recent windows update, and it did fix it! It was fantastic....until windows updated. And now I'm down to 11 FPS on the 64 bit client. I have to use the 32 bit one in order to play, and it hitches constantly.

On 5/20/2018 at 9:46 PM, RavTH said:

I ignored it for as long as I could, until suddenly my computer decided to give me a notification every hour about it that I couldn't get rid of. It was insane.

On 5/20/2018 at 11:09 PM, eric11zhao said:

maybe because of win 10 update about 2 days ago, after the update the stutter seems getting better

After that update, my FPS actually dropped. Was there another one intended to fix the other recent update?

On 5/21/2018 at 4:46 AM, RavTH said:

I know the feeling. It will eventually wait you out and install it by force. I had to revert back today and then disable all the windows update services by force.

On 22/05/2018 at 6:03 PM, Souba said:

I ignored it for as long as I could, until suddenly my computer decided to give me a notification every hour about it that I couldn't get rid of. It was insane.

AAHH as I was playing it poped up randomly in the middle of the screen and I clicked Restart in a middle of dungeon -_- then waited 2 hours for the update and I see some fps drops but I anm used to playing at low frames, still I do notice lag more often.

I can't even get the 64-bit client to start up for me. I have to use the 32-bit client each and every time and my oh my...does it stutter and freeze up on me... It's not my rig because it does absolutely fine on games that have way higher requirements than Blade and Soul.

I used to play a KFM and thoroughly enjoyed it but due to the bad state the game is in I've been forced to main my Summoner. So...I can still play but not with the class I want, it's quite upsetting really. Until something is done about the bad compatibility and the awful decisions that make life hard on new players I am not sinking any coins into the game.

11 hours ago, Siara said:

I can't even get the 64-bit client to start up for me. I have to use the 32-bit client each and every time and my oh my...does it stutter and freeze up on me... It's not my rig because it does absolutely fine on games that have way higher requirements than Blade and Soul.

I used to play a KFM and thoroughly enjoyed it but due to the bad state the game is in I've been forced to main my Summoner. So...I can still play but not with the class I want, it's quite upsetting really. Until something is done about the bad compatibility and the awful decisions that make life hard on new players I am not sinking any coins into the game.

This is probably you are running with Compatibility mode on, try untick it and DISABLE THE BLUETOOTH.

On 5/24/2018 at 2:30 AM, Yndril said:

Don't use BNSBuddy or BNSBoost, just use the regular launcher.

I don't use any of this, and never did, the problem began after the most recent windows update.

Archived