what is the aggro steal condition between a sommoner and his pet?

antarean

what is the aggro steal condition between a sommoner and his pet?

no matter how much my pet has been damaging a mob,  it doesnt matter how much because

if i use 1. or 2. or 3. then

1. doom and bloom

2. grasping roots

3. thorn strikes

i steal my pet's aggro and a mob or a boss starts to hit me until i use my pet "hammer strike". then they fight with my pet and i become safe again.

but it takes forever for my pet to kill a boss or a mob this way,

You are doing the thing wrong. Your cat will.never he able to kill anything.

The cat has a skill called crouching tiger (Q) and when you spec the skill right it will gain aggro of everything around it. During the crouch you attack the mobs. The aggro will switch to you but then once off cooldown you crouch the cat again.

The cat is not a damage source it's use is mostly for cc and protection.

>Your cat will.never he able to kill anything.

yes they do, i can see many numbers poping out of a boss or a mob, when my pet swings his hammer

>The cat has a skill called crouching tiger (Q)

it only says about "decrease damage", and it doent say anything about stealing aggros or holding aggros, but i will try "Q thing" and verify this later, i am so new at this summoner at the moment.

> the aggro will switch to you but then once off cooldown you crouch the cat again.

12 sec cooldown and 7 sec long crouching seems ok, but i have to run for 5 sec because a boss will be after me?

my pet kills bosses but so slow. or i wouldnt have finished the quests. because a summoner doesnt have the gunslinger's burst damage output

>The cat is not a damage source it's use is mostly for cc and protection.

not a source, but i cant solo bosses one on one unlike a gunslinger i am used to.

so my pet takes the fight and all bosses go down... slowly

but i want to add some of my damages , but they do me badly.

whoever does the most damage  takes the aggro rule doesnt seem to work in summoners.

It is as @pikapikapika says. The cat doesn't have an aggro buffer like the PCs in the game. It, together with warlock's thrall, have an aggro skill, which is nothing more than a spell that forcefully switches mob's target to the cat/thrall for the duration of that taunt skill's effect. After it ends the mob will prioritize the target with highest damage based aggro.

>our cat is a debuffer, it does not do any dps.

you really go ahead and try and pet kill, they solo bosses and solo mobs. i killed mostly end quest bosses or end quest npc's with my pet only.  because i cant stand a chance if i take the aggro, or i have to break my arm muscles trying if i take them on.

>debuffer

you mean ability to knock them down or daze them?

debuff is like to me, when i put a shield on me, then debuffer removes my shield to kill me. that is debuffing, i never saw my pet could that. i dont know any  debuff possbile classes in BnS.

16 minutes ago, antarean said:

>The cat has a skill called crouching tiger (Q)

it only says about "decrease damage", and it doent say anything about stealing aggros or holding aggros, but i will try "Q thing" and verify this later, i am so new at this summoner at the moment.

( Q )  spec it to  "TAUNT" enemy

it has an 12 sec cooldown, once expire try using ( X )   true friend  " Resist " until the taunt is up again. just make sure your cat successfully taunt/aggro steal before you hit the boss/mobs. HF 

5 minutes ago, antarean said:

>debuffer

you mean ability to knock them down or daze them?

debuff is like to me, when i put a shield on me, then debuffer removes my shield to kill me. that is debuffing, i never saw my pet could that. i dont know any  debuff possbile classes in BnS.

Debuffer means it's main purpose is to apply negative effects on the enemy. Be it stuns, dazes, knock downs, pin downs, knock ups, damage over time effect. Anything that isn't a direct damage attack but makes the target's life harder.

lmao

Okey... Okey... Let me get this straight

So... You're saying you do all your dps through your cat? And what are you doing while cat is fighting? Watching it?

This is some next gen summoner gameplay

Game is out 2 years, never saw a summoner do this. This guy's a genious

Everything said from the other is right, I just wanna get a bit more specific for you, as you seem to have trouble...

for now, go to K, check the box at the top that says show only trainable. Now you only see the skills where you can change things. The q is down at the botton on the left side. For taunt you want to spec into the second option (which reads taunt, the other just recovers focus when the cat is hit).

And as you seem to persist that the cat does damage, I wanna tell you what we mean by saying it does no dps. 

Because yeah, the cat does hit the boss, and it does some damage. So you can send the cat to the boss and then go make a coffe and go get groceries if you really wanna wait till the cat does the work for you. Because the damage is garbage. 

An example: when I send my cat on mobs (in training room), she does about... 5k damage per second, when i press a skill for her, maybe up to 10k (I wanted to test something else and got distracted so just my cat did stuff ^^). I on the other hand go easily for over 100k on the same boss. So you see, the damage the cat does is about zero in comparison.

If you say you only send the cat in cause the boss kills you, you really need to get used to the gameplay more. This is not a bad thing, that is what the story is for. Getting used to evading/countering (which is you 4, which also makes you invisible). But if you let the cat do everything, it not only takes ages, but you learn nothing. I would rather suggest that you spec the cat on taunt and learn to deal with the monsters they are on you. And if they do kill you, there is mostly no harm done. Only your weapon looses some endurance (?), but you loose no exp or something like that. You really should practise that. Because once the story is done, you cannot sit back and let the cat do everything ;)

I would offer you my help if you are on eu, also I guess you have other sum questions, so feel free to ask them as well ;)

Edit: ok the mocking part is not right, maybe it is his first mmo and the controls are new to him, no need to make fun of him, he tries to learn.

43 minutes ago, Septy said:

lmao

Okey... Okey... Let me get this straight

So... You're saying you do all your dps through your cat? And what are you doing while cat is fighting? Watching it?

This is some next gen summoner gameplay

Game is out 2 years, never saw a summoner do this. This guy's a genious

Actually in the very beginning summoner was a debuff class and the cat was the main dps source. All summoner did was stack bleeds / poison and cat did the damage.

That changed later on to the way it is now :P

9 minutes ago, HateMe said:

Actually in the very beginning summoner was a debuff class and the cat was the main dps source. All summoner did was stack bleeds / poison and cat did the damage.

That changed later on to the way it is now :P

Actually....  No

if your one of those who played in beta should know this >.<   sunflower was way too awesome back then and that no way for the cat to out dps the summi's.

> Game is out 2 years

i think i seen BnS game ads, maybe 6 years ago, maybe

i have been playing BnS for maybe 3 weeks + few more days

summoner 3 days so far,

my pet does about 1000 damages, i do about 2500.

i kill mobs, my pet does bosses  with lots of time at the moment.

you can brag you can do 100k but it makes no differnce to me.

unlike gunslinger i am kind of used to for 3 weeks,

my gunslinger does about 3500 in general but 35000 on burst or triple shot related.

but a summoner,

my pet does 1000 + i do 2500 = 3500 all together

but it doesnt have burst kind of damage output, so it is difficult for me to tank the boss at the moment

and my pet takes almost no damages from any bosses, so i am using it as a tank,

2 minutes ago, antarean said:

> Game is out 2 years

i think i seen BnS game ads, maybe 6 years ago, maybe

i have been playing BnS for maybe 3 weeks + few more days

summoner 3 days so far,

my pet does about 1000 damages, i do about 2500.

i kill mobs, my pet does bosses  with lots of time at the moment.

you can brag you can do 100k but it makes no differnce to me.

unlike gunslinger i am kind of used to for 3 weeks,

my gunslinger does about 3500 in general but 35000 on burst or triple shot related.

but a summoner,

my pet does 1000 + i do 2500 = 3500 all together

but it doesnt have burst kind of damage output, so it is difficult for me to tank the boss at the moment

and my pet takes almost no damages from any bosses, so i am using it as a tank,

i got a very good idea!

Pls stop playing your summoner at level 10 , can you level it atleast to LVL 13 thats it..  

dude i wasn't bragging, I was making a point. 

But this just shows what I meant, you got other issues playing sum as well. And I said, yes you should use it as a tank

but not to a point where you are unable to play the game and just watch it ;)

So as I said, you probably wanna ask questions about the sum in gerenral, as you are probably doing something wrong there (again, not a bad thing, but we cannot help you if you just say but my cat does great damage)

So the questions are, how did you skill your skills, all cc or actually damage, do you play wind or earth? do you use lrm/rmb right? it is diffrent to gunner

ok please, yes they are trolling you, but just answering them will not help you ;) 

so please tell me, how did you spec your skills, what element do you play, and do you alternate left mouse button and right mouse button, cause as gunner you are used to just go right mouse button, which does more damage as sum as well, but that is not how it works ;)

you alternate between rmb and lmb, so you get focus back (or can cast it freely as wind) and you do so fast, animationcancel along the way... the question is, do you do that? I kinda doubt it, but doing so will greatly improve you damage and you will not stuggle so much against bosses.

>the questions are, how did you skill your skills, all cc or actually damage, do you play wind or earth? do you use lrm/rmb right? it is diffrent to gunner

my skills were basically what the game automatically filled in 1234, zxcv slots.

for "k" skill menu,

i think the default was earth? so it is earth

if you think wind is better? then i will try it someday, but not now. one at a time even if it is weak.

>lrm/rmb right

i use left mouse button mostly, RMB uses a lot of energy, 

LMB does about 2500 and RMB does about 7000

but this is not the problem, i cant click left, right, left, right.... fast. i got some shoulder injury to prevent to click two button clicking rotation fast.

About the aggro thing, the way aggro works in this game is following:

1. Everyone has a threat of 100% meaning if you do 10000 points of damage you will get 10000 points of aggro. Person or cat who does more than that gets the aggro

2. There are special aggro steal skills that ignore this and take the aggro for x amounts of seconds, like the cats Taunt skill.

3. Tank classes such as Bm and Kfm have additional threath multipliers in their skills which works as following, if multiplier is 200% total threat multiplier will be 300% and if he does 10000 points of damage he will get 30000 points of threat instead of the normal 10000. Which is the reason they are able to tank for the most part.

So if you do more damage than someone else or if you do so much more damage that it even exceeds the threat multipliers tanks have then you will get aggro no matter what.

As for damage on summoner. The burst damage summoner can do is very high if you know what you are doing. Summoner needs to apply Ivy Poison debuff as well as Nettle Cluster effect to do significantly more damage with all the skills. And if you are unable to tank a boss pr in general kill them with summoner, I suggest learning how to use the evasive skills :P This game basically requires you to be able to do damage and avoid damage at the same time, especially in high level dungeons and raids.

59 minutes ago, waspak said:

Actually....  No

if your one of those who played in beta should know this >.<   sunflower was way too awesome back then and that no way for the cat to out dps the summi's.

I am not talking about the NA beta, i am talking wayyyy before that :P there was no sunflower xD

16 minutes ago, antarean said:

>the questions are, how did you skill your skills, all cc or actually damage, do you play wind or earth? do you use lrm/rmb right? it is diffrent to gunner

my skills were basically what the game automatically filled in 1234, zxcv slots.

for "k" skill menu,

i think the default was earth? so it is earth

if you think wind is better? then i will try it someday, but not now. one at a time even if it is weak.

>lrm/rmb right

i use left mouse button mostly, RMB uses a lot of energy, 

LMB does about 2500 and RMB does about 7000

but this is not the problem, i cant click left, right, left, right.... fast. i got some shoulder injury to prevent to click two button clicking rotation fast.

Hmmm... my advice to you (as a summoner main) maybe try switching to wind build and change your right click (bees) to the third option then you can spam right click more instead of having to go back and forth? you won't do as much damage but it's better than not being able to spam back and forth?? 

This is how your skills should be: 

• Rose thorn: focus regen
  • vine whip
  • Weed wack (instead of roots unless you need to keep mobs in place) 
  • rumblebees 3 (additional damage) 
  • bombs away/anklebiter/surprise gift (depends on if you need a knockdown or not) 
  • clawnado (you really don't need strike in group play but when you are soloing or leveling it can be of help) 
  • Petal toss: Damage increase (blue petal toss it gives you a buff to do more damage on your right click) 
  • huzzah on the second option to heal yourself and party (and some goes to your cat but only a bit) 
  • seed shroud uh whichever i don't think it matters too much, its a counter that'll help you when a boss comes to hit you press it and go invisible
  • power pounce 
  • crouching tiger: taunt 
  • true friend: resist (you can also set it to heal if you need extra heals this is preference) 

Also your rotations (how you use your skills) should be F > 3 > repeat right click 

And watch the squares under the boss for poison ivy because you need that up at all times so you can spam right click and not run out of focus. Poison ivy comes from F and 1 so you can use those interchangeably whenever poison ivy runs out 

anyways i hope that makes sense? 

>instead of having to go back and forth? you won't do as much damage but it's better than not being able to spam back and forth?? 

ok, then i think i will be the wind, mouse L-R clicks are bad for me.

this pattern was what i used before wind suggestion

:start

i start with 1 and 2

wait 2 sec

press F F if possible

use c for stun type 1

wait 2 sec

press F F if possible

use v for stun type 2

wait 2 sec

while i hold down LMB most of the time.

goto :start

1 hour ago, antarean said:

i got some shoulder injury to prevent to click two button 

Okey, definetly a troll thread. Just let him play cat dps

People explaining rotation of a 1 difficulty star rated class and he keeps arguing agaisnt it

We can all move on now

>>About the aggro thing, the way aggro works in this game is following:

basically you are saying aggro is not additive, correct?

that is why my pet cant hold a basic aggro with 1000 damage points in each strike even for 5 minute pounding, if my basic attack is 2500. i got it

since i am new to this,  i will try Q later

Archived