'Active' afk leeching

ander01se

So... about the "people" who join parties (repeatedly) then instantly leaves if the end boss isn't spawned / still in lobby... is there any chance you could do something about this behavior or should we all just do that since it's not much different from afk leeching?

[Removed image - Amraith]

How is that a problem? LFP is pretty much a barren wasteland now adays anyways and one of the primary reasons people do it is to find near finished run. If you actually did implement something like a penalty LFP leaving would have even less people especially those who are better geared since just about everyone knows they want everything done fast <.<. The point is that this wouldnt help the people who run those dungeos using lfp either

1 hour ago, ander01se said:

So why the heck are people playing the game then since no one seems to want to play it?

Ever felt the moment when you spend 2 hours doing all over the dungeon just to get DC or too low dps/team that cannot make it even if you tried 100 times with it so you cannot finish the last boss and get the daily challenge done? I had yesterday enough of that so I admit I was sniping into certain dungeons. If the player has done the daily quests of the dungeon why is it so wrong to be able to farm last boss that you need? Isn't it same as the people who afk for last bosses in 24-man contents or afk in ssp to get boars or battles only and yet people don't complain about these guys?

11 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

Ever felt the moment when you spend 2 hours doing all over the dungeon just to get DC or too low dps/team that cannot make it even if you tried 100 times with it so you cannot finish the last boss and get the daily challenge done? I had yesterday enough of that so I admit I was sniping into certain dungeons. If the player has done the daily quests of the dungeon why is it so wrong to be able to farm last boss that you need? Isn't it same as the people who afk for last bosses in 24-man contents or afk in ssp to get boars or battles only and yet people don't complain about these guys?

2 hours doing the same dungeon? That must be something wrong with it. Unless it is a new end-game dungeon like Foundry when it first came out, then it would be make more sense.

There is nothing wrong with it when they want to lfp into a dungeon with only to kill last boss. What's wrong with it? Probably the chance to get into a party like that will take longer than just running a dungeon with a full party from the beginning.  Actually, people like other players to afk to get boars or battles so that they can get more credits from the pigs and terrors.

Sometimes, people lfp into a dungeon and then quit because they failed to join a party with their friends. Maybe their friends is using lfp button in the same dungeon to recruit them for help? 

For other posts, if you don't like the party hoppers, just pre-make your own party in F8 with a reasonable criteria for your party. Reasonable as in making AP requirements close to your AP. If you have 500 AP and you posted "AP 700+ run fast", no one will ever join your party for sure.

1 hour ago, FrozenB said:

2 hours doing the same dungeon? That must be something wrong with it. Unless it is a new end-game dungeon like Foundry when it first came out, then it would be make more sense.

There is nothing wrong with it when they want to lfp into a dungeon with only to kill last boss. What's wrong with it? Probably the chance to get into a party like that will take longer than just running a dungeon with a full party from the beginning.  Actually, people like other players to afk to get boars or battles so that they can get more credits from the pigs and terrors.

Sometimes, people lfp into a dungeon and then quit because they failed to join a party with their friends. Maybe their friends is using lfp button in the same dungeon to recruit them for help? 

For other posts, if you don't like the party hoppers, just pre-make your own party in F8 with a reasonable criteria for your party. Reasonable as in making AP requirements close to your AP. If you have 500 AP and you posted "AP 700+ run fast", no one will ever join your party for sure.

i'll remember spend more than 2 hours for ec just to get it done for my dc...keep getting ppl that didnt know the last boss mecha even tho u already explain what to do and still fail...not to mention the pro wannabe that act like he know everything and blame others while he/she the one that keep on messing up the mech...

20 minutes ago, newbiez said:

i'll remember spend more than 2 hours for ec just to get it done for my dc...keep getting ppl that didnt know the last boss mecha even tho u already explain what to do and still fail...not to mention the pro wannabe that act like he know everything and blame others while he/she the one that keep on messing up the mech...

I would have left the party after party wipe TWICE at the last boss. That would be like max 20-30 minutes of game time.

14 hours ago, ander01se said:

So... about the "people" who join parties (repeatedly) then instantly leaves if the end boss isn't spawned / still in lobby... is there any chance you could do something about this behavior or should we all just do that since it's not much different from afk leeching?

[Removed image - Amraith]

Its very different from afk leeching. They dont want to help with the run they leave before it even stars. I rather they leave then stay and dont help and the rest of the party has to carry their dead weight.

19 minutes ago, Unicorns said:

Its very different from afk leeching. They dont want to help with the run they leave before it even stars. I rather they leave then stay and dont help and the rest of the party has to carry their dead weight.

AFK leeching usually happens to 6m party, especially using lfp button to make party . In 4m party, it rarely happens because the leechers would just waste their time there since 3m is hard to finish dungeon, especially dungeon like DT required all 4 people to do the mech. 

In 6m party, after you killed the first boss and the afk leecher still didn't even move an inch from the entrance, then it is time for you to leave. (you just waste 5-10 minutes of game time unless you don't mind giving him the leech and free golds/items.)

1 minute ago, Unicorns said:

I dont come across leeching much since i run mostly pre made parties. I only see this happen in the ocasional blue dungeons for dc i just lfp, and its gona take me longer to leave and lfp again than just quickly kill the one boss with the other 4-5 ppl that are not afk. With drops that are worth 50s at most it really is more annoying leaving and lfp again. I would happily kick them out of the party if i could though! But NCsoft thinks that function could be abused, meanwhile ppl abuse the fact that you dont even need to touch the boss to get credit and can just sit at the start and not help at all.

Yes, I agree that NCsoft should make it that in order to get credit from the boss, the player needs to hit at least once or make 10% of total boss hp damage to get credit.

I don't recommend party kick button in dungeons because just in 24m raid dungeon like MSP, i have seen raid leaders just kick random low AP players in exchange for higher AP players even though the low AP players helped clearing the monsters. It is sad, but it is the reality. Although it didn't happen often, it really did happen before in my experience.

Another issue is that for long dungeon like DT, EC and foundry, when 6m or 4m party get to the last boss, party leader just kick couple of the non-clanmates or friends out of party in exchange for clanmates or friends just for the last boss to have a chance to win legendary items. What do you say about this?

8 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

AFK leeching usually happens to 6m party, especially using lfp button to make party . In 4m party, it rarely happens because the leechers would just waste their time there since 3m is hard to finish dungeon, especially dungeon like DT required all 4 people to do the mech. 

In 6m party, after you killed the first boss and the afk leecher still didn't even move an inch from the entrance, then it is time for you to leave. (you just waste 5-10 minutes of game time unless you don't mind giving him the leech and free golds/items.)

I dont come across leeching much since i run mostly pre made parties. I only see this happen in the ocasional blue dungeons for dc i just lfp, and its gona take me longer to leave and lfp again than just quickly kill the one boss with the other 4-5 ppl that are not afk. With drops that are worth 50s at most it really is more annoying leaving and lfp again. I would happily kick them out of the party if i could though! But NCsoft thinks that function could be abused, meanwhile ppl abuse the fact that you dont even need to touch the boss to get credit and can just sit at the start and not help at all.

I would have left the party after party wipe TWICE at the last boss. That would be like max 20-30 minutes of game time.

need to rerun it full like pain in the ass since most party failed on the 1st and 2nd boss so to get a party that know how the mech need a damn luck for it

14 minutes ago, MonkeyDRuffy said:

You and Rng...^^

Thats the reason, why you have to run these dungeons only with your clan/friends ---> no afk/leeching and mechanics killing.

clan right now kinda un-active since most of members quit and play another game so yeah...hahaha

9 minutes ago, newbiez said:

clan right now kinda un-active since most of members quit and play another game so yeah...hahaha

• If your leader, kick offline players, who wont play the game now, and recruit new players then.
  • If your a normal member there, leave the clan immediatly and search for another one.

Yes, I agree that NCsoft should make it that in order to get credit from the boss, the player needs to hit at least once or make 10% of total boss hp damage to get credit.

Normally I'd agree, but it would be worse than having an afk leech in a 6m party to be roasted by a party member at the final boss after putting in a full dungeon's worth of effort. It happens a lot in Bloodshade because Hae is really badly positioned and too easy to trigger. That's not even talking about trolls intentionally roasting people just for S**** and giggles.

I'll take the selfish, lazy aft leech over the troll roaster screwing me out of my earned reward. Dungeon rewards are loaded into that final boss so I see it, quest clear and reward is for dungeon effort, not just "did you hit the boss".

There should be a better in-game solution, though. All I can think of are things they won't do: boss instance all dungeons so ppl can't afk at spawn OR getting boss/final dungeon credit requires acquiring buff stacks gained by doing dungeon work: killing bosses, adds, buffing party, triggering mechs, ect. But both of these ideas are going to be non-starters because they involve re-working a system everybody is shrugging off.

2 hours ago, kytt said:

Normally I'd agree, but it would be worse than having an afk leech in a 6m party to be roasted by a party member at the final boss after putting in a full dungeon's worth of effort. It happens a lot in Bloodshade because Hae is really badly positioned and too easy to trigger. That's not even talking about trolls intentionally roasting people just for S**** and giggles.

I'll take the selfish, lazy aft leech over the troll roaster screwing me out of my earned reward. Dungeon rewards are loaded into that final boss so I see it, quest clear and reward is for dungeon effort, not just "did you hit the boss".

There should be a better in-game solution, though. All I can think of are things they won't do: boss instance all dungeons so ppl can't afk at spawn OR getting boss/final dungeon credit requires acquiring buff stacks gained by doing dungeon work: killing bosses, adds, buffing party, triggering mechs, ect. But both of these ideas are going to be non-starters because they involve re-working a system everybody is shrugging off.

As I stated in above post, I would leave the party after party wipe TWICE. If that afker or leecher wants to screw up the mech and waste his/her own time as well, I don't mind at all. Also, it usually happens at 1st boss if you know he/she knows mech or not. Therefore, I still prefer NCsoft to change the credit system from boss.

Rather he is afk or leeching or screwing up mech, it won't matter. I would just put him into block list and find another party and never run any dungeons with that person again. Problem solved. Sometimes, shit happens and you just have to get over with it.

Archived