Currency Exchange?!?!?!!?

Cheung

I am not sure this is a trap post or not. They tell you literally right there. The maximum price is 1:7.0 and your input money at the rate of 1:7.5. 

Also I don't stand against you but the standard rate is 6.1 which mean you have to put 6.0 to get a chance to sell it. 1:7.5 is just way overpriced and you prob somewhere at page 10-11 or so

NCsoft lowered the currency exchange with a lot of cash events, that drove a lot of bots and players to sell too much gold for a fast profit.

Dirty cheap items in the trove/HMstore = bot fest > lowered gold value.

It was actualy really cleaver to use bots for this, keep a lot of players thinking they control the prices lol... but oh well.

Also, the currency exchange have a margin/limit for exchange so the prices doesn't change drasticaly in less than a week. But then, once the price goes down, it's nearly impossible to put it back up.

It's sellers fault for not being able to wait a few hours for their thing to get sold. They put items at a lot lower price hoping that they sell the very minute they post it. Marketplace also suffers from this. 

I understand that the rate is limited to prevent drastical changes, but when rates are low as they are, it makes no sense. If I want to post my gold for 1:10, why can't I? It's obvious that it wont sell. 

*I figure currency exchange can be used as way to stash gold for those who are afraid of bidding all they got in dugeons.

I honestly think this should be a fixed 1:10 ratio. No reason for it not to be. It shouldn't even be listed individually. A simple first come first serve policy will work fine. You type in how much of what you want (coin or gold), push a button, and wait.

1 hour ago, dashrem said:

I honestly think this should be a fixed 1:10 ratio. No reason for it not to be. It shouldn't even be listed individually. A simple first come first serve policy will work fine. You type in how much of what you want (coin or gold), push a button, and wait.

Please don't under-estimate people's greediness. If they put a fixed 1:10 ratio, after a while, people will make a post and want it to be 1:20 ratio.

"When they give people free car, people often want a free airplane from them."

Sooner or later, the ratio will be reverse at this rate (10 golds : 1 hm coins). LOL

22 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

Please don't under-estimate people's greediness. If they put a fixed 1:10 ratio, after a while, people will make a post and want it to be 1:20 ratio.

Sooner or later, the ratio will be reverse at this rate (10 golds : 1 hm coins). LOL

I miss the days of 1:50. Getting costumes was so easy...sigh. Now I don't even look at the exchange. 

29 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

17 minutes ago, Nekonata said:

I miss the days of 1:50. Getting costumes was so easy...sigh. Now I don't even look at the exchange. 

I spent 10 minutes typing out well thought out replies to both of you, only to come to realization that buying NCoin to sell for gold is probably insane considering it will cost literally 1000s of gold to upgrade equipment and to do that with cash would bankrupt the average human being.

Randomly, I just tried to list 1g as a test.
The exchange rate at the time was at 1:7 without a single alternative listing.
Yet the system refuses to allow the max to be pushed to 1:8. As you can see in the screencap, it appears to favor the lower end of the price range, continuously pushing it downwards.
bns_currency%20price_zps0haby1qb.png
Admittedly, I'm not sure how the system works to adjust the brackets, and in what time frame. But its quite apparent that as long as there are people willing to undercut for quick hongmoon coins, then the exchange rate will stay low~

Archived