Increase of Draken Necklace and Ring Drop Rate is Needed

Richwilson

1 hour ago, JonJonPoPong said:

These topics are important because they show how the game can frustrate the player base.

When people get frustrated with a game they quit.

A dwindling player base doesn't benefit anyone.

Though as long as NCsoft west continues to increase their profits each quarter they can ignore topics like this. (Those quarterly reports looking good NCsoft west?)

Personally my view is that the dungeons are mechanic heavy and hard to learn, that should be the barrier to legendary necklace and ring. Adding a further barrier of RNG is pretty shitty.

Ive said it before, that if you have a static of 4 or 6 people and grind these dungeons together, imagine doing 120 runs together and not seeing a necklace...

Thats more than 480-720 runs you would have to do as a group to get your whole party the necklace. Do you think those people would continue to play the game?

Obviously you could do 4 runs and see 4 necklaces or 4 rings, however its also possible someone could do 400 and see nothing.

The excuse of its Legendary and it should be rare is a terrible one.

My weapon is Legendary, my pet is Legendary and my soulshield is Legendary and all can be gotten with out any real frustration.

That's the key word here, stop frustrating your player base.

I totally agree with you. I'm pretty sure many other players who don't read the forums often will agree with you as well.

1 hour ago, NightWish said:

Same can be said about those who have earned it. As more people begin to complain and trust me their are more vs those who have put forth the effort in earning it. Player base only wants a free ticket. When the inflation of the item is abused so in turn is the value as well as the level of care to discuss these hand-out topics that depreciates the value of level towards concern of such. Pride is no longer of value because the apparent majority thinks this is better when its not. I sure as hell do treasure the merit and strife put in to obtain a Legendary but now a days you only want to reap the rewards.

So you're saying people with 100+ runs don't deserve to EARN the necklace? You think people with 100+ times runs without a legendary necklace and/or ring don't strife? I don't care how many times they run to earn theirs or how much they bid for it. If they have the time, patience, and money to spend for the legendary accessories when they were just released, so be it. They do whatever they want and/or can do. I've said this many times, NOT ALL players have that time, patience, and money to spend like some others.

1 hour ago, NightWish said:

Let's destroy the value together so everyone may get a Legendary so when we all see that we are wearing Legendary we find something better to *cricket* on. I am too  Player Based just not on the same page. This really reminds me of a Willy-Wonka Story of the spoils of everyone except for those humble ones which are rare. I guess when you get everything you want the value of even those that think like me become worthless and so in turn will become this game if your demands are fully taken advantage of. That coming from someone who can say I love this game just the way it is but not the way people make it become.

It's not about destroying the values. First of all, how high the value you think for those legendary accs is? LOL.. You can see so many people have them already, thus the values have dropped tremendously compared to before. It's not like I and the others, who are complaining, post this kind of thread or complain about it 2 weeks after they're released. It's been 1 month+ content (for necklace at least), and with NCSOFT progresses so fast with new contents, it's reasonable to complain at this point.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Parenthesis said:

Cry about RNG is like crying about you not winning the lottery :s

this is a crying matter :) so far, we had all our gear upgrades offer us a way to skip rng. it's just so annoying that they scratched that. i can't even start to think about the horror of farming next accessories

Each legendary accessory that we get will be tied to RNG drops. Thats fine and all but at least add a sure way to get them after doing x amount of runs. Someone getting neck to drop on their first run and having the money to outbid isnt challenging or hard. It's pure luck. I got my first necklace to drop on day 1 run 1 (didnt bother bidding), and saw no necklace drop since then until my 100th run (which I won). I went on my alt with my guildmates and the necklace dropped (alt's first ever tomb run). 60% of my runs were in 6man. I have guildmates who had to do 140+ runs to get their necklaces and there are some people out there who have never gotten it yet despite doing so many runs. And some people here think that those people don't deserve the chance to purchase the necklace after all those runs (which mind you dont take 10minutes to complete like a fast Ebondrake does)? Doing 250+ runs and not getting necklace. Now thats hard work. Just add 100/300 achievement in vendor for each dungeon priced at 1500/500g and that will suffice.

2 hours ago, Parenthesis said:

Cry about RNG is like crying about you not winning the lottery :s

You can have fun with the game by thinking that running deso tomb 100+ times for 0 necklace is like gambling on lottery. I can see where you came from, but many other people also don't like gambling. Some of these people (in real life) would rather invest their money on something that would make their business bigger or make them feel happy. In this case, many people would like to also invest their time and effort on something that's more guaranteed. I've said this many times, but you seem not to get it. Not everyone in this game have the same amount of time, patience, and/or gold to spend on these 2 accs.

1 hour ago, Meese said:

Each legendary accessory that we get will be tied to RNG drops. Thats fine and all but at least add a sure way to get them after doing x amount of runs. Someone getting neck to drop on their first run and having the money to outbid isnt challenging or hard. It's pure luck. I got my first necklace to drop on day 1 run 1 (didnt bother bidding), and saw no necklace drop since then until my 100th run (which I won). I went on my alt with my guildmates and the necklace dropped (alt's first ever tomb run). 60% of my runs were in 6man. I have guildmates who had to do 140+ runs to get their necklaces and there are some people out there who have never gotten it yet despite doing so many runs. And some people here think that those people don't deserve the chance to purchase the necklace after all those runs (which mind you dont take 10minutes to complete like a fast Ebondrake does)? Doing 250+ runs and not getting necklace. Now thats hard work. Just add 100/300 achievement in vendor for each dungeon priced at 1500/500g and that will suffice.

I like your idea. I've seen an NPC in korean server that requires 100 honorary ornaments, and certain amount of galaxy fragments and something else. It is still too expensive for F2P players. 1.5k+ for a neck is just too much, and those players would rather grind for it and pay much less. However, 500g for the necklace or ring on an NPC sounds reasonable! I'm here just to suggest NCSOFT to increase the drop rate even more, before they lose more players.

I think that NCSoft should just make the necklace actually an easy-to-drop items.

However, Legendary Jewels for upgrade should be removed from the Dragon Express and become a rare drop instead with multiple ways to get it. Daily Dash, Trial Arena, 4-man Loot...

It also encourages people to actually upgrade their accessories so that they can get 30 jewels from salvaging.

Similar to cheap printers. The printer itself is like US$30-40. However, the ink cartridge is US$10-20 per unit.

6 hours ago, Parenthesis said:

@Richwilson maybe your life is so important, you shouldn't play game at all.

Take it from me. Quit while you can. Life is too important.

Yeah, my life is very important, but I can manage time to play games. I was saying even with those time that I've spent on BnS, it's still not enough to get the legendary necklace after 1 month since it's first released. And yeah, I'm ready to quit anytime if NCSOFT is not doing anything about it cause some of my friends are too.

2% for a Legendary Item that is supposed to be the best upgrade for endgame gear up to date... sounds about right. (Accoridng to OP's rng)

if anything that rng is on the good side. There are many others getting a much worst end of the stick.

so stop whining about not being hand fed everything 

11 hours ago, Parenthesis said:

@Richwilson

Ready to quit?

how about .... now?

I got my necklace just now. I guess I'm not quitting soon? Some other players and my friends might be, though. Thus, I still think a better rate is needed.

11 hours ago, chg said:

2% for a Legendary Item that is supposed to be the best upgrade for endgame gear up to date... sounds about right. (Accoridng to OP's rng)

if anything that rng is on the good side. There are many others getting a much worst end of the stick.

so stop whining about not being hand fed everything 

Hand fed everything? Wtf r you talking about? People still will farm for it. Do you not understand by me saying increasing the drop rate? It doesn't guarantee you the necklace each run.

But you are just thinking of it from one point of view, what about people like myself who put everything on hold to saved for the necklace for when it does drop to be able to afford it? do you not think we will get screwed  over too if you idea goes ahead? Its called legendary for a reason aka a luxury not a necessity, if you work hard you deserve that luxury?

Personally since tomb release I've seen 8 necklaces dropped in about 160 runs, and 7 rings drop in 68 runs, its pure rng. the drop rate does not need increasing AGAIN because if they intended/needed for it to be a standard upgrade at this point they would have just made it the standard next stage of the necklace.. again i stress its a luxury not a necessity!

11 hours ago, Raizou said:

Question for people who played bns in other regions (kr,cn,tw,...):

Are there other legendary necklace and ring or its an one-way-street (DT-Necklace/EC-ring --> upgrade to further/better legendaries)?

There are only two legendary necklaces in KR: Oath and Vortex Temple. Except that just came out very recently and we're nowhere near getting that.

Oath is literally BiS for over a year maybe two in NA/EU.

The only thing most of us hate this RNG thing are, we, the one that doesnt have the necklace or ring now, cant upgrade our gears. Because, if we upgrade our gears and necklace or ring dropped, we cant bid for it and if we dont upgrade our gears, but the necklace or ring still not dropping, our gear progress get stagnant and thats the reason most of the people get bored of playing this game. Why do i need to play the same and same dungeon everyday but i cant upgrade my gears?

i have all the golds for upgrading pets and legendary weapon stage 6 but, i cant do anything. If at least we know that we will get it at 100th run for 1k gold at achievement merchant, we can use our gold for something else so at least, we wget something from our hard work and doesnt get bored easily

32 minutes ago, Shadovvv said:

There are only two legendary necklaces in KR: Oath and Vortex Temple. Except that just came out very recently and we're nowhere near getting that.

Oath is literally BiS for over a year maybe two in NA/EU.

Are there alternative options for upgrading necklace + ring (instead of farming legendaries in DT/EC/Vortex) or we have no choice and have to farm them?

No choice but to farm them, and thats the problem. Legendary stuff should be a luxury but in BnS is just another step. The excuse about "is legendary should be hard" only holds up when players have alternatives.

And to be honest is not like our legendary stuff is hard to get, all you have to do is farm easy content and deal with RNG.

So yeah NCsoft, give players alternative ways to keep upgrading their no lengedary gear if they want too, similar in power to legendary stuff but without RNG procs or something like that.

This is simply solution JUST MAKE THEM ABLE TO TRADE!! not everyone want to spam 1 desolate. Some ppl get gold from other dungeon , pvp and they dont want to spam for legendary. Same with soulshield why they are untrade when u spent a lot of gold to get perfect stat and when change them for new we have to throw them

@Richwilson Alright I will agree to your recommendation to make the accessories easier to drop

however. I want dungeons in BnS increase difficulty by 100%

1: Desolated tomb first boss is good

but I want 2nd boss to have 1 hit kill mechanics. If the shield fail to hit. It's a wipe, iframes are useless. The boss attack speed increase by 50%. Red support robots only do suicide attack (no normal attack)so required players to cc 24/7.

Last boss, everytime lightning shock the player even with correct conductor, player get hp reduce by 70%- 90%. Then they would actually required to healing. The marker get fear status that apply 30% movement speed reduction and reduce attack dmg by 50%. The detonated bomb timer require player to stay 10m within boss range or it will target other random team member. When boss gets 6 stack lightning, he will enter enrage mode that deals 200% extra. This does not effect conductor dps increase.

2: In ebondrake first boss, if player fail to cc, it will summon a large group of mobs into the battle field.

in 2nd boss the orbs explosion deal 200% more dmg.

last boss, all attack dmg increase by 50%. During stealth mechanic, while player receiving blood arrow, each arrow put 1 stack of bleed on marker.

if player cc boss when he was grabbing someone, he will do an aoe that deal 50k dmg. All player who stay 20m Range away from boss suffer toxic from the room, toxic does 5% hp per second. Implement a new mechanic for Zakhan and make him invulnerable for 10 seconds if a player died during any process of the dungeon.

10 hours ago, KENPACHl said:

But you are just thinking of it from one point of view, what about people like myself who put everything on hold to saved for the necklace for when it does drop to be able to afford it? do you not think we will get screwed  over too if you idea goes ahead? Its called legendary for a reason aka a luxury not a necessity, if you work hard you deserve that luxury?

When you say stuff like "what about people like myself who put everything on hold to saved for the necklace for when it does drop to be able to afford it? do you not think we will get screwed  over too if you idea goes ahead?", you're also thinking of it from you own point of view.. LOL so don't even start this argument. I'm here to ask the dev team to increase the drop rate for people who have terrible RNG in the game. "Its called legendary for a reason aka a luxury not a necessity, if you work hard you deserve that luxury?" There's legendary weapon and pet, but when people work hard for it, they deserve and can get that "luxury". Why do legendary accs have to have much lower RNG???

24 minutes ago, Parenthesis said:

@Richwilson Alright I will agree to your recommendation to make the accessories easier to drop

however. I want dungeons in BnS increase difficulty by 100%

1: Desolated tomb first boss is good

but I want 2nd boss to have 1 hit kill mechanics. If the shield fail to hit. It's a wipe, iframes are useless. The boss attack speed increase by 50%. Red support robots only do suicide attack (no normal attack)so required players to cc 24/7.

Last boss, everytime lightning shock the player even with correct conductor, player get hp reduce by 70%- 90%. Then they would actually required to healing. The marker get fear status that apply 30% movement speed reduction and reduce attack dmg by 50%. The detonated bomb timer require player to stay 10m within boss range or it will target other random team member. When boss gets 6 stack lightning, he will enter enrage mode that deals 200% extra. This does not effect conductor dps increase.

2: In ebondrake first boss, if player fail to cc, it will summon a large group of mobs into the battle field.

in 2nd boss the orbs explosion deal 200% more dmg.

last boss, all attack dmg increase by 50%. During stealth mechanic, while player receiving blood arrow, each arrow put 1 stack of bleed on marker.

if player cc boss when he was grabbing someone, he will do an aoe that deal 50k dmg. All player who stay 20m Range away from boss suffer toxic from the room, toxic does 5% hp per second. Implement a new mechanic for Zakhan and make him invulnerable for 10 seconds if a player died during any process of the dungeon.

I'm fine with that. Since you increase the difficulty to 100%, make the drop rate 100% as well each run. I'm totally fine with that. ROFL, it's up to dev team now. :)

• NCSOFT

Greetings, 

Thank you all for the feedback, and please know that we do communicate your opinion to the appropriate team members. On that note, we can only do that when the feedback is kept civil and free of trolling or derailing. Take this as a friendly reminder to follow these simple rulesand feel free to carry on discussing this topic.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Richwilson said:

When you say stuff like "what about people like myself who put everything on hold to saved for the necklace for when it does drop to be able to afford it? do you not think we will get screwed  over too if you idea goes ahead?", you're also thinking of it from you own point of view.. LOL so don't even start this argument. I'm here to ask the dev team to increase the drop rate for people who have terrible RNG in the game. "Its called legendary for a reason aka a luxury not a necessity, if you work hard you deserve that luxury?" There's legendary weapon and pet, but when people work hard for it, they deserve and can get that "luxury". Why do legendary accs have to have much lower RNG???

I'm fine with that. Since you increase the difficulty to 100%, make the drop rate 100% as well each run. I'm totally fine with that. ROFL, it's up to dev team now. :)

Quite simply there has to be stuff ingame like this with annoying RNG , instead of your standard upgrade path to max,otherwise people will get bored. everyone would be a direct clone of eachother gear wise. I don't know about other people but I somewhat felt a nice sense of achievement  grinding  for the necklace against RNG, knowing that i earnt that advantage of using the necklace. If things like this was easy to obtain for everyone, what would be the point in playing the game?

10 hours ago, Qei said:

The only thing most of us hate this RNG thing are, we, the one that doesnt have the necklace or ring now, cant upgrade our gears. Because, if we upgrade our gears and necklace or ring dropped, we cant bid for it and if we dont upgrade our gears, but the necklace or ring still not dropping, our gear progress get stagnant and thats the reason most of the people get bored of playing this game. Why do i need to play the same and same dungeon everyday but i cant upgrade my gears?

i have all the golds for upgrading pets and legendary weapon stage 6 but, i cant do anything. If at least we know that we will get it at 100th run for 1k gold at achievement merchant, we can use our gold for something else so at least, we wget something from our hard work and doesnt get bored easily

That is your personal choice to not upgrade your other gear though, no ones forcing you not  to upgrade, the same way I made the very same decision. People are failing to understand that its not a necessity to have the legendary items now at this stage in the game.

Archived