Increase of Draken Necklace and Ring Drop Rate is Needed

Richwilson

I hope I don't make myself sound like a crybaby, but let's be real here. The RNG for the draken necklace and ring drop rate suck! Even after the "boost", they're still really hard to get. Now, it's been a while since Desolate Tomb was released, and most if not all of the p2progressquicker players and many of the f2p players have got them. Although, some of the players, including me have been having terrible RNG with the drop. Why not increase the drop rate MORE or A LOT MORE?

Okay, some of you might say "FARM MORE!" Here's my answer: "I don't have the same amount of time like you to farm only deso tomb. There are other stuffs to farm as well (challenger SS which has terrible drop rate from chests as well, AND elder SS which requires a quite amount of battlepoints to get the SUB-stats that you desire, radiant energies, ornaments, etc.)."

Therefore, for people who agree with increasing the drop rate EVEN MORE, please reply "Yes" on this thread; for people who already got theirs, let's be professional and not talk crap about people who haven't got theirs.

Thank you and have a great day.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Richwilson said:

I hope I don't make myself sound like a crybaby

Not trying to be offensive but having this as your first post doesn't help you much.

My next comment/question; why the rush?

Not having this necklace will not hinder you or anyone else from current dungeons/gameplay.

Not seeing it hindering you from doing future content either.

I see it as, you have to make time for yourself to actually farm the legendary accessories. RNG will be RNG, it may take 1 run or it may take 100 runs. If you want to focus on getting Challenger pieces, Elder pieces or do other things then be my guest and do those other things but don't request for something to be made even easier to get when, 1. it's a luxury right now to have, 2. there's no rush in getting it.

Instead of asking for an easier time you should get your ducks in order. If you really want and need the legendary accessories then put that as top priority for a while, do only those dungeon runs to farm for the drop when you have time. If it's something that you feel as though can wait(which should be most cases) then go off to do the other things you've listed.

1 hour ago, Zuzu said:

Not trying to be offensive but having this as your first post doesn't help you much.

So people with first post won't get help much, huh? What kinda discrimination is that? LOL. I just never reply, but I read the posts.. I've got no time to reply for "each" section. You must be proud with your 905 posts. I'm proud of you too :)

1 hour ago, Zuzu said:

My next comment/question; why the rush?

Not having this necklace will not hinder you or anyone else from current dungeons/gameplay.

Not seeing it hindering you from doing future content either.

It's not a rush. It's been out for 1 month+, how is that a rush? I didn't farm deso at all when it's first released and started doing so when they said they "boosted" the drop rate. Also with the gameplay you mentioned, people with complete set of the legendary accs will have an upper hand in owpvp whether they're bad or good compared to people with 0 legendary acc.

1 hour ago, Zuzu said:

I see it as, you have to make time for yourself to actually farm the legendary accessories. RNG will be RNG, it may take 1 run or it may take 100 runs. If you want to focus on getting Challenger pieces, Elder pieces or do other things then be my guest and do those other things but don't request for something to be made even easier to get when, 1. it's a luxury right now to have, 2. there's no rush in getting it.

How is it a luxury right now when you can see 4~5 people with the accs in a party out of 6 people, and the bid doesn't go above 800g very often??? Before people bid up to 2k+, now that's a luxury. Furthermore, let's not talk about luxury cause your definition of "luxury" can be different for others.

1 hour ago, Zuzu said:

Instead of asking for an easier time you should get your ducks in order. If you really want and need the legendary accessories then put that as top priority for a while, do only those dungeon runs to farm for the drop when you have time. If it's something that you feel as though can wait(which should be most cases) then go off to do the other things you've listed.

I listed those things just to make you realize that there's a lot of things to farm and not just the draken accs. I don't even have time to farm ornaments and/or radiant energy atm. I farm ToI and desolate tomb whenever I have time, as you already know the drop rate for the tower SS pieces also suck. Also, if you haven't noticed, they made the bots in ToI a bit smarter with this patch, so hooray, more time needed to farm, right? :)

I do agree with the OP because one of the main draws of this game when I started this game was it seemed like everyone could get the best gear eventually through upgrading with materials you can either farm or buy from the market. The actual weapon or accessories used to upgrade your equipment wasn't too difficult to get.

Why couldn't we just upgrade our existing neck and ring for these legendary ones? Why introduce an entirely new drop that hardly ever drops at all for some groups when we could have had a material we farmed for to earn it, rather than rely entirely on RNG?

NCSoft, powered by RNG, from games to customer support.

I guess they will eventually make it easier to get the ring/neck/whatever. However, they would only do that when they feel comfortable enough to move the players' grind motivation away from Desolate Tomb/Ebondrake Citadel to somewhere else. Of course, with a new RNG too.

@Zuzu Just because you posted almost a thousand times, does not mean you are more priority than the rest. OP is obviously not an active forum user but he made his first thread about what he feels an ongoing issue. 

Back to the topic. I am aware that they have already increased the drop rate of the Draken Necklace. Is it enough? In my opinion, I don't think so. It still feels like there wasn't a change. I have the neck and ring legendary but I still feel like they should increase it a bit more for others.

3 hours ago, Richwilson said:

So people with first post won't get help much, huh? What kinda discrimination is that? LOL. I just never reply, but I read the posts.. I've got no time to reply for "each" section. You must be proud with your 905 posts. I'm proud of you too :)

21 minutes ago, Yochewy said:

@Zuzu Just because you posted almost a thousand times, does not mean you are more priority than the rest. OP is obviously not an active forum user but he made his first thread about what he feels an ongoing issue.

I'm sorry but where did I ever say or mention I had more priority over him just because of my post count? My goodness I don't see how you two comprehended what I said into me thinking I am better than the OP because I have more posts.

But since you two comprehended it wrong I'll explain it to you: if you go back to what I actually quoted, I quoted him saying that he hope he doesnt sound like a crybaby with making this thread. I merely said that this being his first post, it wouldn't help him much; meaning his first post being, what seemingly looks like a complaint thread, wouldn't help him much to not look like a crybaby.

It's not a rush. It's been out for 1 month+, how is that a rush? I didn't farm deso at all when it's first released and started doing so when they said they "boosted" the drop rate. Also with the gameplay you mentioned, people with complete set of the legendary accs will have an upper hand in owpvp whether they're bad or good compared to people with 0 legendary acc

It's rushing if you're already asking for a higher drop rate than what it is already since you haven't gotten any of the accessories yet.

It's RNG. Even if they boosted it more it can still not fall in your favor and make it look like they still haven't done anything.

And people having Legendary accessories in OWpvp doesn't make them unkillable though. They may do some more damage but if you're geared properly then it shouldn't be too huge of a difference.

How is it a luxury right now when you can see 4~5 people with the accs in a party out of 6 people, and the bid doesn't go above 800g very often??? Before people bid up to 2k+, now that's a luxury. Furthermore, let's not talk about luxury cause your definition of "luxury" can be different for others.

My meaning of luxury is that it's not needed for current content. It's not hindering you from playing or doing anything in the game.

But you're right, we won't get into that since the definition varies among others.

I listed those things just to make you realize that there's a lot of things to farm and not just the draken accs. I don't even have time to farm ornaments and/or radiant energy atm. I farm ToI and desolate tomb whenever I have time, as you already know the drop rate for the tower SS pieces also suck. Also, if you haven't noticed, they made the bots in ToI a bit smarter with this patch, so hooray, more time needed to farm, right? :)

Yes, I do realize that there's many other things to do other than farming the Draken accessories. But I'm saying is that if you find it so important and needed to actually get the accessories, you'll make it your top priority and put everything else on the back burner until you get those accessories. Some people have done this or has done the opposite, worry about the other things they're farming for and focused on the accessories once everything else was completed. It's all about prioritizing.

1 hour ago, Lunakitty said:

Petitions are not allowed on forums, just warning you dude. Maybe change your topic under different name?

Ohh u're giving me a warning.. LOL, i see.. I contacted their support and suggested them to increase the drop rate more, and they said there's forums for it that developers check frequently. So here I am making a petition. If many people agree with it, then they will probably do so. So why not?

58 minutes ago, Zuzu said:

I'm sorry but where did I ever say or mention I had more priority over him just because of my post count? My goodness I don't see how you two comprehended what I said into me thinking I am better than the OP because I have more posts.

But since you two comprehended it wrong I'll explain it to you: if you go back to what I actually quoted, I quoted him saying that he hope he doesnt sound like a crybaby with making this thread. I merely said that this being his first post, it wouldn't help him much; meaning his first post being, what seemingly looks like a complaint thread, wouldn't help him much to not look like a crybaby.

You might not sound like you're belittling others with a few posts, but others might think or interpret differently. It's cool, drop this "crybaby" matter. Yes, I am complaining, but it doesn't mean im being a crybaby. Have you ever complained to your professors, parents, STORE/RESTAURANT OWNERS before? Are you being or trying to be a crybaby by doing so? No.

It's rushing if you're already asking for a higher drop rate than what it is already since you haven't gotten any of the accessories yet.

It's RNG. Even if they boosted it more it can still not fall in your favor and make it look like they still haven't done anything.

And people having Legendary accessories in OWpvp doesn't make them unkillable though. They may do some more damage but if you're geared properly then it shouldn't be too huge of a difference.

LOL ok.. Have you checked me on F2 if you're actually playing Blade and Soul in NA server? it's the same as my name here.. Please double check before you say stuff like "... since you haven't gotten any of the accessories yet." I got a legendary ring, I do OWPVP often and I'm ranked 21 for Beluga Lagoon atm. I can clearly tell the difference when I do 6v6 even with just 1 legendary acc, compared to my Soul Fighter with 0 legendary accs.
Futhermore, if you go higher in rank, people will most likely have at least the same level of gear or better than yours. Let's say you and your opponents have good legendary SS, they are also as good as you in pvp more or less, and they have a complete set of legendary accs  while you don't. It'll make a huge difference. We can make another thread and I'll be ready to argue with you about this if we really need to.

My meaning of luxury is that it's not needed for current content. It's not hindering you from playing or doing anything in the game.

But you're right, we won't get into that since the definition varies among others.

It is defnitely needed for current content if you're donig OWPVP. I'm not even whining about people who p2progressquicker on their sparkling gems or doing 1million Cold Storage reset to reach HM15 or having Galaxy Weapon Stage 3 on the first day Beluga was released. But deso is an already 1month+-old content, why not make it a bit more easier than the current state to get the legendary accs for f2p players???

Yes, I do realize that there's many other things to do other than farming the Draken accessories. But I'm saying is that if you find it so important and needed to actually get the accessories, you'll make it your top priority and put everything else on the back burner until you get those accessories. Some people have done this or has done the opposite, worry about the other things they're farming for and focused on the accessories once everything else was completed. It's all about prioritizing.

It's not about priority here. I'm talking about the RNG. You can prioritize farming necklace the whole day and still not see a single necklace dropped. Again, why not making it a bit more easier to obtain for f2p players?

PS: F2P players doesn't mean they only do PVE, there are many F2P players who like doing PVP, especially 6v6. Let's make it more fair for F2P players and make the game more entertaining.

37 minutes ago, Shukran said:

if u started doing desolate tomb AFTER patch, how many runs do u have?

ap?

I've done 95 or close to 100, only saw 2 necklaces. 1 in 4m and 1 in 6m. 741AP in PVE, and 727AP in OWPVP.

6 minutes ago, Richwilson said:

Ohh u're giving me a warning.. LOL, i see.. I contacted their support and suggested them to increase the drop rate more, and they said there's forums for it that developers check frequently. So here I am making a petition. If many people agree with it, then they will probably do so. So why not?

Not warning, just friendly tip before they close down the topic as discussion is allowed but not putting up petitions.

I totally agree.

In my 200+ runs I've seen 3 necklaces only... and when I see them there's always someone in my party who is going to bid for 2k gold or even more.

Rumor/rumour (?) says that the chance was 0.8% so they increased it to like 0.9% or 1% I believe. I can understand that it's "legendary" but come on... people who keep doing this dungeon deserve to get one.

It would be better if there would be an item from the dynamic quest, and when you collect 100 or 300 of them - you can trade them for a legendary item (100x Desolate = 100x Desolate piece etc.)

Posted before reading the wall of posts.

4 hours ago, Richwilson said:

I've done 95 or close to 100, only saw 2 necklaces. 1 in 4m and 1 in 6m. 741AP in PVE, and 727AP in OWPVP.

95 runs, you saw 2 necks and you are complaining?

For me it took 146 runs to see first neck drop and it went for 2.1k. I've seen ppl close to 300 runs without having neck.

RNG is a total *cricket* there, but you have no right to complain...

10 hours ago, Zuzu said:

do not try to communicate with these wannabe not crybabies, you will be always steamrolled by more of them who clearly don't understand what does the word 'legendary means ('but how it is legendary when some1 get it at 1st run for 100g bla bla bla'). I personally have 100+ tombs and 100+ citadels, saw one ring so far, but i couldn't care less. Sooner or later i'll get it. I bet they will add more ways to get it eventually anyway.

RNG here is a s**t.

I've seen first ring in 3rd run. Second one drop on 9th run and I've bought it. Third dropped on 10th run. Clannie saw and got his after 130 runs.

You have no guarantee that you will get it even after 1000 run. Its still possible to not get it, small, but always.

I really hope that they add it for achievement with proper price.

11 hours ago, Rog said:

95 runs, you saw 2 necks and you are complaining?

For me it took 146 runs to see first neck drop and it went for 2.1k. I've seen ppl close to 300 runs without having neck.

RNG is a total *cricket* there, but you have no right to complain...

Hey, if you got yours for 2.1k and u did 146 runs, yet you didn't complain, it's not my business. Now, when I'm complaining, you don't get to judge or tell me what to do (I have no right to complain). Who are you to judge people whether they have right or not? LOL.. You had the patience or willing to run 146 runs, ok, that's your problem, not mine. I honestly don't and I don't have that much time like you. Other people don't have much time and/or patience to run 146 runs+ to see one, and doesn't guarantee them to get it like you.

I'm just making this thread to help F2P players to get the legendary accs easier. It's been a while since they're released. Honestly, you sounded kinda pissed that you saw your neck on your 146th run and paid 2.1k for it, and you sounded like other people should only get theirs your way. Be nicer, and don't be a little a*shole and tell people they don't have right to complain. You aren't anybody here. Thanks.

6 hours ago, SilentOne said:

do not try to communicate with these wannabe not crybabies, you will be always steamrolled by more of them who clearly don't understand what does the word 'legendary means ('but how it is legendary when some1 get it at 1st run for 100g bla bla bla'). I personally have 100+ tombs and 100+ citadels, saw one ring so far, but i couldn't care less. Sooner or later i'll get it. I bet they will add more ways to get it eventually anyway.

Again, like my reply to Rogs, not everyone has the patience to farm and/or time. Some of the people just don't bother complaining, but they're actually pretty pissed with the RNG. I'm here to help them, myself, and YOU who apparently has done 100+ runs and hasn't got your legendary accs probably.

These topics are important because they show how the game can frustrate the player base.

When people get frustrated with a game they quit.

A dwindling player base doesn't benefit anyone.

Though as long as NCsoft west continues to increase their profits each quarter they can ignore topics like this. (Those quarterly reports looking good NCsoft west?)

Personally my view is that the dungeons are mechanic heavy and hard to learn, that should be the barrier to legendary necklace and ring. Adding a further barrier of RNG is pretty shitty.

Ive said it before, that if you have a static of 4 or 6 people and grind these dungeons together, imagine doing 120 runs together and not seeing a necklace...

Thats more than 480-720 runs you would have to do as a group to get your whole party the necklace. Do you think those people would continue to play the game?

Obviously you could do 4 runs and see 4 necklaces or 4 rings, however its also possible someone could do 400 and see nothing.

The excuse of its Legendary and it should be rare is a terrible one.

My weapon is Legendary, my pet is Legendary and my soulshield is Legendary and all can be gotten with out any real frustration.

That's the key word here, stop frustrating your player base.

Same can be said about those who have earned it. As more people begin to complain and trust me their are more vs those who have put forth the effort in earning it. Player base only wants a free ticket. When the inflation of the item is abused so in turn is the value as well as the level of care to discuss these hand-out topics that depreciates the value of level towards concern of such. Pride is no longer of value because the apparent majority thinks this is better when its not. I sure as hell do treasure the merit and strife put in to obtain a Legendary but now a days you only want to reap the rewards.

Let's destroy the value together so everyone may get a Legendary so when we all see that we are wearing Legendary we find something better to *cricket* on.

I am too  Player Based just not on the same page. This really reminds me of a Willy-Wonka Story of the spoils of everyone except for those humble ones which are rare. I guess when you get everything you want the value of even those that think like me become worthless and so in turn will become this game if your demands are fully taken advantage of. That coming from someone who can say I love this game just the way it is but not the way people make it become. 

6 minutes ago, NightWish said:

Same can be said about those who have earned it. As more people begin to complain and trust me their are more vs those who have put forth the effort in earning it. Player base only wants a free ticket. When the inflation of the item is abused so in turn is the value as well as the level of care to discuss these hand-out topics that depreciates the value of level towards concern of such. Pride is no longer of value because the apparent majority thinks this is better when its not. I sure as hell do treasure the merit and strife put in to obtain a Legendary but now a days you only want to reap the rewards.

Let's destroy the value together so everyone may get a Legendary so when we all see that we are wearing Legendary we find something better to *cricket* on.

I am too  Player Based just not on the same page. This really reminds me of a Willy-Wonka Story of the spoils of everyone except for those humble ones which are rare. I guess when you get everything you want the value of even those that think like me become worthless and so in turn will become this game if your demands are fully taken advantage of. That coming from someone who can say I love this game just the way it is but not the way people make it become. 

do you know that sooner ro later they will put legendaries in a trove as they did with everything in the past?

the ones who earned got BEFORE others the luxury, and got advantage from it sooner.

also, about BID: who cares , i go guild runs and we pay 100g each time.

I heard rumors but not the driving of nails to the coffin yet. Thank you for that advice Shukran its certainly a vicious cycle. Sigh, I just wanted to have something dear to hold on that you can feel some sort of level of worth but even that is too much.... =/ don't mind me I'll just kick some more RNG rocks and be on my way and not let the door hit me on my way to another soon to be fabled Legendary as all good things must come to an end. * Sad face*

Archived