You should be able to see who you blocked in lobby

Susumimi

Why can you not access friend/block list in server lobby? This doesn't make any sense.

If it's too hard to allow us to access friend/block list in lobby, how about at least display that block symbol next to the names of people who we've blocked? Not everyone can memorize all 50 names of people they blocked, if you can, then you should go participate in a memory contest. This game has a very health supply of trolls and idiots, it's a major inconvenience not only to myself but to other players in the party if I actually have to go into the dungeon to see who has been blocked, because that means everyone who leaves needs to go through like another 2 loading screens to get back to lobby and search again. If we can see block symbols in lobby, then kicks can happen instantly.

Obviously this won't work in LFG, but here's a better idea... how about not letting us queue in same party with people on our block list to begin with?? Especially arena mode... ending up in same team as bots is NOT FUN. Is this rocket science? I mean people are on our block list for a reason, why would they still appear in our parties??

• NCSOFT

Hello,

While the first suggestion about being able to see who you blocked (or see your list of blocked users) while in a Lobby is definitely something that might be done, the rest however (making sure you aren't queued with people you blocked) isn't really possible for several reasons.

First to be useful the list of blocked players from all potential party members should be taken in consideration. So in 3vs3 that would mean excluding up to 150 players. (Each member has their own 50 players block list). In dungeons this would be even worse. It would considerably increase matchmaking time.

But that's not all. Let's say you block me, all right I cannot be matched with you, but why should I also be prevented to be matched with the two other players who didn't block me? You see how flawed this logic is. Blocking/Unblocking can be done at will and instantly, so this could be used to grief others. Some players could find themselves virtually be unable to queue anywhere just because they were blocked by some others (rightfully or not, there's no way to verify that.) Players aren't judges and aren't the ones deciding on who should or shouldn't be allowed to queue. If you want to be the judge on who is joining your party, make it manually and as a leader you will choose who to invite or not.

So my best advice would be: don't exclude, include. Instead of wanting to exclude all potential bad players (which is an endless fight), focus on getting couple friends and trustworthy players you can enjoy the game with. Keep a white list instead of a black list. Remember good players you meet (especially on your server), keep in touch and run content with them. This is a healthier approach than trying to constantly remove players you do not like.

20 hours ago, Susumimi said:

This game has a very health supply of trolls and idiots, it's a major inconvenience not only to myself but to other players in the party if I actually have to go into the dungeon to see who has been blocked, because that means everyone who leaves needs to go through like another 2 loading screens to get back to lobby and search again. If we can see block symbols in lobby, then kicks can happen instantly.

Couldn't agree more.  This game does nothing to prevent trolling behavior and AFKing through a dungeon and still getting credit.  There absolutely should be a way to prevent toxic players from being in your party.  If you are toxic, you should have trouble getting groups so perhaps you are forced to re-evaluate your behavior.  You certainly should be able to pick who you party with, even in F8 and not seeing blocked players until you are already in the ready up zone is silly.

18 minutes ago, Youmukon said:

Let's say you block me, all right I cannot be matched with you, but why should I also be prevented to be matched with the two other players who didn't block me? You see how flawed this logic is.

Blocking/Unblocking can be done at will and instantly, so this could be used to grief others. Some players could find themselves virtually be unable to queue anywhere just because they were blocked by some others (rightfully or not, there's no way to verify that.) Players aren't judges and aren't the ones deciding on who should or shouldn't be allowed to queue. If you want to be the judge on who is joining your party, make it manually and as a leader you will choose who to invite or not.

So my best advice would be: don't exclude, include. Instead of wanting to exclude all potential bad players (which is an endless fight), focus on getting couple friends and trustworthy players you can enjoy the game with. Keep a white list instead of a black list. Remember good players you meet (especially on your server), keep in touch and run content with them. This is a healthier approach than trying to constantly remove players you do not like.

You must either live in a world filled with unicorns or don't play much in group.  Toxic players being allowed to ruin the experience of other players at will is the problem.  Not being able to keep them out of parties is the problem.  Players being allowed to be toxic with impunity is the problem.  Being able to give a small amount of control to your players is a solution.  You see a leader in your party you flagged for firewall killing or making ridiculous loot rules, you can leave.  You get 2 AFK bots in your party you know won't contribute and will cause your run  to fail you can kick them and include players who will.  YOU, NC, gave players the power to be toxic, you should also give the players the power to protect themselves from this.  Your suggestion of being inclusive sounds good on paper but quite often you can't create a full party with who you have available at the moment and need to rely on the system.  The system is flawed and although there is potential for abuse should the requested changes be made, there already is rampant abuse and it gets worse every day that NC stands by and does nothing to fix it.  At the very least you should be able to see a blocked player in the queue and not have to wait until the ready up room or the dungeon where you have then lost the power to kick them and simply have to leave and try again hoping the system doesn't put you back with more players who ruin the experience (or more often that very same party).

3 hours ago, Youmukon said:

If you want to be the judge on who is joining your party, make it manually and as a leader you will choose who to invite or not.

Then make it so that when im leader people i have blocked cant see my announcements. Yes you can kick out (in lobby), but are you aware you have NO COOLDOWN to re join a party, even after getting kicked out from it? So they can just spam join? (talking about F8 cross server recruitment, where you dont have to accept people joining your party, they freely can). So sure, i can kick them out, but they can re join as fast as i kick them which is something ive expirienced several times.

3 hours ago, Youmukon said:

So in 3vs3 that would mean excluding up to 150 players. (Each member has their own 50 players block list). In dungeons this would be even worse. It would considerably increase matchmaking time.

I rather have a longer matchmaking time that get queued 3 times in a row with the same 2 afk people in tag matches.

1 hour ago, Unicorns said:

Then make it so that when im leader people i have blocked cant see my announcements. Yes you can kick out (in lobby), but are you aware you have NO COOLDOWN to re join a party, even after getting kicked out from it? So they can just spam join? (talking about F8 cross server recruitment, where you dont have to accept people joining your party, they freely can). So sure, i can kick them out, but they can re join as fast as i kick them which is something ive expirienced several times.

I rather have a longer matchmaking time that get queued 3 times in a row with the same 2 afk people in tag matches.

I also agree there should be some type of limit to rejoin the same lobby group if you are kicked, Whats the point of kicking someone if they are just going 2 spam rejoin over and over to annoy you. 

I disagree on the longer matchmaking for the sake of not letting people you have blocked in your party.... that is like getting rid of one problem and starting another, it fixes nothing and I dont think anyone is going to enjoy waiting 5 or 10+ min to find a group......

+1 to be able to see an icon on someone in lobby if you have blocked them, and....

please ncsoft if you do decide to do something like this, dont mess it up like the 6v6 kick, please do it right. 

5 hours ago, Randomonium said:

You see a leader in your party you flagged for firewall killing or making ridiculous loot rules, you can leave.  You get 2 AFK bots in your party you know won't contribute and will cause your run  to fail you can kick them and include players who will.

That would be great!

The impossibility to leave a queu if you're no the leader is maddening! Why can't I leave I group I'm not comfortable with? or maybe the leader is waiting 10 minute to click "enter dungeon"... why I'm only allowed to leave the game?

Also, when you have a bot or afk (specialy if it have lead) you gotta get inside, do some part of the dungeon to realise you'll either have to finsh the run without a full group, or leave and try again...

We all know the queu system in BnS is the worst seen in the market, but there are those particularities above could and should be improved.

7 hours ago, Youmukon said:

But that's not all. Let's say you block me, all right I cannot be matched with you, but why should I also be prevented to be matched with the two other players who didn't block me? You see how flawed this logic is. Blocking/Unblocking can be done at will and instantly, so this could be used to grief others. Some players could find themselves virtually be unable to queue anywhere just because they were blocked by some others (rightfully or not, there's no way to verify that.) Players aren't judges and aren't the ones deciding on who should or shouldn't be allowed to queue. If you want to be the judge on who is joining your party, make it manually and as a leader you will choose who to invite or not.

Majority of the time, we block other players in dungeon because they either afk/leech during the run or have bad mouthing at other players. I don't think anyone would object it if they have longer quene time in dungeon F8. Also, majority of the time now, I rely on the register tab in F8 because there is less chance to have a leecher/afker. Well, recently there are more of these players joining in dungeons posted in register tab as well. I have encountered few of them in last week. (They are not only afking, but they leech on purpose! For example, in Nexus, the leecher stayed at the entrance for the whole time until we killed first boss. Then, when we reached second boss in 2nd floor, I saw that leecher moved to the entrance in 2nd floor. Also, he left immediately after we finished the last boss as well. For this whole dungeon, we cannot do anything about this leecher. We can't kick him or anything. We form the party again? It means that we have to start from the beginning just because of this leecher? Report him? Any use at all?)

In term of F9, I also don't see why people will block other people unless the players are being bad-ass and shouting at other players. If they blocked other players because they think they lost a tag match because of them, that's fine. They will just have longer quene time.

For your last point, not everyone can play this game at the same time or run the dungeon at the same time. We are all busy in real life and possibly in different time zone as well. Also, we can't whisper other people in other servers as well, which mean we have to form our own party within our own server. To be honest, 99% of the players run dungeons in F8 with people from other server nowadays. Even though we want to run with some of these players, there are no way to contact them unless we make new characters in their server.

6 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

In term of F9, I also don't see why people will block other people unless the players are being bad-ass and shouting at other players. If they blocked other players because they think they lost a tag match because of them, that's fine. They will just have longer quene time.

One word, bots (or people afking on purpose just to get carried, even though this results in 90% lose chance...).

75% of my 3v3 matches are with 1 or more bots on my team.

I know NCS tried to solve the 3v3 bot problem by forcing you to win a match, instead of only participating in 3, for daily reward. However, it obviously didn't work, because people still afk/bot in there hoping they'll eventually end up in an OP party that will win anyways.

6 minutes ago, Susumimi said:

One word, bots (or people afking on purpose just to get carried, even though this results in 90% lose chance...).

75% of my 3v3 matches are with 1 or more bots on my team.

I know NCS tried to solve the 3v3 bot problem by forcing you to win a match, instead of only participating in 3, for daily reward. However, it obviously didn't work, because people still afk/bot in there hoping they'll eventually end up in an OP party that will win anyways.

In 3v3, if you don't like bots, don't ever use "lfp or quene" button. Always ask for other active players to join your lobby room for 3v3 in the region chat before you start to quene for a match-up. This way you won't get an afker or bot. At least I haven't encountered once.

7 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

In 3v3, if you don't like bots, don't ever use "lfp or quene" button. Always ask for other active players to join your lobby room for 3v3 in the region chat before you start to quene for a match-up. This way you won't get an afker or bot. At least I haven't encountered once.

I have trouble with those party announcements in lobby because:

• I'm never higher than bronze (never play  pvp unless it's my very very very last resort... e.g. either wait 2 hours for Kairam or pvp, I'll choose pvp), usually get kicked
  • My alt is only HM5 and of course bronze, usually gets kicked

Which is why I just LFG to get it over with.

5 minutes ago, Susumimi said:

I have trouble with those party announcements in lobby because:

• I'm never higher than bronze (never play  pvp unless it's my very very very last resort... e.g. either wait 2 hours for Kairam or pvp, I'll choose pvp), usually get kicked
  • My alt is only HM5 and of course bronze, usually gets kicked

Which is why I just LFG to get it over with.

You only need 3-4 wins to get into silver rank. I wonder how you can stay in Bronze rank (Although I want to stay in bronze rank as well).

I usually don't care about rank or HM as long as they are not below HM2 because they just don't have enough skill points to do proper pvp yet. Also, nowadays, it is very easy to level above HM2. 

You can host your own party so that you won't get kicked. Just specify that you want to do dailies only. I believe other silver or bronze players will join yours for sure. However, it may take some times depending on your time zone because 3v3 is not active all the time, especially not dc days.

If you want to do quick 3v3, then just lfp, but you should expect 99% losses because of the bots.

53 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

You only need 3-4 wins to get into silver rank. I wonder how you can stay in Bronze rank (Although I want to stay in bronze rank as well).

I usually don't care about rank or HM as long as they are not below HM2 because they just don't have enough skill points to do proper pvp yet. Also, nowadays, it is very easy to level above HM2. 

You can host your own party so that you won't get kicked. Just specify that you want to do dailies only. I believe other silver or bronze players will join yours for sure. However, it may take some times depending on your time zone because 3v3 is not active all the time, especially not dc days.

If you want to do quick 3v3, then just lfp, but you should expect 99% losses because of the bots.

Lol simple, I usually go through 3-5 losses before winning one time, thanks to bots, that resets me back at 1300. Also I'm a terrible PvP player anyways since I have high ping and no interest in it.

I don't like the pressure of hosting a party in something I'm not good at. Then I have to go through the usual insults of "why bother hosting a 3v3 if you suck at it".

19 hours ago, Youmukon said:

except we cannot whisper players from other servers. it is a good idea, but the execution is nearly impossible. I mostly run instances via f8 and these people are from other servers.

On 9/27/2016 at 4:28 PM, Susumimi said:

Lol simple, I usually go through 3-5 losses before winning one time, thanks to bots, that resets me back at 1300. Also I'm a terrible PvP player anyways since I have high ping and no interest in it.

I don't like the pressure of hosting a party in something I'm not good at. Then I have to go through the usual insults of "why bother hosting a 3v3 if you suck at it".

Ya, there are so many bad-mouthing or stuck up players in this game, specially in F9. So, just ignore them. Just specify that you are bronze player and want to do daily with the room# in the chat. Then, people who joined your party won't mind even if they lose.

Archived