Is bns still alive?

Mingt92

6 hours ago, Shukran said:

not demagogy pls.

i want actual screenshots or statistics that show bns population decreas.

the only thing i can think about "bns dieing" is that some servers can be less populated than others because new server. im on windrest EU which was the most populated EU serve since beginning and it is still full.  i dont deny that players left and came. but a dieing game is something we didnt see yet. tera, aion, rift are dead games, but players still play them...so what?

Instead of asking me for a picture (which I highly believe if I provide one you'd just say I doctored it) look with your own two eyeballs and use that tissue in your head called a brain and use logic and rationale to see the game is dying I assure it wont take much to see. Tera is in no way a dying game it still would kick bns's butt to hell and back in player loyalty and population any day of the week. 

11 hours ago, ChocolateGod said:

you think that cuz your level 48 and a scrub sitting in hogshed hamlet or w/e in moonwater plains, get tf to zaiwei or jadestone village where people actually go and afk or conversate/do dungeons

lol with that argument, you're basically claiming that games like The Secret World and DCUO are still active

5 hours ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

Instead of asking me for a picture (which I highly believe if I provide one you'd just say I doctored it) look with your own two eyeballs and use that tissue in your head called a brain and use logic and rationale to see the game is dying I assure it wont take much to see. Tera is in no way a dying game it still would kick bns's butt to hell and back in player loyalty and population any day of the week. 

funny. i play every day and i SEE game is full of players. probably because i am endgame equip. but i asked you to provide some real data and u deny.

u say that tera kicks bns , ok. it seems we have a different view of what DIE means, because if u consider tera alive, bns should be the most played game after wow, in comparison. but i already understood this conversation is already finished. along with your accusations. have fun

LOL I play tera and bns....and in all honesty bns seems more alive than tera with their server merges xD

Anyway....

The game is pretty much very alive, i see new players asking questions and seeking advice / help in faction chat every day.

NC is making positive changes which again makes players play it and return

Did you see all the "I am coming back" threads in the forum? Or were you too busy looking for empty spots in the game to say "the game is dying".

19 hours ago, Shukran said:

except dungeons every single story content can be done alone. should be done alone. because that way u can get a rythm about what u want to do , how u want to do and when u want to do.

it is arrogant and stupid claiming a game is dead when u see forum is ful of threads that are updated hourly.

noone bother about lowbies that do story. 

do u want to see where the population is? press F8. go zaiwei. go jadestone village near endgame dungeons.  hamlet is just a low level storage town. nothing more.

I absolutely hope you're right. But there are the occasional threads about NA is dying/player population decreasing. I cant help but be concerned. 

10 hours ago, Lorcanne said:

I hardly see most of my clan members online anymore. People just get burned out. I know I am right now. After finally getting my weapon upgraded. You get tired of it. There is still a lot of grind to the game in that respect, which adds fun but you have to be in the mood to do all that. People have real life commitments, they lose interest in having to grind for 200-400 of such-and-such item, the novelty wears off.  It's a bit of a drag to level a new character, and hardly see anyone around in any region up until Zaiwei. That being said, I don't think it's "dead",per se. I see "dead" as being a game that shuts down eventually and I do not see that happening with this game. And, to be frank, people say that about every game that comes out. It's not even a week and here comes the "welp game's dead rip" comments. They said that about Aion, and Acheage, now BDO because people are moaning that it's gone P2W, literally nothing any game can do to keep people from saying it died or whatever.  It always comes up. You could have a billion players on every server at the same time, and still somebody will say it's dead. Now Revelation Online is coming out, there is hype for that, but give it a couple months after it comes out. Then they'll be calling that "dead" too x) 

Oh yeah, good point, forgot to mention: They're all at Mushin's Tower XD

I totally agree with the general player propensity to pessimism. I also wanted to share that I'm in the same boat as you. When you've reached a gear endpoint where going beyond would be excess for any content, you're just kind of like...what now? I'm now gravitating to enjoying more playtime with guild members rather than gearing cus thats a draw in for me. I also enjoy playing alts. 

Also this is just my personality. I'm not blaming the game cus it simply is what it is and a product of classical grind design. Its just the NA players seem obsessed with AP that I felt like getting to 650. Still have 7 ap to go on that but from my experiences in tw, you pretty much will not need more than that. Yes ppl do need legendary equips for harder content but I don't think the ceiling is at 800 or 750. Though correct me if I'm wrong. 

15 minutes ago, RyuueLaview said:

I absolutely hope you're right. But there are the occasional threads about NA is dying/player population decreasing. I cant help but be concerned. 

WELL THEN. CONSIDERING  that forum is NA/EU mixed, probably would be helpfull if instead of claiming random stuff, users could use proper tags to help others to understand their PoV. im EU and i got no problems, but it could be a certain server who needs help..

1 hour ago, Shukran said:

WELL THEN. CONSIDERING  that forum is NA/EU mixed, probably would be helpfull if instead of claiming random stuff, users could use proper tags to help others to understand their PoV. im EU and i got no problems, but it could be a certain server who needs help..

Correct. Starfall Crater's group merge is buzzing with a shit tone of toons at mushin's tower among other places. 

As for bns dying well yea, its dying but it isn't dead that will probably take a while as well as it may not. I'm not going to sit here and pretend it isnt dying, pretend that my discord chat for clan isn't dormant, pretend that it doesnt take more and more time to lfp as the months go by because thats whats happening.

Thing is, I'm just enjoying the game either till it goes bust or I get totally fed up of it. The latter may happen sooner than the former and if thats the case so be it.

11 hours ago, Shukran said:

funny. i play every day and i SEE game is full of players. probably because i am endgame equip. but i asked you to provide some real data and u deny.

u say that tera kicks bns , ok. it seems we have a different view of what DIE means, because if u consider tera alive, bns should be the most played game after wow, in comparison. but i already understood this conversation is already finished. along with your accusations. have fun

You fail to mention of the oyriad of people you claim to see the max population each channel holds is about 50 at max and you're using that as you main point, that flimsy excuse "zomg I see people all the time" well no duh you would see some people in a mmo that released this year, I'd be really concerned if there weren't. It is very dishonest to ask someone you know full well its near impossible for me to provide BNS data, I can't get BNS traffic data or their financials to show their decline in sales. You said you would consider bns dead when you can't find a party in 20 mins, or forum posts updated hourly. Are you saying you can't find a dungeon in tera in 20 mins because I just joined a week ago and I find one every 5 mins and find legitimate new people and not ALTS, they're also a hell a lot better than BNS in terms of kindness and population. I went to an outskirt city somewhere off in the boonies it still full.  Its clear you are biased for BNS this poor fledgling population can never hold a candle to tera not to say I have bias I say with my own two eyes the sheer brilliance that is tera, I actually feel appreciated by the game and when  I lvl up my gear its and easy flow instead of "its about time feeling". Yeah this convo is finished you clearly are biased and refuse to listen to other people, this is why I resonate with the community.  

10 hours ago, Grimoir said:

LOL I play tera and bns....and in all honesty bns seems more alive than tera with their server merges xD

Anyway....

The game is pretty much very alive, i see new players asking questions and seeking advice / help in faction chat every day.

NC is making positive changes which again makes players play it and return

Did you see all the "I am coming back" threads in the forum? Or were you too busy looking for empty spots in the game to say "the game is dying".

Coming from the guy who berated RO before it even came out, Its laughable for you to form an opinion being so biased as you are for bns. Also your conspiracy theory of people are trading wins in pvp when that is physically impossible to do disqualifies any statement from you really. Dying= still alive but not doing so hot, or in simple terms getting there but not yet. Yes those 5 or so people asking for help amongst the many others who voice their displeasure with the game and whom most of your 1750+ post have been targeted at (looked through recent posts on your pro, you've been a busy little bee haven't you). Yes Nc is making changes and are moving in the right direction and if they continue it won't be a dying game anymore. I was busy with life,work etc but the is it okay to come back? (I'm coming back) yeah I have seen them and have noticed you trying to persuade people with dishonesty to come back to game. Quite frankly you need to stop telling people half truths about the game either the game is gonna stand on its own or it dies on it own it doesn't need you selling dreams to people. But I digress time will tell if bns will fix it problems or not. 

33 minutes ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

Also your conspiracy theory of people are trading wins in pvp when that is physically impossible to do disqualifies any statement from you really. 

Okay now I have to comment on this win trade thing that is 100 % truth and not a conspiracy theory as I know people who did it but instead of win trade they call it "boosting in pvp". Reason why I know this is because they kept bragging and telling "do you think I would be in diamond rank without it?". You just simply need to do it at during times when the queue times are super long normally. Seems like you spend too much time on forums to even know such basic thing about BnS pvpers.

Confirmed. win trading is 100% a thing.

ask anyone that still f9's

38 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

Okay now I have to comment on this win trade thing that is 100 % truth and not a conspiracy theory as I know people who did it but instead of win trade they call it "boosting in pvp". Reason why I know this is because they kept bragging and telling "do you think I would be in diamond rank without it?". You just simply need to do it at during times when the queue times are super long normally. Seems like you spend too much time on forums to even know such basic thing about BnS pvpers.

11 hours ago, K4t said:

Correct. Starfall Crater's group merge is buzzing with a shit tone of toons at mushin's tower among other places. 

As for bns dying well yea, its dying but it isn't dead that will probably take a while as well as it may not. I'm not going to sit here and pretend it isnt dying, pretend that my discord chat for clan isn't dormant, pretend that it doesnt take more and more time to lfp as the months go by because thats whats happening.

Thing is, I'm just enjoying the game either till it goes bust or I get totally fed up of it. The latter may happen sooner than the former and if thats the case so be it.

It only hurts knowing I raised my wl baby to stats I never knew I could achieve. And it really hurts knowing I spent close to 1k $ ×.× i quit spending. I am now a farmer. 

9 hours ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

Coming from the guy who berated RO before it even came out, Its laughable for you to form an opinion being so biased as you are for bns. Also your conspiracy theory of people are trading wins in pvp when that is physically impossible to do disqualifies any statement from you really. Dying= still alive but not doing so hot, or in simple terms getting there but not yet. Yes those 5 or so people asking for help amongst the many others who voice their displeasure with the game and whom most of your 1750+ post have been targeted at (looked through recent posts on your pro, you've been a busy little bee haven't you). Yes Nc is making changes and are moving in the right direction and if they continue it won't be a dying game anymore. I was busy with life,work etc but the is it okay to come back? (I'm coming back) yeah I have seen them and have noticed you trying to persuade people with dishonesty to come back to game. Quite frankly you need to stop telling people half truths about the game either the game is gonna stand on its own or it dies on it own it doesn't need you selling dreams to people. But I digress time will tell if bns will fix it problems or not. 

I Think you missunderstand heavily. I still enjoy tera very much as it has aspects which bns is missing, same goes for bns, and revelation has also its good sides but also bad. I berated RO because i play it actively on the chinese server hence long and behold i actually know what the game has to offer.

Personally i think asking "Is it worth coming back?" is the dumbest question you can ask because you will always get subjective answers. The best way to answer your own question is to just come back, play a few days and decide for yourself, dont expect others to make a decision for you if you should play or not. Is like asking a stranger on the streeet if you should move to a different town or stay where you are.

And players are trading wins in pvp if you look closer at the rankings you will notice it. And in all fairness, bns is doing fine, the only ones that leave are the whales who swiped their card, got BiS gear and now are bored because they have nothing to do. But guess what, in 1-2 months they will be back for a while again.

Also alone yesterday had 7 new players asking for help which i have helped run them thru certain content and explained a few things. So there are new players coming if you cannot see that and simply deny that fact then makes me wonder whos opinion here is biased? I simply speak my observations and that isnt dishonesty.

If you ask a question about coming back but are not willing to accept the opinions / observations of others then i would say do not come back. There are already players with an attitude as yours and we certainly do not need more.

Now again, just because you do not see people afking in a town or no activity via F7 on the server or in chat does not mean the game is dying.

As for the post count: i am usually at work for 8-12 hours every day so i tend to read forums and post. If you dont like that dont read em.

12 hours ago, RyuueLaview said:

It only hurts knowing I raised my wl baby to stats I never knew I could achieve. And it really hurts knowing I spent close to 1k $ ×.× i quit spending. I am now a farmer. 

Yea, that last part is why some players are in denial that the game is not dead but dying. Its so they can justify or keep justifying the money they've spent so far, or continue to keep spending on the game. Thing is, they dont have to justify it. If you see something you like and can afford it then go ahead and get it, you dont have to fool yourself into thinking you got it for a reason you very well know you didnt. Thats called buyer's remorse lol

On 9/16/2016 at 6:54 AM, K4t said:

Yea, that last part is why some players are in denial that the game is not dead but dying. Its so they can justify or keep justifying the money they've spent so far, or continue to keep spending on the game. Thing is, they dont have to justify it. If you see something you like and can afford it then go ahead and get it, you dont have to fool yourself into thinking you got it for a reason you very well know you didnt. Thats called buyer's remorse lol

Oh wow I learned a new concept heheh. Cool! I sure hope bns will retain some base population tho. I know plenty who r from the dojo alrdy know and accept the game design of bns and hav been playing on asian servers until they can get a native server to play on. I like bns for what it is and for what it always has been. I just hope this knowledge is more popular so it helps ppl really decide if they wish to continue to play or not. Then we kno if a game will be dead or not. 

It seems NA is losing players who had their expectations unmet. I actually dont recall seeing any grief threads comparing bns NA to bns cn/tw/jp. They all compare to other mmos. Usually upcoming ones. So that'ssomething to consider too if the game is losing true player base or passer by's. 

On 9/16/2016 at 2:10 AM, Grimoir said:

I Think you missunderstand heavily. I still enjoy tera very much as it has aspects which bns is missing, same goes for bns, and revelation has also its good sides but also bad. I berated RO because i play it actively on the chinese server hence long and behold i actually know what the game has to offer.

Personally i think asking "Is it worth coming back?" is the dumbest question you can ask because you will always get subjective answers. The best way to answer your own question is to just come back, play a few days and decide for yourself, dont expect others to make a decision for you if you should play or not. Is like asking a stranger on the streeet if you should move to a different town or stay where you are.

And players are trading wins in pvp if you look closer at the rankings you will notice it. And in all fairness, bns is doing fine, the only ones that leave are the whales who swiped their card, got BiS gear and now are bored because they have nothing to do. But guess what, in 1-2 months they will be back for a while again.

Also alone yesterday had 7 new players asking for help which i have helped run them thru certain content and explained a few things. So there are new players coming if you cannot see that and simply deny that fact then makes me wonder whos opinion here is biased? I simply speak my observations and that isnt dishonesty.

If you ask a question about coming back but are not willing to accept the opinions / observations of others then i would say do not come back. There are already players with an attitude as yours and we certainly do not need more.

Now again, just because you do not see people afking in a town or no activity via F7 on the server or in chat does not mean the game is dying.

As for the post count: i am usually at work for 8-12 hours every day so i tend to read forums and post. If you dont like that dont read em.

First off sorry for the wait I was busy with other stuff. You can still be biased to one game and still play others, its just you have an unfair view. I never said you didn't know what the game had to offer rather your own words condemn your opinion and subjective and not objective. No not really if you use the actual game and commonsense its pretty objective, I have no ill will to BNS I just dislike certain aspects that no right minded individual can ever view in a positive light. 

This conspiracy again, are you telling me that people are exploiting the game to get a high pvp score fully knowing the checks and balances in the game. First off how is me and my friend/ cohort supposed to get the same matching in PVP when all the matches are randomized, are they hacking into the system?, Secondly they took away sparing as an alternative to get a high pvp score efffectively killing pvp trading. Thirdly if they managed to get a random person to join up with their scheme how would they communicate? I can't see your name how can I know who you are? Last of all if you know they're using an exploit because thats what this is why haven't you reported and why hasn't bns taken action this is very serious charge against the high pvp people and it must be investigated. You say BNS is doing fine mind you in the previous sentence you just said players are using an exploit to win at pvp which is a BIG problem and you say its fine???. BNS is doing even more crappy than I thought, the whales are the only ones leaving lol, no the new and mid ranged people are leaving the high lvl ppl (offensive to call people whales) are there just sitting there with all this gear and nothing to use it on. Well yeah if I spent money on something I want to get its worth out of it before I go. 

This right here caused me to take my break that one claim, 

On 9/16/2016 at 2:10 AM, Grimoir said:

This is so much dishonesty its abhorrent but I must dissect everything so lets go.  Wow 7 people for one whole day you must be a superhero, tell me how many servers fused in to your server lets just give a number say altogether ya'll are 3 servers in one. Now out of three whole servers only seven people and how many of them were alts because people asking for help or are a low lvl doesn't necessarily mean new, so i'll give you the benefit of the doubt 4 out of the 7 were new that means 4 new people joined whenever. If I was a dev of a mmo that number would make me close up the game immediately that is appalling and pitiful, to even throw that number out makes my case that the game is dying without me even having to do anything. Yes I see that 4 people you help and woefully lacking and we need more players, to even use that in an argument shows your biased how in the hell is 4 people any good for the game. Also you misunderstood I didn't say there are no new people joining I said there are few new people joining which by your own admission I was right.  You observations are actually helping me prove my point please continue lol. I never asked a question about coming back and if I did it would be pointless cause all I would get is lies lies and more lies. You talking about my attitude really? I want to save this game because by your own admission it seems to me that this game is clearly dying. 

That actually does we need a continuous source of new people joining and if we have empty towns and no f7 action going on then most people are high lvls and we have a disproportionate player base and that needs to change we need bottom up not top bottom. I love your posts you make my arguments for me without me having to do much.

14 hours ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

First off sorry for the wait I was busy with other stuff. You can still be biased to one game and still play others, its just you have an unfair view. I never said you didn't know what the game had to offer rather your own words condemn your opinion and subjective and not objective. No not really if you use the actual game and commonsense its pretty objective, I have no ill will to BNS I just dislike certain aspects that no right minded individual can ever view in a positive light. 

This conspiracy again, are you telling me that people are exploiting the game to get a high pvp score fully knowing the checks and balances in the game. First off how is me and my friend/ cohort supposed to get the same matching in PVP when all the matches are randomized, are they hacking into the system?, Secondly they took away sparing as an alternative to get a high pvp score efffectively killing pvp trading. Thirdly if they managed to get a random person to join up with their scheme how would they communicate? I can't see your name how can I know who you are? Last of all if you know they're using an exploit because thats what this is why haven't you reported and why hasn't bns taken action this is very serious charge against the high pvp people and it must be investigated. You say BNS is doing fine mind you in the previous sentence you just said players are using an exploit to win at pvp which is a BIG problem and you say its fine???. BNS is doing even more crappy than I thought, the whales are the only ones leaving lol, no the new and mid ranged people are leaving the high lvl ppl (offensive to call people whales) are there just sitting there with all this gear and nothing to use it on. Well yeah if I spent money on something I want to get its worth out of it before I go. 

This is so much dishonesty its abhorrent but I must dissect everything so lets go.  Wow 7 people for one whole day you must be a superhero, tell me how many servers fused in to your server lets just give a number say altogether ya'll are 3 servers in one. Now out of three whole servers only seven people and how many of them were alts because people asking for help or are a low lvl doesn't necessarily mean new, so i'll give you the benefit of the doubt 4 out of the 7 were new that means 4 new people joined whenever. If I was a dev of a mmo that number would make me close up the game immediately that is appalling and pitiful, to even throw that number out makes my case that the game is dying without me even having to do anything. Yes I see that 4 people you help and woefully lacking and we need more players, to even use that in an argument shows your biased how in the hell is 4 people any good for the game. Also you misunderstood I didn't say there are no new people joining I said there are few new people joining which by your own admission I was right.  You observations are actually helping me prove my point please continue lol. I never asked a question about coming back and if I did it would be pointless cause all I would get is lies lies and more lies. You talking about my attitude really? I want to save this game because by your own admission it seems to me that this game is clearly dying. 

That actually does we need a continuous source of new people joining and if we have empty towns and no f7 action going on then most people are high lvls and we have a disproportionate player base and that needs to change we need bottom up not top bottom. I love your posts you make my arguments for me without me having to do much.

Its not a conspiracy theory its actual fact. It actually is very easy to get the desired match you want, its not rocket science, which already was reported by several people. And i am perfectly aware it may take time to fix so i am not expecting any wonders. Also the the thread is "is bns still alive" and it is. Regardless if the "whales" leave or not. and no one asked / forced you to swipe a card and get BiS gear in an instant to get bored afterwards. Thats on you, if you are not able to find things to do and make the game enjoyablew for yourself then sorry but there is the door, no one is going to force you to stay (or even ask you to stay)

And no, it was legit 7 new players, and regardles how many servers merged, its still 7 new players for the game which are just as valuable, you dont need 1000 players at once to join to a game, as long as there are a few new players every day thats all the game needs.

There is no F7 action because people play with friends and their clan and prefer the xserver matching. and you want to know why there is such a disproportion? Ask the whales, and ncsoft also for that matter since their p2w events are the cause.

The way you state things it clearly shows you have no enjoyment in the game, you are just unsatisfied and unhappy. Well there are plenty other games out there just pick one that will be more up your alley.

15 hours ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

Even if you are in denial that pvp doesn't have win trading because you couldn't do it doesn't mean no one is able to do it. There are quite a lot of people in top 50 who does this and nothing really can be done against this unless you ban every single player who loses in pvp as there is no actual screenshot proof available (yet). People who do it obviously won't share it with the world. Also this is not that much different from being AFK in arena or deranking on purpose just to rank up again to gain more zen beans by winning vs lower rank players. I already explained how they do it though but I guess you forgot it so let me repeat: People who wintrade are most likely from same clan or long time buddies in game. They pick up certain time when there are barely any players doing pvp and let's be honest there are not that much platinum or diamond rank players in pvp making wintrading easy to achieve once those ranks are achieved.

And yes, 7 players joining is better than none though I get the image from your post those 7 shouldn't even have started as everything in the game is so bad for new players and having few more players does nothing for the game. Plus he only said 7 people asked for help, how many did dungeons and didn't even ask help? We do not have access to logs to see how many new players actually join daily so every one of us can only speculate what is the real number by our own experiences.

F7 was a flop from the beginning to be honest. Some people found those spams super annoying and at the beginning bots spammed their gold selling crap with party search so some people just removed that chat mode completely.

Don't tell us you want to save the game when you literally every single time try to scare all the newcomers or people who ask is it worth to come back. That is not how you get people to join nor revive the game. You accuse everyone of lying because everything in the game is shitty and the whole game is infested with massive amount of bots that never get banned according to you. Where are these massive amounts of bots which I don't see at all? What you need to give them is the good things about the game as the returning players do know about the negative sides already. Everyone who has eyes can also read the forums about the negative sides of the game. There are people helping and showing the good parts of the game to get more people to join/rejoin. What are you doing to help revive the game?

Archived