PvP gear

Slyce

While owPvP is mostly dead, with the current focus on revitalizing 6v6 I was wondering when we will get some more PvP accessories.

I'm talking about stats like critcal defense, mastery, willpower, debuff damage and debuff defense.

Also Concentration but that seems to be a NPC-only stat (have never seen any item with that stat).

Infinity tower gave us two soulshields with some PvP stats from the set bonus but Misty Woods Mastery accessories are rather outdated as well.

As the soulshields give debuff damage it would help to have the option to counter that with debuff defense.

Korea has (or at least had) two lvl 50 purple necklaces with either Mastery or Willpower you can buy from the bean trader. 

If you look at Visasa necklace there also exists a legendary Black Tortoise Necklace which has both Mastery and Willpower.

It would be nice to have more options available because currently PvP gear is usually just defensive PvE gear (high HP & def maybe evasion/block) with a touch of crit def.

It'd be pretty awesome to have something like GW2. Basically where you pick what soulshields you use for 6v6. Like some people want more crit def while others want more evasion or block or piercing. That'd make 6v6 alot more active if people were just able to pick up their gear and go. I know that kinda defeats the purpose of working for your gear to show it off in 6v6, but its just a thought. Maybe make a unranked and ranked 6v6. Something like 3v3 except you can spar the other team and compete against each other. That sounds like an option. Then you could also have 6v6 tournaments and things like that. That'd be pretty amazing :D

To be honest I dont wish pvp items anymore. If I see how hard to kill a destro with 2,7k crit def in 6vs6, you need more then 4 ppl to stop that spin deflet machine. If he get even more crif def you can start to gather a raid on such destros.

The only stat I mentioned in the opening post that can be put on Soulshields is crit defense which is currently the go-to thing in 6v6. I was actually calling for more diversity so not everyone stacks 2-3k crit def but there is a viable choice in stat composition.

I also use the Necklace from Misty Woods in PvP but it's other stats are low because it's lvl 45. Also currently there is no item in the game that counters the effect of Misty Woods jewelry.

On 8/23/2016 at 7:03 AM, PsyFu said:

I would love to see more pvp items but does it really matter? I mean everyone has access to the same things so it's pretty balanced?

Sadly, this is not true, not entirely.  There is a small subset of people that obtained hellfire soul shields early on from a glitch and seems ncsoft did not take them from them allowing them to keep them and use them in open world pvp which is completely unfair..

However, thanks to the Challenger and Sparring sets, the Hell  set is not even the best set any more. Would have to look up the exact stats to know if some slightly better end result is possible by combining Challenger and Hell, but since the stats and set bonus in general are higher on Challenger, I am sure these people have no significant advantage any more. The only exceptional thing about Hell set is that the pieces have crit def themselves, meaning you can use them as a cheaper option than crafted primers for upgrading. But since the source for them was removed (for now), that's not an issue either. ^_^

• 1 year later...

Year 2018 - we can't even legitly do real war / open world PvP anymore simply because of a "shuddering " issue that is set up like a grid that freezes you for 1 or 2 seconds   . the problem has killed pvp . it is not my hardware i used to play on higher settings and this problem did not exist in game when i started . As for current gear  you need a game that wont shudder to farm it 

Archived