Accepting Donations for my Weapon Upgrade

teoteodore

How do you guys make 700 gold for a single weapon upgrade?  That's what the mats cost to go from Awakened Breeze to True Breeze Razor.  In addition, it's a bit more than 125 gold for the upgrade to my Awakened Oathbreaker Bracelet.  And if ever the RNGod gives me the Pirate drops for most of the other accessories, I'm sure I'll be measuring them in the hundreds.  I play an average of four hours a day, and although I don't keep a ledger, I'd guess I make about 25-30 gold per day.  Maybe I can become ultra-efficient in those four hours and goose that up a bit.  Even if I were to farm for the mats, I am of the opinion that the time involved in farming mats equates roughly, in a free market, to the time of obtaining the gold from other sources to buy the mats outright.  So, for me, no matter how I look at this it's as much as 100 hours of game play to upgrade my weapon!  I think the mats required should be brought down to the point where it takes about two weeks (60 hours) of play to upgrade end-game weapons one level, and one week (30 hours) of play to upgrade end-game accessories one level.  That's not asking to have the items handed to me --- we are after all talking about two months to go through a single cycle of all item upgrades.

In my opinion, it all depends how much time and effort you invest into the game, I've made 100 gold a day or so by doing the daily challenge on my 3 level 50's and some random dailies here and there, though that would mean I'd have to get some kind of luck (good drop or 10g from pouch etc) but even then I'd make 40-70 gold probably. My main is only 485 ap but you can do most content around 500-550 so I don't see why people would complain if you can do all content smoothly that's just my opinion though. 

14 minutes ago, teoteodore said:

You're pretty much saying what I'm saying about efficiency.   If it takes 3 characters to make either 40, 70 or 100 (with luck) then one character averages 15, 25 or 35 (with luck).

Yeah. I think the way solo characters make lots of gold is high ap and farming 4-man dungeons then getting good drops like that offal of silence or whatever that sells for like.. 500 gold 

7 minutes ago, Shukran said:

run 4men lair necro yeti

drop recipes

big money

run 4men asura

drop ember

big money

run nexus

bid fragments and be ido and recipe

big money

run shattered

big money

run gloss

big money

^

6 minutes ago, KlausFlouride said:

Those drops are stupid rare and you know it. Add to that the fact most know how they go for and will bid them crazy high, which requires a lot of cash to out bid the other person.

Even if you are outbid you still get gold = profit.

If you rather waste tons of gold i9nstead of running the dungeons go ahead.

5 minutes ago, KlausFlouride said:

Those drops are stupid rare and you know it. Add to that the fact most know how they go for and will bid them crazy high, which requires a lot of cash to out bid the other person.

which is:

A: the point of the GAME to be grindy, if u wanted to do stuff once and leave, u choose the WRONG genere of game.

b: the point of running those dungeons. do you need GOLDS? u let others bidfight and grab cash easily. do u need ITEMS? u take part of the bid war.

difficult?

I'll bet that those 4-men are being run by guys who advert for 550+AP teams.  That's the catch22, you have to have the gear to run them to get the gear to run them.  Besides, I'll also bet that as soon as I get these upgrades, they'll raise the level cap to 60 and all this stuff will be worthless (remember how often that happened in WOW.)

3 hours ago, Shukran said:

run shattered

big money

run gloss

big money

Out of curiosity, why those two give you big money? In other dungeons you listed the reasons, here you did not. Obviously, not a practical question for someone like me, I am just wondering

30 minutes ago, teoteodore said:

I'll bet that those 4-men are being run by guys who advert for 550+AP teams.

Pugs will ask for more than that. Running HM content in pugs is not a great idea tbh. Really, if you want to run 4Ms, imo the only way is to be in a progression group, or, in BnS terms a farming static. It's 4 people, so if you feel you are willing and capable, you need 3 more that play at the same time as you do.

I hear your concern on level jack. When that happens depends on how long ago Koreans had their latest upgrade. What I see mostly from there is class rebalancing though, and I am not sure that they would have the resources to roll out a class rebalance and follow it up with a 50 to 55 upgrade. 

9 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

Out of curiosity, why those two give you big money? In other dungeons you listed the reasons, here you did not. Obviously, not a practical question for someone like me, I am just wondering

they are new dungeons which gives seeds.

on windrest EU u can see boss dropping 7+seed  and bids worth 12g+ almost 3g per run.

Just now, DomiSotto said:

Do you mean growth seeds for material boxes? Do they actually drop on the loot tables in 4Ms? I've ran the Gloomdross only once on 6M, and all it gave me was one bound seed. Seeing how you need 6 for a box, I've never bothered again.

they drop both afaik. but 6men is faster, more accessibile to low ap-ers. if it happens to drop seeds, they are bid with good money usually. in boss loot u see about 6-12 seeds when they happens.

7 minutes ago, Shukran said:

they are new dungeons which gives seeds.

Do you mean growth seeds for material boxes? Do they actually drop on the loot tables in 4Ms? I've ran the Gloomdross only once on 6M, and all it gave me was one bound seed. Seeing how you need 6 for a box, I've never bothered again.

48 minutes ago, Shukran said:

they drop both afaik. but 6men is faster, more accessibile to low ap-ers. if it happens to drop seeds, they are bid with good money usually. in boss loot u see about 6-12 seeds when they happens.

Thank you for clarification. I'll try to run it then. It was not made clear in the description of the event.

Just now, DomiSotto said:

As I said, it was not in the event description. It said 1, and did not specify that there was additional chance of an extra drop. That's why I thought the event was dross.

(plus u get 2 seeds in dynamic hence every 3 run u get a chest for free)

15 minutes ago, Shukran said:

just ended a run now. 10 seeds at boss = bid 15g

As I said, it was not in the event description. It said 1, and did not specify that there was additional chance of an extra drop. That's why I thought the event was dross.

if u reach 550 u can do everything. leave apart silly requirements.

6men masts is very very forgiving and simple to learn.

sisters: take 1 flower and attack sister opposite colour. repeat till max 3 flowers of same colour because 4th kills u. win

random minibosses. kill

big booss with adds: best way is to pull both adds to boss to aoe dps 3 at once. kill minions when they spawn before attacking again boss. win.

final boss: dps, run into clean spots when he drops big water drops. let others do mechanics stuff learn a couple of times then do yourself. 

i wont teach you how to avoid yellow aoe and channeling aoe. that s 6men masts.

gogo

1 hour ago, Tsuchiryu said:

Heck, even an AP a bit lower than 550 is fine for Masts/Incursion if your other stats are all good (around 50% crit chance, 115-120% accuracy and 190~% crit dmg). AP isn't everything.

Well, that's what he has right now:

http://bnscoffee.com/character/NA/Last%20Ward

and if I push him to True Breeze Razor, he will be around 540 AP and a bit higher crit. For 550, I need a few days to get soulstones and craft. But for Masts, it's not about him, it's about me. Gloomdross, I know I've ran successfully so I can cope.

4 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

Well, that's what he has right now:

http://bnscoffee.com/character/NA/Last%20Ward

and if I push him to True Breeze Razor, he will be around 540 AP and a bit higher crit. For 550, I need a few days to get soulstones and craft. But for Masts, it's not about him, it's about me. Gloomdross, I know I've ran successfully so I can cope.

Not bad. Just accuracy that could use some work, but that's more for Asura and your current value is decent enough to get it started anyway. Just need to get belt to Awakened Oathbreaker to completely nullify Asura's Brand effect there, so you can keep healing effectively. Then get a few dozen Silverfrost Antidotes and you'll have all you need for it.

Yeah, I know Asura may be too scary for you and not really the original point of your post, but really, apart from the belt, you're pretty much set to do it with what you currently have. If you're this close gear-wise to do Asura well, Masts and Incursion shouldn't be too much trouble as far as you are concerned (the rest of your party is another story, but that's neither here nor there). It's more on you -- as in knowledge, skill... maybe some courage? :P -- than your gear/stats as it is.

Mind you, I'm speaking about 6-man. 4-man might have to wait a bit longer. :P

Just compare with what I have and you'll see you aren't that far behind... and I can do all 6-man just fine: http://bnscoffee.com/character/NA/Sakuyara

Really, it's more the belt and soul shields you need to work on in the shorter run. Heck, I wouldn't even mind helping you cross-server if you like. :)

Archived