Make the Silverfrost/Moonwater growth seeds/life chest transmutes permanently available

DrowningEarth

Players have long clamored for a direct PvE method of obtaining soulstones and moonstones. I think the life chest transmute system meets those demands without being unbalanced/disruptive (with respect to the economy) or making faction/SSP irrelevant.

It is also a decent alternative to Mushin's tower - not everyone enjoys smacking the same 1 million HP+ mobs repetitively 20 minutes at a time, and arguably many would prefer getting rewarded for team play.

In the long run, it'll only help the game economy, which is currently under the undue influence of bots/multiboxers in faction areas.

If altering SSP is out of the question for now, keeping the seeds/life chests permanently available will most likely mitigate player complaints and improve player retention.

47 minutes ago, Nixonld said:

huh? stupid idea. they gave you a way to collect moonstones, this event is 10000000% shit,

Are we even playing the same game? These chests DO NOT require you to mess with corralites/+1 enchant BS. In fact, these reward you for running dungeons, repeatedly might I add. I did not ask to make the entire event permanent, but just the seeds/chests.

I agree and disagree tbh. 

I want it to stay for my personal benefit I haven't done ssp quests since the start(I farmed terrors though). But really who directly benefits from this. Only the people who can do masts and gloom and the new 24. The people who really need it which is the 450-530 can't do it in the first place. 

The only thing they benefit from is the thousands upon thousands of stingers being sold at the hour. Which makes the price drop you know the whole supply and demand principal. 

This is just my humble opinion 

5 hours ago, Light2 said:

I agree and disagree tbh. 

I want it to stay for my personal benefit I haven't done ssp quests since the start(I farmed terrors though). But really who directly benefits from this. Only the people who can do masts and gloom and the new 24. The people who really need it which is the 450-530 can't do it in the first place. 

The only thing they benefit from is the thousands upon thousands of stingers being sold at the hour. Which makes the price drop you know the whole supply and demand principal. 

This is just my humble opinion 

At the very least, it'll put a dent in the market and weaken the near monopoly held by multiboxers/bots in SSP. Seeds could be made available in the other purple heroics in Silverfrost (Lair/Necro/Yeti).

I could be wrong but the moonstone are suppose to be the hardest item to obtain. Putting it in purple dungeons will be to easy an deflate the price to like 2-3g. I agree put the silverfrost seeds in all level 50 dungeons. Including blue so the weaker players can have a chance. 

Ehh but wouldn't that be to much, to easy. Maybe make the rng harder if that happens 

guys, guys, guys...
some of you want these life chests to be permanent, some of you want to make the seeds obtainable from all lvl50 purple dungeons.
if any of these (or even both) happened, the % of getting good items from the chest (like the 100-XY Bundles) would be drastically decreased.
since it is an event now, it's ok with these droprates. but if they became a permanent thing, NCSOFT wouldn't let such good RNG box just stay ingame unchanged.
so, leave this now and try it before the end of the event cuz if ncsoft decides right now to let those boxes ingame permanently, then the droprate will be decreased already now. let us at least enjoys the good droprate for a while :>

40 minutes ago, QRob said:

guys, guys, guys...
some of you want these life chests to be permanent, some of you want to make the seeds obtainable from all lvl50 purple dungeons.
if any of these (or even both) happened, the % of getting good items from the chest (like the 100-XY Bundles) would be drastically decreased.
since it is an event now, it's ok with these droprates. but if they became a permanent thing, NCSOFT wouldn't let such good RNG box just stay ingame unchanged.
so, leave this now and try it before the end of the event cuz if ncsoft decides right now to let those boxes ingame permanently, then the droprate will be decreased already now. let us at least enjoys the good droprate for a while :>

You don't know that for certain.

1 hour ago, Light2 said:

I could be wrong but the moonstone are suppose to be the hardest item to obtain. Putting it in purple dungeons will be to easy an deflate the price to like 2-3g. I agree put the silverfrost seeds in all level 50 dungeons. Including blue so the weaker players can have a chance. 

Ehh but wouldn't that be to much, to easy. Maybe make the rng harder if that happens 

What, I thought the hardest items to obtain were Embers and Hongmoon skill books/volumes.

FYI, Moonstones were 2-3G each during the first months of the Silverfrost patch, before hackers/botters/multiboxers took over SSP.

I would be happy with any changes that would incentive people to play more those 24-man areas. They can be quite the bottle-neck when you want something from there but there's no incentive for others to come help. If only you could cross-server-dungeon-find parties for it. :S

Should this be permanent? yes and no..

It would be great to have this event on a regular basis, so that it is slightly easier to get stuff. Once every 3 months, perhaps, so that it doesn't start to get farmed.

It is taking away the advantage out of selling Trans stones, somewhat.

put the silverfrost seeds in all level 50 dungeons. Including blue so the weaker players can have a chance. 

Agree 100%, because this is the biggest problem atm. You not HM5 and don't have enough AP, you won't get carried anymore etc.

Bravo NC for introducing this !!

Archived