Story, plot

Asynja

So, we got the next few chapters in the story, but they're so few. Does anyone know how many more are left (if you've played the Korean/Chinese version)? It's painful to have to wait so long for just a few more chapters, this is worse than a monthly manga.

I'd prefer it if they released the whole thing at once instead of bit by bit. :(

It's an mmo the story is always ongoing, act7 is currently the last in korea (dunno how many chapters). So since we almost caught up with korea expect 6+ months between story updates from now on.

Cor 6+ months for story updates is highly unlikely until we at least wrap up with Act 7.   Stop thinking about the KR time table and start realizing how soon we have gotten new story content in comparison to KR.   It would make no sense to say... "oh.. they're "ALMOST" caught up in the story with KR... now let's wait half a year so they can finish that major cliff-hanger of Act 6".    People would be playing other MMOs to get their mind off it since our story is in limbo right now... we're not "powering up"... "preparing the armies"... no... we were told to go do something very clearly and it just ends.    The main protagonist would be patient with many things.... going to save certain people would not be something they'd sit on while participating in faction wars and repeat boss fights.

I just look forward to any bit of story, no matter how short. It's the part of BnS that I enjoy most (and I enjoy almost everything in the game, except pvp, which is not for me, and lack of moonstones for pve'rs). This last 2 Acts made me laugh, made me "aww", and in a nutshell, I had a blast again :D By the way, I know we lack some of the npc dialogue (less than usual though), but don't you think that the overall quality of the English voiceover has improved a LOT in Acts 5 & 6? 

3 hours ago, Cor said:

It's an mmo the story is always ongoing, act7 is currently the last in korea (dunno how many chapters). So since we almost caught up with korea expect 6+ months between story updates from now on.

^This.  If done right, the story never ends.

6 hours ago, Ferocious said:

Cor 6+ months for story updates is highly unlikely until we at least wrap up with Act 7.   Stop thinking about the KR time table and start realizing how soon we have gotten new story content in comparison to KR.   It would make no sense to say... "oh.. they're "ALMOST" caught up in the story with KR... now let's wait half a year so they can finish that major cliff-hanger of Act 6".    People would be playing other MMOs to get their mind off it since our story is in limbo right now... we're not "powering up"... "preparing the armies"... no... we were told to go do something very clearly and it just ends.    The main protagonist would be patient with many things.... going to save certain people would not be something they'd sit on while participating in faction wars and repeat boss fights.

It's an established fact. They already announced what we are getting for the rest of the year, there are no more story updates coming till next year.

On 7/24/2016 at 11:03 PM, Cor said:

It's an established fact. They already announced what we are getting for the rest of the year, there are no more story updates coming till next year.

An "established fact" would mean they outright said that they weren't releasing Act 7 this year.   Giving a list of some other things being released and you not seeing Act 7 on that list DOES NOT mean it won't be made available anytime soon.   Learn 2 MMO.

2 hours ago, Ferocious said:

An "established fact" would mean they outright said that they weren't releasing Act 7 this year.   Giving a list of some other things being released and you not seeing Act 7 on that list DOES NOT mean it won't be made available anytime soon.   Learn 2 MMO.

Hopeing that something is released that isn't on the list to be released = wishful thinking, but keep living in your dreamworld.

4 hours ago, Ferocious said:

Well, they did release a schedule for the rest of the year in the producer's letter at the beginning of June that included the story updates and there were no other story updates after the one we just got. While they did not explicitly say they weren't releasing act 7, the fact that all the other story updates were on the schedule would seem to indicate that we are not getting Act 7 this year.

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/blade-soul-producers-letter/

2 hours ago, Cor said:

Hopeing that something is released that isn't on the list to be released = wishful thinking, but keep living in your dreamworld.

You said that it's an "ESTABLISHED FACT" that Act 7 won't be released this year.   No, no it's not.  Unless they outright SAY IT... no it's not.  So who is living in the dreamworld?    Have you ever played other MMOs?    Not to mention, have you ever played another NCSoft game?    LOL   Of course it can be released, they spoke of several things, they never said definitively what will be released 100% disclosure.

Well our version is basically the current korean version from what I can see with stuff locked down that they havent localised yet. Even Gunwan city (Stratus empire) seems to be there although its locked atm. That being said the game still needs finishing theres alot of quests that are unvoiced in the original areas tho I've noticed some of the NPC dialogues have voices while others don't. The silverfrost stuff has better voicing tho its still incomplete. Noticed Junhado yesterday while levelling an alt was alternating between his "wimpy beta" voice and his real "impressive badass" voice.

What I'd like to see from NC over the next few months would be to

1) Give all the quests in the original areas voices to pair up better with the silverfrost areas.

2) Fix all the bugs with the current voices, some stuff was voiced and is now broken, others have instances of their placeholder beta voicing which needs to be fixed.

3) Revision of the costs at least up to true breeze, its a joke your hitting a wall and stuck with profane or awakened oathbreaker and infernal accs when you even reach lvl50.

4) No more *cricket* RNG events, the oceanic one is a joke I dont even have enough gold myself to gear up I cant be blowing what I have on RNG mechanics.

As for act 7. While they havent stated its release for this year YET it could yet happen they've changed their minds before or launched stuff with extremely short notice. I could see it being out before the end of the year since it would allow them to have the main story localised and released in its entirety for the Western regions.

1 hour ago, Reaper00 said:

Well, they did release a schedule for the rest of the year in the producer's letter at the beginning of June that included the story updates and there were no other story updates after the one we just got. While they did not explicitly say they weren't releasing act 7, the fact that all the other story updates were on the schedule would seem to indicate that we are not getting Act 7 this year.

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/blade-soul-producers-letter/

Yeah of course I saw that.. we already spoke about that a few posts up.   However, I've played other NCSoft games as well as plenty of other MMOs.  A schedule does not necessarily include everything that will and will not make it.   Some things on that schedule may not make it this year... other things may.   There's no telling, that's my point.

If you want to compare to how quickly Acts have been released here compared to KR as well as the timeline between Soul Fighter and Act 7 for other versions as here.. then of course we MAY get Act 7 this year.   As of right now, we don't know until they tell us.. and even if they come out and say it will be here Q3/Q4, etc.. it doesn't mean that it will be on time, earlier, later, etc...   This is an MMO afterall and NCSoft has released things without telling people until the last minute before.. nothing new.

2 minutes ago, Ferocious said:

This is an MMO afterall and NCSoft has released things without telling people until the last minute before.. nothing new.

True, but that was why they did the schedule because a lot of people complained about content being released without any notice. However, I admire your optimism, so good luck!

I like the storyline just as much as everyone else, and do get a bit peeved when it leaves me at a cliffhanger. But having played MMO's for almost 20+ years I have learned to have some patience and wait. You cannot expect the devs to just sit on a toilet somewhere crapping out ideas every 5 seconds. Try creating your own story and see just how hard it can be to continue something once the creative juices start drying up.

They did leave it at a really bad spot, but it's hard to imagine that korea is now only a few more chapters a head of us. With the game being out for so long you would have thought they would be miles ahead of us still. Doesn't seem right that the story is almost complete considering how short the updates have been.

Would be nice to get a story line update that last a few days not just a few hours. Especially now that your character isn't a friken door mat every NPC walks all over but actually a sassy a hole, it's finally an interesting story line.

15 minutes ago, Reaper00 said:

True, but that was why they did the schedule because a lot of people complained about content being released without any notice. However, I admire your optimism, so good luck!

Yeah, my point is no one knows.  They have a schedule, but it doesn't mean that's all that will be released or that everything will even make it on time, etc... this is just the general rule of thumb on MMOs... including NCSoft MMOs.

Archived