Need a Nexus Guide for Dummies

DomiSotto

Your go-to place for guides for harder dungeons: http://www.freedomplays.com/blade-soul-sundered-nexus-guide/

The following is more or less my experience with the dungeon. Huge wall of text ahead... and I'm only covering the main stuff, which are the bosses:

I gotta confess I still don't quite get the order of the mobs you're supposed to bomb, so I usually leave that part to someone else. To my still very limited understanding, I think you're supposed to take mobs (named after numbers, apparently) around sub-boss as times on a clock. The one closest to the first bomb is 6 o'clock. If he flies up (number too high), next one to be bombed should be from your right (5 o'clock or lower), if he falls down (number too low), next to be bombed is to your left (7 o'clock or higher). Please correct me if I got this wrong, because I really am unsure of how mobs are ordered.

For first boss, Drill Sergeant, you gotta be quick to use the right double CC when prompted to (daze/knockdown/stun, only 1 double CC of each in random order), both because there's a time limit to each one and AOE near boss deals dmg, so you just CC and stay away from that AOE fast. Before that, when you block the huge saws, make sure you do NOT block them in the exact middle of the room or else they'll get in the way of the upcoming CC process. The last thing you want is failing CC process and having boss with shield for a while. Depending on how low overall party DPS is, it pretty much means the fight is lost already. That should tell you how crucial not failing the CC is.

Ah, and in case you do succeed with the double CC, do NOT CC/grab/aerial. Boss will take a good 20 seconds to get back to attacking on its own. Stay near him so that AOE will buff you (also for 20 seconds) and DPS as much as possible. If you can time those 20 seconds right, then you may consider grabbing boss before these 20 seconds end to leave boss vulnerable a little longer. Otherwise, don't bother, just keep DPSing.

Be Ido has 3 phases but only 2nd one that is the real challenging one. Not CC demanding like previous boss, but more ways to trigger party wipe via earthquake besides enrage timer if you aren't careful:

- Drills launched when he's at/below 90%, 70%, 50%, 30% and 10% landing on top of one another. To avoid that, remember the target of drills is the one furthest from boss and should always stay on the move to prevent drill stacking. Once they are all done landing, destroy all drills fast because he'll charge and, once stopped by a successful block (many classes get decent ones, some of them spammable) and, if available, dragged to where some drills landed by either a BD or a Destroyer (more on this later):

- He causes some red AOEs in a row, each with increasing radius. Supposedly, if it hits any drills still not destroyed at this point, it triggers wipe too. Most parties I've been in are fast enough in destroying the drills but, if necessary, CC before boss executes first AOE to give extra time for the ones destroying drills. But don't get too CC-happy because:

- You'll notice the whole room will glow red on occasion before any of the AOE sequences. That's one cue of 4 Charging Automatons coming. 'Friendly fire' works in your favor here since boss AOEs can destroy these, which you want to happen because these automatons will give energy to boss in 'Stages'. If boss reaches Stage 5, it will trigger wipe. While you can destroy automatons on oyur own, it's generally better to leave it for boss own AOE to do it for you. Keep resisting/iframing the AOEs however you can.

Now, why leaving boss at where drills landed, you may ask? Where drills are destroyed, there will be blue AOEs that will not only boost your crit rate by a lot, but be absorbed by boss, which will remove any damage reducton effect he has. He gets a nasty one when below 30% (a 'power surge' as the warning text says... he'll repeat the animation where he prepares to charge when it happens, so don't waste your block if it has a cooldown), so you gotta make sure he absorbs some extra to make sure it's gone... or else you'll see a repeat of the first boss when you fail the CC. Generally, I make sure to leave a couple of blue AOEs to party while boss absorbs around 3... no more than 4.

When at 50%, 30% and 10%, before launching drills, he'll do a powerful AOE that covers the entire room three times in a row. Save your iframes, damage reduction and/or party/status protection skills for whenever boss approaches these percentages or you/your party member risk dying.

At any rate, don't hesitate to drink healing tonics, which you should have several of if you loot everything. The more experienced you get at avoiding damage, the less you need them, but using them a fair bit more in your early runs always beats dying. Also, none of the shields on bosses that GREATLY reduce damage on them lasts forever, but still long enough to pretty much risk a wipe if party's overall DPS isn't high enough to overcome time lost by letting bosses getting shields at all. So do NOT let bosses get shields by failing mechanics nor fail mechanics in general, that's one of the biggest causes of wipes.

I can cover more on this dungeon if you like, but I'll stop at bosses for now because there's a LOT to cover in detail about them alone, as you can see.

The first room (mob clock) is really simple. You must pay attention on jump. If it's high move to the right or counter clockwise, if low move to the left or clockwise. Assuming that the mob right below the entrance is the number one you must start with opposite one, then you must always choose the  mob in the middle between last hit and the number one (excluded). At worst you'll need 4 attempts to find right mob.

43 minutes ago, Tsuchiryu said:

I can cover more on this dungeon if you like, but I'll stop at bosses for now because there's a LOT to cover in detail about them alone, as you can see.

Thank you. I think I will go whimper in a corner and pass for now. I am trying to read through it, but it's way too much to remember let alone do it.

3 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

Thank you. I think I will go whimper in a corner and pass for now. I am trying to read through it, but it's way too much to remember let alone do it.

Nah, it sounds complicated but it's really not with some practice, it pretty much becomes second nature after a point. The hard part is getting other party members to do their parts right. It tends to get less rough the more you do it, but you may still get some who don't do mechanics well on occasion.

37 minutes ago, KlausFlouride said:

At this point if you missed the learning time, say the first week, then don't bother going. You will be asked to leave group because you're a n00b. I have 700ap and won't bother with, the rewards are total shit and I don't want to listen to the wanking.

I most likely won't hang in to need that 10 hits achievement regardless.

First room is really easy. Just learn Chinese!

The mob are numbered by Chinese numbers:

Yi Er San Si Wu Liu Qi Ba Jiu Shi Shiyi Shier (I think they write er as arr or something)

So you start with Qi, Chinese for 7, and as someone said before if the guy gets knocked up, you are searching for higher. If the guy is knocked down, go lower. 

So after 7, if knock up go to Shi, 10. If knocked down, go to Si, 4. Bomb that guy and see where. It's really simple just counting Chinese. You do have to guess a bit still.

My Nexus Guide (may be error prone)

Room #1: Really easy. You might want to know the numbering. The guy closest to the bomb is 1 and going counterclockwise it's 2,3,4,5,6,7...etc. If they get knocked up it means that the correct guy is at a position higher in number than the bombed guy. If they get knocked down it means that the correct guy is at a position lower in number than the bombed guy. For the most efficient way, hit the guy farthest from the bomb, then depending on whether he gets knocked up or down, either hit the guy at the 9 o'clock position if he gets knocked up or hit the guy at 3 o'clock position if he gets knocked down. Then it becomes a process of elimination.

Room #2: is also pretty easy. Minous will spawn to charge at the red training dummies (although they sometimes won't appear, so the minous will just charge wherever). Kill the blue training dummies if you want (in my previous experiences, killing the blue dummies gives a better chance to unlock the shortest path). The boss in the middle is really easy to kill. His AoE just drains your focus, which isn't too bad.

The Drill Sergeant: (Just read what people already said) But to summarize, make sure your party has joint stun (blue), daze (red), and knockdown (green) ready, and also have the ability to read English OR aren't color blind and can tell the difference between blue, red, and green. When he throws two big saws, he reduces your damage by 90%, so you might as well not attack and instead focus on blocking or getting behind someone who can block the saws.

The Key Room: This room is just a key sink. No skill needed. Just pick up a gun and use a key. If the gun matches the color of the creature then shoot, if not then reroll. Keep doing it until you get the shortest path open. Protip: You can reroll even if a door is open.

Scorch and Singe: I hear different things about these guys, but from my experience, it's best to kill Scorch first and Singe after, but at relatively the same time to open the shortest path. But I could be completely wrong and the door that opens is just RNG. I sometimes hear people say to kill Singe first probably because his AoE is a damage over time AoE, which I think is worse than Scorch's single hit AoE. Just make sure you have your CC's ready to negate the AoEs or people will die. After the bros, if RNG isn't on your side proceed with the following steps.

- Medium paths: You'll encounter Be Ido in his automaton. Just bring it down to 80% and it'll disappear. Watch out for minions and blue and red lasers!

- Medium path room #1: Stand in the fire aura guy and kill him. The fire aura prevents damage from fire aura'd guys (2 of 3 guys). If you stand in the cold aura you'll take damage from 2 of the 3 guys, which is much worse. If RNG isn't on your side proceed to the next step.

- Medium paths: You'll encounter Be Ido in his automaton. Just bring it down to 80% and it'll disappear. Watch out for minions and blue and red lasers!

- Medium path room #2: Attack one of them and after he's dead the second guy will be invulnerable for a bit. Just wait. When he does his "Chi Ravage" then you can mow him down. If RNG isn't on your side proceed to the next step.

- Medium paths: You'll encounter Be Ido in his automaton. Just bring it down to 80% and it'll disappear. Watch out for minions and blue and red lasers!

- Medium path room #3: Whack-a-mole time. Get a couple guys to grab the hammers and everyone else will just attack the guy in the middle. Turrets will appear after a while so the guys with the hammers should whack them back into the ground. Now RNG cannot get any worse so proceed to the final boss.

Final Boss: Read what the above people already wrote.

Now stop reading and get playing!

Archived