arena feels abandoned?

Yashuoa

Thats how it feels like.

Not sure on which times it may be more active (i try to play when the daily is) but it really doesnt feel active at all when I play.

First of all, the impression i get is that you meet lot of people of hm7 and up (I already met them in gold. Meeting hm 9 there aint rare either).

Even met some HM10's in silver. Not weird to see people with hm books at gold and silver either.

Meaning not many low hm pvp starters play arena. Unless a bunch of low hm are in platinium, which I doub, but correct me if wrong.

Also no rare occurence to face the same person multiple times after each other. which could imply arena having low population.

When i am in the arena room I often hear people talking about deranking, because of how inactive arena is.

So people are even willing to derank, because of how inactive it is.

Maybe they could boost the rewards in arena a lot so more people would enter it.

And boost everyone who is lvl 50 or higher to max hm when they enter arena (you will be your regular hm outside of it).

Maybe easier access pvp oriented hm skills?

This could encourage more lower hm people to enter as well.

Arena is very inactive. I get to play around 1-3 matches a week at 2000+ rating in NA. I'm impatient though. I stop queueing after 5-10 minutes. If I sit in the queue longer, I'm sure I can get more matches, but it's very likely going to be the same person for multiple matches until they stop queueing.

I unfortunately don't have the time to queue 5-10 mins. Props to the dedicated PvPers who can sit in queue for 20mins+.

3 hours ago, Hong said:

Arena is very inactive. I get to play around 1-3 matches a week at 2000+ rating in NA. I'm impatient though. I stop queueing after 5-10 minutes. If I sit in the queue longer, I'm sure I can get more matches, but it's very likely going to be the same person for multiple matches until they stop queueing.

I unfortunately don't have the time to queue 5-10 mins. Props to the dedicated PvPers who can sit in queue for 20mins+.

What if they did:

-Everyone who is lvl 50, gets max hm in arena.

-Better xp/rewards ect from arena.

-Maybe easier access pvp oriented hm skills?

This could encourage more ppl to enter I think.

Would things like this make arena become more active?

How do you think can it become more active?

Before latest patch i was playing arena with 50 ms spiking to 140 sometime i was mubling wtf with ping

Now after last weeks patch my ping is 180 spiking to 450 with 5 sec n 10 secs freezes so i cant play i get same in opwpvp dung n ssp i just log in spin weel log out n watch anime till they fix it.

Already done everything on my side clean install windows game drivers called my isp.

Kinda feel sad i cant arena with my sin(best assasin class ecer created in games)

18 hours ago, Yashuoa said:

What if they did:

-Everyone who is lvl 50, gets max hm in arena.

-Better xp/rewards ect from arena.

-Maybe easier access pvp oriented hm skills?

This could encourage more ppl to enter I think.

Would things like this make arena become more active?

How do you think can it become more active?

It´s kinda messed up right now and the sad thing is it will even get worse, because more hm skills will get introduced and as it stands now arena is balanced around hm15, so if you´re not hm15 you cannot expect everything to be balanced, witch obviously s*cks.

What i don´t understand why we need THAT much more exp to level up our characters hm levels compared to kr etc. Yes, i get they are PAY TO PLAY and we are FREE TO PLAY, however i do not think that justifies slapping your playerbase into the face. Like how do i even pay to win my level? We can´t even really do that, right? So how do you justify the exp increase?!

If you compare the exp requirements, it´s just completely redicolous! And it get´s worse the higher hm level you get.

HM 1-8 (KR) needs 5.370.000 exp, but on eu it´s 13.747.000 exp so 2.5 times the experience

Now we look at HM 1-12 on kr it´s 14.130.000 exp on eu it´s 124.535.000 ??? that´s 9.5 times the experience, like WHAT?!

So how do we p2w our levels i just don´t get it. How are we supposed to do it? Like i want to at least be able to pay what the kr guys would have to pay for their subscription to skip the exp difference. 110.405.000 exp more that i need to grind until hm12? Where am i supposed to get those exp from? Pay to win? How? If there is no way to pay to win my 110.405.000 exp then what´s the reasoning behind me needing THAT many more exp. I absolutely do not get that! "You guys play a f2p game! YOU SHALL SUFFER!" or what?

If you´re gonna have a REDICOLOUS exp curve like this JUST BECAUSE we are playing "f2p", then i want to be able to buy those 110.405.000 exp for a reasonable price. But we´re unable to really do that, we just have to grind more for no reason.

Currently my hm8 is enough for me on my main, but it makes it almost impossible for me to play any alts what so ever. I´m locked into the char i picked for basically ever and ever, because i´m NOT WILLING to do the grind i already did AGAIN! So if i ever feel the need to reroll, i will end up quitting the game.

And hm skills are also kind of stupid. You also can´t really say make pvp oriented hm skills available threw pvp and all is fine. At the end of the day, you want all hm skills anyway, because you might need them for some situation, or playstyle. It´s just not up to ncsoft to decide "this is a pvp skill", or "this is a pve skill". That should be the players decision to make. Skills also have multiple purposes, you cannot say hm block is a pvp skill. It´s very valuable for pve players too as it gives the whole party the ability to ignore some mechanics and do a lot more dps than they otherwise would.

I would say the best way to do it would really be achievements. Make it so we for hm rmb for instance we have to EITHER eat chilling flame to unlock it, OR win 1k arena games or something to unlock the very same skill. Buying it threw zen beans as it is now is really stupid as 160k zen beans is worth A LOT of gold, witch is making the pve way of acquiring the skill BY FAR more efficient, witch is... well retarded. I don´t mind it taking a little longer for me to get my hm skill threw pvp, but i do mind if it takes away almost my entire income for the time i spend on grinding that skill.

I would already have hm rmb, IF i paid for a subscription, now i´m lacking 12k beans still. But at this rate i´m not willing to pay for this game anymore as ncsoft pretty much just does not deserve it. If that means i´m forced to quit the game at some point, so be it. And it´s not that i´m NOT willing to pay anything for a game, just because it´s free to play. I even bought the freaking master preorder pack and i did buy ncoins after. I have probably paid more for the time i played than kr players have to pay for their monthly subscription for a whole year.

The massive exp we need + rushing threw content patches is not even all. It´s just the tip of the iceberg.

We also have crappy servers. Bots where not really combated in time. Hackers in top ranks took WEEKS to ban. All those things should have either not been a problem in the first place or responded to MUCH FASTER! And imperial is also "taking a break" from tournaments, because of lacking support.

One hour of playing an arena on my silver guy is 1K Zen beans at best. If I spend an hour in SSP I can get 80+ soulstones. Not to mention I have a hellish load of the PvE content I have to do if I am to ever even hope to get anything at all in the game. Maybe arenas pay a good return for platinum players, but for a silver guy... nope. The Royal Zen bean is the only reason to queue up, and only on the Daily days because then you can at least meat people who do not one-shot you.

If they added moonstones to the Arena rewards, I will be game.

Before silverfrost you could do 14 or 16 Soulstone in Misty per day, no more, so to get more you jump into the arena. Today you could make if u want 500+ in SSP? Farming hard, and you also get moonstones. And Arena rewards didnt level up as the rewards of other zones, thats the problem. Rewards of arena still the same as before the silverfrost patch.

In gold you get 160 beans per win and in plat you get 256 beans, currently. I don´t even know how many you get in diamond. Can´t reach diamond anymore T_T.

And arena rewards did get increased. We got less beans with 45 if i remember correctly, but not MUCH less.

On 6/9/2016 at 1:41 PM, Lssi said:

rip bns 2016-2016

+1

Daily routine whenever players are unfortunate enough to be hit with a mandatory arena daily to complete daily challenge:

- Press F9

- Start AFKing if you're paired with a summoner, warlock, assassin or BM. Really, don't even bother, unless you're the Daigo/Xian of BnS. Summoner = 2v1, warlock = deals 5x more damage than you per hit, assassin = cloak + run around like a coward while they poison you every 30 seconds, BM = parry every single attack and stun/knockdown with every single attack

- If somehow you have the luck of a saint and actually get matched up with a class that's NOT one of the above, then try fighting, you might actually win

- Repeat 3 times

Really? Is this NC's idea to humiliate a player by forcing us with zero interest in PvP to log into arena to serve as someone else's punching bag?

It's one of those games where you have to force yourself to log in since there's just nothing to do. The new "infinite tower" or whatever it's called is a complete joke, more PvP bullsheet. Costumes? Yeah maybe they drop once per solar eclipse. Gear? I would've got from level 1 - 65 in Tera and maxed out in all gear before I even advanced past True Pirate in this game.

• 2 months later...

Thats because, its totally full of cheaters and the support dont do nothing to fix this problem.. Even Premium guys Cheat !!!!!!!!!!!!! unbelievable !!!!!!! now i had play with a lot of premiums and most were bots ! really it is a SHI T !!!!!! Play in Pvp 1vs 1 and 3vs 3 to, because if a bot play with you, he fuk your game.. conclusion, the game in pvp its a really really Shi t.. we cant contact with suppor , so they never gonna fix this problem, so still playing with fat, ugly fukers and cheaters persons... i should not play in pvp but i need my techniques..

Idk why but people still have a rather skewed perception of how the ratings are and so they complain about high HM levels and full HM skilled people being in silver.

Take a look at the ratings, you'll see that aside from blatantly OP classes like Summ/Assassin/Destro, being in gold means you are at least top 200 of your class and around top 1000 overall. Even for those classes it's still like top 300.

On NA there are 89k players in total that are 50+ (Bnstree). There are also people below 50 competing in arena, some of them actually manage to make it into gold as well. 

That means that excluding all the non-50 players, you'd already have to be top ~1% in NA to be gold. In arena region chat I see all the time these lvl 40's saying similar things to what you say here, like "Why are these 50 HM 9's silver???? So noob!!!"

No matter how strong of an advantage your HM skills and levels give you, you're not going to magically become top 1% just like that.

3 hours ago, Ezzz said:

I'm wonder when people will learn the arena and every small scale PvP content in MMO always become dead. Majority of people does not looking for 1v1 or something similar in MMO games.

Exactly. I'd rather have a large-scale pvp which technically we have but it's not working. OWPvP area are used for pve ends like quests and mats farm. Even if they weren't used for them we still couldn't be able to fight properly cuz of obvious optimization and server issues.

Archived