Warlock buff suggestions

LockEasymeef

Warlocks are fine in pve and challenging in pvp.

In pvp a well played warlock is a viable class, but it has limited defensive options, which is fine for ranged classes because those usually back up their squishyness by healing.

But warlocks don't. Our healing is weak and we only have one reliable iframe apart from backstep in pvp (repulse isn't really handy as iframe, I'd rather kncok the enemy back).

We don't need tremendous damage or defensive buffs, just a little more healing:

Wingstorm Tier3Stage2 now heals you for 25% of the inflicted damage done to your primary taget

This way our healing wouldn't be ridiculously crazy when aoeing as only crits heal us and the 25% of the current target, it'd help a lot maintaining health in boss fights and be of great use in pvp.

A neat QoL change would be to reduce the cd of tier 3 stage 1 repulse to something like 24 seconds

I think no pve warlock would say that our healing was already so strong (single target) that we wouldn't want slight buffs to it, and in pvp pretty much every class has some reliable self healing, so why shouldn't warlocks have it, too?

Finally getting more of our HM skills will solve the healing problem. 

Sanctum is up first, so we'll get the heal 25% of health version, or the utility versions for blocking range or stung will have healing added. Also, they're all longer lasting for more defense. 

Bastion might actually be worth using the HP shield version of once it gets it's HM due to the extra healing. We'll still want the iframe version for CC burst classes, like KFM and Destro; but it'll be a great counter to FMs stalling with frost sheathe. They pop frost sheath, we pop stage 2 HM bastion and HM sanctum and heal back 30-50% of our health to keep right up with their heal, unless they want to pop thier ice early to keep us from doing so. (Which is still good for us and shuts down their stall tactic)

HM Wingstorm gets an extra hit. More hits, more damage, more health healed. 

HM Quell/Repulse has a stage that reduces the CD of Bastion further. However the last patch increased the CD of the skill so it's not quite as useful. But still, more bastions is more health. 

And lastly HM Second wind doesn't give extra healing, but a 10% shield is free health, and with the 2-4 times you might use it during a match adds up to taking quite a few more hits (Depending on how long that shield lasts. I'd assume at least 5 seconds, possibly 10 to match Bastion's) 

Problem is we don't have any of those skills yet! And it looks like we only get one of them this year. Kind of sad. 

See that's the point, the warlock toolkit is utter garbage without hm skills. Hm skills are hard as fck to obtain and other classes will get probably similarly strong ones.

But still apart from hm sanctum (hm bastion will not work most of the time, even fms can freeze you while it's on, right side rupture is only good for the deep wound and defense pierce)

we won't have passive healing like other classes. I really was a fan of the 25% wingstorm heal but I can see how it'd probably turn out to be op in pve aoe.

I am jist asking for a slight buff to the class itself, hm techniques are something not everyone will be able to obtain

how to fix warlock a bit:

Bombardment:

"If not cast instantly, generates 1 spectral orb"

this will make the game-play more fluently for newer player who do not have 50%+ crit chance.

Leech:

"The warlock is immune to damage and attacks while casting Leech. leech triggers if the enemy dies during casting."

Quell:

"A successful blocked attack will make your next "Bombardment" cast instantly"

On 7-6-2016 at 1:32 PM, Arohk said:

how to fix warlock a bit:

Bombardment:

"If not cast instantly, generates 1 spectral orb"

this will make the game-play more fluently for newer player who do not have 50%+ crit chance.

Leech:

"The warlock is immune to damage and attacks while casting Leech. leech triggers if the enemy dies during casting."

Quell:

"A successful blocked attack will make your next "Bombardment" cast instantly"

I like these idea's I dont really need more healing atm, maybe some more escape abilities would be nice but that would never happen.
This will also never happen, cause Warlock = More nerfs every patch. 

Forcemaster defence = Q + E, + SS + 3x Ice = 6
Warlock = Z + SS + 1,F = 3 (Where 1,F is not reliable at all) But then again Warlock got its block ability, 
But Forcemaster got its freeze.
FM will get boosted,
Warlock will get nerfed

That is the way of the lock.

• 3 weeks later...

Think increased self healing is a good idea. Or give the lock the ability where if he blocks it reflects back the damage to the attacker.That will stop other classes from just non stop attacking and focusing warlock as there is consequence to just non stop attacking the warlock because of his lack of defensive cool downs. Would be nice if they gave him a kiting skill like teleport with later expansions

21 hours ago, Evilline said:

Speaking about buffs ... Wl's are top Dps class now in Korea ... Which means 2nd nerf coming ...

for your information they don't nerf classes according to pve.. :) also i think you have no experince with Warlocks, this guy in the video is using the Soul Badge and the Warlock SoulShield..there is no nerf for Warlocks, they are already buffing it more..

3 hours ago, Hamoud said:

for your information they don't nerf classes according to pve.. :) also i think you have no experince with Warlocks, this guy in the video is using the Soul Badge and the Warlock SoulShield..there is no nerf for Warlocks, they are already buffing it more..

I don't know if people are retarded on this forum, or they just don't read or they don't use brain. Ill make it simple for you...

This is the buffed warlock, not the one we have but the new one we should get ( you know with the buffs). And you should not watch the critical and big numbers on this video but the dps matter. It'sa all a fuss now cause WL is the top DPS on Korea. And it's gonna be nerfd or should be nerfd. Cause a buffer class shouldn't be top dps it's just stupid cause it brings buffs.

And 2nd thing my main is WL ... So I ain't bashing the class but talking from WL point of view. And before you think that my WL is low geared ... Well it's HM 10 and over 650+ ...

23 minutes ago, Evilline said:

I don't know if people are retarded on this forum, or they just don't read or they don't use brain. Ill make it simple for you...

This is the buffed warlock, not the one we have but the new one we should get ( you know with the buffs). And you should not watch the critical and big numbers on this video but the dps matter. It'sa all a fuss now cause WL is the top DPS on Korea. And it's gonna be nerfd or should be nerfd. Cause a buffer class shouldn't be top dps it's just stupid cause it brings buffs.

And 2nd thing my main is WL ... So I ain't bashing the class but talking from WL point of view. And before you think that my WL is low geared ... Well it's HM 10 and over 650+ ...

Warlocks are not top Dps in Korea tho xD they used to be but not anymore , and if you didn't know there is a class called Force Master, know it? check the dps :D and come back, , and if there is any nerf, they should have done it already, but it seems that they are buffing it every update, i can give you the website for the skills update, to check the update tree and how was the warlock and how is it now.

And don't worry nobody in the forum is a retard, you just have a temper :D

1 hour ago, Hamoud said:

Warlocks are not top Dps in Korea tho xD they used to be but not anymore , and if you didn't know there is a class called Force Master, know it? check the dps :D and come back, , and if there is any nerf, they should have done it already, but it seems that they are buffing it every update, i can give you the website for the skills update, to check the update tree and how was the warlock and how is it now.

And don't worry nobody in the forum is a retard, you just have a temper :D

I am telling you what is happening right now, what's the fuss on korean servers, because the new skill patch was added. As I said my main is a Warlock, and WL is at a good PVE spot atm, we did get nerfed hard, we should get a bit buffed. In PvP that is another story. We aren't OP but we aren't really shit. You need HM skills for PVP and you need to get good. One guy who I follow in these regards is Tenah, a Diamond WL who knows how to play. So my point to make it simple WL is getting buffed, time will tell if DEV in Korea will decide to Nerf us cause Wl is atm in KOREA not EU or NA top tier DPS class. This update will come to us soon and most WL will be happy, but as I said using logic we might get a 2nd nerf, it might happen or not. Eather way I love my WL and will def learn it and improve my gameplay with it.

About the temper thing, I am just sick of reading false and cry me a river threads. Just check out the General section, some people are really and I mean really Cancer oriented ...

8 hours ago, Evilline said:

I am telling you what is happening right now, what's the fuss on korean servers, because the new skill patch was added. As I said my main is a Warlock, and WL is at a good PVE spot atm, we did get nerfed hard, we should get a bit buffed. In PvP that is another story. We aren't OP but we aren't really shit. You need HM skills for PVP and you need to get good. One guy who I follow in these regards is Tenah, a Diamond WL who knows how to play. So my point to make it simple WL is getting buffed, time will tell if DEV in Korea will decide to Nerf us cause Wl is atm in KOREA not EU or NA top tier DPS class. This update will come to us soon and most WL will be happy, but as I said using logic we might get a 2nd nerf, it might happen or not. Eather way I love my WL and will def learn it and improve my gameplay with it.

About the temper thing, I am just sick of reading false and cry me a river threads. Just check out the General section, some people are really and I mean really Cancer oriented ...

Anyway Evilline, i don't mean to be rude, but it seems that you don't know much about the KR dps meter.
1: Sin
2: FM
3: Destroyers.
Warlock is not in the top 3...
Also check this post for more info.
https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/217401-top-dps/#comment-1877712

I created this to discuss some buffs we would appreciate, so please keep your focus on contributing to that (or telling me to stop playing because I suck and warlocks are op)

Example:

-Q,E when pet is down

-more non crit reliant healing

-a pet that doesn't trigger every counter

-Maybe a dash to escape roots

-a little more defense penetration

:D

Well, I've played Warlock for a long time and I come to terms with almost everything it currently has. So, before anyone going into what need to be improved, I think we should start with what we already know about it first. Let's start with the good part, and here is what I understand about Warlock based on my experience in pve alone, party play or solo:

1. Offense - Warlock is not a "range" class. This is obviously a joke since it does not stand within 3m of its opponent when fighting. But this isn't all wrong either if you look at its skill description alone. Most of its skills do not have "projectile" listed under skill description. When Force Master, Summoner, Assassin, or Pve Boss Asura use their range damage protection, they can only block whatever skills that is projectiles. Only two of WL's skill are considered range and they are LMB and RMB. Dragoncall, Helix, Rupture, and their '2' '3' skills can be casted from far away but they're arn't listed as projectile. Meaning, no range protection can save you from a Warlock. That is why Warlock is not a "range" class.

2. Defense - if you want to face tank and be a range at the same time, choose Warlock. Compared to other classes, Warlock certainly do not have a lot of fancy defensive skills and it also lack mobility. But for pve alone, it certainly have just enough. With its terrifying ability to snare, and block like a Blade Master, Warlock is capable of going up close and personal with anything. You can test its iframe on two bosses such as Yeti and Be Ido in Nexus who use multiple unblockable AoE consecutively, and Warlock can easily overcome them without a scratch. Another thing about Warlock is that it can be very tanky with all its self-healing abilities. As far as I know about other classes in game, Warlock is, without a doubt, the best self-healing class in the game. So it would be wrong to quickly assume this class is squishy because it's a support class.

3. Support - most of us should already know the most powerful party buff come from and I shall leave it at that. Another thing is agro, WL's skill does not generate agro. Many people mistaken this for lack of dps. I won't argue about dps. However, I will argue that the lack of agro is one of the greatest perk a range class can have. It allow its fellow melee partner to constantly keep the opponent within their range, and give WL plenty of space to dps without worrying. I've played melee and it is not easy to hit an enemy who runs around chasing a Force Master. Warlock's lack of ability to take agro is what make it the greatest team player in the game.

Here is one not so fun part about Warlock that could be improved:

1. RNG - by that, I mean critical. Warlock is VERY dependent on critical hit. Perhaps, the most dependent of all. Dragoncall, for example and without its HM version, is a very powerful skill and not a lot of class can see that kind of big number as often as a Warlock, and as a critical hit, dragoncall truly worth its 2.5s casting and 18s cooldown. Without critical, this is a very sad skill since you need to wait a while to cast another. And with HM version, you can steal even steal agro such as I have stolen FM's agro whose AP are higher than mine in Yeti, Asura, and Cold Storage, but all that because I was lucky with critical hit to throw double dragon. Critical is also required for many of WL's other skills effect. To other class, critical hit is a almost just bonus to them. For warlock, critical hit is everything: healing, skill activation, extra damage, reduce cool down. So with a low critical chance, Warlock can be a very sad class to play with.

1 hour ago, 882184_1452550488 said:

that is so.. false that warlock are the best self-healing class , are we playing the same game you and i?

Depend on how you spec it.

25% critical damage absorb from your V, additional 25% if enemy is branded. So if you use Helix which brand enemy on hit, you will always get 50% critical damage absorb. I'm at 610AP and critical from V is 12k damage, and 55% cirt chance. So you can do the math on how much and often I heal assuming I can throw my V and Helix endlessly (which is very possible).

25% critical damage absorb from your Rupture.

50% damage absorb from your 2.

9% HP recover from your C.

5% HP from Leech.

5% HP from Z.

2% HP from successful block.

2% HP from LMB, 1% HP for every critical during 5s of HM mantra (right path).

3% HP from your SS upon resist.

WL don't need purple gem or even potion to heal itself.

I only use V self-healing and that is enough to keep my HP above 50% in the toughest dungeon. And depend on how you play, you can throw your V unlimited without carring about its cool down. As I said, the only draw back is that it heavily depends on Critical hit (RNG) to heal itself. If you're low on critical, but when it does critical, it is very rewarding.

Perhaps you can think of a better self-healing class, but Warlock self-healing and sustainability is no where to be underestimated.

PS - just because I play differently does not mean I'm playing different class or different game. It is my subjective understanding of the topic and anyone is free to criticized. But your statement is not a criticism, it is a false assumption that I am color blind or looking at the wrong picture simply because I don't agree with you.

You mad bro? check fm heal- summoner heal-  a lot off cc and iframes on all off class , and after it come back and reply this post whit real argument, i think you play another class and reply on warlock section ..... stop say wl is fine.

On 2.7.2016 at 1:03 AM, Ganhur said:

Warlock is, without a doubt, the best self-healing class in the game.

I think you missed the intention of this thread

On 4.6.2016 at 5:09 PM, LockEasymeef said:

Warlocks are fine in pve and challenging in pvp.

In pvp a well played warlock is a viable class, but it has limited defensive options, which is fine for ranged classes because those usually back up their squishyness by healing.

On 4.7.2016 at 11:28 PM, Eileithia said:

All that said - I'd kill kittens for an iFrame on Q and E when your Thral is down.  2 reliable, and 1 dodgy iFrame just aren't enough for some fights. 1 more stun would be a joy too.

Agreed to Q and E skills while thrall is down... Would be great. Also another stun like our 3 would be great vs KFM or bms with their stupid permanently HM counter... fck how I hate to face KFM!!! Also it would be nice if we could use Q two times while thrall is up instead of 1time. Ohhh yeee and leech shouldnt be able to fail idc if the opponent has iframe on no fcks given... leech should go through it! Thanks.

2 hours ago, Yourockk said:

Ohhh yeee and leech shouldnt be able to fail idc if the opponent has iframe on no fcks given... leech should go through it! Thanks.

I think this is fixed in the balance patch on KR right now.

Archived