Farming gold without levelling or pvp?

zapzap77

I've hit 40, and am now finding that weapon upgrades are starting to take enough money that i'm running out.  I'm not even complaining about materials. simply about not being able to afford to evolve. Hulkar weapon breakthrough costs 2.5 gold.

I would like to not run ahead perpetually undergeared, if at all possible.

From what I understand, arena gives out a decent amount, but i'm determined not to pvp.

Running current continent dailies gives decent silver rewards, but also gives experience.

and i was planning to sell serpent calling bells, but the market crashed on them when i got the ability to craft them, and now they are down to 3 silver ech, and with the REALLY slow order rate on sap iw would take me over a month to get the gold from that.

I just want to be able to spend a few days without getting experience, and get enough gold to catch up my stuff.  When i reach level 45 i want to have done every upgrade that can be doen before level 45.

Is that possible at all, or is it a fact of life that you will remain undergeared perpetually from 40 to 45 without cash shop and/or pvp, since it's gotten harder to make money on the marketplace pre 45?

I'm also reading that people are doing faction dailies at 45 to get money. does staying out of pvp perm gimp your income?

The money starts to roll in around lvl 45 or so. Many daily quests gives 33-45s each at that point. Depending on your server, the 24 man dungeons like Blackram Supply Chain and Nightshade Harbor. Just get your hp up with a new shiny Soul Shield, the one from Profane Jiangshi or Silverfrost Valor stone.

Yeah but it's probably gonna take at least twice as long unless you get lucky with drops. Suppose you can farm breakthrough weapons and sell on the market.

"When i reach level 45 i want to have done every upgrade that can be doen before level 45"

Not 100% about this one, but I think that means at least Oathbreaker weapon for lvl 45.

What's your AP?

Also, you can't do arena at lvl 40. You wouldn't win against anybody. Arena is meant more for lvl 50 with hm levels because you need your skill points to be able to do stuff. Your best bet is just to do the arena dailies that you can (participatory, one win (if you can) and that would be it to slowly get beans. Though I'm not sure if you could even trade it in for soulstones because you'd need to be able to complete mushin tower to... junghado? I believe to get the certificate to trade soulstones in. And i'm not sure if you could do junghado at lvl 40. O-O so arena might be impossible. 

You can try selling any hexagonal and pentagonal gem fragments if you have any to make some spare change. I did this a lot when I was low level because I didn't do any crafting. You can also try selling some of your crafting materials that actually are worth something. And I mean materials. Not like finished products. Making products requires a larger input of money and larger money source. For example. Not saying this is a good example, because I'm bad at crafting knowledge. But tumblerock costs 4 silver 80 bronze to make for 10, but is 4 silver 80 bronze per 1 on the market (I just checked). Edit: in this example. I'm saying tumblerock would be a good way to profits without exp gain. Check the market, to see what you can make easily can give some profits. Because some material stuff crafting can make doesn't really make profits. LOL. And some do. ;-; 

You could also farm poh oils. from blackram supply chain dungeon. I'm not sure what your ap is... so idk if you can do this. O-o" You probably can't. 

I also do not understand the fear of wanting exp while you don't have the current gear. You don't have to run any new dungeons if you feel under geared for it even if you're at the level some people would do the dungeons at. And I think getting levels does give you AP as you level. And trust me, when you hit hongmoon levels, you're going to regret not maximizing your exp. Because exp is freaking hard to get. e-e Dungeons seems almost like they're giving no exp. e-e Only quests give good exp and those are daily. 

I think you can also farm brightstone for that merrypotters recipe? Or skittering tunnels for that radiant ring recipe. Or just leech off people who are bidding high for that recipe. My friends did that a lot when we were low level. Best bet is to run with friends so items that are expensive can be split. 

Just advance in the story and do the side quests as you go. It'll be the fastest way for you to get money and level. You aren't actually undergeared for the story. So don't worry about it so much. The money will come moderately at first and then in droves before too long when you reach silverfrost.

2 hours ago, Shelly said:

What's your AP?

Also, you can't do arena at lvl 40. You wouldn't win against anybody. Arena is meant more for lvl 50 with hm levels because you need your skill points to be able to do stuff. Your best bet is just to do the arena dailies that you can (participatory, one win (if you can) and that would be it to slowly get beans. Though I'm not sure if you could even trade it in for soulstones because you'd need to be able to complete mushin tower to... junghado? I believe to get the certificate to trade soulstones in. And i'm not sure if you could do junghado at lvl 40. O-O so arena might be impossible. 

You can try selling any hexagonal and pentagonal gem fragments if you have any to make some spare change. I did this a lot when I was low level because I didn't do any crafting. You can also try selling some of your crafting materials that actually are worth something. And I mean materials. Not like finished products. Making products requires a larger input of money and larger money source. For example. Not saying this is a good example, because I'm bad at crafting knowledge. But tumblerock costs 4 silver 80 bronze to make for 10, but is 4 silver 80 bronze per 1 on the market (I just checked). Edit: in this example. I'm saying tumblerock would be a good way to profits without exp gain. Check the market, to see what you can make easily can give some profits. Because some material stuff crafting can make doesn't really make profits. LOL. And some do. ;-; 

You could also farm poh oils. from blackram supply chain dungeon. I'm not sure what your ap is... so idk if you can do this. O-o" You probably can't. 

I also do not understand the fear of wanting exp while you don't have the current gear. You don't have to run any new dungeons if you feel under geared for it even if you're at the level some people would do the dungeons at. And I think getting levels does give you AP as you level. And trust me, when you hit hongmoon levels, you're going to regret not maximizing your exp. Because exp is freaking hard to get. e-e Dungeons seems almost like they're giving no exp. e-e Only quests give good exp and those are daily. 

I think you can also farm brightstone for that merrypotters recipe? Or skittering tunnels for that radiant ring recipe. Or just leech off people who are bidding high for that recipe. My friends did that a lot when we were low level. Best bet is to run with friends so items that are expensive can be split. 

Poharan at 40 is just meh. I think Profane weapon has lvl 42 reqs. So True Infernal. And he'll be sitting around 13k hp. Profane Jiangshi's soul shield is 42 as well.

He won't have wall run. So at the start he'll probably rely on the rest of the team if he gets aggro.

My standard wasn't quite that strict.

i just want to obtain and use all breakthrough weapons/accessories that don't have a higher required level then my current level. this was pretty much my standard while levelling and i was able to follow it until i hit 40 and started running out of money.

SO answer is pretty much if you can't afford to breakthrough a weapon just go on and come back to it when you get the money, and that anyone who wants to ebe the best they can be while levelling need to cash shop.

I'm at the breakthrough to true infernal with lycan soul shield (Complete) and all accessories also requiring breakthroughs that are higher level then my current.  to even get to that point on the weapon required a bunch of silver.

For crafting i got merry potters so i could make my own windwalk bell, and recently picked up soul wardens so i could make my own transformation stones since i read that the moonwater ones are craft only.  but perhaps there are other guilds that are better for making a gold in a day at level 40? 

I know now that grinding with exp food at certain times can allow you to save quests for later to gain exp, since no matter how high level you do a quest at, it still give exp. so by holding off on stuff like sample gathering, and one time quests, you can be higher level after doing them. i also know that grinding current area dailies does get money and exp.

I also thought you didn't have to actually win arena.  If i do actually have to win it's clearly pointless to try.

9 minutes ago, zapzap77 said:

My standard wasn't quite that strict.

i just want to obtain and use all breakthrough weapons/accessories that don't have a higher required level then my current level. this was pretty much my standard while levelling and i was able to follow it until i hit 40 and started running out of money.

SO answer is pretty much if you can't afford to breakthrough a weapon just go on and come back to it when you get the money, and that anyone who wants to ebe the best they can be while levelling need to cash shop.

I'm at the breakthrough to true infernal with lycan soul shield (Complete) and all accessories also requiring breakthroughs that are higher level then my current.  to even get to that point on the weapon required a bunch of silver.

For crafting i got merry potters so i could make my own windwalk bell, and recently picked up soul wardens so i could make my own transformation stones since i read that the moonwater ones are craft only.  but perhaps there are other guilds that are better for making a gold in a day at level 40? 

I know now that grinding with exp food at certain times can allow you to save quests for later to gain exp, since no matter how high level you do a quest at, it still give exp. so by holding off on stuff like sample gathering, and one time quests, you can be higher level after doing them. i also know that grinding current area dailies does get money and exp.

I also thought you didn't have to actually win arena.  If i do actually have to win it's clearly pointless to try.

Yeah. I mean... I actually think that predicament is expected. Of course the time and effort it takes to upgrade would increase faster than you can keep up because if we were able to upgrade quickly closer to how fast we are leveling, everyone would have an easy time breaking to true breeze and such. I was stuck at siren for so long. A lot of people were. The money for siren... and now the money for oathbreaker path just makes things worse on you tbh. I think you'd have to get lucky. I recall I only broke into pirate quickly compared to other people was because I luckily got a specific-weapon opening keys for moonwater and sold it on the market for a lot of gold and was then able to get all my mats and upgrade.  

And yeah, for arena, you do get stuff if you lose... but it's so little. Unless it's tag team. You get more in tag team even if you lose. But people will probably hate on you for being there. e-e" 

Oh, i have no issues with 45+ weapon progression. i understand that that's supposed to cost a lot of money.

So if I'm getting this right, anyone getting to true infernal before 45 without cash shopping is not expected?

And what craft guild combination allows making 1+ gold per day at 40?

I like open world pvp even less then arena.  This means i've been ignoring all faction quests.  I've read earlier faction quests have to be done to unlock later ones, and that these faction quests are a significant source of money (to the tune of at least 6 gold a day).  So again does ignoring faction quests gimp your cash?  Does the game really force you into open world pvp to upgrade pve gear at a reasonable rate?

41 minutes ago, zapzap77 said:

Oh, i have no issues with 45+ weapon progression. i understand that that's supposed to cost a lot of money.

So if I'm getting this right, anyone getting to true infernal before 45 without cash shopping is not expected?

And what craft guild combination allows making 1+ gold per day at 40?

I like open world pvp even less then arena.  This means i've been ignoring all faction quests.  I've read earlier faction quests have to be done to unlock later ones, and that these faction quests are a significant source of money (to the tune of at least 6 gold a day).  So again does ignoring faction quests gimp your cash?  Does the game really force you into open world pvp to upgrade pve gear at a reasonable rate?

It's honestly kind of difficult to answer those because I don't understand the state of which newbies are at. And no, you should be able to get to infernal before 45. If you just make money from dailies and sell what you do not need. i.e. what the AriaEnia said, crafting items, gem fragments, etc. Profane took me awhile though. 

No, your crafting profession is viable.  

I ignored all faction quests until lvl 45 HM 1. And yes, faction quests in misty woods gives you about 12? soulstones which is a couple gold. Level 40s cannot do that though. The other faction quests are alright. Obviously you are losing money by not doing them because they give soulstones and money. You will need to do faction to get a weapon and accessory from mistywoods merchant to be able to breakthrough your weapon and stuff way later. 

And to be honest. Anybody can break weapon break if they just play a lot and farm a lot and then sell. The more you play, the more money you are making. And exp comes from quests. If you're just doing dungeons and farming stuff to sell, you won't be leveling a lot. I farmed the same dungeon a lot, and ended up being behind in levels compared to my friends, but I was upgrading my weapon and accessories faster than them. 

My friends and I were part of the group that never did crafting to make money, but we just farmed an item that was worth a lot on the market and sold it a lot to buy our mats. 

There's a reason why the joke is that you either got to pay or you have to play hardcore. I mean you're lvl 40. You just need to get to infernal. Profane is actually kind of difficult. I hardcored this game, so I was able to do my weapon and my accessories at a good pace. But some people don't play as much and actually don't do their accessories and just do their weapon so it's really just about how much you're willing to farm/grind. 

5 hours ago, zapzap77 said:

I've hit 40, and am now finding that weapon upgrades are starting to take enough money that i'm running out.  I'm not even complaining about materials. simply about not being able to afford to evolve. Hulkar weapon breakthrough costs 2.5 gold.

Why are you stuck at L40? Spend the time and do quest line to L50, which will gives you at least another 20G (got close to 30g w prem L4).

Just continue the story and do dailies to get your character to level 50  "Silverfrost dallies give you good money, compare to Moonwater dallies", once you reach that you'll get the Daily Challenge which his 5 daily objective "just need to complete 4 of them", when you get finish atleast 4 of them you can reclaim your DC box, there a chance you can get a gold brick either "1, 10, 100, or 1000 gold" to sell to a vendor for some gold.

About Faction quest I would say to do the early quest to level to Rank 2? afterward you can do your FQ on the beach "Hog Pasture area" and Misty Wood for Soul stone, which you gonna need for upgrading your gear later on, when you get better stats wise do Soul Stone Plain FQ for even more soul stone.

You pretty much gotta do some Faction Quest for those soul stone, and Arena PVP to get Zen Bean to unlock your Hongmoon Skill with the Royal Zen Bean "5000 Zen Bean" and to get other goodies from the Arena Vendor and whatnot.

10 hours ago, zapzap77 said:

and i was planning to sell serpent calling bells, but the market crashed on them when i got the ability to craft them, and now they are down to 3 silver ech, and with the REALLY slow order rate on sap iw would take me over a month to get the gold from that.

Ehmmm.... Are you on NA or something?

Because, Serpent Calling Bell was a great tool for me when I was leveling. Buying up the cheap ones below 10s each, then reselling in singles for over 30s, I've at times managed to sell them for up to 1g each. But the normal price range is about 50s now.

What's your gathering professions? Some low level mats sell fairly well, the treeloggers in particular. While it will not replace the income you would earn from levelling higher, it is a nice supplement. Maybe try gathering some quartz and crafting simple refiners.

Also, check if any breakthrough weapons on really low levels cost a fair bit, and you can do those dungeons on your own.

But overall, level 40 is not a farming level, no. For only a few hours more of levelling you will have no problems getting gold to get yourself to True Profane.

So wait a minute. faction is REQUIRED FOR A PVE BREAKTHROUGH WEAPON?!?!

And yes, I'm in NA. before i picked up the professions, bells were 30 silver plus. now there are two pages at 3 silver each, which is still profitable for the bot armies. :(

NA crafting is screwed because of the bots flooding the market.

It's not that I can't level.  I wanted to STOP levelling, spend a few days and no real life money, and break through my weapon, and go on with more attack power.

And from what I'm being told, that's not possible, because the crafting market is screwed by the bot armies here in NA.

And if i'm understanding right, there's no real way to get soulstones without participating in OWPVP, which i was avoiding because i'm lousy at it and always have been.  Despite that fact that you can "opt out" of OWPVP, it's still not actually optional because it's required for progression.  Bad enough that the guardians are hostile to you EVEN IF YOU JOIN THEIR FACTION if you don't have the uniform on, and seems that will only get to be a greater issue, as later areas have more guardians.

Oh, it's not that bad at all. OW PvP is tons of fun, and really is more of a PvE quest with dodging red sins or not letting FMs to grab you in SSP, and in the Faction Beach and Misty Woods people are far too busy running through the quests to even look at a lowbie. Plus, high level folks are normally pretty generous about inviting a lowbie in an impromptu party in the misty, or you can just trail in their wake to get the base quest done.

Crafting is hard to get into (I'd just sell the mats until you can secure a source of soulstones), but once you've leveld it and doing the SSP, it's easy-peasy.

You can grind gold by finishing the current story and right after it. It's how it worked on level 45 as well. After you finish the current story, there is actually an option to spend a few relaxing days solo grinding like 10-15 g a day just doing dailies without grouping up at all to catch your breath. 

The PvP weapon on the new path is not required till many, many stages later. The Otahbreaker eliminates the Cold Iron weapon from the Misty woods. 

Hope this helps & don't get discouraged because you cannot so something the way you think you wanted to do it! There are ways, andthey may actually be better/easier ways :)

Guess will just have to try. i know on some servers all you have to do is join the more populated faction, and that on some servers you just switch channels to dodge the gankers.  But what's someone who actually is on a server where the factions are balanced and actually fight who can't twitch their mouse fast enough for pvp supposed to do? 

Just had a bad taste in my mouth from getting ganked all the time in other games.

Also correct me if i'm wrong, but for summoner an awesome PVE skill (5 seconds free super sunflower) is completely locked behind the arena?  There any other way to get royal zen bean?  unless you actually win in arena from what i read you get hardly any beans if you don't win.

On old man hong the bots are doing a good job undercutting people on the marketplace at the moment. :(  AS i said bells were 30-50 silver, and now they are 3.  but if yu have 12 bot army all amking bells you can profit at that price.

Crafting system is incredibly bot friendly...  Would be nice if there was a way to change that.

My summoner recently hit 45. Based on that leveling experience, first, you are under-geared and there is no need to stay at level 45. You should be able to finish all moonwater quests. I believe an average of true inferno stage 10 would be needed to start silverfrost quests.

Secondly, your weapon evolution cost is 2.5g plus market price for 1 moonwater transformation stone, unless someone gives you one free. No, you can't make that stone yourself at level 40 without a rich level 50 main feeding your the materials. That would bring your evolution cost to close 7g. Your best bet to farm gold is leveling to 45 and do dailies, or sell crafting mats (which could take even longer to do).

My main is a lvl50 HM5 BM. I played the story and did all the quests. I got 3 alts for crafting and gathering mats in the lvl16..18 range. With that setup I could gear my main char and was ok AP-wise most of the time. It felt a little slow when I hit lvl50 and wanted to do Yeti and other high level content. Took me a bit to get to 450AP+.

Other than that - no SSP or Grand Harvest Square for me. Tried both 10+ times each and found it to be a pain for melee. Not worth the hassle. As I also don't play Arena 2 main cash sources are missing. Still I am on my way.

So really - start gathering / crafting with a few alts (at least 2 are free). Can give you 10-20g per day on my server. That helps a ton.

my 2 cents

On Sunday, May 29, 2016 at 9:28 AM, zapzap77 said:

Also correct me if i'm wrong, but for summoner an awesome PVE skill (5 seconds free super sunflower) is completely locked behind the arena?  There any other way to get royal zen bean?  unless you actually win in arena from what i read you get hardly any beans if you don't win.

You have two dailies that are just participation that gives a fair bit of beans even on low tiers. If you manage to win 1 out of 3 matches, it also gives you extra beans. I've only got to low gold, but I don't remember getting 5K beans as hard at all on the Summoner. I was actually surprised how much I was winning because, well, I am an old gray-haired lady with no reflexes to match all the young bucks out there.

On my Warlock I played arenas either 2 or 3 times (so 6 or 9 matches, I guess), on level 42 and 44, I got barely any wins with low silver, but the dailies gave me 1.9K beans so far, and that's only solo arenas. I don't like playing PvP with him, but 5K beans is the only way I know to  HM skill at all, so, yeah, here I come, the thundering goddess of Oops, was I supposed to block that?

Just play on the days when the Arenas are on the Daily challenge - that means a lot of people who do not regularly PvP do it.

On my server, people stopped ganking in the Mistywoods at all, and actually just stand back if you destroy the base or switch channel. In the SSP, if you stay to the middle of the pack, you normally won't get picked on by a hunting sin. Doing stuff on your own, yeah, well, ganking is ganking. I guess I just don't really care, switch channel & do my solo dailies in a really odd time of day.

Good luck!

Archived