Clothes accountbound

Malkurrag

So why havent they made clothes account bound allready? I got one set of "soulmate" and it does not say "Binds to character" or anything. It only says "Account bound" And by that I ofc belive I can use it on my alts as well.

3 hours ago, Malkurrag said:

Oooh! Now that´s more like it! so I can just "undress" my alt and send this to my next alt? :) Awsome!

Yup. I believe it was 6 stamps needed for an outfit. 3 for an accessory.

Only NCS is greedy enough to actually have the skin to charge already-paying players AGAIN to transfer a vanity item to another character ON THE SAME ACCOUNT.

That's like saying if you bought some fries from McDonald's, you need to pay 25 cents if you want your friend to share it.

I'm sure that the few dollars they make from "postage stamps" means the difference between staff going hungry or not. I'm also certain they didn't pass marketing 101, which states that sacrificing a small portion of potential return in order to satisfy customers means much, much greater return in the long run. Tons of people are going to be pissed off they can't buy a costume without buying ANOTHER item to transfer it to an alt. So they're basically making a few extra dollars on postage stamps at the cost of losing tons of customers who might have bought entire costumes.

6 hours ago, Malkurrag said:

Oooh! Now that´s more like it! so I can just "undress" my alt and send this to my next alt? :) Awsome!

Bah just admit you were never interested in sending it, you were just after the undress part! :O

I agree, some of these costume cost around 1200 coins ($15)to not have the wardrobe be account shared is a money grab in every way. specially since wardrobe is a ($11) premium member thing ( no need to nickel and dime us )    stamps might be better used for thos of us who decided to opt out of the premium

Because ncsoft believes the best experience for bns is to make alt progress as painfully slow as possible. get an outfit on your main that only an alt of the opposite gender can wear? TOO BAD. all u can do is sell it for 1c to an npc.  get 6000 warrior tokens on your main when theres nothing good to buy with them and want to make accessory progress on your alt faster? TOO BAD  they are char bound.

Its crazy. if they simply made certain things account bound the game would be played by way more people. cause alts = variety & more fun. but since so many feel like they will be left behind you are forced to just focus on one class. or break out your wallet if you want faster progress on an alt lol its so stupid.

ncsoft thinks making us grind 2000 runs for certain outfits or accessories on multiple chars is fun lol f that =P

On 5/23/2016 at 8:06 PM, Melodia said:

Only NCS is greedy enough to actually have the skin to charge already-paying players AGAIN to transfer a vanity item to another character ON THE SAME ACCOUNT.

That's like saying if you bought some fries from McDonald's, you need to pay 25 cents if you want your friend to share it.

I'm sure that the few dollars they make from "postage stamps" means the difference between staff going hungry or not. I'm also certain they didn't pass marketing 101, which states that sacrificing a small portion of potential return in order to satisfy customers means much, much greater return in the long run. Tons of people are going to be pissed off they can't buy a costume without buying ANOTHER item to transfer it to an alt. So they're basically making a few extra dollars on postage stamps at the cost of losing tons of customers who might have bought entire costumes.

It doesn't even cost a single USD though to do this though. Maybe a bit of gold if you'd rather use HM Coins instead. But either way it's super cheap.

26 minutes ago, Bhindu said:

It doesn't even cost a single USD though to do this though. Maybe a bit of gold if you'd rather use HM Coins instead. But either way it's super cheap.

Doesnt matter its nickle and diming. There are other f2p mmo's that get by just fine and they let their community store almost anything and take it out on other chars. Its a  simple thing called making the consumer happy and not putting them through a needle house grind for multiple chars. the game turns into  a job more than a fun game when they restrict the player base in so many ways.

Ncsoft puts profit before consumer happiness -_- seems so arbitrarily stupid to charge us some miniscule amount to simple move something we already PAID FOR to another character on the same account...

21 minutes ago, Negaimu said:

Doesnt matter its nickle and diming. There are other f2p mmo's that get by just fine and they let their community store almost anything and take it out on other chars. Its a  simple thing called making the consumer happy and not putting them through a needle house grind for multiple chars. the game turns into  a job more than a fun game when they restrict the player base in so many ways.

Ncsoft puts profit before consumer happiness -_- seems so arbitrarily stupid to charge us some miniscule amount to simple move something we already PAID FOR to another character on the same account...

You had the option of having the costume on any character on your account when you got it. It's a fair deal. Would you rather be nickeled and dimed for charms to prevent weapon breaks after a patch that allows our equipment to break on upgrade attempts? Cause that's what most other MMO's in the free market do.

Well duh of course i choose the outfit for the char i wanted it on at the time but guess what, what if im leveling an alt? im not really playing the char that i bougth the outfit on as much. could be like many other games where oh, i can just SEND it to another char? Why would that need to cost money? LOL

the way you think,  thats not how the real world works. its nickle and diming and you know it. but hey this business model clearly works since 1000s of people let themselves get walked all over with practices like this. this is why f2p games are cancer. both the crappy business practices and the people that allow themselves to get ripped off and enable it. Wished bns was p2p so bad its so much better on kr servers from both progress and making gold.

1 minute ago, Negaimu said:

Well duh of course i choose the outfit for the char i wanted it on at the time but guess what, what if im leveling an alt? im not really playing the char that i bougth the outfit on as much. could be like many other games where oh, i can just SEND it to another char? Why would that need to cost money? LOL

the way you think,  thats not how the real world works. its nickle and diming and you know it. but hey this business model clearly works since 1000s of people let themselves get walked all over with practices like this. this is why f2p games are cancer. both the crappy business practices and the people that allow themselves to get ripped off and enable it. Wished bns was p2p so bad its so much better on kr servers from both progress and making gold.

You kind of defaulted to an age old argument that's never held much water except to get people to hop onto the bandwagon. Why continue with something if you dislike it? That's literally hypocrisy.

39 minutes ago, Negaimu said:

Bye then, go to KR or stop complaining. Be glad that this game is f2p and offers stamp systems now. Compared to f2p titles like Vin******, where a costume costs over 30-40 bucks and can't be traded, where surplus items like hairstyles, make up and underwear cost money and where weapons and accessories can only safely enhance/enchant with a 5euro pixel rune which you can only buy from shop ( and even those runes have rng on them, so they might be destroyed and your weapon will remain +5 forever while your money goes -500), this game is a pure luxus.

If you want p2p so badly, go to kr, buy a vpn and be ready to spend for playing. Hint: It will be costly and even there you have to pay for the same things that are cheap here.

So... to tell you all some news.

I play on the EU, so of course I buy all of my things on the EU shop. I bought the year membership along with a masters pack when the game first launched. A few days ago I decided to make some characters on the NA server and to my surprise I could also get the outfits from the Master Pack along with other Master Pack items and my year membership outfit.

This makes me question why this isn't the case for the same region. We cannot exploit it by breaking down x amount of outfits that we keep generating. I honestly don't get why it isn't account bound at this point.

I like how everyone on forums mostly complains about things that are in EVERY server. Outfit Delivery Stamps are not on every server however. It is NA Exclusive. You are complaining about NCWest making you pay money to send outfits to alts when in other servers YOU CANT SEND THEM AT ALL. It's like nothing they do ever earns people's gratitude. If other servers did not get special treatment what makes NA so special. Like seriously, it's like this on literally any game that requires you to be invested in it. "Grind is too hard make it easier". "No we did not make it easier for Korea, China, or Taiwan; North America and Europe is no exception. Or in this case "Why should I pay for delivery stamps?" "Because NCWest is providing services exclusive to NA." No company makes anything exclusive to anyone or anything for free. There is always money involved.

On 6/1/2016 at 7:15 AM, Kitah said:

So... to tell you all some news.

I play on the EU, so of course I buy all of my things on the EU shop. I bought the year membership along with a masters pack when the game first launched. A few days ago I decided to make some characters on the NA server and to my surprise I could also get the outfits from the Master Pack along with other Master Pack items and my year membership outfit.

This makes me question why this isn't the case for the same region. We cannot exploit it by breaking down x amount of outfits that we keep generating. I honestly don't get why it isn't account bound at this point.

The request to make the Master Pack items something automatically given to every character made on the account was discussed quite hotly back in beta.  Sadly, NCSoft chose to ignore those requests because of greed.

Archived