Flower of Lament is out already, where is the future of this game?

Arcteren

For once I can say I was pleasantly surprised by the response comments on this forum. Tbh i was expecting a bunch of 'OMG this sucks, I quit too' comments but I am glad i was wrong.
Now, as for that calculation of 220 days to get the flowers for the weapon upgrade, well you are ignoring the other sources of getting the flower (i.e. the dungeon). And yes, it is a RNG drop, but it CAN drop. So there you, if you want to speed it up, go ahead and do so. Why are you whining about it? Oh you don't like RNG? Well gather gold and buy it from AH. There you have it, the RNG problem is also solved.
So, what is your reason for whining again? Oh right, you want to get it easily because without it you wont be able to run the future content? Based on what? The CN version? the one where there are like 3(?) versions of legendary weapons? And all that when we don't even know if we will get any of the other versions of the legendary weapons? I personally doubt we will get the overly OP legendary weapons of the CN version, which means that in my supposed case, our game will be tuned to reflect our gear choices and the legendary weapons wont even be absolutely needed for that future content. Sure it will make the content a lot easier, but they wont be a must.
And before you go ahead and say that i am assuming things about future content, well so are you. You see, two can play the game.

11 hours ago, Udunnome said:

People are getting ridiculous with their "dungeon" requirements. I've seen players asking for 450+ AP for BSH, 500+ AP for naryu, or 550-600 AP for yeti. I'm currently 1 patch behind in upgrades (so basically true pirate with 490 AP) and it's cheaper,easier and perfectly reasonable considering the requirements for current content. When the new patch comes out it'll be probably easier to upgrade to breeze/scorpio or w/e. Next patch it will be probably reasonable to upgrade to legendary and so on. For a casual gamer it's perfectly ok by me. If I were a hardcore gamer, I don't think it would be impossibly hard to get new equip as it is released, even if it is 1000 gold since currenly I can make 20 gold/ day playing as I do. I can only imagine that for a person that's grinding hard, 100 gold/day is not impossible.

Either way I sincerely don't see a point in rushing. For 6 vs 6? What does that event offer that would require me to max out my gear asap?

this is nothing. wait till Asura comes out tomorrow, and then new content on May update, then June update, later people will want Legendary weapons only etc. and if you think this is the worst, it's not. we will get dps meter in future update. a dev or something replied in a comment in youtube and said they don't have release date for it yet. things will get even worse when dps meter comes out

gee, stop scaremongering, we will get events like trove again plus probably other events, don't panic :) gearing up is supposed to be fun, but all I can see is people crying they can't get the most powerful weapon immediately .__. I've just calculated I will need probably 2 months to get to true scorpio, so what? that's part of the fun ;)

20 minutes ago, Nattia said:

gee, stop scaremongering, we will get events like trove again plus probably other events, don't panic :) gearing up is supposed to be fun, but all I can see is people crying they can't get the most powerful weapon immediately .__. I've just calculated I will need probably 2 months to get to true scorpio, so what? that's part of the fun ;)

Sadly everyone(on the forums at least) believes that if you cannot get to the current max gear before the next major patch then you cannot enjoy the game.

No one knows how to "have fun with friends" while playing this game. They are too bent over getting gear that they forget that it's a game.

Just now, Little J said:

The more I see how this game progresses and the community's reaction to the game's current state, the more I feel like this game probably should have just stayed in Asia...

That's all I'm going to say.

Luckily this is just on the forums.

The people that overreact on here are the same ones claiming they've quit or are going to quit when "x" patch comes because they can't get what they want within a week upon release.

• 2 months later...

Let me see, OP is another whiner about weapon/jewels progression?

I tell u cold story about playing 3-4 h a day almost from begin and I don't have legendary and I don't brag about it! Coz I'll get it with time every MMO suppose consume your time and effort in it if you don't like it's your problem and perhaps you stop playing MMO in general then, people won't miss another "PROGRESSION is SLOW, I WANT EVERYTHING AS LONG AS I LOGIN". Deal with that or don't MMO's at all.

Well, all I know is I have 2 of the flowers now and obtained them from the pieces that dropped from dungeon rewards or boss drops in 2 weeks of dungeon play. They drop more frequently than the Naryu Tablets from what I've seen. However, the point of the video maker about the amount of money or time required to grind is astronomical in my opinion. Players from the other regions (TW, CN, KR, & JPN) probably spend more time playing the game than their counter-parts in the NA/EU markets.

Using the model they have in those regions for the NA/EU player base shows me that NCsoft does not understand how players in NA are about getting through endgame to max out gear in a timely matter. Taking 2/3rds a year grinding for the top weapon and/or accessories or spending large amount of real money is asinine in my book.

I can handle grinding for gear, but spending a month or longer for one item? No, that's too much in my opinion. NCsoft really needs to rethink their current upgrade model and reduce it to reasonable levels instead of what they currently have.

Why do people want to grind so much? Why not just finish your daily challenges and explore some old areas while feeling good helping out some lowbie?

You can even help enforce public order in faction regions by getting rid of gankers and letting people have a safe time doing their dailies.

You'll eventually get the upgrades if you kept this up. It's not like the legendary upgrades are going to disappear anytime soon... The more likely event is that ncsoft will eventually lower the upgrade costs (rather than increase or remove the path)

Archived