Do You Have Alts & How Is It Going?

DomiSotto

So, after compiling all the information about the events, the way for me to make extra gold from these events using alts is to run the easy Silverfrost dungeons for sellable corallite. 2x amount a day. :)

Lair, Necro, Storage, Mandate.

That would be 8 sellable corallites per day if I can fit those in. Then buy Moonstones, I guess.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

So, after compiling all the information about the events, the way for me to make extra gold from these events using alts is to run the easy Silverfrost dungeons for sellable corallite. 2x amount a day. :)

Seems like a good plan, but my 400 AP is probably too low for those, so I will probably try to fit in a few moonwater dungeon's for my alt when I have time.  With the corallites I would save 75 G on my accessory upgrades, but if I sold them I would make 160 G at the rate I seen last.  As long as they are over 2 G, selling seems like the way to go.

Well was getting ready to level up another batch of alts till the newest content update came along. I'm enjoying the new stuff, but my alts in their current state are going all in just to survive dealing with trash mobs on my own.(Sad but true) Haven't died or gotten downed or anything though. I may not have the most powerful alts, but they are far from being pushovers if I'm behind the controls. For the moment, I'm going to put a little effort in upgrading a few of them to a bare minimum  till I find the right spot needed for my style of play. I'm more crafter/alt leveler than a dungeon runner. Only time I ever run a dungeon is if I need a specific crafting or weapon/accessory upgrade material from it.

14 hours ago, jones6 said:

Seems like a good plan, but my 400 AP is probably too low for those, so I will probably try to fit in a few moonwater dungeon's for my alt when I have time.  With the corallites I would save 75 G on my accessory upgrades, but if I sold them I would make 160 G at the rate I seen last.  As long as they are over 2 G, selling seems like the way to go.

The non-sellable Coralite can take care of the nebula.

Okay, I gonna go finish my story and then leave for vacations. :) Will see how it goes when I am back.

Have a good time, guys!

AH, just as I am leaving on vacations, SSP got decent. Well, could be it was because it was in the middle of the day on Friday! But, lol, with only 3 channels left, it was actually not bad, and i even got credit for one boar on each of my alts. Both boxes even dropped keys! One key only, but still.... got a couple more keys from capture and Grass-monster. One of them actually unlocked for 5 moonstones, so it was like a crazy windfall after a hell of a week. 

I actually logged in thinking I will try to finish the story, and see which floor f the Mushin's Tower gonna be the showstopper, but the story got so boring with another fractured fairy tale spin-off, and SSP was okay so SSP it was.

Well, guess I will finish the story next weekend.

Good gaming, guys!

FM alt finally done with Act 3, halfway towards lvl 48, almost at 400 AP and with all Moonwater purples unlocked. Since I'll be travelling for a week tomorrow, today is my last day to advance her enough throughout Act 4 to reach lvl 50. Here's hoping I do it by the time I get to Primeval Forest.

Oh, and I got Pirate Bracelet from dynamic quest reward chest in my first BSH run. No such luck with Siren Belt in BSC yet, but I'll keep trying. While I could use emblems for this and other accessories required to progress gear, I prefer keeping trying my luck with dynamic quests. I mean, a few Thrasher kills in 24-man and I got the Enigmatic Belt... I'm suprised this one got back to being cheap again, only 50 silver as opposed to over 7g some months ago.

Main is relegated to basic Daily Challenge runs. Yesterday, I finally got some good experience with Shattered Masts. today it's Gloomdross Incursion's turn.

(wave) You must have left right after I did. I am back, but so far I did not got back to BnS. Just playing Mass Effect (it's getting really good story-wise) and clearing up the jungles... erm... gardening, I've meant gardening. :)

Prob going to log in in the next few days to see if I still feel like playing Arenas and Cold Storage. Sort of don't feel very enthused about either playing Arenas on my Warlock nor about leveling any of my three lowbies to the point when they can be used in Arenas (dat Cinderlands... eww). But I am sure that ME annoying combat will eventually make me wanna go back to the flashy-pretty BnS Arenas. 

Getting a bit into it. Ran Cold Storage, and finally over half of the orbs I need. The Customer Service was super-nice and transferred the Siren Emblems from the Summoner to the WL, so I won't have to farm them when the time comes.

The SSP is still rather odd, but I was able to get  full mining on the WL, with a capture box, and somehow managed a a Grindtooth credit on the Summoner, with Grindtooth dropping 5 keys for once instead of a belt. This, and a key from a terror kill took me over 90 moonstones I need for the update. I've opened a Defense Captain box that was dusting in my inventory for a few weeks. So, just need to collect a few more soulstones and wait for the order of the SFTS. And hope that I do have a couple stashed away somewhere. 

Oh, joined a Heaven's Mandate while waiting on the CS, and the guy who provided the scale said if the outfit drops, bid on. Go figure, the outfit dropped, heh. Because it's my Warlock. A cute outfit too. But i chose not to bid over 10 gold on it so I just got a touch richer, sponsoring my Frozen orbs obsession. Anyways, the Sandstorm is the one I really like on him, cause this kind of abs gotta be proudly displayed. :)

I have not had player confidence enough to stick my nose in the Arenas... guess I am a bit of a chicken!

Other than that, thinking to finally get around to trying out my very first toon, the  the mighty Destroyer Last Cause once I get that True Breeze on my beloved Warlock. Or maybe sooner... Overall, I finally feel that I am living a BnS dream. No dungeons, forget about the gear and going from an alt to an alt.

I am also thinking, they put a neato event for gearing once, well, they will put another one. And if it's all about dungeons, well, screw it then. 

My garden is horrible this year, but a couple things are still growing. :)

I wasted an hour failing at Yeti trying to do the daily challenge, so I stopped doing it.  Stingers aren't worth anything anymore so no SSP or daily challenge, so I just tried Naksun a bunch and lost a bunch of times.  I will just get corallite for a few nebula stones and then just do a few of the dailies I like to do after that.

I finished the story-line on my SF alt and got to HM4 which was nice.  Red guys never do tent boss and the blue guys do the tent boss all the time, so it is nice I can at least get some soulstones on my alt.  I have been running BSC and BSH for the accessories, and the seeds for upgrade materials have been ok.  I just need gold, which I have had no luck solving.  If I could get around 500 AP then maybe I could jump in the terror farming groups that the blues do when I play.  I just can't quite get credit at 400 AP.

Yeah, the moment I stop getting credits on terrors and on the Captains, I switch the channel. Means there are too many people and I won't get anything out of it. I actually still see failing mining channels, so I managed to keep a mining going by shamelessly advertising SSP dailies with not enough people Iksanun-style. 

And, oh, lord, do people send group invites to my lock. I feel like soulburn gotta be guarded as jelously as his virginity or something. 

(Slap forehead) Story... yeah. Never got around to it. I just sort of lost the will to follow it as the fractured fairy tale was taking over. I prefer Jinsoyoun with her abominable suffering and genocidal tendencies because she's suffered oh! so much! Then, again, in Mass Effect the theme is that no scientist ever can resist the temptation to engineer really hazardous species that are far too likely to destroy the world. Ah, well, off to snipe Geth, enough of the Korean boys' wet dreams. 

34 minutes ago, gakdan said:

So far I've tried out BM, KFM, WL, Destroyer and FM.

All feels like alts since I suck with all of them.

Oh, that's quite a variety, actually. I was lucky because WL clicked for me with both the playstyle and the party role. But your WL is the only support character, so maybe you just don't like being stuck with the party lead role?

I love my alts. But I just dont feel like playing the game as my alts. It just feels so unrewarding to play each character one at a time. There needs to be a feature to be able to play with your alts simultaneously and level and gear up with them. Even if it means slowing down the pace of progression. I just dont feel like playing each alt from scratch while my main sits in the garage.

OMG, trying to play the story was a horrible mistake! I am still feeling nauseated from all the sappy awfulness! Particularly in the contrast to my tough dame in Mass Effect. Ouch!

Okay, am gonna focus on that True Breeze, and get the Destro going. I am NOT having my lock doing a take on the Adventures in Babysitting. Unless the new annoying giggling villain will abduct and torture the idiotic baby-Jinsoyoun in that rewarding way Yunwa and Namsoyoo got their due.

I think I will need to farm Zaiwei Ruins a few times for some Heavenly mandate therapy. Die, Jinsoyoun, DIE! Die screaming in agony!!!! Die as a demon!!!!

OK, managed to get FM to lvl 50 before my travel. Now I just need to quit being lazy and wrap up story quests, at least the Act 4. Stopped at right before Elderblossom Veil, so I got only 3 of the 5 pre-Act 5 blue dungeons unlocked, which limits my options of farming EXP charm fragments. At least I can do up to Yeti in the meantime. Did a couple of runs to get some Yeti soul shields... need to do more to complete the set, then I should be good for Nexus... eventually. That one is kind of a long shot. I should get to 450+ AP first, plus the Yeti SS.

2 minutes ago, Tsuchiryu said:

OK, managed to get FM to lvl 50 before my travel. Now I just need to quit being lazy and wrap up story quests, at least the Act 4. Stopped at right before Elderblossom Veil, so I got only 3 of the 5 pre-Act 5 blue dungeons unlocked, which limits my options of farming EXP charm fragments. At least I can do up to Yeti in the meantime. Did a couple of runs to get some Yeti soul shields... need to do more to complete the set, then I should be good for Nexus... eventually. That one is kind of a long shot. I should get to 450+ AP first, plus the Yeti SS.

OMG, welcome back!!!

I also need to see if I can do anything in the infinity Tower on my Lock. The badge makes Quell better and takes some crazy number of tokens #126934 to (what else) farm up.

And I still want a pet! I need to find a simple, idiot-proof guide on how to buy and evolve a pet for real money. Cause I am gonna sink in all his gold into that next upgrade. Again. Duh. Pinocchio had 106 gold this morning.

ToI is actually surprisingly cool. I nearly got wiped by the very first character in the training room, the Blade Master (of course), but then it went a bit better. I've ended up at the 23rd floor, and had fun.

The only thing is that the rewards are typical nc soft. I thought 70 or 90 tokens was steep, but the thing is it doesn't drop the tokens. It drops the 0.2 tokens. So I got 0.4 tokens for my couple runs. Pointless. 

Other than that I went a bit further into the story including running peaceful farming chores & finished daily challenge instead of SSP since do was actually a doable one. That took my lock to HM6. Gonna wait to upgrade him to see if they drop prices or new event kicks in or what not. He only has 120 gold now, so I need more to cover the entire 10 stages.

Sniped a few easy soulstones on the Summoner, since all SSP channels were nuked by bots and reds, and the finally got my Destroyer out.

not enough to do much, but enough to start getting used to his bindings and thinking that I need to learn to move while he is spinning. Nice overall, but I dunno, melee is hard for me.

7 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

ToI is actually surprisingly cool. I nearly got wiped by the very first character in the training room, the Blade Master (of course), but then it went a bit better. I've ended up at the 23rd floor, and had fun.

The only thing is that the rewards are typical nc soft. I thought 70 or 90 tokens was steep, but the thing is it doesn't drop the tokens. It drops the 0.2 tokens. So I got 0.4 tokens for my couple runs. Pointless. 

ToI is pretty good for a bit.  I don't like that they have powerful HM skills and legendary weapons way before I do at my level.  My max floor is 28 and somehow I was around top 300 for my class both seasons.  The end of season rewards about 10 tokens for that rank, so I can get a badge eventually.  I can only get to about floor 15 with my soul fighter, but the SS seems good.  The couple pieces I got so far were better than the dungeons I could do.

Destroyer is tough for me, but I found it easier than the KFM I tried.   I leveled a destroyer for the warlock challenge and it was ok, but I am not a melee person.  It seemed good in pvp the few matches I played.  

7 hours ago, jones6 said:

Destroyer is tough for me, but I found it easier than the KFM I tried.   I leveled a destroyer for the warlock challenge and it was ok, but I am not a melee person.  It seemed good in pvp the few matches I played.  

I think if I don't play in public more than absolutely necessary, I will enjoy it. My previous experience with melee was that I really loved leveling with them because they are way cool, but my performance was a sheer embarrassment when metrics would come up for true melee, as staying on target and being right into the face of the bosses and other players fries my brain. Mid-range melee I both mained and loved for a bit. But I know off hand that BM and KFM are out of the question for me, and I would never play another Lyn, so I am going to try Destro. 

So I decided to find out exactly how far a "newbie" could get by starting on a brand new server instead of my own usual server. (So I absolutely cannot send anything to it.)

In one month I managed to get my Blade Master BSH book, Yeti + Yuran book, HM6, Awakened Breeze weapon, True Siren accessories + Awakened Oathbreaker Bracelet, 25 AP diamond and a 15 AP soul.

I must say it's easy once you know what you're doing, a blind newbie may have trouble but anyone that says "The game is too hard" is pretty ignorant imo.

PS: I only played 3 hours daily and 5-8 on weekends in that one month, whilst still playing and doing DC on my main.

PSS: Didn't swipe or pay for anything besides costumes on my alt either.

1 hour ago, Rhy said:

I must say it's easy once you know what you're doing, a blind newbie may have trouble but anyone that says "The game is too hard" is pretty ignorant imo

There is absolutely no surprise about it because you are one of the most experienced and knowledgeable players around. If someone like you had troubles gearing up by putting in 30 hours per week of the play time, than by now the game would have shared the resounding success of the Wild Star. 

I could even find a way to continue progressing past the True Breeze and not do the new dungeons. But I prefer not to, because I would not enjoy it. There are other things that I like in the game. 

About the only two things that annoy me right now that I finally got reconciled with the SSP credits being partial only, is that I cannot get a pet and the HM skills save for the Cold Storage Book. 

So, yes, you can play the game on a very high level and on a very causal level and still access what you wish to access. You just need to weigh the costs vs benefits and enjoyment derived from acquisitions or achievements. 

It's like that all toast. "I have means to purchase a goat, but no desire to do so. I have a desire to purchase a car, but no means to. Let's drink to our desires always being within our means."

In other words, folks who have hard time are those who have desires that they have no means of fulfilling be it because they are less skilled that they imagine, or the lack of time or patience. 

Duh, apparently, you do not have to go to the 8th floor to get to the 9th. I figured it out all by myself too. F***g A! I sort of dropped from exhaustion on the 10th after yesterday's all-nighter and noticed that I got into it with 40% weapon (duh), but I know I can beat it if I actually turn my brain on before logging in.

But I am torn. I saw that 14th doesn't have a guaranteed drop, I am sure I cannot do the 15th. So, the temptation is to try out the Gloomdross for the seeds, because apparently they drop their in quantity as a random drop. Alas, my guild is dropping the membership again, and I am not sure if I should bug the lead to play it with me, since he is now getting his ELO back up for the season, and we are the only two on-line. I do not want to switch the guild, because I like what he does, trying to recruit the low levels, and helping the folks through the low level dungeons/bosses etc. He is good people, and there is a shortfall.

While running the Tower, I was again reminded just how much more escapes the Summoner has, and tempting it was to get the mats over to him, get his accessories going. But I have this gut feeling that Warlock is a better main for me. I think I will make a move to the True Breeze on him tonight. The second level of the training on the infinity Tower gives the elements, and I think I should be able to pass at least some of it, so I might not need soulstones to feed his razor.

I think I am going to ask in the Faction Chat if someone is willing to take me on the learning run, but I don't hold my breath.

I was disconnected trying to run BSH for the pirate bracelet and now I am no longer able to open the game launcher. Everything everyone posts to fix it has not worked for me.  It should be fun trying to get this resolved through support this weekend. If I can get it fixed, I hope to upgrade an accessory or two and hopefully Naksun's fists won't miss punching my face too much.

1 hour ago, jones6 said:

I was disconnected trying to run BSH for the pirate bracelet and now I am no longer able to open the game launcher. Everything everyone posts to fix it has not worked for me.  It should be fun trying to get this resolved through support this weekend. If I can get it fixed, I hope to upgrade an accessory or two and hopefully Naksun's fists won't miss punching my face too much.

Did you try butting everything BnS as exception on your virus shield? I had that problem after one update and making some 3 or so BnS related entries to exempt solved the problem.

8 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

Did you try butting everything BnS as exception on your virus shield? I had that problem after one update and making some 3 or so BnS related entries to exempt solved the problem.

Yeah, I disabled virus/firewall then tried again and had the same issue.  I tried uninstalling, running a registry cleaner, editing the hosts file, flushing dns, changing the routing dns to google.  Basically everything people said had worked for them, but nothing.  I appreciate the suggestion though.  Thank you.

Archived