Do You Have Alts & How Is It Going?

DomiSotto

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Tsuchiryu said:

Unless you really prefer ranged, that is. In which case, I do find FM a bit more fun to play than Summoner, so that's the one I'd recommend

I will try an FM when we get a new character slot for a Soul Fighter. I've actually made one, but deleted on level 2 in favor of the Lock because I could not make him look right, and a Lock can be a Jin, which is by far easier to handle in the creator than a Gon. I think my ideal character would have been a Jin FM. Also, I am a bit worried, because I keep reading about the expectations on an FM in a party (like a party freeze) and I am more of a happy-go-lucky player that just builds the skills as I go. And I know it's a sure way to 'doesn't know her class' stuff.

I have Destoryer on level 19 and an Assassin at level 16, so it's between these two for now. Destroyer was my very first toon, and I loved it at that level. he also has the best name of the lot (Last Cause, to allude to the lost cause, ah-ha-hah, so clever). It seems simple and straightforward, but when I hear about how hard it is to do anything on a melee... yeah. My blocking and I-framing timings are terrible, so I dunno if I can survive on a destro.

Assassin, I  know how uber-clever the class is, but I have a feeling my gaming IQ is just too dastardly low to play it. It moves super fast and changes directions a lot, and the combos are quite long even the one that Hajoon taught him (I have it all written down, lol). But I've also read that in a Lightning build with high evasion a Sin does not need HM skills, so that's tempting to try, since getting HM skills save for the 5K bean one is most likely out of the question for me, since I am so silly.

18 minutes ago, RoXor said:

In PVE I was keeping up on my ranged alt in terms of gear. However I decided to stop upgrading  because of ridiculous amount of grind, which u have to repeat on your alt. There is also lack of account bound items, which could mitigate repetitiveness.

I totally get what you are saying! I feel the game is railroading you into one player = one character, and I can't get it why, since the class design & environments arethe main strength of BnS, so it really have the pre-requisites for the alt-fest. IMHO, if they made the story more variable in terms of character interactions (at least personality wise) and allowed the accessories to be account bound (say, for subs) with shared storage, it would have promoted the game replayability/appeal tremendously.

As it is though, the one player=one character concept is really problematic because you have to make a choice of a Class and a Faction without playing it. Once you start gearing past a particular point, there is no return.

Honestly, if I was to list the main problem with BnS, it's going to be the railroading in all aspects of it. What to play, how to play it, it's all far too ridged. There is really only one way to succeed, and doing anything else visibly sets you back. And that's sad.

Oh, my. Lots to think about on the alts front!

I did not take my Warlock as far as I have planned, only to level 47, BUT! I have tried SSP on him on Crimson & had a blast. He is 370 AP with 30K HPs (I bought out a ton and a half of the Nighshade Harbor essences and got 2 purple and 6 blue Bloodhsade ss). He pulled in 40 soulstones and three keys, good boy! I am completely convinced now that having two alts for SSP is essential, as I shamelessly switch alt as soon as I see the capture. The Crimson is much, much more active on my server, so they have two channels going, round the clock, and as I suspected, getting a credit for Konte and the tent boss was a no-brainer. I was more surprised (pleasantly) that I could accumulate 25 pp on the Captains for the flower quest and miracles do not happen, so I did not get a credit for the Boar King. Funnily enough, I got the Infiltration quest, and somehow pulled it off on the first try. I basically died just as the bar on picking the letter ran out, so it's dicey. As he is geared now, he cannot kill an Elite for the 8x quest. So, I'd stick to the keys fetching, flowers and the tent for the time being.

Now, with the 50% XP event and the new slot coming up, I am thinking I want to run up the Force Master after all to compare vs Warlock, as doing the skill books on the Warlock is off-putting.

But the more I play this game, the more I hate running the dungeons. I went with my clan-mates for this new dungeon, the Sundered Nexus, and it's all the new mats again, and the dungeon reminds me my most hated dungeon to date, the labyrinth.

I did not have the chance to figure out what the new 24M area is all about, as of yet, just saw a portion of it on my main.

Early levels get better, as I was able to send my new BM alt a +AP Diamond and some nice +DMG gems, which helps things out quite a bit.  Some fusion powder, gold and few other things sent to make the leveling process a bit faster :)

Ah, I thought i'd have a level 50 WL to show off today, but, alas, just dinged 49 and he is making his way through the Primeval Forest to the Silverfrost.

I keep going back and force between 'gear up those two, the Summoner and the Warlock!' and the 'try the FM first, girl!'

I have looked at the guides on obtaining the HM skills, and I have no clue still how to get anything. I thought the PvP way was easy, but I can't find a noob-friendly description of how to get what in PvP & if you still need anything but Zen beans for it.

I really don't want to do dungeons. I did the Daily Challenge with my clan on Saturday, including the run of the Asura. Gods be good. :( That run also made me think, well, maybe FM is not for me, since the FM in my party had to shield everyone with that blue shield they have at specific points, and I am sure I will have it on CD or will forget or something....

In short, I am not sure what to do, and what specifically is that what I want to play. I do like SSP and Arenas & I hate dungeons, and that's all I know so far.

I'd like to start trying out the new 24M and Cold Storage/Mandate on my Main, but no time so far. I also think I should try to force myself through the new 24M to get the Soul-shields for the Warlock once I am eligible, because that's the only ss I can think of getting on him. I'd probably just die in Naruy a million times if I try that for the ss.

Eh, it's all practice. It's like me being on saw blocking duty against Drill Sergeant (first Nexus boss) for the first time, activating Stone Shield earlier than I should. Takes time and practice adapting to each class' roles and timings in each dungeon, even with guides, videos and whatnot.

Conversely, got enough practice to quickly stun Yeti during heat phase by looking at its animation and drag Naga King close to the totem that will buff party within it (also by looking at its animation, just pay attention to which totem he's facing) once other two are destroyed, to name a few. I got better at both things with time and repeated runs to apply my knowledge of the dungeons properly. Paying attention to bosses' animations to time your actions also helps. Just keep at it and you'll eventually git gud.

14 minutes ago, Tsuchiryu said:

Eh, it's all practice. It's like me being on saw blocking duty against Drill Sergeant (first Nexus boss) for the first time, activating Stone Shield earlier than I should. Takes time and practice adapting to each class' roles and timings in each dungeon, even with guides, videos and whatnot.

It takes a long time, and you get next to nothing for it, and it is both boring and challenging. SSP is exciting, and I know that I am guaranteed my 30g a day + leftover Transformation Stones. The only times the Daily Challenge actually pays is when you get that 10g drop. Otherwise, replacing SSP with it is always such a disappointment. It also loads me with trash I can't use but have to store. :(

Eh, it's only recent I've begun to have a decent track record on SSP. Earned some 46 SS from dailies yesterday (aand I still had a couple missing), which is 3 days worth of doing Misty Woods faction dailies. It can get too timing-dependant of my tastes in terms of having enough people of your faction running it... but once it does happen, it can actually become a breeze, credit for kills notwithstanding... and I'm a melee, so you can see my suffering right there. Add that to you being decently geared up to live through the stuff to keep your Prestige Points long enough (to use drums for buffs and trade them for either extra Faction Contribution Points, SS or some other item) and then the place actually becomes appealing to run. Still too many moving parts preventing it from becoming my first choice of go-to area I run, though.

But yes, I can see why daily challenge can be disappointing when you get no more than 1 gold from reward chest, if ANY gold. Still, I am a sucker for it because it motivates more people to run them and so getting PUGs for them becomes a bit easier... plus extra Experience Charm Fragments. And, as I said, as you get better at the dungeons with practice and some gearing/lvling up, you won't be the reason PUGs abandon runs after a while, which I think adds to a better experience overall.

22 minutes ago, Tsuchiryu said:

But yes, I can see why daily challenge can be disappointing when you get no more than 1 gold from reward chest, if ANY gold. Still, I am a sucker for it because it motivates more people to run them and so getting PUGs for them becomes a bit easier... plus extra Experience Charm Fragments. And, as I said, as you get better at the dungeons with practice and some gearing/lvling up, you won't be the reason PUGs abandon runs after a while, which I think adds to a better experience overall.

I've never been in an abandoned Dungeon run.

My usual goal for the day on my main from Misty/SSP is 80 ss + 39 ss on my alt. At current market, I can chose to either build a set of MTS once a day for 40G (w/o reserving the MTS for gearing) or doing an order of the SFTS to sell for 150 g every 3 days (50G a day).

The keys though are even more important than the ss, because of the moonstones, so I go for as many captures as I can, since I rarely can get a credit for the Boar King with my gear. A key itself can be sold for 3g, and that's for like <3 min of fighting even if you are not getting the chests yet.

Just now, DomiSotto said:

I've never been in an abandoned Dungeon run. My usual goal for the day on my main from Misty/SSP is 80 ss + 39 ss on my alt. The keys though are even more important than the ss, because of the moonstones, so I go for as many captures as I can, since I rarely can get a credit for the Boar King with my gear. A key itself can be sold for 3g, and that's for like <3 min of fighting even if you are not getting the chests yet.

Good thinking. I got way more chests than SSP keys to open them right now, so suffice to say you're on the right track. >.>

13 minutes ago, Tsuchiryu said:

Good thinking. I got way more chests than SSP keys to open them right now, so suffice to say you're on the right track. >.>

Well, that's why I wanted a Crimson alt! The SSP cottage industry only works well when you are on a faction that mines 24/7.

This is also a reason why I am reluctant to go for the third alt while also wanting it. The more ranking your hold, the easier it becomes to get the ss pouches without worrying about the charms.

Then, again, if I have an alt and level the crafting during the 2xXP, I can have the second Soul Warden churning out the MTS & more wood for the Silverfrost quartz if I want to break into the SFTS market as MTS will decline in price since peeps won't be doing alts. Or, I can just drop pointless Blacksmith on the Sin in favor of Soulwardens and just stick to two full runs of the SSP/Misty and whatever misc stuff I have time for & gear up my WL/Summoner as much as possible.

But then again, if Ceru shuts down on the Iksanun, I will be royally screwed w/o a second Crim to develop. So, maybe I should level the FM just in case and have him ready to replace the Summoner.

Dungeons, meh.

4 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

I'd like to start trying out the new 24M and Cold Storage/Mandate on my Main, but no time so far. I also think I should try to force myself through the new 24M to get the Soul-shields for the Warlock once I am eligible, because that's the only ss I can think of getting on him. I'd probably just die in Naruy a million times if I try that for the ss.

Only SS parts 3 and 4 drop from the new 24 man. The rest are coming out later.

3 minutes ago, jones6 said:

Which is a damn shame, because Twisted + Asura mix would be the BiS SS set, apparently. Next best alternative if you want a full set is the Be Ido one (slightly better than the Yeti one from what I've read) that drops in Sundered Nexus. Not exactly the most newbie-friendly dungeon, especially if you haven't read/watched its mechanics beforehand. The whole dungeon is Awakened Den + Labyrinth on steroids mechanics-wise. Not as bad as Sogun's Lament, but not quite the easiest thing either

11 minutes ago, jones6 said:

Oh, makes me sad, but good to know! I guess, I will be making Naryu Labyrinth my home next time it comes up on the Daily Challenge. (Sigh).  I hated Sundered Nexus with a passion as well. This awful traps you have to fly through.... Honestly, the last dungeon I have liked was... I dunno, Lakeside Cache? Just anything you run in, faceroll a boss and done.  Frostscale Basin was nice all of the three times I got to do it.

Hmm, I know that Summoner is supposed to be the easiest class, but darn it, I struggle so much to get the Sunflower spam started, while on my pathetically geared WL, it flows so smoothly and hits so hard. Obviously, the defenses are such that he does a stylish face-to-dirt thing often too. I wonder if a Force Master will be the best of both worlds.

Yesterday someone called me a decent WL, which was funny as heck, seeing you need to mount a search to find someone who is less apt at playing this game.

This community is not very alt-friendly.. I have a bladedancer alt with 475 ap and over 50% crit and I can't join a yeti/lair/necro party because people always leave because of my 'low' ap. -.-' you don't need freaking 550+ ap to do these dungeons. Making my own party does not work either, people won't join if the leader is not 500+ even on 6 man teams.

3 minutes ago, Natello said:

This community is not very alt-friendly.. I have a bladedancer alt with 475 ap and over 50% crit and I can't join a yeti/lair/necro party because people always leave because of my 'low' ap. -.-' you don't need freaking 550+ ap to do these dungeons. Making my own party does not work either, people won't join if the leader is not 500+ even on 6 man teams.

Whats AP and where do you check it?

9 minutes ago, Myri said:

Whats AP and where do you check it?

AP stands for the Attack Power, it is the Main Stat of this game. You can see all your stats and equipment summary by pressing P and bringing up your profile in game. It will show up your AP on top.

Here is an example of my character's old profile:

Screenshot_160413_002.jpg

1 hour ago, SilentOne said:

i have barely enough time to farm gold to gear one char, let alone two or more. Until they will make accessories account-shared, an alt char is one big taboo for me.

I really wish they would do that, but until then, until I get a character I really want to play, I am going to level alts, and keep them ready to spring into expensive upgrades on Oathbreaker with the dropped accessories. They can easily fetch 40 ss a day in that gear and craft to increase the income till I select my main.

And, well, I like leveling, and don't like much end-game anyway. So, leveling it is. Maybe after I level my FM, I'll just  move on to another game & be better for it than playing dungeons & hating it on whichever character I happened to level first. :) I really need to gamegasm over the character to throw it all for him.

Main is WL with 620+ AP.

Alt is KFM with 490+ AP.

I can do and have done, all content on both. (Yes including SSP, it's not hard.)

The only hard part is getting a party on my KFM, however I have friends, guild, and the alliance my guild is in, for that, and no I'm not being carried either, I'm tanking over people with 650+ AP. (Legendary weps).

Hell just earlier I tanked over a baleful stage 1 FM in Lair for daily. = =;;;

Well, apparently people really like Warlocks. The moment I showed my face in ssp for my special capture-flower-tent combo, I got a party invite. I was like: Thanks, but I am undergeared, do you want me to drop?" and got the: "SB is so op..."  I am seriously starting to think that if I get a Naryu Shield, I could get most credits for SSP in low 400s. Between the Bastion and his easy mode DPS, his only drawback is extreme fragility when any boss as much as throws a disgruntled look at him.

So, of course today I don't want to level FM on the 22nd, instead I am itchy to start gearing the WL to match the Summoner's gear level to compare the two. Ah, I am so fickle.

Archived