Alts:
Sin - 450 AP
KFM - 400 AP
FM - 470 AP
BM - 430 AP

WL - 450 AP
Sum - 430 AP
BD - 400 AP

Personally I haven't had any problems at all getting groups in dungeons, especially on my chars with buffs like sin, KFM and WL (excluding the lowbies), but I mostly leveled my alts because I loved the leveling experience. Furthermore, I haven't had a lot of problems getting credit in SSP on my FM and WL, although it is significantly harder as WL (atleast for me).

1 hour ago, Tsuchiryu said:

From what I've seen, Warlocks are great party supporters with Soulburn and cooldown resets. Their major drawback is limited iframe options, which can make bosses like Yeti difficult to survive against.

He is really growing on me lately. It must be the wings and the attitude :)  Funny thing is that thing I like the least is the Thrall. I thought that cat was so silly when I started, and Thrall was a cooler version, but now I am fond of the cat, and Thrall annoys me.

1 hour ago, Alvriana said:

Furthermore, I haven't had a lot of problems getting credit in SSP on my FM and WL, although it is significantly harder as WL (atleast for me).

Thank you for sharing! Which build are you playing? I am in Dragon Helix, sniping away, and that is why I am thinking that FM is probably what I've actually wanted, and what everyone told me from the start to play, heh. I went with WL over FM against all the advice, 'cause Jin.

Let's see what sort of a promo we are going to get with the Soul Fighter on the 2nd in terms of the leveling challenge. If it's the XP one, I'll run an FM up. That's if I can create a look I like on a Gon.

From what I've seen (rather than played, mind you), Thrall is there mostly as distraction and eventual sacrifice... kind of like Summoner's cat, except more reliable as a sacrifice because it otherwise doesn't last long enough to be a good distraction. On the other hand, cat has Taunt (a hindrance in specific instances, but otherwise a good distraction), has no limited duration BS to it and helps with CC and ressing when used right.

17 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

Thank you for sharing! Which build are you playing? I am in Dragon Helix, sniping away, and that is why I am thinking that FM is probably what I've actually wanted, and what everyone told me from the start to play, heh. I went with WL over FM against all the advice, 'cause Jin.

Since I don't have HM Dragon Helix, I use Dragon call and go for as many resets as I can get. 

2 minutes ago, Tsuchiryu said:

From what I've seen (rather than played, mind you), Thrall is there mostly as distraction and eventual sacrifice... kind of like Summoner's cat, except more reliable as a sacrifice because it otherwise doesn't last long enough to be a good distraction. On the other hand, cat has Taunt (a hindrance in specific instances, but otherwise a good distraction), has no limited duration BS to it and helps with CC and ressing when used right.

It does. Cat is mobile and permanent, and between its taunt and threat drop, the Summoner has way to manage agro. The trouble is, the cat doesn't always listen, needs to be pulled back in the dungeons like Asura, and if you get distracted and let it die, you are in a deep, deep doo-doo. Thrall is easy come, easy go, but after about an hour of playing I feel like I would like to purchase a forklift as soon as the HM store has it, and not even on sale! If there is an agro drop for a WL, I have not yet figured it out and talented it. But DPS, oh, my, DPS is soooo smooth on the cool guy vs the cheerleader squad.

5 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

Let's see what sort of a promo we are going to get with the Soul Fighter on the 2nd in terms of the leveling challenge. If it's the XP one, I'll run an FM up. That's if I can create a look I like on a Gon.

You can play SF as a Jin when it's released, Rukkirii confirmed it. But I think Gons looks better than Jin if customized well, but even I myself isn't good at customizing Gons. =P

25 minutes ago, Lucien said:

You can play SF as a Jin when it's released, Rukkirii confirmed it. But I think Gons looks better than Jin if customized well, but even I myself isn't good at customizing Gons. =P

I think I am going to play the FM though, not the SF. Mid-range and healing is appealing on the SF, but I want to try FM more, I think, since in the end of the day what floats my boat the most is kiting & sniping. Plus, with the positional requirement on SF, I was not able to do it on the Operative back in the day when I tried the DPS on my Op in SWTOR. Well, granted the BnS has far more fluid rotations, but yeah, I think FM is going to be more fun for me to try out.  Plus, my Lock is Jun and my baby-Sin-that-will-never level is a Jin.

11 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

I think I am going to play the FM though, not the SF. Mid-range and healing is appealing on the SF, but I want to try FM more, I think, since in the end of the day what floats my boat the most is kiting & sniping. Plus, with the positional requirement on SF, I was not able to do it on the Operative back in the day when I tried the DPS on my Op in SWTOR. Well, granted the BnS has far more fluid rotations, but yeah, I think FM is going to be more fun for me to try out.  Plus, my Lock is Jun and my baby-Sin-that-will-never level is a Jin.

Well, good luck on your FM journey. :)

I think I am going to throw in the towel after they said there not going to be account-bound stuff. The game really wants you to stick to one character, and do the dungeons on it. I don't like it. I though I could figure something out to avoid this model, but I don't think I can.

11 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

I think I am going to throw in the towel after they said there not going to be account-bound stuff. The game really wants you to stick to one character, and do the dungeons on it. I don't like it. I though I could figure something out to avoid this model, but I don't think I can.

That's the sad reality for me too now. :\

I think they need to explain to us exactly how hard it is to make items account bound because how I see it is if another game can do it why can't Blade & Soul? Is GW2 a magical unicorn living in a magical unicorn land with a bunch of other Mmos out there? Maybe.....

Or is it like the middle guy said? They weigh up the player demands and how hard the work is an just decided they could enough the voice of the people awhile longer and put something simple in the too hard basket?

9 hours ago, Squirrelzzzzz said:

I think they need to explain to us exactly how hard it is to make items account bound because how I see it is if another game can do it why can't Blade & Soul? Is GW2 a magical unicorn living in a magical unicorn land with a bunch of other Mmos out there? Maybe.....

Yes, I am completely blown away by the statement that changing a flag on all the HM accessories from 'character bound' to 'account bound' is so very hard to code.

What's funny is my WL is right at the end of the Silverfrost area, so I can finish the story on him in a matter of hours & hit 50 with maybe HM2 with all the charms I had from the Mushrooms.

Part of me wants to just kick the grind in the groin, sit back and level an FM and not worry about the dungeons, weapons and SSP for a few days at all. After which I can stop playing, because by then I won't be able to do anything, as everyone will probably have max gear already.

On 10 June 2016 at 0:00 AM, DomiSotto said:

Yes, I am completely blown away by the statement that changing a flag on all the HM accessories from 'character bound' to 'account bound' is so very hard to code.

What's funny is my WL is right at the end of the Silverfrost area, so I can finish the story on him in a matter of hours & hit 50 with maybe HM2 with all the charms I had from the Mushrooms.

Part of me wants to just kick the grind in the groin, sit back and level an FM and not worry about the dungeons, weapons and SSP for a few days at all. After which I can stop playing, because by then I won't be able to do anything, as everyone will probably have max gear already.

For me having alts is what I can do in this region to be honest. With the servers in the state their in I've got no hope if doing dungeons that are very dependant on mechanics/timing. Some people don't have enough of a problem and can do it but with my location & their servers combined it just sucks. 

I don't think this is the region for me but I feel disrespectful not being able to communicate with everyone on TW servers if I random pug. Taiwan just give us an English speaking server please!!!

Well, I've spent my morning tying to trigger Naryu Labyrinth quest, did the 6M no problems, but... seeing that it takes NSH/Poharan 24M areas, that's that. I tried to think about alternative ways of pushing the character past the content, and then, you know, I just had a whole: "forget it' moment.

I am going out to run some chores, and by the time I come back, the game will be uninstalled. 

Game should not be a hardship & it is. 

Good gaming, guys. 

1 hour ago, DomiSotto said:

Well, I've spent my morning tying to trigger Naryu Labyrinth quest, did the 6M no problems, but... seeing that it takes NSH/Poharan 24M areas, that's that. I tried to think about alternative ways of pushing the character past the content, and then, you know, I just had a whole: "forget it' moment.

I am going out to run some chores, and by the time I come back, the game will be uninstalled. 

Game should not be a hardship & it is. 

Good gaming, guys. 

But...the 24 mans aren't needed at all...

I unlocked Naryu last night on my FM alt (who btw has NEVER stepped foot in either of those ghost towns) just from yolo-ing the 6M dungeons when they happened to be in daily challenge x:

I would suggest to contact support in case maybe your quests glitched or something...but if you're leaving, sorry to see you go :c

19 hours ago, senpaisan said:

But...the 24 mans aren't needed at all...

I unlocked Naryu last night on my FM alt (who btw has NEVER stepped foot in either of those ghost towns) just from yolo-ing the 6M dungeons when they happened to be in daily challenge x:

I was looking for what people were saying about unlocking them, and it appears that there must be multiple ways of doing it. What I probably did was not enable the Daily for the BSH, I just ran it once it was unlocked after the Breaking the Chain. In other words, I did not know you should go back somewhere and talk to an NPC, and nobody pointed it out in the threads dedicated to the problem.

But, I think it's for the best that I've uninstalled. I am going to detox from the MMOs, and play an SP game series I wanted to go through that has a 4th installment coming next year (woot!), just like I intended in the first place before unwittingly jumping into BnS after leaving SWTOR. SWTOR though is by far a better game imo, with a vision, scale and play-style accommodation that far surpasses BnS.

I think I will keep an eye on the market, just in case that there is a game that marries the awesome Eastern combat design with a theme park Western game design in a setting that doesn't make me yawn and with a good story/character development to boot. Don't think it's going to happen.

Again, cheers, folks, been fun while it lasted, but not fun any more.

2 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

I think I will keep an eye on the market, just in case that there is a game that marries the awesome Eastern combat design with a theme park Western game design in a setting that doesn't make me yawn and with a good story/character development to boot. Don't think it's going to happen.

Again, cheers, folks, been fun while it lasted, but not fun any more.

I, too, wait for a game like this. Perhaps someday! :D

Well...farewell to you! Cheers! c:

6 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

But, I think it's for the best that I've uninstalled. I am going to detox from the MMOs, and play an SP game series I wanted to go through that has a 4th installment coming next year (woot!), just like I intended in the first place before unwittingly jumping into BnS after leaving SWTOR. SWTOR though is by far a better game imo, with a vision, scale and play-style accommodation that far surpasses BnS.

BnS has a completely different target audience than SWTOR. I find it an interesting choice that you chose to play this and continued as long as you did.  I knew what I was getting into from previous Korean grind oriented games. I just never thought I would stay as long as I have.  It's always refreshing to leave an MMO with how much time they eat up. 

36 minutes ago, jones6 said:

BnS has a completely different target audience than SWTOR. I find it an interesting choice that you chose to play this and continued as long as you did.  I knew what I was getting into from previous Korean grind oriented games. I just never thought I would stay as long as I have.  It's always refreshing to leave an MMO with how much time they eat up.

I love Oriental setting (or any exotic setting for that matter), I really wanted to try Arena 1 vs 1 PvP and I was incredibly attracted to non-Tab targeting free-wheeling combat. I still love all of those things in BnS, and from things that drove me nuts initially, I came to love that cricketing cat on my Summoner. I am also not ashamed to admit that I have not looked at the 'bestest' tree for my WL, and just built it myself as I went along.

I love my characters, the two I've played, and the two I've left in Jadestone Village, and feel sad that I did not get to explore more classes.

But repetition and 'putting it on farm' is not my thing. I am into flashy, spontaneous gaming, with a sense of adventure and a story behind each toon. No matter how gorgeously handsome my chars are, and how cool their names are, in the end of the day they are all called "Cricket", each and every one of them, and they just work there.

They are like vampires, with an illusion of beauty and purpose but really dead and feasting of my life-force.

Jade Empire was magic. BnS conjured cheap tricks.

Ah, withdrawals. I will get over it and stop posting, heh.

29 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

But repetition and 'putting it on farm' is not my thing. I am into flashy, spontaneous gaming, with a sense of adventure and a story behind each toon. No matter how gorgeously handsome my chars are, and how cool their names are, in the end of the day they are all called "Cricket", each and every one of them, and they just work there.

Games should be about adventure, but MMO's gate it behind long grinds to keep the players playing longer. My friends won't touch another MMO again and I don't blame them. BioWare level character development and story was not going to be possible in this game, so the story was generic side content to give the environment some context.

23 hours ago, jones6 said:

Games should be about adventure, but MMO's gate it behind long grinds to keep the players playing longer. My friends won't touch another MMO again and I don't blame them. BioWare level character development and story was not going to be possible in this game, so the story was generic side content to give the environment some context.

It need not be BioWARE's Standard 3 Choices Min. The Bloodlust had the points where they should have branched the story, they are still there, clearly visible. And throwing in extra dialogues that react to the player's race & gender would not have been hard either. Or extra dialogues with the recurring characters, like Junghado when they are waiting for you in the meeting places.

There are certainly gateways to make the game more repayable and easy shortcuts to alt-friendliness. But they gave it up for something that I suppose was easier. I understand that creative a strong incentive for repetitive content is an art in itself, but I just can't admire those tricks.

Anyway, I got back to ME, and despite its horrid graphics and even more horrid gameplay, the story, the characters, the complex conversations are amazing. I was also reading up on Andromeda, and it is going to have a Horde mode for MP content, something I have not tried in any game yet. I guess, I will have to power through learning to aim to participate in that.

I've almost stopped thinking about that Purification Jar I had finally made everything for (damn, that Banishing Charm!), and the free slot I would have gotten on the 22nd....

On 6/10/2016 at 9:47 PM, DomiSotto said:

It really sucks when I heard that, but I have already thrown in the towel because like you said, they are supporting players who play one character only.

I have 4 different chars at lvl 50 hm5+ 

Dest hm9  600+ ap

FM hm 6   500+ ap

WL hm 5   450+ ap

Sin hm 5    450+ ap

Archived