Do You Have Alts & How Is It Going?

DomiSotto

I decided to play my two alts on 2/7 days a week, leaving 5 for my Main. So, yesterday I just played my Warlock-alt.

I am not sure what to think of it. On one hand, it is a bit of a change from the end-game grind to play someone else, other areas etc, but I find myself so rusty when I start playing an alt, that the first 20-30 min just goes into remembering keybinds. I wrote down what combos the intros taught me, so that helped. I also did not go that far in the couple of hours I had to play it in a day. I only put on a single level and a touch, and that's on level 16 (almost got to 18). I advanced crafting a little, that's not a bad thing.

Now, my Warlock is about the same levels as my Destroyer, and I am wondering if I should just play both days a week on one alt, or one day a week for each, so I can see the difference and eventually maybe drop one?

If you are leveling alts, how do you do that, and how much time to you put into it? Do you level alts in parallel to see which class you like more? Does switching gets easier of you play it fairly regularly? What's a minimal meaningful time to play a character to see something accomplished on it and not just remember how to play it?

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I have 1 alt, but I don't really play him. I leveled him to 32 before silverfrost patch and then not more. I leveled him to 36 one day before the event started and that's it.

I really like playing different classes and I would also play more but the problem is, you don't really have time for that. Because we are getting the patches so fast, as non-casher and not being a no-lifer, it's impossible to max. out your gear even on one character before the next patch comes. I play a few hours a day and some more on free days but I am still at 517 AP (HM 7) which is far away from max. Playing alts is fun but it always feels like wasting time I could use to gear up my main. The Problem in that game is also that you don't have any limitations. I mean, you can run every dungeon as often as you like and you can do SSP the whole day. Everything will give you money, way more than you can earn with a lv. 30 alt. I don#t think it' spossible to play multiple characters effectively without massive cashing or playing 24/7.

To the playing itself: I have no Problems to play another class after some weeks. Because you have not so much skills here, it's just to remember what the skills are doing. Give me some minutes and I can play the other class very good, again.

I level Warlock to 45, then update came next day... Hit 50. Grinded the high level dungeons/dailies and nearly 500 AP. I wanted more money though, so I created a summoner alt. It's 50 HM 1 with almost 450 AP so do another daily grind! Making so much money! I love it.

I just feel that I will enjoy the game more if I start disregarding its materialistic side and do more things that I like. Maybe I should actually play the alts more and the Main guy less, and it will take care of my problems with getting back into the alt.

I am just not sure what I'd like, I suppose, and if the gear is really what I want.

Warlock main 50

Force Master 50

Summoner 47

Destroyer 45

Made them to do different dailies with so I don't die inside.  However, slowly just kinda giving up and sticking with my main.  Upgrading things are just too damn expensive to stretch over different toons.

I have a fm alt and had fun with her but the upgrading on  my main is too much of a pain that I just stopped bothering with an alt. I even got past the cinderlands so it's a shame I had to quit her. I got a summoner as a main, so I might make a soul fighter in the future but I'll have to see. My internet isn't that good so I'm kind of out of kungfu fighter even though I like fists. Might try one anyways, but the lag on my fm already made it unbearable to play at times.

I have... ALL alts i guess. I got 7x 45+ chars with my last twink (LBM) being level 19 because i lost interrest in leveling him.

When i level a char i chose a free day and just nolife the shit out of the game, meaning that i get up, level, hit 45+, and go back to sleep. Which takes about 18 or so hours. 

About combos: I dont find the combos you learn in the tutorial or from the purple quests all that useful. You'll figure out what works and what doesnt when leveling anyway. You want skills that do damage, preferably aoe, and a bit of cc or other sustain so that you dont need to stop fighting. The only class where i did have to look something up and change my build completely was KFM, since after 45 you basically use the searing palm build. 

So my advice would be: just level them one at a time so that you learn to understand the class. However, the most important thing is that you have fun and if you enjoy leveling your twinks in a 5-1-1 day distribution then so be it.

Warlock Main -50 True pirate

Summon - 50 True profane

Sin - 49 True profane

KFM - 48 Awaken Siren

FM - 45 Infernal xD

LBM - 36 lol

I have no life T_T I want to get every class to 50 eventually, tho i hate Des 

I main a summoner. I have lvl 49 FM and Assassin alt. I sometimes play on them but not too often though I like them both a lot. I also have 45 warlock but I dislike that class so I don't play it at all. I also have 2 lowbies- Destro and BD. I don't know if I'll level them up or not.  

Have alts, but they are right now only for crafting, the game is very unfriendly for alts (bad design IMO) , many things should be account bound instead character bound. Not worth to dedicate yourself to more than one character unless you don't have a life, i like to play alts but not in this game the way it's designed is plain bad for it ...

Honestly all my characters are alts since I never chose an actual main. Granted I put more work into my BM and Destroyer since I leveled both of them on alternating days so they are currently equals in terms of power. Then the Warlock came along and I started on that along with the BD on into Silverfrost and currently they have surpassed my BM and Destroyer. A few weeks ago I started back working on the Summoner and FM and just stopped a week ago due to resources are spread too thin to keep everyone on par with each other. So currently I stopped all progression on all characters even the KFM and Assassin. I'm just playing up to story hits a roadblock on only one character and quit till the next story content releases. Lost interest in doing anything else.

Warlock - 50
Kung Fu Master - 50
Force Master - 50

I don't really have a main either. I love all my characters and I like to play different classes. You experience the game in a totally different way depending on which class you play. In general I play my warlock more since I prefer warlock in PvE, whereas I prefer my KFM in arena PvP. My plan is to gear out my warlock and then use him to farm gold + mats for my other two characters. Warlock is much easier and more efficient in PvE so that's where I'm going with that.

On top of that, I use all my characters for crafting and soulstone farming - which is super helpful. Having alts is only stressful if you try to work on all of them at once lol

I don't know if I have a main class because I have 7 toons all 50, 5x at Oatherbreaker +10 HM3, 2 toons at True Pirate HM4. I rotate and play them almost equally lol

I knew If I stick to 1 class I would have HM10 and scopio weapon by now :P 

i main a lvl 50 forcemaster and 5 more lvl 45 alts. the alts happened because of the level event to some extent and weird thinking.

it is really weird. my first alt was an assassin. when the introduction of the level event came, the sin was already lvl 40. so basically i had to make a new lvl 45 during the level event to give the costume to my main in the first week. so i made a summoner where i knew the sum wont get the costume as i dont like playing lyn or a sum. then i leveled a warlock to 45 and initially it should have gotten the costume, but during leveling the warlock i obtained obsidian serpent casually (one run, one drop :D ) and it looked so super awesome that i went with that one instead of tempation. so the costume from warlock leveling was either to give to my assassin orrrrr a new alt. so i created a blademaster first, then a destroyer. i leveled the destroyer first and gave it the costume from warlock leveling to level in a fancy way ;) when the destroyer was lvl 45, the reward went to my assassin. then i leveled the blademaster (which is a yun and i also really do not like that race enough for giving it costumes, still made it to have some diversity in my character select screen) and up to this day i still haven't decided yet who should get temptation. should the warlock get it? or maybe the next class i level in the unknown future :) in total i got 4 temptation costumes from the event.

as for now the only things i do with my alts are crafting. the crafting/gathering guilds are distributed in a way so that i can craft everything next to eachother without long waiting times. i do not intend to do more with them. while leveling was fun i learned and saw why i play Forcemaster. nothing else comes close to that in terms of fun for me.

I have alts. One for crafting, one for pvp/arena farming, and one is my warlock from the leveling challange that sits there bc I only did it to get the bundle for my mian...and the outfit ofc.

I have to stick with one main though, as in one I have to build up thier weapon and jewelry bc it's way too spendy and grind consuming to be able to do them all.

Just now, Royo May said:

while leveling was fun i learned and saw why i play Forcemaster. nothing else comes close to that in terms of fun for me.

That's the kind of realization I really want to feel, that I am playing the class that I really love! Maybe it's really worth it to spend a couple of months to just trying out classes before really investing into one. It makes loads of sense.

Main is a 50 HM 3 Destroyer. Alts are both at lvl 40 and done with Act II, one is a FM (same server as main) and the other is a Summoner (different server).

Planning to eventually do Act III with alts to expand farming spots, starting with Summoner, so they can help with Soulstone farming and whatnot. But for now, main is my, well, main focus. Mostly because of event, yes, but I need to earn some gold either way (which I give to FM with some regularity and more sparingly to the Summoner), as well as farm better soul shields. Currently with Bloodshade set, farming Labyrinth one alongside the mats for Moonwater Soul (finally got enough experience to feel more confident about running that dungeon more regularly). At the very least, I try to do the Beastbog Down daily when I have little time to spare for much else.

As for guilds, I tend to leave them on hold most of the time, but I do try to craft when I remember/have time.

23 minutes ago, Zuf said:

Very bad.
It's absolutely impossible to progress any of my alt after profane if I want to avoid falling behind with my main. Everything is just too expensive.

This is where crafting is benefit for alts, you mostly have more than enough mats to craft and feed your alts upgrade progress up to pirate version easy, if you go with new patch then there is hell to gather all mats just for single toon.

12 minutes ago, Zuf said:

Guess you don't want the HM skills.

I have them on my main which is all I need.

It's not a MUST in pvp.... the MUST is knowing how to fight each class which means knowing each class....

if you personally need them to pvp well....than....have fun with that

but for most people no they are just extra... it's not hard to fight someone if you know their class...

I main lbm but got an alt wl to 45 (for the lvl up event) and kfm to 50 and I really like kfm alot!!! But gearing alts costs so much... all the money has to go to my main first, kindda sucks this game seems so alt unfriendly X(

After lvl 50 patch I actually finished story quest on my kfm first cause I was having so much fun! But when I switched back to do story on my main I kept messing up and pressing all the buttons for kfm skills lol. I felt really stupid whenever I tried to counter and remember "oh yeah, I'm not playing kfm anymore, oops"

I think after playing a class for a while though, you don't really need to try and actively remember combos, skills etc. It just kindda comes naturally and makes the switch between playing on alt chars much easier! 

(I wasn't leveling up multiple chars at once though, didn't make a new alt until the last one was maxed.)

32 minutes ago, Pew Pew said:

I have them on my main which is all I need.

It's not a MUST in pvp.... the MUST is knowing how to fight each class which means knowing each class....

if you personally need them to pvp well....than....have fun with that

but for most people no they are just extra... it's not hard to fight someone if you know their class...

What benefits are PvP alts w/o the Small Dragon Certificates? Or are they account bound so you can grind them on a geared main to give to the alts so they can trade the beans in? Or is your undergeared character is something that I would consider super-geared (like 500 AP or something) and can do the current 50 purples, or you have guildies to carry it for the SDCs?

Archived