Do You Have Alts & How Is It Going?

DomiSotto

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

Ah I think I might still be carrying a torch for that Force Master, because I am getting tempted to install on the 22nd to run a few levels of it. No harm in that, I suppose. :)

Do et!

Do et!

Do et! :D

Beginning to think 22nd will be a good time to swap my focus to both my alts. If I get both of them at least past Act 3, I think I'm set. It does help they got extra lvls from Vipercap event and it's mostly their weapons I need to upgrade, starting with Hujikar. It will be especially good to get FM that far, since I made her on same server as my Destroyer main and I could benefit from a ranged.

So, I've re-installed, and tried to do BSH on the Warlock. Of course this run went south because we got stuck in combat bug on Thrasher. :(

I tried to push a bit ahead on the Summoner, and ended up doing the quest chain for unlocking the Rumble-bees HM skill, and buying a few extra stingers from a couple of crafted batches. So, I am now up to 120 stingers, still 120 short from upgrading the weapon to breeze or what's its name.

I can't both level an FM and grind the SSP/crafting for the stingers, let alone doing a successful BSH and Naryu on the WL, but I am thinking that the prices will jump up again, and maybe they will have a mushroom event coming soon after the SFs.

I cannot predict what will jump up in price and what will collapse next week, stingers or Transformation stones.

The other dilemma is which transformation stones are more profitable to craft. Gotta calculate that.

And, just like that... forget the alts. The new Daily challenge event is going to take all the time I have, and I cannot miss it. I'll stick to WL as my alt for Crimson. Bye-bye, Force Master.

It's never good news from NC Soft, even when it's good news, is it?

Yup, extra HM lvls and mats are always welcome. XP bonus does benefit alts but so many more events benefitting mains even more. Guess my plan of focusing back on my alts got shafted because of upcoming events. Oh well.

I mean, just the prospect of events helping me getting my main past the 500 AP mark a bit faster is too good to ignore in favor of my alts.

6 minutes ago, Tsuchiryu said:

Yup, extra HM lvls and mats are always welcome. XP bonus does benefit alts but so many more events benefitting mains even more. Guess my plan of focusing back on my alts got shafted because of upcoming events. Oh well.

I mean, just the prospect of events helping me getting my main past the 500 AP mark a bit faster is too good to ignore in favor of my alts.

Yes, it will be great. I still need 120 stingers, maybe I will luck out and get a nice drop or something. Gonna be SSP+Daily Challenge for a month. I might though level my alt to 16 to be able to spam crafting to take advantage of the bonus

Seeing that BSH was on the Daily Challenge, I finally ran it on my WL, unlocking the blessed  Naryu. Actually went through it twice, as I saw the letter message show up, but couldn't find it so was wondering if I have to re-enter or something. The second round, the Dragoncall Book 2 dropped, and I bidded what little gold he had, but his 30 something gold was pathetic of course. So, he is like 10 gold richer, but no book.  Well, at least I managed to jump every damnable box.

Then I went for a relaxed, revolving door Naryu run where I missed the first boss, joined as sub for the second one, drew all aggro despite everyone but an FM being a tank in the group but we still managed to get it, even though the WL finally could not quite bastion it out (or maybe beccause of it, lol). But then wiped a couple of times on the last twin boss, half the group quit, and, unbelievably we found 3 people really interested in just killing the last boss. So, 2 ss slivers so far, 45K HP, still a bit too low for SSP.

Did a few more runs on my main after for the daily challenge, and, save for Necro run attitudes overall seemed to relax & people chat.

But I dunno if I can take a month of it. :)

Hey, how did you like Soul Fighter?

I had an awfully long day at work, so I could not do much, so I playtested Soul-fighter vs a Force Master to the same point in the story (first 4 levels). I found the SF to be clunky off the bat. I have both characters, SF exiled on the Windrest, lol. Overall though, liked him less than the Assassin for the sort of mid-ranged character idea. Not sure why its difficulty is rated lower than that of the FM, as FM seems to be exceptionally straightforward. Stuck Embers, drop a big spell. But SF's stance switch, judging range and blocking the opponents moves was pretty hard from the get go... I prob will be running both through Hajoon's training to see the basics.

FM so far is fairly similar to the WL so far, but I want to play it for quite a few levels to get an idea.

Oh, and I've tried a male Gon first as a Force Master with two different pre-sets I had, and it just did not work for me. So, I am playing an F!Cricket for the first time, a Yun, & now have all 5 races for my 5 characters (can I get an achievement for it, pls?). I favor Jin walking/running animations overall, both Yun and Gon are very odd.

I've also tried all the Rumblebees trees on the Summoner (seeing I have the HM skill for it unlocked now) to see how it feels while doing my left-over 3 solo runs of the Brightsone, and I really don't get it why is it more popular. Yes, plenty of focus, but it's worse than the non-helix WL with CDs and the cast times. I guess there are secrets to that build or some high-level BS. I still have 100 achievement points to go before I can shop for the LMB HM skill for the Summoner, and nowhere near on the beans for the pellet.

I don't think I am into gearing past that Breeze weapon anyway....

That challenge is really cool for stingers, just what I needed! Mabbe I can get that breeze after all.... Prob will go from 504 AP to 510, woot.

My main since Alpha's was a BM. I decided to roll a FM so I can do terrors in Misty Woods, to help my main. Then WL's came out and till that point I had realized that this game isn't much melee friendly, so I decided to stick with a WL as main. Now my WL is lvl 50 HM9, BM is lvl 50 HM2, and FM is lvl49 (will be HM2 when I reach 50). Made a KFM as well a week ago cause I was hoping in a leveling event like the one we had with WL's, but since that's not the case she'll stay lvl1 for a looooong time.

Even though I am not that type of player that rolls one alt after the other, I hate that this game isn't more alt friendly. That's the reason why I avoid playing with my alts or make a new one to check the class: cause if I like it, I won't be able to main swap. Its not only the gear but also the HM levels.. So I have to stick with my main, I like it or not, since I don't plan to go back where I started several months ago..

I would love the game to be more alt-friendly. I could enjoy it more, by getting the thrill out of multiple classes. Many more items should just be account bound (including costumes, maybe exclude lore/boss-drops). At current state it's possible and sometimesbenefiting having an alt ... but in summ it's no alt-friendly at all.

This morning was a huge one for my Warlock.

He got the full credit in SSP. All three Terrors and the Boar King. I am speechless. He is Level 50/HM1, with 425 AP, and shy of 46K HPs with a combination of 2 Naryu ss and BSH purple ss.  Of course, from 3 chests only one yielded a key (1) and that's from the Sacred Beast, not Konta or Boar, but that's noting new for my relationship with RNG.

On my main, I left the large guild that my old one merged with, and joined a tiny one. So, it's 3 people now, with nothing special for gear, and we have no problems doing LFPs Daily Challenges. Yesterday we dragged a level 49 HM1 Sin through the whole thing.

The Brightsone Ruins are boring, boring, boring but seeing the Moontears are now almost 1.4 gold each, I am diligently doing 5x a day to keep getting MTS - now I have two crafters that can make them, so I am thinking of buying half and grinding half to keep the cost-time sink ratio reasonable.

I am really torn now between putting pedal to the metal and gearing the WL (like, erm, Awakened Infernal Accessories, duh)... and putting Breeze/OB on my Summoner. Someone in Faction chat by whatever reason checked my gear and asked why I don't have an OPB bracelet. Seriously?

On Thursday, June 23, 2016 at 9:18 AM, 855967_1452550250 said:

I would love the game to be more alt-friendly. I could enjoy it more, by getting the thrill out of multiple classes. Many more items should just be account bound (including costumes, maybe exclude lore/boss-drops). At current state it's possible and sometimesbenefiting having an alt ... but in summ it's no alt-friendly at all.

BnS is not alt-friendly like sky is blue.

On the other hand, once the reasonable build-up is done, it's good to delegate the activities towards the alts capable of handling it. I think any MMO has the account build-up stage, and it is usually full of hardships, but once you are past the extreme pressures of it and added burden on the main, the long-term benefits come to the fore.

Well, that, and I also do not think I am capable of gearing past Breeze anyway, so might as well put two chars in it, rather than have one stuck in the collection mode forever :) Also, don't think I will ever see HM8, no matter how much I play the character.

51 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

Also, don't think I will ever see HM8, no matter how much I play the character.

The exp charms from the daily challenge add up, so it is not that bad the get to HM8.  I went from HM6-HM9 since they added it in and about all I do is the daily challenge and maybe a run of SSP.

13 hours ago, jones6 said:

The exp charms from the daily challenge add up, so it is not that bad the get to HM8.  I went from HM6-HM9 since they added it in and about all I do is the daily challenge and maybe a run of SSP.

Maybe, I dunno. Will see. I have not been doing the daily challenge much till the event hit.

Skipped the Daily Challenge yesterday, 'cause I can't do the Nexus Dungeon, and triple tags never pop... and tbh I needed a break from dungeons. I dunno, I just hate them so much, running 4 a day plus soloing Brightsone endlessly drives me bonkers. Yeah, this event is great and stuff, but... dungeons & time.

Finally felt confident enough to breakthrough the bracelet into the Oathbreaker as suggested by the random guy on the Faction chat, and wow, 522 AP/48.7% crit. My crafters are working overtime, to keep me in buying stingers and keeping above 100 g (I know, pathetic). So, just going to keep adding up soulstones to the pile, and I think will be able to finally get the Breeze weapon upgraded for him in a few days, preferably before my premium expires. Not that it's that big of a discount, but better some than nothing. Gotta throw in the set of SFTS into the making tonight and... well, fingers crossed! probably will even scour the Mistywoods to get the soulstones....

I *really* want that LMB HM, but I have no time to play Arenas to get the HM pellet, my achievements are still stuck at 1160, and even if I get all the foods, I think it's still 10 runs of the Nexus dungeon :( So sad.

The Warlock managed to fit in the Purification Jar quest (another crafting triumph!) but did not achieve anything much over the weekend. His luck ran sideways in the SSP, and I did not have the time to finally finish the story on him or start grinding OMG Cinderlands dungeons for his accessories.

Finally, while I was cooking, my kiddo was having fun with my FM. Since it's a girl-character she is automatically the Best One in the eyes of my daughter. Well, duh, she got her into Cerulean Order because in her opinion it was dishonorable to refuse, and because I guess she did not like the trashy outfit the FM had on (I got the Stalker one on her). So, yeah, I come back and my excited  kiddo (Mom, I got you new dress!) was walking all over the place in Cerulean Faction uniform on a level 10 character and did not get ganked. Guess the server is that dead....

Now I will have to change the Faction on her if I actually decide to play it. But I am itching to try my sin instead for 'just levelling'. Don't think I have another gearing in me for BnS.

Growing tired anyway and wanna quit... again. I am an addict, I know.

Well, thanks to the coordinated efforts on behalf of both the Warlock and the Summoner in the SSP/Mistywoods, I will have everything I need to upgrade my Summoner to True Breeze. So, it's a party and a day off tonight for my small legacy, save for unpacking, restocking and maybe running the daily challenge (argh). Also need to MTS production line back on track since I was hoarding the soulstones & I will be able to reboot once I start the SSP again on Thursday.

Summoner's need for soulstones overshadowed the WL, because he managed to hit HM2, which is a big thing in a life of a toon :) Well, we'll get him some nice accessories next, promise! I know you are working hard, little brother.

Doing SSP on the two alts in two factions is actually super-awesome. I swap depending on what's going on & what each of them needs to finish the quests, and pick the best channel, and even scout for bodies on the other side. Because the Crimson mines all day long, including low-populated APAC time, the gear is not that crucial, though I was unable to get a credit on the Grindtooth.

As for the Dungeons, it was as horrid as expected. I did do the blessed challenge, and an extra run of Yeti to try to figure it out (without any success), plus an extra run of naryu with the WL to see if I can get improvements on the Soulshields. Gods, if I can substitute Arenas for dungeons, I'd be so happy. But, yeah, so far the Daily challenge sucks up all of my time with none of the pleasure. And, to add insult to injury, none of my 3 pouches yielded any 10x drops, but I got 1 Naryu tablet, so that's something if I decide that Scorpio is necessary for some idiotic reason.

I overdid it with coffee yesterday, induced insomnia, so by this morning my Warlock was done with his story, and his accessories all taken care off to Awakened Infernal. Too bad I goofed up and bought siren belt instead of the bracelet that I needed. Now I will have to farm siren emblems to get it. Unless it is not account bound, being that it is blue, and I can buy it with the gazillion siren emblems on my Summoner. Doubt it though. But, well, I am not terrified of that dungeon any more.

The Warlock looked  the part of the story's hero in all the cutscenes much more so than the Summoner. I did after all poured lots of efforts to shamelessly make him the hottest thing to lace up the pants in BnS customized to Domi's tastes in manflesh. It was sweeeeeet when he cut Jinsoyoun down, so pretty.

In fact, he looked so good, that I had a mad idea to go farm the Scorching Sands. I noticed it when cleaning up his inventory before the upgrades, so I thought how bad can a dungeon in Cinderlands possibly be? BIG MISTAKE. One solo run later I knew that he's good-looking enough without the help of the Scorching Sands. :) But blazes, one outfit I wanted... and that's too hard to get.

However, drool-worthy or not, seeing how the market strongly suggests selling MTS, buying stingers right now, I will not be finishing Warlock's accessories set till the MTS prices go down, as OMG, selling for 5.80 yesterday, pinch me, pls.

Even had time to remake the soul-fighter (see how additional 7 hours make all the difference?) and this time I re-bound her off the bat, putting the stance switch to my favorite button on the mouse, and it went not too too bad.  I am obviously not crazy enough to level her much past Jadestone seeing that the competition would be super-steep for resources, but I am glad I subbed her for the FM, because FM was boring after Summoner and WL (no matter how awesome the class is).

I've tried crafting the pentagonal purple pouch, and it only went for 5.85 g on the market. I will try to keep doing it, but it's peanuts compared to MTS cottage industry.

Didn't play at all since well, needed my sleep, but my kiddo wanted to start a character & I let her since we discovered that EU has those 2 free char slots. She made the cutest Lyn girl on Windrest, and I thought that would be it, but there was some furious button clicking and the next thing I knew was that she was calling me after getting an outfit for her cat. From the Bloody thingies that you kill near the wheel.... So, now she has matching outfits for her char and her cat (I explained she could keep killing the Stalker till she gets the outfit). She also got 2 stalker Bracers from her rolls in those couple hours she played, so RNG must love kids. Heh, I have a feeling I won't get my game back till Hajoon dies and it's too sad, or difficulty gets too high for her.

I'v managed to get a couple sets of Daily Challenges done on my junior alt, the Warlock. :) Totally worn out from doing the Daily Challenge twice per day (but caught up for missed days), so took a lazy day today, a DC on my main and a bit of SSP on my lock, plus tried and totally failed to kill the Mistywoods bosses for his necklace. Was totally astounded, since the Summoner just facerolled it at those levels. Then, well, I asked in Faction chat if someone is interested in a partner, and another lock came to just help, then we picked up a Sin, all of us HM3-4, and we laid waste.

As a matter of fact, my lock had the best experiences playing LFG with the low HM/low gear folks. Like doing Awakened Necropolis with two HM1 Soul fighters, and nobody above HM4. No wipes, all good. Lots of chit-chat and joking around (were wiping in Naryu).

To keep karma going I was helping out folks too when I could. All and all, I think the population is mellowing.

Arenas are so dicey, from an absolutely unexpected win over an HM10 Blademaster on a lock (I dunno, must have been the guy's first time to the arenas, because on my summoner I usually encounter BMs that grab him by the throat and do not let go till he is dead, and if he can like shoot out one defense spell in the 0.3 second window all of his abilities are not disabled he feel proud of himself). But yeah, getting a few beans for Summoner's HM pill and Lock's all important Dragoncall, though Dragoncall is going to take ages. It's like 7 of the 5K certificates. With his awesomeness in the Arena it's gonna take a few months. 

Soulfighter I played a bit here and there, got to level 12, and make a cute discovery that if I sort of jump up and glide towards an enemy, her LMB changes and her attack gets a cool animation :) Now I just need to get to the point the awesome SF's healing gonna show up.  The huge plus over the Sin is that so far all the combos are very short an basically 'click when procs' style. I also love the snowstorm it unleashes on V.

I have a total of 9 characters on my main account. I have 3 lvl 50's 1 lvl 49 and 1 lvl 45. I use 2 of the 50's as my mains and the other alts to get away from the high level grind. I am currently leveling a destro. ( lvl 12 atm)

On Monday, July 04, 2016 at 7:30 PM, FaeQueen said:

I have a total of 9 characters on my main account. I have 3 lvl 50's 1 lvl 49 and 1 lvl 45. I use 2 of the 50's as my mains and the other alts to get away from the high level grind. I am currently leveling a destro. ( lvl 12 atm)

I agree with the sentiment. Whenever I play on the low level alt, it feels like a vacation of the problems that the high level alts face. Particularly on the days when I feel overwhelmed by the million of things I need to manage in the game! My SF is basically the same as your Destroyer - just made it to the Jadestone Village at level 14 :)

Been playing more towards making Warlock a co-main rather than the little brother. Got a couple of upgrades on his accessories, but he is still fairly low, and it is the Mushin's tower grind now for him. Ouch. He got an outfit drop from there yesterday, the Jiangshi one. I put it on, and I can't stop laughing because it reminds me that scene in Harry Potter movie when Ron gets his dress robes. I will torture the guy for a while wearing it, I think.

And, I have eaten everything but the HM pill on my Summoner for the LMB. But had no time to do arena at all yesterday, on either. Sigh.

Half-way there on the Warrior tokens for my 3 accessories if the Enlightened necklace drops for my "I am sexy and I know it" Warlock in the grand-aunt's dress. If it does not... well, 3 more weeks. Only did Mushin's tower yesterday, busy/tired & all that.

I am going to try to push for the double challenge today, as I need more Scorpio slivers on the lock & it would work nicely with his 7 remaining tickets. I just need to run one of the Weekend challenges on him, then everything else goes to the Summoner. He is at 440 AP now, so fingers crossed!

Other than that... I need a better outfit for my SF, the Jiangshi one irritates me. So, hopefully can play her over the weekend ad get her something with less  generous cleavage.

Archived