Table of Contents:

I. Terminology and Abbreviations

II. Class Roles

III. Bosses/mechanics

IV. Drops/Loot

V. Other Helpful Links

VI. Closing Statements

I. Terminology and Abbreviations

• AoE - Area of Effect. An area is which damage is dealt.

• CC - Crowd Control. A term used to define an ability that can temporarily put someone in a downed state or a state in which they are unable to fight.

• DPS - Damage Per Second

• Iframe - Invincibility/Invulnerability Frame. An ability used which makes you invulnerable to attack(s).

II. Class Roles:

• Assassin - Melee DPS class. It is known that Assassins bring the highest single target DPS when played correctly.

• Blade Dancer (Lyn Blade Master) - Melee DPS class. With the correct gear and chi management, can output a fair amount of damage and with their CC and Phantom Grip (cMxgNc94xKVy8MJ-yfXMP-DkvjtA2N5G7AUtVJBR) can buy time for their party members to fit in DPS.

• Blade Master - I’d classify Blade Masters as the primary tank of the game, simply for their spammable Block (KbaTdHsUVBWisOrQtx4l6xO0BL0dnzo-W4J9qG66), their ability to hold aggro through DPS, high amount of evasive maneuvers, and invincibility frames. Blade Masters can easily carry out many of the mechanics of this dungeon with their CC and party utility, with the proper knowledge of course.

• Destroyer - Melee DPS class. When the player has their animation cancelling down, this class can bring the hurt as well as has a great skill set to help disable bosses with their array of CC and their grab ability, Seize (0Bp876vZqLNFI8AId7uYSr98Z9aff45okRjX2iUS)!

• Forcemaster - Ranged DPS class. Does great single target and AoE DPS. Although they lack in the CC department, they can bring party utility with their Frost Sheath (BEaTluTPPOFnrVNYmR0XLuxqzDmhUuH-xlNyTzMO) which freezes nearby party members when attacked and is very useful during Scorpion Queen’s Nightmare attack.

• Kung-Fu Master - Another great tank class! They also have a spammable Counter (dLPXOKD0wWe7lO3AIKJiDvbJhSHCaqJYFcRWpnKA) and variety of CC to control the boss with. This class also has a great amount of iframes to deal with many of the phases of this dungeon.

• Summoner - Ranged DPS class. Summoners also offer a great variety of party utility, CC, and debuffs to apply to bosses to increase or speed up DPS. Summoners also come with a cat familiar that can act as a tank with their Curl (XJ8MDsnvRu7uws0vDyLU7vBSJdqinYjpY_q4tWfI) for main bosses or to hold aggro on mobs. The cat also has the ability to grapple with Press (VayI6OxNjkGgW4xe9o3EqlIOU08J8Zy-he3QZpah), which can buy their party time to DPS freely. This class is also great to have around for the Nightmare phase of Scorpion Queen for their Enhanced Sheed Shroud (4MrLuhnBKIK5C7VU9pSfdwrIy82XoqZwHtjKumyk).

• Warlock - A high burst ranged DPS class! Warlocks are usually sought after for their party buff, Soulburn (a1clR3wg2Dg_4ku_NsxVoW8Pec5XX0m26C22JeVs). Their ranged CC with Tether Blade (kl1K4D3leZBeQGI2pHSCVElTKt-EYcvty0p6rn1R) is also makes the first boss of this dungeon very easy.

III. Bosses/Mechanics

At the start of this dungeon, you’re going to need to travel to the main area. To do this, you will need to wall run up the side of a rock and glide to avoid aggroing unnecessary mobs. Once you’ve reached the main area you will be met with the first boss.

Boss/Area 1:

This boss looks just like the first boss you encountered back in the Ten Thousand Soul’s area, though he hits much harder. His attacks are also fairly similar. Before starting the boss, be sure to clear any mobs around him for convenience.

Basic Attacks:

• Double Claw: Will strike with both hands in front of him, dealing damage in a cone and knocking back who gets hit.
  • Forward Jab: Single attack on the main tank.

• Claw Swipe: Will swipe one hand in front of him, dealing damage in a cone.

• Alternating Double Claw: Will swipe twice, once with each hand, in front of him, dealing damage in a cone.

• Leap: Will leap at main tank/aggro holder when out of melee range, dealing damage in an AoE.

• Explosion: The boss will pull in all party members, gather up energy, and let it out in a large burst, dealing damage in a large AoE around him. He can be disabled (use double CC) to prevent this, otherwise you must find a way to iframe or resist the damage.

After you have defeated him, the workers in the area will allow you to advance to the next area.

Boss/Area 2:

For this part, you will split your party members among the nodes indicated on the map, where they will need to defeat a demon and defend their node as workers heal it. This part is fairly simple, but when done incorrectly or not paid enough attention to, can be a pain for everyone else in your party.

There is a mini “dog” boss that you can kill for a daily. I’d suggest leaving this job to anyone going to the far right node. His attack patterns resemble that of the boss that you find in the Lycandi Foothills and is not difficult to defeat. The most important part of this area are the nodes, the mini boss can be left alone.

Tips for Blasting Demon/Node:

• Stay within melee range. If you don’t, he will force grip you and deal a large amount of damage. While in melee range of him, be mindful of his attacks. They’re fairly basic and easy to read, as they are just forward swipes and a readable AoE attack.
  • During node defense, pay the most attention to the mini bosses, explosive demons, hounds, and archangels that spawn as these mobs will deal the most amount of damage to the node and set back the healing process. If the node reaches 0 health, you will have to restart your station. Be sure you are also defending the healers of the node!

• If there is a Summoner on your team, they can very easily solo a node.

• There will be tiny mobs that spawn around your node, if you kill them you will receive a random weapon to aid you in dealing damage.

• You can only advance until all 3 nodes have healed.

Once you’ve successfully recovered all 3 nodes in the area, entrance to Scorpion Queen’s mansion will be granted. Just run to the area and enter using the Dragon Pulse.

Final Boss - Scorpion Queen:

This is the final boss! To be honest, I'm too lazy to say much about her. She's a scorpion. :~)

Basic Attacks:

• Single Claw: Will attack the main tank, striking them with one of her claws.

• Pounce: Will recoil a bit and then pounce at the main tank, dealing damage in front of her.

• Poison Sting: Will attack at the main tank with her stinger. She can be disabled before or after this attack.

• Sidewind: Will lurch back and then snake in a circle, dealing damage in an AoE around her. She can be disabled before or after this attack.

• Forcegrip: If the person with aggro is out of melee range, she will forcegrip the person and deal a massive amount of damage. This is pretty much a one shot in the 4-man, so please be mindful of your distance between attacks.

Nightmare Phase:
The Scorpion Queen will move to the center of the room and alert you of her Nightmare Chain attack. During this, she will do 3 “stomps,” twice. The first two stops being one after another, and the last one being delayed. In my opinion, having a Forcemaster or a Summoner around makes this phase a breeze. Here is how I would suggest going about this:

With a Forcemaster:

• iFrame the first wave by your own means. You should have 3 iframes (YOxPkAMJnVyLNdZcCmCU3eie6yG06yxQZcWYh7E3aWpzGfxFJ0ZKBXlQie2aq1ZtdUkq3dL2Og9y1X0CJU--4P_FN9FoOtu5tNX-1lCmc9jT1x-b3o9wWEj-lCAkl9Bbx0KOgxVm5ijHEyHqBvVrA-xe7Q74QDLgAuZPTLvLu4r1ciV5jB1dkDevOeogJlYf_vEpuyxnYArAV459NVpGRVp-c_YkkHUJW1ZaAspKrS6fkoXQ) or some sort of invulnerability skill, such as a bubble (SW6W7nt5iQYQnEGX7bLmC5fPZ1Mse02h80YjFviBvDm1EwWmtoPeanBr4O_-CAKfmR0tVgvxWuUaOPlZ2Pa2ds7osTIYkC6_eGQUcuiQ8-8KBo82jkOMIhQz).

• Let the Forcemaster cast Frost Sheath (zdjY4U2bmkVpMYPHCH1GaSUIcvgzwnpDLrBGzz_f) to guard you from the first two attacks, and then use your SS to avoid the last one.

With a Summoner:
It goes about the same. I’d suggest getting through the first phase on your own, then let the Summoner use Enhanced Seed Shroud (4MrLuhnBKIK5C7VU9pSfdwrIy82XoqZwHtjKumyk) during the beginning of the second phase, and then aid your way through the last attack.

Other Mechanics:
Scorpion Queen will cast poison puddles on the ranged DPS. It is their job to keep these puddles away from the melee DPS and to take care of the scorpion mobs that spawn from them after they explode. I’d suggest kiting around the mobs until the Nightmare phase, where they will die. However, if you cannot handle them, you are free to kill the mobs for ease.

IV. Drops/Loot:

Possible drops throughout the dungeon are:

Weapons:

• Scorpion Weapon

Soul Shield:

• Scorpion Soul Shield

Accessories:

• Scorpion Belt
  • Scorpion Earring

Outfit Items:

• Sealed Palace Raiment

• Alpha Cat

• Alpha Cat Helmet

• Alpha Cat Mask

Other:

• Lost Hongmoon Secret Technique - Volume 2

• Blade Master’s Winged Protector

• Kung-Fu Master’s Counter

• Destroyer’s Hurricane

• Forcemaster’s Impact/Force Blast

• Assassin’s Decoy

• Summoner’s Seed Shroud

• Blade Dancer’s Malestrom

• Warlock’s Soul Shackle

• Honorary Ornament

• Frozen Venom Dart

• Dragon Tiger Stone

• Naryu Tablet

• Radiant Energy

• Broken Oathbreaker’s Sword False Edge

V. Other Helpful Links

[Blade & Soul] Nightmare of Hell's Gate Mansion - 3men party by Inmates Gaming
Blade and Soul [TW] Awakened Necropolis (Hell Mansion) (4-man) by Amalyna Aylez

VI. Closing Statements
Feel free to comment with any suggestions or fixes! This was made pretty quickly and don't have much time to read over it before the patch coming on the 23rd of March, so I apologize for any errors! I’ll edit the guide accordingly. For any further questions, you can stop by my stream or contact me through Twitter.

Looks good, one kind of important thing to note though is that you not only need to defend the node but the 3 healers around each one. New people here tend to tunnel vision and sometimes let one of the healers die. Thanks for writing these up though. Now the only problem is getting people to read them...

1 minute ago, lnvisibleOne said:

Looks good, one kind of important thing to note though is that you not only need to defend the node but the 3 healers around each one. New people here tend to tunnel vision and sometimes let one of the healers die. 

I include that. ^^ I assume people understand that the node also means the healers, but I'll put that in for safe measure.

4 minutes ago, PopstarPaci said:

I include that. ^^ I assume people understand that the node also means the healers, but I'll put that in for safe measure.

Something that's a given for people that've done it may not be so for new people, better to be safe and include it right? :] (I know I'm nitpicking you a bunch, sorry.)

4 hours ago, ChibiReiko said:

Sorry for being a dumb Scummoner  <3 
But  seed shroud only activates when hit right? And the nightmare phase by the last boss is a red AOE and can't be blocked/countered so how would I activate it? D=

Yeeeeeeep!

So... from a quick glancing at this guide, there are no bosses with enrage timers or some such to worry about in this dungeon, yes? If so, that's good because the last thing we need is a repeat of what we see in Naryu Labyrinth in these later dungeons. Is it the same with the other 2 new Heroic dungeons?

6 hours ago, Tsuchiryu said:

So... from a quick glancing at this guide, there are no bosses with enrage timers or some such to worry about in this dungeon, yes? If so, that's good because the last thing we need is a repeat of what we see in Naryu Labyrinth in these later dungeons. Is it the same with the other 2 new Heroic dungeons?

There are enrage timers. They are indicated above the boss just as you start and will tick down as the fight goes. I will include enrage timers soon. I forgot I left that out. :c It's typically around 5-6 minutes.

How much ap is needed to run this on 4-man? I mean, the minimum required. I'm a warlock sitting on 440, and I can do the 6man version with no problem(with a full 440 party), but I want to be sure that we wont be getting the enraged because of me.

• 3 weeks later...

Which class has the most difficulty soloing any of the nodes? - I recently failed miserably trying to solo a node on a bm, the damage and difficulty of seeing the mobs really made it difficult to kill the mobs to prevent an overrun. D:( I can easily get past the first 2/3 waves but the fourth/fifth overran me. ;/ (the big boss/wolves)

EDIT: After thinking about how I worded this... (boy has this been a off day for me... mistakes are simply way too easy to make...) I am not saying the damage of a bm is bad, as matter of fact I do fairly decent damage on it, but what it does have issues with is the focus/having to be right on top of a mob to rebuild it while in combat... and therein lies the issues imho with soloing a node, that and well the fact that it can be hard to see all the mobs while on it. (Not saying its impossible but it is quite difficult on a bm imho)

1 hour ago, Slivaf said:

Which class has the most difficulty soloing any of the nodes? - I recently failed miserably trying to solo a node on a bm, the damage and difficulty of seeing the mobs really made it difficult to kill the mobs to prevent an overrun. D:( I can easily get past the first 2/3 waves but the fourth/fifth overran me. ;/ (the big boss/wolves)

Probably Assassin. We have 4/5 area of effect attacks all have a cooldown of 24 seconds or more.

On 3/24/2016 at 1:18 AM, ChibiReiko said:

Sorry for being a dumb Scummoner  <3 
But  seed shroud only activates when hit right? And the nightmare phase by the last boss is a red AOE and can't be blocked/countered so how would I activate it? D=

You use the enhanced seed shroud, press 4 then F when Yura about to slam down it will give you 1s of resist

The guide is nice, but lacking. Also telling people that  " having a Forcemaster or a Summoner around makes this phase a breeze  " just make they bias classes even more. 

Anyway: important detail for the node boss is when he started the charge up animation, iframe since it will throw you far away and he will immediately grab you after.

For the last boss, the most important mechanic is the small scorpio, if you lets 3 of them alive and kill right before nightmare then you dont have to dodge the first 3 waves (it deals like 5k damage), I am not sure about the 4th but it should be killed only 1 second before the first jump. To pull those small scorpio just use your lmb and lure them out (you need like 3 man dps if all melee anyway)

Small note: it drops designs for clan outfit crafting as well.

Archived