Faction Balance?

Kiriu

Will factions get more balanced in the Jiwan server because if you are a crimson player it is difficult to progress through your dailies without fighting mobs of players in every channel, because the cerulean's are over populated. i dont mind pvp because i can win a 1v1 or even 1v2 sometimes but its impossible if you run into like 7 players at once every 10 seconds. please do something about this because its getting out of hand.

There is actually some sort of balancing. If there are to many players (+5% or +10% i believe) in a faction, that faction gets locked and nobody can join it. 

Thus, there cant be a heavy imbalance - at least in theory. 

Keep in mind:

- You can switch channels. I found that on my server cerualian and crimson basically have their "own channels". If you enter 1-4 you are basically guaranteed cerulian, if you enter the ones above it's mostly crimson. Might be similar for you, maybe you just chose the wrong channel ;)

- The time matters. While there will be times where more or less players play (less in the middle of the night obviously), there might actually be a time where your faction is more active than the other one and vice versa.

- This is why i wrote "in theory". Bots might overpopulate one faction or the other and thus make the actual player count in there imbalanced. But i dont know why bots would join a faction at all.

- You can also just switch factions. If you cant beat an oponent, join them lol.

• 3 weeks later...

yeah that is true but its the same in every channel and if you do find some ch that even u kill a blue 1v1 they call backup and the ch is filled with blues so fast reds just arent able to get anything done anymore...

On 2016-03-17 at 8:11 PM, Yamyatos said:

There is actually some sort of balancing. If there are to many players (+5% or +10% i believe) in a faction, that faction gets locked and nobody can join it. 

Between all the bots, abandoned characters, and bots, the balance system doesn't work. Some servers are as a result GROSSLY lopsided when it comes to late game characters used by actual people.

The issue isnt something NC soft created or can do anything about.

The players decide on a faction thats it. Even if NCsoft implemented a balance feature, the overpopulated servers would still have the same issue as no player would switch and they cannot force the players to a different faction upon their initial choice.

the way i see it what should be done is once you choose a faction, you can only switch 2 times for the achievements and thats it.. That way people wouldnt be jumping factions to which ever is flavor of the week.

11 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

The issue isnt something NC soft created or can do anything about.

The players decide on a faction thats it. Even if NCsoft implemented a balance feature, the overpopulated servers would still have the same issue as no player would switch and they cannot force the players to a different faction upon their initial choice.

the way i see it what should be done is once you choose a faction, you can only switch 2 times for the achievements and thats it.. That way people wouldnt be jumping factions to which ever is flavor of the week.

Something can completely be done about it.  Something -has- to be done about it otherwise people will eventually gravitate to the faction that gets to always win pvp.

15 minutes ago, Chnmmr said:

Something can completely be done about it.  Something -has- to be done about it otherwise people will eventually gravitate to the faction that gets to always win pvp.

You realize the vast majority of players couldn't care less about OWPvP right? Most people would prefer to avoid it like the plague...which is why people go to the lopsided faction in order to make the forced PvP related dailies for Soulstones into as PvE as possible.  IF there were an equal way to earn SS through non-flagged, pure PvE the OWPvP areas would be mostly deserted.  People want stuff to upgrade their gear and gold - unbalanced (and by unbalanced I mean 6v1's and people with OP gear/skill books that can be bought with gold aka real money) OWPvP is just an annoyance.

8 minutes ago, Chnmmr said:

Thats what IS happening atm.

And thats not something ncsoft can control, faction is a free choice for players. they cannot force people to join a faction they do not want.

On 3/17/2016 at 8:11 PM, Yamyatos said:

Yea, this system is broken, it hasn't functioned properly since day 1. Where on my server, on launch day, the faction npcs would tell you the crimson side was full even though it wasn't. This caused more players to take the cerulean order side because they didn't know how to get around this issue.. That's why factions are imbalanced on most servers. Even now on my server, cerus are more numerous. and more crimsons flock to it all the time increasing the gap.

In theory is a good way to put it. because that's all the system really is, a theory.

15 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Thats what IS happening atm.

And thats not something ncsoft can control, faction is a free choice for players. they cannot force people to join a faction they do not want.

I'm not considering a 'forced' method.  The weaker faction needs incentives to join it.  When the weaker faction gets less Soul stones, chests, keys, etc then people will move away from it to the stronger one.  Channels should provide a reward % bonus based on relative active (wearing the outfit) faction members in a particular channel.  Ofcourse this system can be abused, and that extends to any balancing mechanic, someone will find a way to abuse it.  The simple fact that a full faction can still be joined by repeatedly spamming the 'join faction' button means the system doesn't work.

To add fuel to the fire so to speak.  The clan I'm in decided reluctantly to switch from Cerulean to Crimson for the sake of progression.  It's stupidly easy now, never seen to much soul stones in my inventory... rolling in gold relatively because I no longer have to spend 35-40 silver each on 230 soulstones.  PvP dailies are completing very quickly and there is ALWAYS busy Crimson open world pvp no matter the time of day/night.

Really, it's sad that it is this way.  I truly feel now that my progression was heavily stiffled when I was in the heavily loosing faction.  I've gained 4 faction ranks in a couple of days after switching.. more than I ever had while on Cerulean.  It's ridiculous really and am not happy I've had to become part of the 'problem' in order to progress in this game.

On 3/15/2016 at 1:37 AM, Kiriu said:

Will factions get more balanced in the Jiwan server because if you are a crimson player it is difficult to progress through your dailies without fighting mobs of players in every channel, because the cerulean's are over populated. i dont mind pvp because i can win a 1v1 or even 1v2 sometimes but its impossible if you run into like 7 players at once every 10 seconds. please do something about this because its getting out of hand.

"we are keeping an eye on the situation"      ; )

On 3/17/2016 at 8:11 PM, Yamyatos said:

The balance system prevents players from joining over-populated factions based on the number of people that are CURRENTLY online from each faction. Once factions have been chosen, it does absolutely nothing for balance.

I can attest to the fact that Jiwan is essentially, entirely Cerulean. My clan switched due to the inability to accomplish anything open-world and its been blue skies. The only down-side, where I was getting my "10 kill of the opposing faction" quest done every day, I've now gotten 1 in the last month... I just can't find any Crimson to kill.

The Faction system (imo) has always been an utter mess. If your not in the Faction who can actually DO the quests involved you are pretty much stuffed. the BEST way to fix this method is to create a channel in SSP/MW where Faction does not enable open world PvP, so that way the ones who can never do anything can. If you like to go gank people while doing dailies there would be the normal channels where you can do this and we could go to "safe" channels to avoid these people.

Archived