Giving up

Lei Raion

I'm about ready to stop playing this game all together because of one specific thing. Weapon evolutions.

I'm beyond tired of running Brightstone Ruins, having 1-2 afks each run, and never getting my weapon drop from the chest. I've spent 75+ keys and over 2 dozen runs. This is completely ridiculous. 

Quite frankly, I think NCsoft is intentionally lowering the drop rate of your class-specific weapons to get you to buy hongmoon keys and shitty practices like that are not something I want to be a part of. This isn't the first time I've ran into a week long blockade either, it happened with the level 42(I think it was?) field boss, which took me a good 20~ kills to finally get my weapon from, and my buddy has open over 40 stalker chests to get his warlock weapon and still no go. 

So, I guess I'm asking, am I missing something? 

Have you ever gotten your evolution/breakthrough weapon in one go? Has it always taken two dozen times? I've had my fair share of ridiculous RNG, but I've also had my fair share of good luck. The worst parts are always more memorable, though.

If it's really bad, you can just use the key you get from surveys. Later, you can either craft brilliant keys or buy them through Hongmoon store (they're quite cheap, actually. Granted you do your dailies or are an avid PvPer). I'd say things are quite okay as is.

Wow, holy crap. The community for this game is just as awful as I thought it was. You guys are ridiculous, I was asking questions, not just complaining. Reread please, typically the forums is the place you find the least amount of assholes... just goes to show what this community is like. 

19 hours ago, KrystalHazard said:

Just asking, but if you don't like grinding for gear then what are you doing playing an mmo? O.o

Only curious...

Why am I playing an mmo if I don't like grinding.......... I don't mind grinding. I've ran Brightstone Ruins over 2 dozen times. I've spent nearly a dozen hours doing the same instance over and over and over and over. To get 1 weapon which is REQUIRED to progress. 2 upgrades back I spend 20+ attempts killing a field boss. 1 upgrade back it only took me ~8 attempts to finally get a drop and I am totally okay with that. 

Don't sit here telling me I shouldn't play a game if I don't wanna grind. I don't want completely unreasonable grinds. This isn't an endgame upgrade. IT'S A *cricket*ING STARTER WEAPON. 

For those of you that play WoW, this is not getting a mythic trinket of the 8th boss in HFC, I'm trying to get a starter blue out of a 5man. For weeks now. Because it's a roadblock and I can't go any further without it. Do you guys seriously have no problem with that level of blockade?

I like this game, it has fun gameplay. I can not spend 6 hrs a day doing dailies and grinding these dungeons. The progression with blockades like this weapon evolution taking 25+ runs is seriously irritating.

ALSO --> Hongmoon keys are 23-25g on my server. Which is 4-5 days of dailies.

23 hours ago, Lei Raion said:

ALSO --> Hongmoon keys are 23-25g on my server. Which is 4-5 days of dailies.

First, market place is cross server, so everyone have access to the same stuff, sme prices.

Second, 23-25g is worth 2 days of dailies ^^

And don't forget u can make way more gold per day by many means. (farming beans in pvp, doing blue dungeons runs for moonwater tears, crafting/selling, etc...)

I am not fan of grind for low lvl weapons at all , but i have to say game has mechanics to counter/mitigate  it. You said u have done Brighstone ruins 200 times.

Not even counting possible recipe drops, 2 tears drop each run. For easy counting lets say 1 costs 75s silver . 2 cost 1.5 g. Devided by 5 , you get 30 silver each run if you bid properly. Multiplied by 200... You got the point.

I know it might not be fun over time  , but you still did spend your time in one of the most efficient way  when it comes to gold. And you didn't have to run after for sure less than 80 runs as you did earned for key already.

28 minutes ago, Akamu said:

Can you buy Brilliant keys with HMC?

Either way, it's just RNG. Seems silly to quit over this. I think what you should really be complaining about is the bots that make the grind more exasperating.

You can.

Lol, if you don't like the farming stage, you can just spend $5 and buy a key. You probably spent that $5 for a plate lunch or Starbucks daily. But then, what is there to do after you pay to win the game?

You can get a brilliant Cinderlands Key from survey 9 at lv 20, use that for Tomb of Exiles. You get a Brilliant Moonwater Key from another survey, use that for the Brightstone weapon. If you didn't get the cinderlands key from the survey its a bug, sent a ticket to support and they will send you the rewards from that survey. 

Also the stalker weapon is blue...just trade(mail) with someone else. 

On 3/12/2016 at 8:00 AM, Lei Raion said:

Don't sit here telling me I shouldn't play a game if I don't wanna grind. I don't want completely unreasonable grinds. This isn't an endgame upgrade. IT'S A *cricket*ING STARTER WEAPON. 

For the record I didn't "tell" you anything. I asked a simple question which I qualified with "just curious".

You say you don't mind grinding and then proceed to rail about how much you've had to grind.

Fascinating...

Archived