the female Yun and female Gon.

Yashuoa

I like the races in blade and soul so far.

Look wise:

Jin.

The most human like race, which is a type that is in most mmorpgs.

Something many people like. Glad to have this type of race too.

Gon.
The giants like race. Not something I would personally play, but I think they are cool as a race in the mix,

to have some from in your team and to fight against. So they are also good to have.

Lyn.

The animal like tinier race. Maybe not for everyone, but really cool in my book.

So far so good. I like the differences and mix of the 3 races, but than we get the fourth one:

Yun. 

As a new player I may have overlooked something, but arent they basically a female Gon looks wise?

Both tall.
Both long legs.

I know the Gon and Yun females are different lore wise, but from the looks of it, they seem to be roughly similar arent they?

Doesnt feel like the Yun complement the other races very well look wise.

Or do they?

Yeah they are different because they only have females but those look like female Gon to me so far.

I feel like Yun are naturally more lithe than Gon, although with character creation you can make them look however you want. It's also hard to tell sometimes, but Yun ears are pointed. They aren't an "elf", but based on your list I would put them under that category.

Lots of the hairstyles of Yun go over their ears, so I had not noticed the slightly pointed ears yet.
Thanks for pointing that out :).

Yeah they seem more Lithe than Gon, but that also depends on how you make them look like you said.

Good points.

The Yun are basically the elven equiavalent in BnS. It just so happens that some Gon presets are similar to Yun. I prefer to think that the default preset for Gon is what most of them are, brown skinned, and hardy giants.

Also, amusingly Yun cannot have giant breasts, probably so that they remain in proportion to their delicate frame, as compared to both the Jin and the Gon.

Yuns are supposed to be really beautiful (aesthetic and all), lithe/slender, etc. 

Tbh, compared to all the females in other races - I feel that Yuns are a lot more easier to make 

beautiful since their adornments, make-up, face presets are set up really nicely.

Gons = have a weird chin that's sort of a pain to fix so that it looks less pointy/long, torpedo boob feature if you make the boobs too big, bigger build and super curvaceous, majority of skin choices are tan 

Jins = weird nose / chapped lips complexion (there's like, only 1 w/o chapped lips or 2 idk), normal petite build

Yuns = good complexions, presets are actually decent, calves look weird when they stand or if you make them too big, tall slender prob best fit as korean idol build imo, elven ears lol  

I personally feel that Gons and Yuns are super different from each other.

Gon female hands are huge, even at smallest setting :( can't really make it proportionate enough for tiny gons.  So there's another way they're different. The general facial aesthetic is different too. Gon's are conventionally 'sexy' and bold whereas Yun are innocent and delicate/graceful. 

I feel like Im the only one who thinks Jins and Gons look the same.  Yuns are so skinny even when thick, and have those small skinny hands, I never confuse them for anything else.

I know its bad but, when I see a dark skinned Jin, I always assume its a short Gon.

2 hours ago, Yashuoa said:

I like the races in blade and soul so far.

Look wise:

Jin.

The most human like race, which is a type that is in most mmorpgs.

Something many people like. Glad to have this type of race too.

Wait.. Jin is the most human like? With pointy chins and anime faces? Seems like that's what they do in Asian plastic surgery. They shave the chins to be pointy which is not natural. Don't get me started with their running animation (Female Jin.)

I think Yuns have better human like faces. Although they are very Fashion Model skinny side, which is good in my book.

My Yun character:

Oracle2_zpshokpibgi.png

13 minutes ago, Oracle said:

Wait.. Jin is the most human like? With pointy chins and anime faces? Seems like that's what they do in Asian plastic surgery. They shave the chins to be pointy which is not natural. Don't get me started with their running animation (Female Jin.)

I think Yuns have better human like faces. Although they are very Fashion Model skinny side, which is good in my book.

My Yun character:

Oracle2_zpshokpibgi.png

Jin is the most human, because they represent the commont Korean person, which in this case you don't know, is a game based on Korean/Chinese mythology. Even a lot of the hairstyles and outfits have a very Korean flare which is honestly what I love about this game. It really sets it apart from the hundreds of Wuxia MMOs out there that is just a copy of either TwelveSky or Perfect World. 

5 minutes ago, qpoljanan said:

Jin is the most human, because they represent the commont Korean person, which in this case you don't know, is a game based on Korean/Chinese mythology. Even a lot of the hairstyles and outfits have a very Korean flare which is honestly what I love about this game. It really sets it apart from the hundreds of Wuxia MMOs out there that is just a copy of either TwelveSky or Perfect World. 

Well thanks for letting me know I didn't know that...

Anyway your "human like" definition is debatable. But I guess I see where your view stands and I respect that. I still think pointy chin is from plastic surgery.

It is most definitely a jab on S. Korea's rampant plastic surgery, but honestly it feels like almost everyone and their grandmothers do it that it may as well be considered their natural face. So, funnily enough, the fact that Yun is by far the most "human" as you say,  makes their deviation from the norm (the big eyed, pointy chin and fat lips) what makes them mysterious and alluring when put into context in Blade and Soul's world.

1 hour ago, Oracle said:

The Jin seem to represent the more human type race the most.

They are not giants nor do they have the animal features (ears tail)

and they have both male and female, unlike the Yun.

Sure the Jin dont look like us real life humans, but this mmorpg has characters in an anime style (japanese cartoon style for lack of better wording).

So obviously as cartoons they dont look like real life humans in that sense, yet the race jin, can still represent humans the most.

That is what I meant with that they are the most human like.

Archived