Ban people that buy gold from websites pls!!!

Toragos

Ban those crickets who buy gold from the bots, its the only way to minimize the bots a little bit more. 

This is how they opperate, lets say a player wants to buy gold from a website, the company tells him to put it up on the market for the selling price as the gold he bought, then it would be harder to track. If you know the prices on market for every item, most people are dumb and put up a cheap item. Ban those who makes extremely high prices for an item that isnt that much worth. I will recommend you to have GM and Moderators to keep on track of everything that is being sold by players like every god darn game is doing to prevent bots from harvesting the game. Not to talk about the missing quarts that is absolutly impossible to farm because bots keep a timer on when they can go farm them again.  

Besides from that people that buy gold from a website instead of using ncoins to buy gold are not contributing to the game. PLS ban those crickets or atleast give them a suspends on 1 week or 1 month. Im tired of looking in the god darn chat and im tired of BDJSBGDABHDB farming the quarts instead of a real player.

I agree that they should do something against the bots. I mean, they already did so. It was way worse before. But the problem is not completely solved yet. At all. 

However i disagree with your method. That's how markets work. Somebody puts up items for some price, pays the fee and somebody else buys it or does not buy it. It's self-regulating. So people are not doing anything wrong when they put in gold potions for a hundred gold. Which means you cant just ban people for putting stuff in there for 100g and if you do, they will put in 10 items for 10 gold each instead. 

but this is one of the few possibility to transfer gold between your own chars

you have to spend money on the game to use the mail but you will get banned if you transfer gold to your own chars anyways haha

23 hours ago, Yamyatos said:

I agree that they should do something against the bots. I mean, they already did so. It was way worse before. But the problem is not completely solved yet. At all. 

However i disagree with your method. That's how markets work. Somebody puts up items for some price, pays the fee and somebody else buys it or does not buy it. It's self-regulating. So people are not doing anything wrong when they put in gold potions for a hundred gold. Which means you cant just ban people for putting stuff in there for 100g and if you do, they will put in 10 items for 10 gold each instead. 

Did you read what I said or just skipping through it. If you set up an item that is worth 1 silver and put it up to 100 gold isnt that suspicious. 

23 hours ago, Verex said:

but this is one of the few possibility to transfer gold between your own chars

you have to spend money on the game to use the mail but you will get banned if you transfer gold to your own chars anyways haha

Well then you cant complain about the bots. Good luck in the future, loads of games do this to prevent gold sellers, so idk spend 5 euro ones and be able to transfer via mail. If you are 12 year old kid, i dont know if you should play this game, but pls if you are an adult contribute and have no problem.

On 5.3.2016 at 2:42 PM, Yamyatos said:

I agree that they should do something against the bots. I mean, they already did so. It was way worse before.

it was worse? i didn't think it could get any worse but now i am recieving friend requests with their stupid website non stop, get PM's in the forum, in-game mail, how long are we expected to endure this nuisance?

can the dev's not comprehend how annoying that is for the players?

23 hours ago, Toragos said:

Did you read what I said or just skipping through it. If you set up an item that is worth 1 silver and put it up to 100 gold isnt that suspicious. 

Suspicious yes, but didnt you read what i wrote or just skip through it? :P

First off, they are allowed to do so. You cant just start banning people for using their right of using the marked. Then again, if you didnt get what i meant: There are problems involved. If you scan for such items, you will set some sort of criteria. They will find out and just put them in for less money. Meaning: If you scan for 100 gold items they'll put in 10x 10G. Still suspicious? What about 100x 1G items? Where do you draw the line between an stupidly high offer and a person trying to buy gold? 

It's just a gimmicky way of solving the problem that might cause more false bans than actual ones. Maybe you get the problem now. And still, it contradicts the fundamental idea of how a free marked works. Basically what ur saying is that ncsoft controls the prices and only lets us change them by a small margin at a time. That's not a free marked anymore.

Oh and one more thing... what u gonna do when we hit the 50 patch and suddenly everything is sold for 10x the amount lol. Ban every single player? xD 

I hope you get that there are many problems involved in this idea.

23 hours ago, Toragos said:

Well then you cant complain about the bots. Good luck in the future, loads of games do this to prevent gold sellers, so idk spend 5 euro ones and be able to transfer via mail. If you are 12 year old kid, i dont know if you should play this game, but pls if you are an adult contribute and have no problem.

To be fair, we used to do that in another game to share our groups wealth on expensive items. We made spreadsheets on how to divide our earnings. It seems less of an issue here with the bid system, but potentially people could want to do it on say expensive recipes in the hundreds of gold to split more accurately than guessing and affording the current market price to share it the dungeon.

If they can find a way to ban people buying from them, I'm for it though.

You know, most botters sell gold by bringing the buyer into a dungeon and pay extremely high gold for an useless item. They do this because bidding is not tracked and are not trackable. Just a fun fact c:  and no i dont buy gold learned this from cross server

who cares if they buy golds from bots or not. It's none of your business. Let them do whatever they want. If they get caught, they get banned. Its their choice, not yours.

You play your own game. Cut the sh.it out of someone else's business. Are you crying and whining because you can't sell your gold to them? because they choose to buy golds through other 3rd parties? I DONT CARE IF THEY BUY GOLDS OR NOT WHO CARES.

^^^They do buy gold off real legit players if you have lot with decent price too lol.

I played FFXI and before I quit that game I hold 297 Millions gil. It's a waste if I close my account for nothing so I just sold those gils to gold sellers for 1500 bucks...It's a real deal there LOL

I've said it multiple times:  a combination of issuing warnings and banning players who buy gold, with GMs performing moderate fieldwork is the way to go.  Find a bot, track transactions.  They'll lead you to the players buying the gold, handlers or other bots, all of which should be banned.

easy way is increase the payouts from mobs --drops and such price the goldsellers out of it as noone will need em 

same goes for crafting mats -- 

a complete change of attitude is needed as if the bots and goldsellers arnt removed, they will have no people to support the game  and that will be a big losse for nsoft 

not for top game as it seems gold falls out the sky but lower lvls where cash is very hard to get and the  `i want it now ` people who will  resort to goldsellers will have the reason to use such removed

i dont want to see a dam good game destroyed by this- other games sort em out why cant this 1 -- unless there is a vested interest 

Archived