Invasion of Chinese Destroyer bots

Kenriclives

Probably been brought up already, but I find it annoying they can reach level 45 and farm for more than a week in the same spot without being banned.  I've reported every day on two characters for a week or so.  I hope other players are reporting these bots.  If you'll notice, all use the Profane Axe from the wheel at Orchard of Souls.

Screenshot_160217_004_zpsx6kzt8ds.jpg

I reported a leveling bot .. IT was obvious he was botting since he was standing on the spawn point and when the spawn popped he went through the same combat sequence without ever moving ..

once he hit level 11 guess what name was spaming gold selling in the region ..

THIS game is incredibly over populated with bots

A few days ago I found a summoner bot train...submitted a report ticket, automated reply. It seems kind of futile to report them since I know 20 more have zoned in as I'm sending the ticket. If they would just region block China I still think there would be way less of an issue.

1 minute ago, Kensho1996 said:

I reported a leveling bot .. IT was obvious he was botting since he was standing on the spawn point and when the spawn popped he went through the same combat sequence without ever moving ..

once he hit level 11 guess what name was spaming gold selling in the region ..

THIS game is incredibly over populated with bots

it has always been overpopulated by them. they should bring Japan Login script

This is just a wild theory, but they probably hacked into Premium just like how they have a speed hack. All they have to do is find the line of code with the Premium and change it to "PREMIUM=TRUE" or "PREMIUM=1" to activate it. That is, if that's how it was coded.

3 minutes ago, Killian said:

A few days ago I found a summoner bot train...submitted a report ticket, automated reply. It seems kind of futile to report them since I know 20 more have zoned in as I'm sending the ticket. If they would just region block China I still think there would be way less of an issue.

This was my issue also.  Region blocking China and even other regions would have been great.  NCsoft probably had something in the agreement saying they wouldn't do that when bringing it to NA/EU.

Just now, Kenriclives said:

This was my issue also.  Region blocking China and even other regions would have been great.  NCsoft probably had something in the agreement saying they wouldn't do that when bringing it to NA/EU.

I don't really know anything about the legalities, but since B&S cn and tw already exist I don't see why they aren't blocked.

2 minutes ago, Sanjhiyan said:

This is just a wild theory, but they probably hacked into Premium just like how they have a speed hack. All they have to do is find the line of code with the Premium and change it to "PREMIUM=TRUE" or "PREMIUM=1" to activate it. That is, if that's how it was coded.

the cost of the premium though IS not that high when you consider that they are charging $7 I think per 10 gold I think AND the gold exchange IS WAY HIGHER ..

I have grave misgivings about the thought processes of the people setting prices for items in this game 

1 minute ago, Killian said:

I don't really know anything about the legalities, but since B&S cn and tw already exist I don't see why they aren't blocked.

THERE is no legal reason they couldn't block these regions BUT would it help ..

also with the extreme drop in actual players that seems to have already occurred THEY might be afraid to lose the gold farmers and bots that are paying some form of subscription 

I am seeing Destroyer bots all over the place, easy to spot as they nearly all seem to be wearing the Hongmoon uniform. There was about 20 of them crowded around the trader in Lycandi Foothills just in their underwear, a whole bunch stood in Bamboo Village spamming gold sales and at most world bosses there seems to be a bot train running circles until the boss spawns... First thing that popped into my head was the robot race track in Fallout 4 when I saw them all "racing" each other :p Also every time I go to a dungeon that's easily soloable there will be destroyers with letter salad names going in and out, 

56 minutes ago, Kenriclives said:

They are 100% bots.  Even the one in the guild.  Played for 2 years on CN and I know them when i see them.

Paying for premium isn't that much when in turn they can farm mobs 24/7 and even do dailies.

any advice as to the harder to decipher ones?

lol its starting to be like roaches. You see 1 and you know there is at least 30 >__>

1 hour ago, Sanjhiyan said:

Uh, no.  You could probably hack your client to make it look to *you* like you have premium, but you'd almost certainly have to hack the server to make it look like that to everybody else, and get the non-cosmetic benefits.  And if they could hack the server, they wouldn't need to bot, they'd simply give themselves the money/exp/whatever.

Movement is generally handled clientside though, so speed/teleport/no collision hacks you'd just have to modify the client.  (Though IMO, any decent MMO developer should realize the client can and will be hacked, and have some serverside verification.  Sorta of odd how even AAA games seem to fail to realize this.  *cough* ESO *cough*)

Archived