EUROPE SERVERS RANT

helheim

okay this is getting ridiculous. playing with 300 ms in arenas IS unacceptable , we have a PROBLEM WITH THIS GAME ONLY ITS NOT MY INTERNET SORRY .

Do we actually have europe servers ? 

Only people that are not premium have delay  ? premium ppl dont complain as much as free users

And the fact that we have no clarification on this for like 1 month is pathetic

can you just stand up and say it NCSOFT ? there are no europe servers , we are just connected to NA 

How do you expect me to play this game , which is all about reaction ? i picked kung fu and immediately after i hit 45 and entered arena , i notice that my stun and dazes last half as long as it should

(all kfm stun/dazes are minimum of 2 sec  , because of the lag  , i only see them stunned for 1 sec or less than that , which makes playing non existent if you want to compete in arenas )

can you just fix the problem and separate EU AND NA arenas/dungeons ?  and actually introduce EU servers ?

i think that i will put this game on pause for the time being , as most of the eu players will do soon. good luck to all others and have fun

NA wins this one

PS : yes this was a rant , its stated in the topic , dont flame me , just share your opinion about the problem

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol ncsoft rarely or never answers to posts that aren't related to money.

Don't get  me wrong not getting the ncoins that you bought should be an high priority thing for ncsoft to look at but most of the time people are complaining about other things like optimization or ping problems and those threads never get a post from a ncsoft member.

Also threads about how expansive every thing in the ncoin shop is and how everything is character bound  get ignored as well.

this game is probably just a cashgrab that will  be dead in a year and then it will be closed lol.

Believe me, Premium users also have lag/latency/high ping/whatever. Maybe, just maybe Premium (paying users) can afford WTFast or something similar and have problem solved to some extent. 

I use WTFast just because I cannot play this game without it and I mean it. This pisses me off coz in addition to monthly membership fee I need to pay for additional services too. Never ever in my gaming experience (15+ years) I had to use such means to be able to play a game. Even when I played B&S on CN or RU servers I had absolutely no problems with latency or high ping. 

Why do people keep posting this? Use the Dev tracker and you will see that Lock6 responded to this exact question yesterday.

I'm in the UK and my ping to the game server in Germany is around 28ms. My ping to the login servers and servers used by the char info, market place etc (which are in NA I believe) is around 260ms on average.

i dont mind paying , but this looks exactly what Kawasaki said , cashgrab for EU only , they will probably remove the so called eu servers when nobody connects. i mean rly ?

120 eu for master pack

in game items that boost your progress

20 eu premium

boxes for outfits 

item slots ?

by the looks of it seems like a scheme to drain money and thats about it .

and lets say for the avarage person that spend 150-200 eu on this game , what does he get when he finaly level up to max? 300 ms in arena (THIS IS PVP GAME , ITS ALL THAT MATTERS)

also when you go for blackwyrm , my god dont get me started , 10FPS on my pc (my pc runs WOW GW2 AION LINEAGE 2 on max settings with 100fps or higher , in wow i have 100+ on max settings in LFR) but thats not all folks , YOU ALSO LAG I REPEAT NOT ONLY FPS DROP , YOU ALSO LAGG AS IN DELAY 

i feel robbed tbh

there is a reason why we have only 1 top kfm in the rankings and multiply in the NA (GUESS WHAT IS THAT REASON)

and no i dont want to connect with WTFast because :

- WTFast does what blade and soul EU servers does : you connect to a server , that connects you to the actual game server

- IF you use WTFast : you connect to a server that connects to a server that connects to EU server that connects to NA 

does that seem right to you ? i guess not

i really like this game but its the only game from all other big MMO that i have crazy ping

heck , i even have a blade dancer on BNS RU (Official russian bns) , i have 50 ms there . I repeat : 50MS , can you believe it ?

they relocated their servers last year , they are now closer to eu and have no lag there , so tell me how i have less ms to RU servers , than to the actual so called europe servers ( that probably dont exist) ? i should have 55 ms to Frankfurt , make that  60

im sorry but this is unacceptable 

are europeans that much of a second hand people in the eyes of NA ?

Eu servers? I dont believe we have.

I also believe that eu servers are in Na and they just use a simmilar service like wtfast with private direct line.

I will ask u now !

The fact that Na n Eu are doing maintenace same time even though dif time zones doesnt that make u ask ur selfs ...why.

Ill tell u why ...cause they are in the same place  smh.

Dont tell me they do it remotely lol cause even that is fishie n means no staff on eu servers to make a maintenance.

So if thats the case it explains why when eu servers goes bad it takes do long to get fixed cause in best senario there is no staff to fo it assuming everything is doing remotely!

3 hours ago, Goks aka ComradeLordz said:

Erm as premium user i get 300 ms in arena, dungeons... and wtfast doesnt help much since it records so much lag spikes and loss packet that its unacceptable. 

i previously poster pic with problem btw 2 ncsoft servers the latency is huge gap btw them too, i get same ping on EU as i get on NA.

Being premium doesn't mean that you have priority lol .

• NCSOFT
6 hours ago, helheim said:

cmon NCSOFT , give an answer , when are we going to get EUROPE servers for real not this lie ?

Hi,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with lag.

The EU game servers are located in Frankfurt, Germany. If you are experiencing severe latency we recommend you contact our Customer Support who will be able to help you troubleshoot the issue.

27 minutes ago, Lock6 said:

Hi,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with lag.

The EU game servers are located in Frankfurt, Germany. If you are experiencing severe latency we recommend you contact our Customer Support who will be able to help you troubleshoot the issue.

The only thing in germany are the world servers all other game aspects login, market, arena & cross server seem to be NA based looking at the share number of reports of pings being specifically higher and in the same range (200+ms vs <50ms in world), across many ppl from everywhere in the EU.

That would also explain why the EU cannot have its own maintanance time as majority of the servers are shared.

I'd like an honest reply as to what really is hosted in germany and what is not cause if its true that only the world server is there then the whole "EU" server is just a lie and could be considered false advertisement if u ask me.

I'm on fiber myself and have no lag in the world ever but in arena and cross dungeon I have seen lag spikes that really make it quite obvious.

• NCSOFT
1 minute ago, Err0rC0deX said:

The only thing in germany are the world servers all other game aspects login, market, arena & cross server seem to be NA based looking at the share number of reports of pings being specifically higher in them same range (200+ms vs <50ms in world), across many ppl from everywhere in the EU.

That would also explain why the EU cannot have its own maintanance time as majority of the servers are shared.

I'd like an honest reply as to what really is hosted in germany and what is not cause if its true that only the world server is there then the whole "EU" server is just a lie and could be considered false advertisement if u ask me.

I'm on fiber myself and have no lag in the world ever but in arena and cross dungeon I have seen lag spikes that really make it quite obvious.

Hi,

Some web-based services such as login and the marketplace require a connection to NA based servers, but the game servers (ie, any time you are directly controlling your character) are located in Frankfurt, Germany.

12 minutes ago, Lock6 said:

Hi,

Some web-based services such as login and the marketplace require a connection to NA based servers, but the game servers (ie, any time you are directly controlling your character) are located in Frankfurt, Germany.

Well the numbers reported by players beg to differ.

Since this is an unreal engine 3 game can we get the "stat net" command enabled through settings so we can see the actual in game ping reported by the engine?

That would prove much more useful then what taskmanager reports and is used by most people complaining.

13 minutes ago, Err0rC0deX said:

The only thing in germany are the world servers all other game aspects login, market, arena & cross server seem to be NA based looking at the share number of reports of pings being specifically higher and in the same range (200+ms vs <50ms in world), across many ppl from everywhere in the EU.

Holy crap I think this explains why I don't get network connection lag coming to think of it if I ever do get connection issues the problem is on their end.
I play on eu server but I am further from it that most eu players with even slightly lower bandwith compared to that of european countries(i have a 65mbps speed) I am currently in the caribbean, some islands near venezuela, and I play on starfall crater EU. No lags...cross dungeon...no lags(load screen takes a while sometimes)....area....no....lag.

Omg thsese scamps :O

7 hours ago, Bartas said:

Believe me, Premium users also have lag/latency/high ping/whatever. Maybe, just maybe Premium (paying users) can afford WTFast or something similar and have problem solved to some extent. 

I use WTFast just because I cannot play this game without it and I mean it. This pisses me off coz in addition to monthly membership fee I need to pay for additional services too. Never ever in my gaming experience (15+ years) I had to use such means to be able to play a game. Even when I played B&S on CN or RU servers I had absolutely no problems with latency or high ping. 

i use battleping and its the same so i pay for nothing

7 minutes ago, Bcl said:

i use battleping and its the same so i pay for nothing

Battleping and WTFast are just like what razer is to computer peripherals, its the same thing but made pretty to appeal to gamers. Their just VPN's services with a well done marketing since so many ppl seem to buy into it hoping a third party can magically fix things.

Back on topic at lock6 can we get the "stat net" option enabled in like settings so we can see the unreal engine ping just like we can see the fps this already in the engine and don't think it would hurt anyone having it.

• NCSOFT
8 minutes ago, littlecutebunnynose said:

Hi,

We've seen a lot of confusion around this issue, so I'll try and explain what you're seeing here.

The first thing that may surprise you is that the NA game servers are not located in Austin, Texas either, so even if you were connecting to the NA game servers (which you aren't) this is still not the location. NCSOFT uses a datacenter located in Austin, Texas and many of the IPs we use are registered there.

If you were only connecting to servers located physically in the US, there is no way you would see a ping as low as 30, or even 100.

I hope that helps!

2 minutes ago, Err0rC0deX said:

Battleping and WTFast are just like what razer is to computer peripherals, its the same thing but made pretty to appeal to games. Their just VPN's services with a well done marketing since so many ppl seem to buy into it hoping a third party can magically fix things.

These services work very well, they do it by manipulating routing so you always get the best stable connection instead of the random route you get through the ip, the problem with ncsoft games is that it is the server infrastructure causing the issues, so no matter how fast you can get to and from somewhere if there is a queue inside there will still be a delay.

Archived