Burn Build - Do We Really Need Impact ?

ShanX

After the new update with Blazing Soul reducing Inferno CD by 3 Sec each time you use Dragon Blaze.

I find it a lot easier to just use Short Fuse 18 sec CD ( 10 sec Burn ) then use inferno 45 Sec CD ( 6 Sec Burn ) after short fuse has worn of.

Of course when enemy is Burn debuff you spam Dragon Blaze and the Fire Beam ( forgot name ) as much as you can.

I find that after I have re-applied short fuse 2nd time and half way through it my inferno is back up again.

So I tend to spend my skill points elsewhere instead of impact as I don't find it useful anymore jus for burn debuff purpose only.

Of course like many FM you only use BURN rotation skill when facing a high HP mob or Boss.

For any trash mobs the F Spam skills is more than enough.

Let me know what you think.

Force blast as it is the primary way of applying burn so it guarantees u will have a way to apply burn no matter what as impact and blazing palm cost no focus and dont have a CD.

Also short fuse that gives 10 sec burn has a 30s CD not 18 that one has a 5s burn, almost inferno i use as more of a dps skill right after duel drags as it stacks 5 embers that add to the dmg of it by ember explosion like Duel Drag>inferno>meteor>Anicanc 2 spam

9 hours ago, ShanX said:

After the new update with Blazing Soul reducing Inferno CD by 3 Sec each time you use Dragon Blaze.

I find it a lot easier to just use Short Fuse 18 sec CD ( 10 sec Burn ) then use inferno 45 Sec CD ( 6 Sec Burn ) after short fuse has worn of.

Of course when enemy is Burn debuff you spam Dragon Blaze and the Fire Beam ( forgot name ) as much as you can.

I find that after I have re-applied short fuse 2nd time and half way through it my inferno is back up again.

So I tend to spend my skill points elsewhere instead of impact as I don't find it useful anymore jus for burn debuff purpose only.

Of course like many FM you only use BURN rotation skill when facing a high HP mob or Boss.

For any trash mobs the F Spam skills is more than enough.

Let me know what you think.

First things first, its a yes that we still need impact reason being dragonblaze doesnt reduce inferno or short fuse's cooldown but meteor shower instead... so we still need a reliable way of refreshing burn debuff.

Secondly, the 18sec version of short fuse has 5 sec burn, the 30sec version what we should be using has 10sec burn. So i dont really know what ur trying to say here... which ends up to the topic question doesnt make much sense to me as well.

In 50 patch with part 1 book from yeti and part 2 from nightmare we will unlock Aura blast hongmoon level.Now dmg may not look that good but in 50 that damn skill crit for 12-15k :D

Also from Snow Jade we will unlock 2(will have the speed of ice rain).Imagine C up and dragonchar with ice rain speed :)

Practice it to get good ! Now you may not explode every 5 stacks because,well not that big of a deal,but work around your combos to master 1 on every 5 stacks.

And master your tank abilities....lvl 50 bracelet have threat increase...you gotta love ogres in new faction zone,trust me.

You can't keep burn up 100% without Impact so yes it is still useful.  I use the shorter CD Fuse and there's still 2-3 Impact's per cycle where I need to reapply burn.  Not having burn on the target is one of the largest drops to DPS you can give yourself.

Archived