Summoner: PvE is OP, PvP is Underpowered

nestharus

*edit*

based on PvP rankings, it appears that summoner is actually op in PvP : ).

I still stand by my comments on PvE though! Anyone that tells me summoner ain't op for PvE is a liar.

*end edit*

So, just wanted to start a discussion.

fyi, I do have a summoner. I actually have all 7 classes.

I think we can all agree that when it comes to PvP, summoner is pretty underpowered. How to fix this? Don't know. I'm not a PvP person : p.

When it comes to PvE, summoner is overpowered. Either the cat damage needs to be reduced a lot more + taunt nerfed down to maybe 1 second just to get enemy off of a summoner that does too much DPS, or the taunt needs to be removed entirely and cat damage nerfed a little.

That's my opinion. Keep in mind that I base this off of EverQuest 1 pet classes, and they work the same way as what I described above. You could go for a more tanky, taunting, rooting pet, but would have to sacrifice your DPS. Nukes would have a % chance to break the roots and you could still easily steal taunt from your pet, so you had to manage your agro. You could also go with a high DPS pet, but then without a tank, you would pretty much be tanking anything you were fighting.

I think that if you don't have to manage your agro while dishing out truckloads of DPS (moreso than other classes), the class is OP.

uhm... but...

taunt already nerfed... its not 8 sec full taunt anymore... *you will find so many topic about this taunt nerf if you want to know the details...

lost Doom n Bloom AoE damage as heal since only damage on first mobs hit counted as heal... in other word nerfed too...

cat damage... well there's two specs of cat, alley or house...

alley cat have high damage but low defense, while house cat have low damage but high defense... *but i think even with alley cat specs, the cat doesn't have that many dmg... ~~

if cat taunt entirely removed and cat dmg nerfed... dunno... maybe many summoner will go rage quit or at least change to other class...?

but i agree on summoner is better in pve than pvp... ~~

Um..since the cat doesn't attack when tanking, isn't that a bit of a damage nerf to a summoner tanking. Also, with the current change to the taunt, summoners now have to use dodge/counters when it wears off instead of spamming dps for the full 12 secs. Also, summoners don't seem to be underpowered in PvP. Last I checked, a summoner was top of the arena list (though likely has changed by now).

Personally I've found the taunt change to be fine. It seems to work ok everywhere except Mushins tower and against mobs associated with OWPvP.

16 hours ago, nestharus said:

I think we can all agree that when it comes to PvP, summoner is pretty underpowered. How to fix this? Don't know. I'm not a PvP person : p.

Let me just make one thing clear. Are you serious?

Oh my god, topic name suggest you are. For crickets sake, Summoner is the most OP class in pvp topping all charts, with nearly 35% of people above ogld being scummoners (that name came into being because of them being OP shit that requires no skill). Please, don't write if you don't know anything. You are just bad, as you said, you are not a PvP person, so just don't talk about things you have NO IDEA about.

You realize a summoner's familiar can't do damage and taunt at the same time...? If someone has their cat specced for tanking, they don't crit, ever, and their damage is abysmal (plus they don't do damage when curled, which is 8 out of every 12 seconds). If they're specced for damage, they're squishy and can't really tank. It's not like you can get the best of both worlds there, so nerfing both seems a bit ridiculous.

Cat taunt already is getting nerfed. It's supposed to swap aggro to someone else during its CD, which is what this patch was meant to do. Once the bug is fixed that's exactly what it will do. 8s taunt, no more than that. If you want to nerf it to 1s (lol, really?), then you'd have to give us the escapes that other classes have. We rely on our cat for CC or tanking because we can't kite as easily and don't have all the dodges every other class does. But you'd find us having escapes and a cat OP too, wouldn't you?

I'm not even going to touch the "summoner is underpowered in PvP," because, oh my god. I don't even PvP and I know how stupid that sentence sounds.

Sorry, uhm... I was misinformed about the PvP situation : ).

Upon looking at the rankings, it appears that summoner is actually OP for PvP because 35 are in Diamond rank, whereas the next highest is 1 (if I'm not mistaken). I'm still pretty new to the game and still learning ^_^. I'm also not a PvP person. This was based on a slew of other threads.

As for PvE, that was based on my own experience + experience in other games : ). If you don't have to manage agro, I think that is op.

Summoner is naturally going to be a bit stronger at soloing in PvE compared to other classes simply because it's the "Red Mage"

It can tank, it can heal, it can DPS.

In party play summoners aren't to the point where they are required or anything.

(Also you say you have all 7 classes, but do you have each class to 45?)

On 13.2.2016 at 1:22 AM, nestharus said:

Shut ur fking mouth if u dont know about pvp PLZZZZZ!!! What tha hell are you talking about??

Wait wait im a little confused did u talking about BM or SMN?? LOL::::::: SMN is under power in PVP LOL.... Nice Joke dude

On 13.2.2016 at 1:22 AM, nestharus said:

fyi, I do have a summoner. I actually have all 7 classes.

Another stupid liar. The game is released just 2 months in NA/EU and you have all classes!!!! or oh yeahhh they are all lv 1 i see

Just now, NiiaZa said:

Shut ur fking mouth if u dont know about pvp PLZZZZZ!!! What tha hell are you talking about??

Wait wait im a little confused did u talking about BM or SMN?? LOL::::::: SMN is under power in PVP LOL.... Nice Joke dude

Another stupid liar. The game is released just 2 months in NA/EU and you have all classes!!!! or oh yeahhh they are all lv 1 i see

*edit*

based on PvP rankings, it appears that summoner is actually op in PvP : ).

I still stand by my comments on PvE though! Anyone that tells me summoner ain't op for PvE is a liar.

*end edit*

: )

I also do have all 7 classes. I was trying to get to rank 10 premium : P.

9 hours ago, NiiaZa said:

Uhm, you realize that if you powerlevel you'll be 45 in less than a week, right? Leveling goes very very quickly in B&S.

To be fair, someone who powerlevel won't really master his class and will have shit equipment at 45.

As for Summoners in PvP...as a Blade Dancer I really really hate fighting against them at gold because of (from what I can tell) them sunflowering me when I CC the cat and then abusing dandelion once that is done. Force Masters even more so (dat damage). Yeah, I do suck, but come on.... >_>

1 hour ago, Vexe said:

Uhm, you realize that if you powerlevel you'll be 45 in less than a week, right? Leveling goes very very quickly in B&S.

To be fair, someone who powerlevel won't really master his class and will have shit equipment at 45.

As for Summoners in PvP...as a Blade Dancer I really really hate fighting against them at gold because of (from what I can tell) them sunflowering me when I CC the cat and then abusing dandelion once that is done. Force Masters even more so (dat damage). Yeah, I do suck, but come on.... >_>

i have all 3 class maxed and as fair i can tell u that there is no way, i said no way someone already have 7 class maxed within 2 months dude. Yeah it is possible to get 1 class maxed out within 1 week. My 3nd class i played it like crazy, i rushed it like crazy, over 8h-10h per day and yet i got it to lv 45 in 7-9d but it was a nightmare there is no way someone will play over 10h per day everyday over 2months man,  We are human not machine!!!!

AS for your second i don't really understand what you wanna say. my point was SMN is not under power in pvp. They are strong as hell! Did you read the thread at all or just read my comment?? >->

13 hours ago, Vexe said:

The comment about Summoners and Force Masters is just my opinion on them in PvP, not a reply to anyone. >_>

It's a fair comment. It doesnt' help that with the Hongmoon patch (and no lvl 50), Summs and Firespammers are over the top DPS. From what I hear (can't say, don't play Korean servers) this balances out for the most part come 50. a.k.a numbers are inflated atm because were playing 3/4 of a balanced game. 

I hear that Assassins when played well are also top DPS. Summoners just have a lower initial threshold to put out Damage. But like many other classes they take work to excel in.

Archived