Does anyone else feel the same as I do?

voodooblade

Personally I feel like this is a closed Beta, a Beta for a 4 year old game. Chat bugs, gold spammers, server crashes, ping issues, unbalanced classes, People getting stuck in first person, people getting stuck and have to relog to move, Summoner Paw skill glitch. These are issues with early, early beta MMO Phases. At this rate I'll be shocked if BnS remains half it's size in a year. All these issues+NCSoft politics is leaving a very, very sour taste in peoples mouths.  Oh I almost forgot 1 more thing...incomplete classes like BM who are handicapped due to certain skills being hidden behind a 'Release later" wall. 

This sin't a QQ thread, but just curious if I am alone here? 

1) Don't be modest. This is partly a QQ thread. Not saying some of the QQ isn't justifiable - it is easy to play this game and log-off with a bad taste in your mouth.

2) Well, personally, the more I play the less enticing it is for me to play. I have my reasons, but if I do plan to leave I'd just do it.

I'm not very attached to this game, so I find that laying out my views is a waste of time for the forum space (got to let the spam bots have room), a futile message to a non-responsive staff, and will just fuel more anger from a community already on edge.

I don't know why you quoted my #2 and thought I was assuming anything. I'm just saying I'd personally just leave, as that would be the most possible outcome - I wouldn't make a thread or anything.

The current state of Blade & Soul does feel more like a last minute cash grab for a game approaching obsolescence than a firm commitment to NA / EU.  A lot of complaints about inadequate servers ( personally, I've not had this issue ), two disgustingly atrocious cash grabs within a month of release ( cash shop RNG box, forced bundle ), shitty shop, no communication between NCSoft and community on official forum, spotty localization, etc.

12 minutes ago, Trinket said:

I'm not very attached to this game, so I find that laying out my views is a waste of time for the forum space (got to let the spam bots have room), a futile message to a non-responsive staff, and will just fuel more anger from a community already on edge.

I don't know why you quoted my #2 and thought I was assuming anything. I'm just saying I'd personally just leave, as that would be the most possible outcome - I wouldn't make a thread or anything.

Yet you are posting here.

4 minutes ago, Meerkat said:

The current state of Blade & Soul does feel more like a last minute cash grab for a game approaching obsolescence than a firm commitment to NA / EU.  A lot of complaints about inadequate servers ( personally, I've not had this issue ), two disgustingly atrocious cash grabs within a month of release ( cash shop RNG box, forced bundle ), shitty shop, no communication between NCSoft and community on official forum, spotty localization, etc.

Yup, which is a shame, because if handled decently the game could last a few years longer. As it's fresh here. 

1 minute ago, Trinket said:

And? 

"I'm not very attached to this game, so I find that laying out my views is a waste of time for the forum space (got to let the spam bots have room), a futile message to a non-responsive staff, and will just fuel more anger from a community already on edge"

According to this, you shouldn't be posting here.

1 minute ago, voodooblade said:

"I'm not very attached to this game, so I find that laying out my views is a waste of time for the forum space (got to let the spam bots have room), a futile message to a non-responsive staff, and will just fuel more anger from a community already on edge"

According to this, you shouldn't be posting here.

" As would I, Furthermore I advise refraining from assuming...reflects poorly on your intellect and character. "

Actually NCsoft did do some things right sofar, but it seems bad memories stick allot longer to people then the good. They did add more servers when we needed them most while i have seen companies simply wait out the initial "new" mmo rush without adding any servers (just an example). There are a few other things they did right aswell. The only real gripe i have sofar is the lack of communication in a few pressing matters. 

1. Where is the arena located and why are people not receiving feedback about high ping reports.

2. The optimization patch actually broke the game for some people instead of making it better.

3. In general some people crash allot and made reports without any feedback sofar.

4. The support being automated without real responses on mailed issues.

5. The cross-server abuse.

6. The still existing bot problem. (although steps have been taken to tome it down).

The list goes on and on into minor issues, but still these are pretty important right now. I do still have faith they read the threads, and most likely are looking into it, but without communication this can be frustrating. Having said that i personally have not encountered most of the problems above, except the arena thing. I would like a honest awnser to that. Sofar i want to play arena, but i have no way of checking my ping there and fear i'm at a disadvantage right from the start. If it's located in the US simply be fair about it so i can drop it. I would not mind it being there i would simply not play it. I'm not disposable cannon fodder for american players.

I can understand that people are getting frustrated, and as said wisdom from NCsoft would be to start responding. If it's only "we are aware and looking into it" goes miles in form of damage control. Oh well i'm just gonna see what happens although i have to say the slope is getting pretty steep and the ball is rolling pretty fast now.

2 minutes ago, Trinket said:

" I advise you not to assume anything... it reflects poorly on your intellect and character. "

Not taking sides or anything but that last sentence was really obnoxious. I need to correct it.

22 minutes ago, zaffi said:

I feel u bro and the most annoying thing is the unbalanced classes in arenas like the destroyer rotating non stop 

The washing machine destroyers are so easy to beat. Just bait them to spin, double tap S to get back out of range, wait, face plow when it ends, rinse and repeat(pun intended).

My biggest gripe is the lack of communication of what/when/where along with the forum moderation is sub-par at best. I feel that is the main problem which could end up being the make or break when it comes down to all the issues you mentioned in your original post. When they do attempt to get rid of gold spammers through their updates they never really seem to let us know until a couple of hours beforehand instead of around a day or so. 7 hour maintenances but you find out around 12 hours before isn't really the right way to go unless it is emergency maintenance. The RNG boxes in the store are a real big turn off. I would've happily paid quite a bit (even more than average for the costume) if it was also in the box and we had 2 options to get it. (such as: Pay £40 for costume. Or pay £5 for each box and maybe you'll get lucky + bonus things?) 

I feel they should've released the patch for the blade master now as I'm hearing it is severely unbalanced - which isn't really fair. Another problem with the game is that things haven't been tested correctly, like you've mentioned. I work for a testing team on another game, so I can understand it is quite complicated to replicate issues if people just say "I keep getting stuck in first person". If players also helped the staff out by saying what they did beforehand such as: "I rotated my screen to see the front of my character and it locked me into first person... can you help me?" then it gives them an idea of how to replicate the issue. Some issues are random, some others aren't. I totally agree with you about the fact that the chat bugs, ping issues, unbalanced classes and people getting issues are early beta related. The Server issues are somewhat expected, they didn't have this kind of traffic + gold spammers (at least, not as many) in the beta periods and talking of gold spammers I'm not sure how the other regions are but maybe they are this bad over there too - if they aren't they need to copy the way they are doing this. I have also found that I have reported the same player CONSTANTLY as different characters in the game within a 3/4 hour period - I don't believe they have the workforce to keep on top of the reports for gold spammers. 

To be honest though, going by the communication from when they announced the game back however many years ago to now: It doesn't surprise me that the communication isn't that great, heck, just downright bad. When they read threads they should atleast reply to them to tell the players if they are "Working on this", "Will look into this", "Thank you for feedback", "Suggestion may come soon", etc. But they don't. I feel if they step up their communication we may get somewhere.

1 hour ago, voodooblade said:

Apparently I received a warning from a Moderator for this topic. GG 

Yep, mods here are grumpy af. They give warnings to anyone who criticizes anything about the game. (which is only normal.... 'cause you can never please everyone) Not only that, they close their threads too. I've never seen that before and it's extremely unprofessional. And I'm pretty sure I'll get a warning/ban for saying this.

2 minutes ago, Yuina said:

Yep, mods here are grumpy af. They give warnings to anyone who criticizes anything about the game. (which is only normal.... 'cause you can never please everyone) Not only that, they close their threads too. I've never seen that before and it's extremely unprofessional. And I'm pretty sure I'll get a warning/ban for saying this.

If only this were true. The forums wouldn't be flooded with tears then.

Archived