Mainatainance extended!

DeathAggro

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Yuma said:

Calm down lol This thing happens all the time on big patches.

Actually, it doesn't - there are software projects much larger than this game with strict maintenance windows that are adhered to consistently.

Generally, when something like this happens, it's sourced from a lack of planning, a lack of testing, or a severe underestimation of the amount of work that's involved (which basically translates into lack of planning).

Just now, Meiling said:

Wish people would drop the EU time zone crap already. I've read so many of these things it's getting annoying. It is what it is, you'll have to deal with it.

Let me quess either you're not effected by this as EU player or you're from NA?

If you're from NA how about from now on we hit maintenances so that its NA prime time lets see how many ppl would be upset about that then

1 minute ago, Ninfu said:

Yup saw it and commented it already. Oh well this was not even suprise. We could see this coming from miles away. Best solution stop buying stuff if you're from EU and dont support ncsoft till they fix this

Like I said before, yes I play on NA, but I play on "EU Primetime".

That being said this effects me also. Nice try bud.

I feel for you EU brothers but you gotta remember your servers are actually in America with our servers. That being said the primary reason your maintenance is done during your prime time is the server staff is likely operating a 9am-5pm job like most white collar employees. I'm sorry but until they move your EU servers to Europe I doubt this will change. It's highly unlikely this is done out of spite. If you had a family and worked a normal day job would you want to come in at 10pm-4am and complete your duties? No your family would be upset and your sleep schedule would hate you. Just have a little patience and hope that the EU playerbase expands to a level they can afford to move your servers. Sorry again EU neighbors.

1 minute ago, noctred said:

Actually, it doesn't - there are software projects much larger than this game with strict maintenance windows that are adhered to consistently.

Generally, when something like this happens, it's sourced from a lack of planning, a lack of testing, or a severe underestimation of the amount of work that's involved (which basically translates into lack of planning).

Alrighty, I've played plenty of MMO's and I honestly saw this coming, big patches tend to be "extended" because of some issue. It's a given. If you didn't see it coming its your own fault :^)

2 minutes ago, Ninfu said:

then you should understand how screwed this system is

I understand no matter how they do down times someone is screwed.

There is obviously a reason WHY NA and EU get the same down times. It's not like NC is purposely screwing over EU because they like watching them cry.

Just now, AnotherEli said:

I feel for you EU brothers but you gotta remember your servers are actually in America with our servers. That being said the primary reason your maintenance is done during your prime time is the server staff is likely operating a 9am-5pm job like most white collar employees. I'm sorry but until they move your EU servers to Europe I doubt this will change. It's highly unlikely this is done out of spite. If you had a family and worked a normal day job would you want to come in at 10pm-4am and complete your duties? No your family would be upset and your sleep schedule would hate you. Just have a little patience and hope that the EU playerbase expands to a level they can afford to move your servers. Sorry again EU neighbors.

Sry but our world server is located in EU while other features like log in / wardrobe / market is located in NA.

Also theres no reason to be unfair and forget EU players. They could've easily rotated maintenance times so that each region would loose their prime time or they could've just given EU own times with own datacenter. EU players are already paying more for this game than NA while we're treated like second rate citizen and like we dont matter.

Uhm, pretty sure the patch started outside of NA office hours.

Anyhoo, IIRC this patch started what, 3 hours after the last one, so unlike the last one, this one was past the time I usually play. (yay).  And since it was 3 hours later, how do we know they *aren't* rotating the time by 3 hours each time or somesuch?

4 minutes ago, Yuma said:

Alrighty, I've played plenty of MMO's and I honestly saw this coming, big patches tend to be "extended" because of some issue. It's a given. If you didn't see it coming its your own fault :^)

I did see it coming cuz I'm familiar with NCwest's history - all I'm saying is that people are naive if they think this is the norm in the realm of software development and application maintenance.

Just now, Ninfu said:

Sry but our world server is located in EU while other features like log in / wardrobe / market is located in NA.

Also theres no reason to be unfair and forget EU players. They could've easily rotated maintenance times so that each region would loose their prime time or they could've just given EU own times with own datacenter. EU players are already paying more for this game than NA while we're treated like second rate citizen and like we dont matter.

I highly doubt that's the intentions behind the maintenance windows. Sorry you feel that way but honestly if they offered to rotate prime-times I wouldn't mind. I have a random day off so I'm able to play during the day but my normal schedule is EU-prime time. It's not just you affected by this no need to flame an entire continents playerbase for the decision of a few tens of staff.

To be fair, seeing as how there have been a few times when maintenance had ended ~2-3 hours earlier than their approximation, I'll happily accept that this maintenance (being a particularly big one) should end a few hours later than their 6-hour approximation.

1 minute ago, noctred said:

I did see it coming - all I'm saying is that people are naive if they think this is the norm in the realm of software development and application maintenance.

Let me quess NA player who has whole day left to play? Quess what its now 8:20 pm in here and got less than 2 hours now time to play if. So yeah because of their own problems EU players get screwed even more.

• NCSOFT

Hey, guys there is no need to bash each here. Our current maintenance times are inconvenient for EU players but for updates like these, the down time will be longer. Future scheduled maintenance downtime (outside of game updates or significant changes) will not be as long so it will have less of an impact.

We are also considering adjusting our maintenance window and that has been a work in progress as there are a few factors to consider.

6 minutes ago, Ninfu said:

Let me quess either you're not effected by this as EU player or you're from NA?

If you're from NA how about from now on we hit maintenances so that its NA prime time lets see how many ppl would be upset about that then

Maintenance already runs through a good chunk of the time I can play but I'm not crying over it, I'm just excited to get new content I've been waiting for.

They should take a look at Guild Wars 2 ,and learn from them. >_> There is no server down time at all for maintenance or patches. You can play while they are working. You get a message ingame to update your game when they're done and that's it. If you dont update, it will close and update automatically after 1 hour.  

Take some notes!

6 minutes ago, AnotherEli said:

I highly doubt that's the intentions behind the maintenance windows. Sorry you feel that way but honestly if they offered to rotate prime-times I wouldn't mind. I have a random day off so I'm able to play during the day but my normal schedule is EU-prime time. It's not just you affected by this no need to flame an entire continents playerbase for the decision of a few tens of staff.

Im not bashing players. My upset is towarded to Ncsoft who has been ignoring EU players who has requested own maitenance times since first maitenance but so far no solutions been offered and now this 6 hours long maitenance with extension is eating up all playtime what majority of EU players have and top of example i've 3 months of premium bought master pack to support Ncsoft and we're still treated like second rate citizen.

Its not NA players fault that company favors you guys. Its been ages with almost every game company but so far Ncsoft might take top of cake. Atm its FFXIV with their non eu servers but soon it will be NCsoft

4 minutes ago, Hime said:

Hey, guys there is no need to bash each here. Our current maintenance times are inconvenient for EU players but for updates like these, the down time will be longer. Future scheduled maintenance downtime (outside of game updates or significant changes) will not be as long so it will have less of an impact.

We are also considering adjusting our maintenance window and that has been a work in progress as there are a few factors to consider.

Thanks for showing up. Yeah there might be but theres already extremely simple solution if EU cannot be given own downtimes. Just rotate so each region has to suffer equally.

Archived