Just unlock the Warlock already

Goji

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning fellow warlock players! Another day, another set of dailies on a character that bores me. BDO beta in 2 days, time to take some time off BnS and the money I've been spending in the Hongmoon Store unless Ncsoft come out with a positive surprise soon. 

#unlockthelock

30 minutes ago, BestWaifu said:

Making a huge fuss of it is tho. My view and point still stands. We get it when we get it.

Bored? Do some other activity.

Making a fuss is usually how you can bring about changes though. Maybe NCSoft don't care and we get the warlock when they want us to have it, or maybe they decide to change their minds and release it a bit early. It's not like they'll get annoyed and decide not to release the warlock at all, so either way making a thread asking for something won't negatively impact us. 

Don't care? Why even participate in the thread to begin with. :P 

I admit I wasn't that excited about the Warlock at first, but the more I look into this class the more intriguing it gets. It is not however a top priority when it comes to changing the game. And admittedtly, I too, already prepared a character appearance in advance, so I guess that's one more smoke to be skipped.

1 hour ago, BestWaifu said:

Making a huge fuss of it is tho. My view and point still stands. We get it when we get it.

Bored? Do some other activity.

Well why dont you join our pain what ever your main class is. STOP playing it untill warlock comes out and only level and play on alt classes.

Just play on other regions while you wait for the class to come out.  Doing a quick google search will tell you how to create an account and get playing.  If you get on the jp servers get on Boton.  Most english speakers play that server.

Its what I'm doing while waiting for warlock ot come out.  They are getting my money instead of this region since the class I want to play isn't available.  BTW......they kick ass. 

5 minutes ago, Zarec said:

Just play on other regions while you wait for the class to come out.  Doing a quick google search will tell you how to create an account and get playing.  If you get on the jp servers get on Boton.  Most english speakers play that server.

Its what I'm doing while waiting for warlock ot come out.  They are getting my money instead of this region since the class I want to play isn't available.  BTW......they kick ass. 

Though i have been doing  that to play on my JP warlock and only doing a few dailys to make soulstones and gold on the NA. Its not really that much of a fix yeh we play warlock at a 300 ish MS ewww. but it still just increases the gap NA warlock mains have to try to close to do content with friends and possible clan mates. #unlockthelock

But yeah i agree if you wana try it out and you havnt i do recomend this for people

2 minutes ago, Kirren said:

Though i have been doing  that to play on my JP warlock and only doing a few dailys to make soulstones and gold on the NA. Its not really that much of a fix yeh we play warlock at a 300 ish MS ewww. but it still just increases the gap NA warlock mains have to try to close to do content with friends and possible clan mates. #unlockthelock

But yeah i agree if you wana try it out and you havnt i do recomend this for people

use WTFast, they have a preset on it for BNS Jp.  I'm playing at 170 thereabouts.  Was playing at 250 without it.  Yaksha is a pain to use though because of the high ping.  

2 minutes ago, Kirren said:

Indeed, the main problem is that Warlock mains are falling further and further behind their guildmates in terms of gear progression since all gear is BoP and will have to play catch up for a long time if they keep releasing more PvE content before actually putting out the Warlock class. 

Just now, Trickery said:

Indeed, the main problem is that Warlock mains are falling further and further behind their guildmates in terms of gear progression since all gear is BoP and will have to play catch up for a long time if they keep releasing more PvE content before actually putting out the Warlock class. 

same can be said for soul fighter...but its the same for every new class or new player that comes into the game.  

Your best bet is to get the crafting materials ready.  Its what I'm doing.  I'm playing on Jp region bns and the amoutn of mats needed are redic.  Moon stones..ugh...moon stones....

1 minute ago, Trickery said:

I want to play Warlock as well, more for the fact when it comes out it will be OP as hell.. 
Also thats not a problem if you farm enough gold now ! You can get the same gear as your guildys as long as you farm the mats for the upgrading weapon

Just now, Zarec said:

same can be said for soul fighter...but its the same for every new class or new player that comes into the game.  

Your best bet is to get the crafting materials ready.  Its what I'm doing.  I'm playing on Jp region bns and the amoutn of mats needed are redic.  Moon stones..ugh...moon stones....

Sure, but the difference here is that when NCSoft say things like "we just need to flip the switch" and "it'll be sooner than you think", it gave Warlock players the impression that we wouldn't have to wait that long at all where as no such timeframe has been given on the soul fighter. 

Just now, Unexist88 said:

I want to play Warlock as well, more for the fact when it comes out it will be OP as hell.. 
Also thats not a problem if you farm enough gold now ! You can get the same gear as your guildys as long as you farm the mats for the upgrading weapon

Your gonna be really sad then! cause they have confrimed we are getting the nerfed Warlock

Just now, Unexist88 said:

IT will only be OP for players unfamiliar with the mechanics of the class when it comes to PVP.  In PVE they are great at pullign aggro easily.  Their skills paths are interesting, you can go highs and lows (frost element path) or go sustained damage (dark element path)

6 minutes ago, Trickery said:

Sure, but the difference here is that when NCSoft say things like "we just need to flip the switch" and "it'll be sooner than you think", it gave Warlock players the impression that we wouldn't have to wait that long at all where as no such timeframe has been given on the soul fighter. 

Soul Fighter just came out in KR so it prob own't come out till I would say july or august.  

Them saying that was a poor choice on their part as warlock is a very fun class to play not just in visuals but in the attitude teh class has built into its animations (the class exudes power not only in damage but in the presence during animations it resonates with players who want to feel powerful, its why many players love the class).  A lot of players wanted warlock out the door during CBT but we all knew it wasn't going to happen.  

I dont think that statements such as "it's 100% finished and just kep away from us for no reason at all" are true to be honest.

I understand that people who love the warlock are a bit bitter about it being locked right now. I personally didnt play it yet but i'd love to and i believe that it's gonna be 1st or 2nd place of my favourite classes from the gameplay and visuals i've seen - i so kinda feel with you.

But i dont think that they are just keeping it away for no reason. They want to follow the official order in which content was released. Now you might say "but that doesnt change the fact that they are keeping it only because they want to" - it does! If i'm informed right the warlock is a class that was released after level 50 (argument works the same if he was 45 tho). That means that the first iteration of his balancing and skills is balanced around a different content. Sure, the skills scale with level, but you should understand the point i'm trying to make. Take any other game that is a few years old, imagine it was released in another country and them imagine that an early version of the game gets an hero as-is after it's been released in an highly advanced version of the game. There will be problems. Balancing, maybe even story/content wise. 

TL;DR: Releasing it might be incompativble to the version of the game we currently have in an aspect of balancing and other content. They also might want to take the proper order to release the content. Also, to rebalance the class would cost them additional money which they (as a company) dont want to spend on something that's gonna be released in 1-2 months anyway.

2 minutes ago, Yamyatos said:

I dont think that statements such as "it's 100% finished and just kep away from us for no reason at all" are true to be honest.

I understand that people who love the warlock are a bit bitter about it being locked right now. I personally didnt play it yet but i'd love to and i believe that it's gonna be 1st or 2nd place of my favourite classes from the gameplay and visuals i've seen - i so kinda feel with you.

But i dont think that they are just keeping it away for no reason. They want to follow the official order in which content was released. Now you might say "but that doesnt change the fact that they are keeping it only because they want to" - it does! If i'm informed right the warlock is a class that was released after level 50 (argument works the same if he was 45 tho). That means that the first iteration of his balancing and skills is balanced around a different content. Sure, the skills scale with level, but you should understand the point i'm trying to make. Take any other game that is a few years old, imagine it was released in another country and them imagine that an early version of the game gets an hero as-is after it's been released in an highly advanced version of the game. There will be problems. Balancing, maybe even story/content wise. 

TL;DR: Releasing it might be incompativble to the version of the game we currently have in an aspect of balancing and other content. They also might want to take the proper order to release the content. Also, to rebalance the class would cost them additional money which they (as a company) dont want to spend on something that's gonna be released in 1-2 months anyway.

NCSoft themselves have said the class is ready to go but that it is being withheld for business reasons, so it's not something we're just telling ourselves. :) 

As has been said many times in this thread, the game is already unbalanced due to us being on the level 50 patch but being level locked at 45. 

2 minutes ago, Yamyatos said:

Tough i agree with it's a possiblity. I'm more under the impression its a bad marketing trick to try and retain people when Black Desert comes out. I swear if it comes out the same week as BDO im really gonna be pissed at NCsoft. 

2 hours ago, Trickery said:

NCSoft themselves have said the class is ready to go but that it is being withheld for business reasons, so it's not something we're just telling ourselves. :) 

As has been said many times in this thread, the game is already unbalanced due to us being on the level 50 patch but being level locked at 45. 

If it's due to business reasons it may be completely out of their hands. They are likely following a pre-determined patch schedule given to them by the big guys. (I can see why, as releasing it at a later date will pull in a new wave of players. Whether that is fair to current players or not... *shrugs* Up to the individual to decide.)

Also, to whoever said they want to play Warlock because it'll be OP on release... The adjusted version will be releasing on NA/EU. They'll probably wreck in PvP for awhile because people won't know how to handle them, though. I foresee complaint threads. :P

I do plan to roll a Warlock when it comes out, but I still have a lot of other classes to level (I like alts).

Archived