Cross-Server Dungeon and Idiots

Eternalx

Dear people who participate in cross-server dungeons,

Point number 1: When someone doesn't move for 5 seconds, it does NOT mean they are AFK. It could be because they are lagging or waiting for stabilization so the game doesn't crash. I'm sick of plebs raging and insulting these so called 'AFKers' 5-10 seconds into the dungeon run. Have some patience and respect. 

Point number 2: When someone doesn't have maxed true profane/siren, that DOES NOT mean they are a noob and the WHOLE party experience is "ruined". Likewise, you are NOT entitled to call them "trash" and request for them to be "kicked" (LOL??) just because they use stage 1 awakened profane (P.S: In this situation, the guy only got his profane before the run, everyone elese in party had true profane maxed so I see no problem 'carrying' him a little) 

Point number 3: To those idiots who bid 5 gold on moonwater tears and then leaving. You're stupid. We get to bid on the item later anyways so you've accomplished nothing except for giving yourself and your guild a bad name. Grow up idiots. 

That's it for now ~ 

Bye 

good points but point 1 is debatable  a random occurrence that's been happening to me over the past weekend in Cross Server and 90% of the time is usually the PL.  Group clears trash before we pull boss ask AFKer "you having problems?" he/she says "nope you guys got this" end result I leave group and find another. So in some sense i can see why people don't deal with AFKers it sucks for the people having legitimate problems but like the old saying goes it just takes one.

There are eleventy billion topics on this, but yeah, same old story. Groups vary so much when it comes to the later dungeons. There are many that have players who whine about a single wipe in Moonwater/Blackram that it's not even funny. But for every group like that I've had random ones where everyone just hopped in, cleared, worked well together, and had fun.

It is kind of a shame that we're only a month or so into the game and already there are players who just don't know how to have fun. Threads lamenting how easy the game is, but it seems to be those same type of players who don't have the patience or more importantly the skill to get through the content if they aren't actually being carried themselves. I will say there are some things that make joining in-progress runs painful, like Blackram having no Dragon Pulses to get you out to group members quickly if they've already cleared some of the bosses; that's just bad design and incentivizes players to only join new clears if they're going to have to run all that way regardless.

Tl;dr, same problems as in other games, but overall cross server and random grouping in game has been a good experience. I try to always give a thank you to the group because I do appreciate being able to just jump in and have fun with everyone.

17 minutes ago, Pepperino said:

I don't really get point 3. What do you mean by bidding later?

When someone raises the bid to try and basically extort gold out of someone and then leaves because they had no intention of paying anyway then it reverts back to the previous high bidder.

If you bid 5g on moonwater tears and you are with your friend + randoms.

Everyone passes your friend doesnt pass you leave dungeon..

Now everyone gets to rebid EXCEPT those that passed which gives your friend the change to pick it up for 1 copper.

Ah, I see. Never seen it happen or heard of it. I leave after the tear bidding unless there is a secret technique dropped. I always start the bid at 15silver for tears and drive it up to 40 if people are trying to out bid me. If they go further then I backout. 40 is the max i'll go since you're pretty much overpaying at that point unless the market for them changed.

1 hour ago, DanielColunas said:

Point Number 4: hate those blind people that rush through the dungeon 'til the boss and kill half the party in the fire.

Clap for them.

It get's hilarious when they try this and then die on the trash pack after the fire, raging like a mad bull because they failed so hard.

Always worth to bring out the popcorn at that point.

• Ooneka locked this topic

Archived