Safe (PvP Disabled) Channel

Callback

4 minutes ago, syrusstk said:

You don't seem to get it, what group? when there is 80-20, 90-10 faction ratio, you eighter change faction to the dominant o just move on to other mmos  that is how good pvp is :))  if this is not enough proof.

I played I think all action mmos out there, and can say  that  the only game  where you could manage even with bad gear or low lvl  was Raiderz,  where small reaction time and skill  kept you alive.   

An organized group will always trump unorganized zerg, just saying. But if you're not interested in PvP just switch to the majority faction.

MMOs nowadays are too easy, and I think that's the problem. Players want it all, want it now, with little sweat for big rewards, Hell I realized I just had 1 upgrade on my weapon at level 36-37. That was when I started doing Blackram Narrows for the blight weapon. That's how easy this game is.

Like I said before, not all content should be so accessible for everyone. Either be hardcore and manage , or settle for what the game offers for casual players.

12 hours ago, Ojnas said:

Sorry but i dont agree with this once again if you want dailies join a group and wipe each other out  there is a reason for faction dailies in other words you just want to be handed Soulstones or what ever you are after. i have seen this done it happed in AION (Fast Track) and it killed the game for the most part and a lot of ppl left the game. If this was to happen every single soul would be in the Safe channel which would kill the game also in the beginning they stated there is no safe zones in this game, and honestly i hope they dont change it.

Well, I'm sorry but youre totaly wrong here. I'm playing with high latency problems and having optimization problems within the game. I need the soulstones from the daily quests in order to make some profit or, craft the needed moonwater trans stones. I never attack any people while doing my faction dailies, because mostly I see people who does their quests as well. Getting interrupted and frustrated only decreases my will to keep playing. I'm seeing lots of disrespectful and aggresive behavioured players, and especially guilds from the opposing faction who only ganks ppl while they are trying to do their dailies. So at the end, this only decreases players overall gaming experience because he chose to do the quests rather than do the open world pvp. And the fact is this is a real issue of abusement in the game and needs to get fixed asap. Even in a group I'm wasting more than an hour to do the dailies sometimes and that is such a waste of time and makes me feel frustrated about the condition. I can guarantee if there will be a safe channel for it, people will mostly prefer the other channels for open world pvping(because it will be not possible in the other one) while doing your quests faster and safely in the others. If these quests wasnt taking so long and the opposite faction wasnt this abusive, I may have tried to do some open world pvp but sadly they always find a way to kill this motivation. And no, I'm not going to stop playing the game, that is not your decision and I want this to solved asap with adding a safe channel just for dailies.(to the toxicated and flamer ppl around)

22 minutes ago, Udunnome said:

An organized group will always trump unorganized zerg, just saying. But if you're not interested in PvP just switch to the majority faction.

MMOs nowadays are too easy, and I think that's the problem. Players want it all, want it now, with little sweat for big rewards, Hell I realized I just had 1 upgrade on my weapon at level 36-37. That was when I started doing Blackram Narrows for the blight weapon. That's how easy this game is.

Like I said before, not all content should be so accessible for everyone. Either be hardcore and manage , or settle for what the game offers for casual players.

A 6 man organized  party  will never ever triumph over  a  group of 30+ unorganized  players ( tested we gang r**ed them, oh the swarewords ) , Also  the only reason player attack the player doing the daily, beside for the LULz is because  some guilds make a monopoly  over the Ss, controlling the market, gathering gold, gold most used for goldsellers.  And you know what would fix this problem  make Ss untradeable,  that is how to stop access to an item, that would make the elitist feel better about themselfs 

FORCED pvp isnt the solution , thats why B&S has costumes so u can choose to participate OR NOT...and yeah faction imbalance issues exists , why? is simple if u arent into PVP and want to do your dailys you just join the biggest faction so u can PVE (some dont even PVP at all but want to do dailys safely)

8 minutes ago, Warlyx said:

FORCED pvp isnt the solution , thats why B&S has costumes so u can choose to participate OR NOT...and yeah faction imbalance issues exists , why? is simple if u arent into PVP and want to do your dailys you just join the biggest faction so u can PVE (some dont even PVP at all but want to do dailys safely)

here is separate topic about balance in the factions xD

To everyone saying to reduce rewards on the safe channel, no.  That doesn't help the problem.  That just means it's STILL in players' best interests to all become the same faction for the double reward.  The goal here is to make faction choice unimportant to your progression.  Neither side makes earning stones, shields, etc. any easier.  That's the only way we will ever see the two sides balance and see real PvP happening.

To people saying to communicate, how?  90-10 players on blue means red has 9x as many bots in faction chat.  It scrolls faster than a popular Twitch stream.  Most players have it disabled so would never see it, and any who do peek in are not likely to ever notice it under the spam.

And no, the penalty is not too low. The dura loss applies the same as dying in a dungeon and that is wrong.  When attempting dailys means spamming attempts for 2 hours while constantly being jumped by 30 people at a time losing 10 dura per jump, you lose a LOT of gold to repair tools.

6 hours ago, syrusstk said:

Sorry to say this to you but this is not a good MMO, is a nice looking MMO not a good one,  it gets boring really fast, also  most mmos pvp has a separate reward be it in cosmetics or items, gear specially dedicated for pvp ,  but in BnS the owPvP reward ( and I mean Ss)  are needed everywhere, so is not a do if you like it's a do because you must, forcing someone into doing something they don't like it's like asking them to quit, because why play something that just  pisses you off 

Why are you sorry to voice your opinion about a game?  Do you think that it's a fact?  It's just your opinion, and you can have it if you like.  I actually think this MMO is pretty well designed.

Also, I solo my Faction dailies as Crimson on Poh every day.  Usually doesn't take me more than 20-30 minutes, which isn't bad considering.

I think.. 

mayhaps there should be an option to do faction dailies but with penalty if not in pvp mode.

Not with a huge one, but like say half the reward of when you are suited cerulean/crimson. 

suit on: 100% exp/items

suit off: 50% exp/items

Reason being why you even get 'precious' things like soulstones and prestige points from mostly only these sort of quest is because your upping that annoyance/danger 'factor' and thus the rewards would be better.  If you want an easier way then its only natural that the 'stakes' are equivalent to the rewards or near it.

Personally until they do something about open world pvp I'm just gonna withhold my wallet, normally I tend to spend big on games I like, and I do like the game, but the fact that you cant even switch channels without being confronted by a blue zerg everywhere you go is getting old reallllly fast. 

On 2/5/2016 at 10:38 AM, Udunnome said:

Kinda funny how you're suggesting to switch to the majority faction while also complaining about people wanting it easy.  If everyone that wants to do the dailies switches to the majority faction just for that then that's exactly what they're doing... the easy way.  If you're suggesting that and if a lot of people already do that then what exactly is the problem with a safe channel?  Odds of being attacked when you're in a group are small, even smaller if you're member of the majority faction so what exactly is the difference between that and a no-pvp channel?  The tiny chance that some idiot is going to attack and die in a couple of seconds?

I for one hate pvp, love everything else in this game but I hate pvp. (that and my nervous system can't handle it for some reason, nobody's perfect)

At this point for me it basically feels pointless to even try to do dailies as red, its not even a matter of "hard" vs "easy" its straight up can and cant do, and I cant even switch sides to even try the stupid dragon  because cerulean is so over populated.

4 hours ago, jacktheripper said:

its a pvp soul shield and a pvp daily why is it so hard to understand that in order to do pvp daily's you have to pvp

am i the only one with a working brain here?

Because (unless I'm missing something) it's the only good source of soulstones?

A simple and elegant solution would be to have a PVP block of 5* levels above and below. For example, if you are level 45, the game would only show characters level 40 and above as available for PVP, every other player would show as a non-combat player. If you were level 20, levels 15 to 25 would be able to PVP against you. The block could be optional, in that if you are a crazy-ass, suicidal level 20 and want to be open for combat with level 45 players, you can turn the level block off.

Personally, I can't understand how people can think it is fun or in anyway rewarding to kill a player well below their level. It's lame and petty and not good sporting.

*Random number is random

4 hours ago, Maryelle said:

A simple and elegant solution would be to have a PVP block of 5* levels above and below. For example, if you are level 45, the game would only show characters level 40 and above as available for PVP, every other player would show as a non-combat player. If you were level 20, levels 15 to 25 would be able to PVP against you. The block could be optional, in that if you are a crazy-ass, suicidal level 20 and want to be open for combat with level 45 players, you can turn the level block off.

Personally, I can't understand how people can think it is fun or in anyway rewarding to kill a player well below their level. It's lame and petty and not good sporting.

*Random number is random

That solves nothing.  The main issue is that the 45 faction grounds are entirely blue with no space on any channel for red (and takes forever to even verify that with the insane cc cooldown).  This was never an issue about those people, it's an issue with the impossibility of daily quests on red period, which just drives more people blue and makes the problem that much worse.

I am in favor of safe channels and let me explain why. I am on Iksanun was lvl 41 when this happened. Trying to farm igsinias at Bleachbone Outpost. Lvl 45 kfm kills me (also a kfm) then I try to kill her a few times to even the score before the *cricket* tells me to stop. I try a little more before I stop and switch channels. She proceeds to start channel hopping and specifically starts targeting me and only me and I switched channels multiple times to avoid her. Now things gey worse cause I asked for hepp nicely to get rid of her before I start begging all the while I am told to change channels and people on red faction are telljng her to kill me. I had to log off because the stress and anger from this bullshit made my heart physically start hurting. So until they fix the imbalance with factions I am absolutely in favor of safe channels SPECIFICALLY AND ONLY for the severely underpowered faction.

How-About-No-01.jpg

you don't have to pvp. just do the 'non-pvp' dailies.

there's a spreadsheet somewhere, 40 non-pvp dailies only get 50s less then 40 pvp dailies.

for premium player with premium gold boost, that's more than 9g a day

while free2play that's almost 8g a day

15 minutes ago, chinmi said:

How-About-No-01.jpg

you don't have to pvp. just do the 'non-pvp' dailies.

there's a spreadsheet somewhere, 40 non-pvp dailies only get 50s less then 40 pvp dailies.

for premium player with premium gold boost, that's more than 9g a day

while free2play that's almost 8g a day

After converting the soul stones (main thing needed) to the MB value you have things very backwards.  Soulstones are mandatory and nearly all of them are behind PvP dailys.

And again, the imbalance is KILLING open PvP.  With the entire server on 1 team, there's nobody to fight. But nobody wants to sacrifice the ability to do dailys just to be the one red punching bag in the sea of 40 blues.

i think its a great idea so you can grind in peace if you like, should be a choose what way you can go, putting a key craft key (soulstone) in pvp will just make the game flop even faster you can see it now alot have left because stronger players (GOLD BUYERS) just wait at one spot and move though the channels waiting for a easy kill nc you flop 3 games in a row is this going to be your 4th

Archived